Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2023, 16:58   #1876
BHPian

Re: Skoda Slavia Review

Hey everyone,

Went for another long drive to Dharamshala, McleodGanj to watch the New Zealand vs Australia Match.

My Dhanno gave another cracking performance. Gaining speeds with so much comfort, however handling wise I feel my Figo's was a tad better just because of steering response.

It also performed great on the narrow hills of mcleodganj. However faced one issue where the stick was taking some effort to shift from Park to Reverse. Maybe I was on an incline or was not pressing brake pedal firmly enough. However the issue only occurred once.

Another strange thing I felt was that on the drive down, sometime the paddle shifters were not changing gears. Maybe there is a limitation when the engine rpm speed is high or it detects car is rolling down a hill. It was not letting me upshift. However they started working fine after some time when I reached plains.

Overall super happy with the purchase and the attention my laal dhanno gets everywhere
Peterf is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th November 2023, 19:10   #1877

Need major advice.

Greeting to fellow Bhpians.

I have a Skoda Slavia 1.5 manual transmission. The reason I went for the manual transmission is because I had to have one, not because DSGs are unreliable. Also, all my other cars were automatic.

The incident which I am about to share started during my first service. The advisor told me that the clutch pedal was getting stuck midway. After a week of the car being left at Gurudev Vellore, they replaced the clutch master cylinder, and it was good to go.

After a few months, it happened again when my friend was driving the car. The pedal got stuck, he also panicked for it was something very new to him and he didn't know how to react. I told him to pull it back using his foot. Long story short, the car went back to Gurudev Vellore and after 4 to 5 months there, came back with a brand new (according to the service guy) modified gearbox and clutch. I was finally at peace, enjoying my car and damn, it happened again!

I have had 3 Skoda’s in the past, multiple cars from different brands over the years, but never had such a thing happened. Now, I have come to believe that there is some major manufacturing defect and the only solution is that Skoda India replaces my car. But I don’t know how to approach the problem or whom to contact. The helpline and service are just in the mood to take the car, keep it and try to fix it. Even after changing all the components, how would things be any different?

I hope I get to escalate this to Skoda India and they they take responsibility and help me get my car replaced. I just want to reach out to them. Any advice on this would be a boon.

Last edited by Aditya : 12th November 2023 at 06:25. Reason: Typos, grammar, punctuation
Thegreyghost006 is offline   (9) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 12th November 2023, 14:31   #1878
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegreyghost006 View Post

The incident which I am about to share started during my first service. The advisor told me that the clutch pedal was getting stuck midway. After a week of the car being left at Gurudev Vellore, they replaced the clutch master cylinder, and it was good to go.

After a few months, it happened again when my friend was driving the car. The pedal got stuck, he also panicked for it was something very new to him and he didn't know how to react. I told him to pull it back using his foot. Long story short, the car went back to Gurudev Vellore and after 4 to 5 months there, came back with a brand new (according to the service guy) modified gearbox and clutch. I was finally at peace, enjoying my car and damn, it happened again!
Reach out to Skoda on X via @SkodaIndia & @SkodaIndia_PR and also to @PetrSolc_ (Brand Director -Skoda Auto India).

If this is happening for the third time, you have to ask the dealership to connect you to service head for the region also. Also do write an assetive and strong mail to document the whole ordeal.

Generally following up with them regularly via Social media should make them get your attention. Or else if anyone in the forum knows a senior guy with regards to customer experience or service at Skoda India, then they can connect you to the right executive.
AlokSharma is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th November 2023, 10:45   #1879
BHPian

500 kms update

The 1.5 TSI is a brilliant engine. Smooth, fast and yet efficient. When ever I'm the first one at the signal, there is always an inner itch to put the car in sports mode and I have had a good number of occasions in the past 10 days to do the same. The difference in normal vs sports mode is exactly like Clark Kent and Superman

The fuel efficiency behaves exactly the same. When you floor the car it drops to single digits effortlessly the way it reaches triple digit speeds. I had a 12-13 km stretch where I drove sedately at around 60-70 kmph. To my utter suprise, the mid showed a stunning 24.5 kmpl as the average fuel efficiency for that 12-13 km stretch. Overall I'm happy with the way the car handles, picks up speed and even breaks from a good speed. The car dynamics are pretty sorted and it should be a happy mile muncher.

The car also underwent a full body PPF at Detailing Dons in Navi Mumbai and I am pretty happy with their workmanship. 3m car care was considered for the 100 series with 7 year warranty, But the prices were on the higher side and I was not sure about their applicators. I chose Tint and Orange PPF 180 microns with 5 year warranty over Garware Premium. I spoke to couple of PPF applicators across Mumbai and was told that the common issue with Garware is yellowing and stretch marks appearing around an year from application. The guys at Detailing Dons also showed customer chats regarding the same and I decided to trust them with their suggestion of Tint and Orange over Garware. The car looks gorgeous post the PPF and I am at some level of peace of mind with regards to stone chippings and a decent level of security against bikes and rickshaw walls in the city limits. The car will again for a small inspection after 8-10 days to check for any sort of bubbles cropping up in the PPF.

Skoda Slavia Review-20231112_10420801.jpeg

A car cover from was also ordered from Neodrift. I opted for the Neotech one which comes with triple stitched seams and multi-layered soft fabric. It also has front and rear tags and all round elastic grips for a secured fit. I invested in a good cover as post PPF I am going to wash the car only once in a week or 10 days. Attaching a picture with the cover.

Skoda Slavia Review-20231112_195140.jpg

I am also in the middle of making a diy bed for my pet dog that would seal off the rear leg space with foam customized blocks to have a seamless flat space right from the ending of rear seats to the rear end of front seats. I will post pictures soon as I get it made.

Since the car is protected with PPF, I have started taking it work and it will be a 45-50 kms daily drive. I noticed a wierd issue with the car today on my way to work. The car suspension makes a loud thud noise going over road/bridge joints especially when there if there is a small angle between the two joints. It happened on 2-3 occasions and I am getting nervous about the same . I was driving at normal speeds at all occasions. Has anyone faced the same issue? It doesn't happen over normal surface or going over speed breakers. Should I take it to the service centre to show the same. I am more concerned as there is long 3000-4000 kms road trip planned after 10 days and I don't want any such issues to crop up in between such a long road trip.

Last edited by AlokSharma : 13th November 2023 at 11:12.
AlokSharma is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 14th November 2023, 12:13   #1880
BHPian

Odo crossed 15,000 KMs. Our usage has been 80% highway, 20% city. Taking her for first major service this Friday.

Sharing some pictures from the weekend trip to Pauri Garhwal. The amount of brake dust accumulated is just mind blowing! It was the least fuel efficient trip so far, got 11.8 kmpl, but no regrets at all.

She is a dust magnet!

Skoda Slavia Review-fullsizerender.jpeg

Skoda Slavia Review-img_8156.jpeg

Skoda Slavia Review-img_8357.jpeg

Skoda Slavia Review-img_8387.jpeg

Skoda Slavia Review-img_8391.jpeg

Last edited by sinharishi : 14th November 2023 at 12:15.
sinharishi is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 14th November 2023, 18:59   #1881

Hello
Thank you for yours response, unfortunately I’m not on twitter, I was able to escalate the issue but I’m still not satisfied because Skoda India’s technical team is just asserting it via telephone conversations, they are yet to send someone to the local dealer

As of now it’s evident that the issue is not caused by any faulty master cylinder, slave cylinder or air being in the system , investigation is on going and let’s see what conclusion they come up with , they have asked time .
The other factor which still confuses me is that according to the dealer no other slavia 1.5 mt has had this issue or no recall for any other slavia 1.5 in the country has been reported

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlokSharma View Post
Reach out to Skoda on X via @SkodaIndia & @SkodaIndia_PR and also to @PetrSolc_ (Brand Director -Skoda Auto India).

If this is happening for the third time, you have to ask the dealership to connect you to service head for the region also. Also do write an assetive and strong mail to document the whole ordeal.

Generally following up with them regularly via Social media should make them get your attention. Or else if anyone in the forum knows a senior guy with regards to customer experience or service at Skoda India, then they can connect you to the right executive.
Thegreyghost006 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2023, 19:55   #1882
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegreyghost006 View Post

As of now it’s evident that the issue is not caused by any faulty master cylinder, slave cylinder or air being in the system , investigation is on going and let’s see what conclusion they come up with , they have asked time .

The other factor which still confuses me is that according to the dealer no other slavia 1.5 mt has had this issue or no recall for any other slavia 1.5 in the country has been reported
I have read and seen couple of such issues online related to the clutch in the manual 1.5. So they have either not kept themselves updated or are just bluffing.

See the video below. Fast forward to 2 mins 30 seconds where the discuss the same issue of clutch sticking and not coming back up.

Guess this couple faced the issue later one more time in a 2nd video posted by them. Fast forward to 1 mins 30 seconds.

So continue the persistent follow up with them and create an account on social media forums like Twitter. Highlighting the same on social media will definitely create an impact.
AlokSharma is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th November 2023, 21:18   #1883

Quote:
500 kms update

I noticed a wierd issue with the car today on my way to work. The car suspension makes a loud thud noise going over road/bridge joints especially when there if there is a small angle between the two joints. It happened on 2-3 occasions and I am getting nervous about the same . I was driving at normal speeds at all occasions. Has anyone faced the same issue? It doesn't happen over normal surface or going over speed breakers.
The thud noise is what is bugging me too. I tried various scenarios where I tried this on potholes, speedbreakers ( the good ones and bad ones). I get this especially when one rear tire is on flat surface and the other is manoeuvring through a depression. I am also concerned if this is normal behaviour for the suspensions after one of my relative jumped the car on a steep speedbreaker at a speed of 40-50 Kmph without braking, just to get a feel. Otherwise the suspensions work like a charm if I drive slow and steady. But you can't be careful with speed all the time.
SpikeSpiegel26 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2023, 21:29   #1884
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikeSpiegel26 View Post
The thud noise is what is bugging me too. I tried various scenarios where I tried this on potholes, speedbreakers ( the good ones and bad ones). I get this especially when one rear tire is on flat surface and the other is manoeuvring through a depression. I am also concerned if this is normal behaviour for the suspensions after one of my relative jumped the car on a steep speedbreaker at a speed of 40-50 Kmph without braking, just to get a feel. Otherwise the suspensions work like a charm if I drive slow and steady. But you can't be careful with speed all the time.
I had faced this issue a couple of times whenever there was a sudden dip in the road. It was a violent thud. I faced the same issue on a few other German cars including a Mercedes S class with air suspension. Somehow lately the thud has become very soft and not like before. I had reported this issue to the ASC and they checked the gas struts as well as the mount and it was okay.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2023, 21:39   #1885
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
I had faced this issue a couple of times whenever there was a sudden dip in the road. It was a violent thud. I faced the same issue on a few other German cars including a Mercedes S class with air suspension. Somehow lately the thud has become very soft and not like before. I had reported this issue to the ASC and they checked the gas struts as well as the mount and it was okay.
Hi

Yes so the thuds were violent on the 2 occasions especially on bridge joints. One had a drop/dip and the other one a small angle upwards. The thud sound was such as if the underbody suspension or joints had hit the road. I was at normal city speeds and was not speeding. Otherwise the car glides over uneven surfaces and speed breakers at normal speeds.

I searched the thread for such issues and I found couple of members mentioning the same in the earlier posts.

Do you recommend me showing this to the ASC? I have a long trip planned in end Nov and I am getting wary about the same. I plan to visit them this weekend for purchasing an extra bottle of engine oil and coolant for any emergency.
AlokSharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2023, 13:51   #1886
BHPian

Quote:
Hi

Yes so the thuds were violent on the 2 occasions especially on bridge joints. One had a drop/dip and the other one a small angle upwards. The thud sound was such as if the underbody suspension or joints had hit the road. I was at normal city speeds and was not speeding. Otherwise the car glides over uneven surfaces and speed breakers at normal speeds.

I searched the thread for such issues and I found couple of members mentioning the same in the earlier posts.

Do you recommend me showing this to the ASC? I have a long trip planned in end Nov and I am getting wary about the same. I plan to visit them this weekend for purchasing an extra bottle of engine oil and coolant for any emergency.

I had faced such issues earlier but off late I am seeing that thud sound getting reduced. My wife too acknowledged the same during our recent travel.

However when we encountered some pot holes I did feel uncomfortable by the thud sound. Have plans to check with ASC.
M-Roc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2023, 16:49   #1887
BHPian

It has been a few months since I posted something here. It has been quite busy in the office plus I was dealing with an SMP activation issue that I wanted to write once it's over.

I had a poor experience with the TAFE Access dealer in Bangalore that could have turned into another horror story from Skoda. The Skoda Slavia was launched with a 10-inch infotainment system and a subwoofer in March 2022. However, due to a shortage of the 10-inch infotainment units, my vehicle was equipped with an 8-inch infotainment system instead, and the subwoofer was removed. Additionally, the ex-showroom price of the 1.5 TSI AT model increased by Rs 60,000, resulting in a higher on-road cost in Bangalore of approximately Rs 75,000. To compensate for these changes, Skoda India offered a complimentary Skoda Maintenance Package (SMP) for a duration of 4 years. This offer was communicated to me by the sales representative and confirmed through various in-person and phone conversations prior to the delivery of the vehicle.

During the delivery of the vehicle on June 23, 2022, I specifically requested the sales rep to provide me with documentary evidence of the SMP package. He assured me that the package would be updated in the backend system and that I could simply present my vehicle at any Skoda dealership in India for service, where they would be able to verify the package in the system and provide the complimentary service. He further stated that TAFE Access does not provide any documentary evidence nor is it required.

However, when I went to drop off my vehicle for its first complimentary service at the Raja Skoda service center in Mahadevapura (6th July), they informed me that the SMP package was not activated for my vehicle. They showed me the backend system, which clearly indicated that the SMP package was missing. They suggested that this issue might be a result of the SMP package not being activated by TAFE Access. I immediately contacted the sales representative, who informed me that he had left the dealership. Nevertheless, he assured me that he would resolve this issue and requested me to cancel the service appointment and retrieve my vehicle. After that, he stopped picking up my phone. I reached out to a Customer Relationship Executive at TAFE Access. He assured me of resolving the matter, but I didn’t receive any satisfactory response for 3-4 days. It was then that I raised the issue with Skoda Auto India. After about a week, TAFE Access agreed that it was a miss on their side, and I was miscommunicated by the sales representative that SMP would automatically get activated; it was supposed to be paid by the customer, which would be refunded by the dealer. They asked me to buy two 2-year SMP packages (the first one for the 1st and 2nd year and the second one for the 3rd and 4th year), and they would refund both amounts. I paid and got the SMP for the first 2 years activated. As my car was due for service for more than a month, I dropped my car for the now free service at Raja Skoda service center on 20th July.

One more surprise was waiting for me. The 2-year SMP package got activated for the 2nd and 3rd year free service; the first service was to be borne by me, contrary to the resolution provided. The car was already serviced, so they were not able to release the car without receiving the payment. I immediately called up the TAFE Access CRE, who talked to the service advisor from Raja Skoda. After the discussion, he informed me that he was not aware that the SMP package would not get activated for the 1st year and requested me pay for the first-year service, which I declined. This was supposed to be the resolution for the failure to activate the 4-year SMP from the dealer, and that resolution led to additional complications .

I escalated the matter to Skoda India via email, Twitter, and also reached out to the CRM Manager at TAFE Access. My car was lying in the service center. After about 4 days of escalations and various calls which I had to narrate the whole story again and again, my car was released by Raja Skoda without the payment (I am thankful to them) so that I wouldn’t get inconvenienced any more. Two more weeks passed, TAFE Access couldn’t provide me with a proper resolution, nor were they ready to pay for the first service. A month had passed since this whole ordeal started, so I reached out to a relative of my wife who works at VW Skoda to get things moving. The ASM for the south region got involved in this case. After a couple of days, TAFE Access offered to cover 50% of the first bill, which I politely refused as they had caused immense inconvenience to me by then. Finally, they agreed to cover the complete 1st service bill and refund the two 2-year SMP packages, and they assured me the refund would be completed in 15-20 working days. With that assurance, I bought the 4th & 5th year SMP packages and provided them with all the details required to start the refund (16th Aug 2023).
My ordeal didn’t end there. I received the refund after 2 months and 10 days on 26th October, and it required multiple follow-ups. The whole ordeal lasted nearly 4 months, caused immense mental agony, and I wasted a lot of time. I totally regret buying the car from TAFE Access St Marks Road showroom, which is far from my home, rather than buying from Raja Skoda, which is close Mistakes do happen but what differs a good service from bad one is how quickly and smoothly those are rectified and handled. Tafe Access failed miserably here. My advice is to refrain buying from them.

In this ordeal, Mr. Balaji from Raja Skoda service station has been very cooperative and even agreed to release the car without receiving payment for the first service. Even after weeks of delays, he never followed up with me for the payment, understanding the delays were from TAFE Access's side. I had a very good experience with them when I gave my car for accident repair earlier this year
amit1agrawal is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 16th November 2023, 10:44   #1888
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripleRider03 View Post
This issue is isolated to the 8 inch systems only, the 10 inch ones don't have it. From what I heard, an update should be coming out sometime this month for the 8 inch systems to resolve this issue.
A new software update with version 1800 has been released for the 8inch Bolero infotainment system on Slavia and Kushaq. This version finally fixes the issue with Android auto connection on S23 series of phones!
StripleRider03 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2023, 14:03   #1889
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron_head View Post
Now I am getting an on-road quote of 19.3 lacs and 19.6 lacs respectively for the 2023 and 2024 models. This for the 1.0 AT style variant. Is this a good price?
No harm in asking for more. Competition has gotten tough and now people have ample options from competitors. IMO, the 2024 model price sounds decent. The 2023 model could be discounted more as it's an outgoing one. By more, I mean 1 lakh rupee discount because no one will prefer it now.

Why not the 1.5 tsi engine? It's mouth wateringly powerful and refined compared to the 1.0 liter and gives the same mileage. There is a separate thread in tbhp where a lot of people have regretted buying the 1.0 liter engine.
true_sedan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2023, 10:43   #1890
BHPian

I completed 1000km on my Skoda Slavia and its a pleasure to drive.

Here are the mileage stats on my recent trip.

Skoda Slavia Review-img_20231112_083831442_hdr_ae.jpg

Also, I posted my recent travelogue with lot of car pics for viewing pleasure
The car is a looker, no matter the angle you look at it.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/trave...ackwaters.html (Travel Therapy - Camping at KRS Backwaters)
chaitanyakrish is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks