Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2023, 12:01   #1921
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda Slavia Review

Skoda Auto India has announced all-new, exclusive Elegance Edition of the Slavia, will be powered exclusively by the 1.5 TSI.

Skoda Slavia Review-20231127_120023.jpg

Skoda Slavia Review-smartselect_20231127115949_x.jpg
Venkatesh is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th November 2023, 20:05   #1922
BHPian

I wish Slavia was available in black from the initial days! I would have picked it over white! I’ll also look forward to the scuff plates, they will be a good addition to my car.
Old 29th November 2023, 00:15   #1923
BHPian

Just booked a Lava Blue MY24 Style AT (1.0) for 18.05L on road (UP). Delivery in 2 days. Vehicle in transit and will be delivered to showroom tomorrow.

Quick questions:

1) Is the price decent? Can't do anything about it now. Paid in full today. Just curious.

2) What should I be aware of/dealer scams considering I am getting this in just 3 days of booking?

3) Have asked dealer to NOT register in my name till I do PDI tomorrow. Planning to check VIN/dispatch/invoice details from Skoda.

Thanks.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 30th November 2023 at 09:50. Reason: Formatting and punctuation.
Old 29th November 2023, 01:13   #1924

Greetings! Does anybody have a solution for an engine/underbody guard for the Slavia? It is currently missing one. I remember getting one for my VW Polo, with a ventos chassis number and it made a huge difference, especially for aerodynamics and protection. For goodness' sake, the Swift now comes with more underbody protection than a 1.5 Slavia.
Old 30th November 2023, 09:05   #1925
BHPian

My Slavia is 1 year old now with 1st service done and 10k on the odo. I changed tyres on the day of delivery and have been doing tyre rotation + balancing at my trusted Tyre guy Manu Pitstop, Koramangala at every 5k kms.

I have not done wheel alignment so far, but debating if I should get it done at service center only or if I can trust 3rd party for it (I believe there is some car specific data that needs to be loaded in the computer for calibration). Thoughts or suggestions please ?
Old 30th November 2023, 10:54   #1926
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game_of_Roads View Post

I have not done wheel alignment so far, but debating if I should get it done at service center only or if I can trust 3rd party for it (I believe there is some car specific data that needs to be loaded in the computer for calibration). Thoughts or suggestions please ?
I always get the wheel alignment and balancing only from Madhus, though it's far for me but I wouldn't trust anyone else. Been going to them for close to a decade.
Gotham is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2023, 14:04   #1927

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
15,000 KMs Service Update:

• Final bill came to INR 1,589.00. They fixed the off centre steering wheel. Oil and air filter was changed. Airbag Module software was updated.
Could you please share the details of the steering issue with your Slavia and how it was resolved? I had a bad experience at the Skoda service center during my first service, and unfortunately, the steering problem wasn't addressed. Thanks in advance : )
Old 1st December 2023, 17:44   #1928

Quote:
Originally Posted by akg7091 View Post
3) Have asked dealer to NOT register in my name till I do PDI tomorrow. Planning to check VIN/dispatch/invoice details from Skoda.
Was there a reason why the full payment was made before the PDI?
prash1892 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2023, 18:18   #1929

[*]An estimated bill was provided to me amounting to INR 1,239.00 which included WA WB and 1.5 TSI Badge. I have taken SMP so everything was covered under it apart from extras.

Hi, can you please let me know what WA and WB means here ?
Old 1st December 2023, 19:00   #1930

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippieMonk View Post
[*]An estimated bill was provided to me amounting to INR 1,239.00 which included WA WB and 1.5 TSI Badge. I have taken SMP so everything was covered under it apart from extras.

Hi, can you please let me know what WA and WB means here ?
I think it is Wheel Alignment and Wheel Balancing.
Old 3rd December 2023, 15:41   #1931
BHPian

1500 kms update (Exactly a month today post taking the delivery)

So even after carefully switching off the idle start-stop, the anti theft alarm used to go off at random times. The most embarassing ones were at 12.30 am in the night and one was at a hospital parking.

Booked a mid week appointment with Dr Auto Skoda service centre one fine day early morning and reached the service centre at 4-4.15 pm. They mentioned that they had a similar complaint in a one month old Slavia too and the problem was attributed to the Skoda Connect Jio Dongle. Skoda technical team has been informed and they will release a software patch in a month's time. I was asked to drop the car there that day as it was already 4.30 pm. I was informed that they will run software diagnostics the next day and will upload the updates if any. There were mixed feelings about dropping a 25 day old car there at the service centre, but was relieved that tonight I won't be waking up with some random alarm at midnight.

Next day in the 2nd half, I got a call from the service advisor informing that the culprit was indeed the dongle and for the time being they have removed it and kept it in the glove box, till they receive an update about it from the Skoda technical team. It would probably take a month and I will be called in January tentatively to upload the updated and fix the dongle. Picked up the car the same day in the evening.

It's been the 3rd day today and thankfully there has not been a single incident of the anti theft alarm going off at any random time.

Apart from the above issue, the car performs flawlessly . No issues related to rattling till now (hope it remains this way). I have started using the AC with both frontal flow and footwell flow mode. This way the cabin cools much better as compared to the standard mode. I am not unhappy with the ac performance that I have experienced in the last 1 month.

The lava blue colour is a head turner for sure. I find a lot of random people on the street admiring it. The car dashcam caught a guy stopping and clicking pictures of the car . Posting the video below

I washed the car myself today morning using the welcome kit shampoo in a sprayer and washmitt. Feel did a decent job.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Slavia Review-20231203_10225601.jpeg  

Last edited by AlokSharma : 3rd December 2023 at 16:09.
AlokSharma is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2023, 16:29   #1932
BHPian

Just wanted to confirm, is there no 1 month / 1000km interval "service" / inspection. All of the vehicles I have owned till now have had an inspection due 1 month post purchase but the Skoda sales advisor told me the 1st service is due in 12 months / 15k km.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prash1892 View Post
Was there a reason why the full payment was made before the PDI?
I bought the car in a single day. Monday was an off for me so decided to go "car shopping" ( Civic hybrid is now 15 yrs old and not road legal in Delhi ) because wife and kids were not home and I was bored.
Price comparison done over the phone and zedex skoda offered a decent price for "carbon steel".
Went to the showroom ~7pm and asked the sales advisor for finance options and to match the price for lava blue to which he flat out refused, asking a premium. As I was about to leave he asked me if I can pay in full and take delivery in 48 hours to which I agreed, thus the full payment. Thankfully VIN is Nov 2023 manufactured and I got a pretty decent deal with super quick delivery ( Booked on Monday, car ready for delivery Wednesday and I took delivery on Thursday ).

The downside of this quick delivery is I missed out on a cheap loan. I can easily make 20% a year on my money so any "car / home" loan is a good deal for me rather than using my own working capital to pay for such assets, but ce la vie ! Can't do much now that it's paid for in full because "refinance" is never as cheap as a primary loan.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 3rd December 2023 at 22:05. Reason: Merged consecutive posts.
Old 4th December 2023, 21:03   #1933
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwick07 View Post
Could you please share the details of the steering issue with your Slavia and how it was resolved?
I just got WA and WB done at the SC.

Post service went on a 1,300 KMs trip to Himachal

There is a hint of vibration at 105 kmph, it goes away when the speed touches 110 kmph. I am going to Agra tomorrow, if I observe it one more time will take the car to a reputed wheel alignment center.

Road to tirthan valley was in shambles, had to navigate slavia very carefully to reach our homestay in Gushaini.

We also did a day's drive to Sissu from Tirthan.

Some pictures from the trip:

Skoda Slavia Review-img_8525.jpeg

Skoda Slavia Review-img_8608.jpeg

Skoda Slavia Review-img_8657.jpeg

Skoda Slavia Review-img_8693.jpeg

Skoda Slavia Review-img_8692.jpeg

Skoda Slavia Review-img_8689.jpeg

Skoda Slavia Review-img_8774.jpeg
sinharishi is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 9th December 2023, 20:13   #1934
BHPian

Hello All,

Today my vehicle showed a warning sign with a message ‘please check the oil levels’.

Immediately I parked my vehicle aside and checked the oils levels and it is almost drained.

Called the RSA and waiting for the towing service.

I would like to check if any one faced a similar issue?

FYI - my car is 2.5 months old and ran about 5k kilometers.

I checked the underbody and couldn’t see any damage. I suspect it to be an internal issue.

Can any one provide inputs on what I would need to be keen while talking with the service people?

Thanks in advance
Old 10th December 2023, 04:26   #1935

Going for 1st service of my slavia 1.0 ambition AT.
Took appointment with Akoya Pune as my experience with Garve has not been good so far.

Issues to be addressed :
- rattling all over the cabin
- brakes vibrate very hard if partially pressed over a small pothole
- did not see warning of tyre pressure being low once.
- handbrake press button is loose and makes lot of noise.

Should I be hopeful on these getting sorted or I have to live with it.

Any other suggestion for 1st service Is appreciated.
chiragjain00000 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks