Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2023, 13:12   #1696
BHPian

Re: Skoda Slavia Review

A friend is considering buying a used Slavia/Virtus or Kushaq/Taigun 1.0 automatic. But a lot of people seem to be quickly selling these cars in second hard market. Spinny itself has 3 cars with less than 5k milage on them.
Is there any particular reason people seem to be selling them quickly?
Would love hear from owners in this group. Any red flags my friend should consider before buying these models?
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Slavia Review-spinny.png  

speedracer05 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2023, 13:53   #1697
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelTheStars1 View Post
Guys,

Just booked my Slavia 1.5 DSG Ambition 2 days ago here in Coimbatore and am very excited for the car.
Congratulations!

Did you get your car delivered? I too bought the same car recently, booked in August and took delivery in the first week of September.

Just OT I got the gold coin cash discount as 35k instead of the 25k you have mentioned. And yes since I exchanged my previous car with Skoda I got the 60k too. Additionally I don’t know if your sales guy mentioned to you but if you have some immediate relative (sibling, parent, spouse) that owns a Skoda, you can get an additional 25k off. At least that was what my SA told me.

Congratulations and happy motoring !!

P.S. Do get the Skoda electronic horn installed, it is way better than the OE horn and also suits the demeanour of the car.
Shanksta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2023, 19:45   #1698
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksta View Post
Congratulations!

Did you get your car delivered? I too bought the same car recently, booked in August and took delivery in the first week of September.

Congratulations and happy motoring !!
Thank you for the wishes, Yes I got my car delivered today. I will post some pics later today.

I have a quick question. I swapped the stock MRF tyres with Conti UC6. After changing the tyres and after travelling 5kms I got the below warning

"Pressure loss left rear tyre"

But when I checked the tyre manually I didn't see any deflation or reduce in pressure compared to the other tyres. I had a quick look into the manual and was little bit confused.

I would like to understand

1. If this warning is coming as I have removed the tyres and fitted it --> Hence I should set it back

OR

2. There is actual loss of tyre pressure --> which I would need to check?

Can someone help with your inputs. Thanks
Old 21st September 2023, 20:59   #1699
BHPian

Whenever there is any change in tyre pressure be it refilling of air or any other change, you need to reset it in settings for tyres , otherwise the warning sign continue to display.

Congratulations and wishing you miles of happy motoring in your new car.
Sandeep500 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2023, 22:13   #1700
BHPian

Hello All,

I'm happy to share that I have got the delivery of my car today.

I would like to thank the fellow Team-BHP members for their valuable inputs which have been instrumental in my decision of purchasing my second car.

Skoda Slavia Review-img0591.jpg

M-Roc
M-Roc is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 21st September 2023, 23:17   #1701
BHPian

Just got back from first cross country run in the Slavia, covering over 3500 KMs in last 2 weeks. Car also completed 10K kms, at the end of the trip the odometer is at 10,900 KMs.

The good: Ride, stability at high speed, effortless cruiser. Loved how comfortable sedans are.

The bad: Speed sensing wipers (?), when you need it the most it will automatically adjust swipe speed to slow. When you don't need it, it will increase the speed. Had a frustrating time! Stock headlamps - absolute pathetic in rains. This is the first thing I am going to do now, upgrade the fog lights.

The overall FE I got as per MID is 13.6 KMPL, this includes driving 10 days within Pune and Mumbai where I never saw double digit FE figures.

Entering functional part of DME from NH23

Skoda Slavia Review-img_6819.jpeg

Skoda Slavia Review-img_6820.jpeg

Sugar and Spice, Valsad

Skoda Slavia Review-img_6786.jpeg

Quick coffee break @ Bharuch

Skoda Slavia Review-img_6796.jpeg

Best Misal on the trip @ Talegaon

Skoda Slavia Review-img_6521.jpeg

After a quick wash after reaching Pune

Skoda Slavia Review-img_6417.jpeg

Last edited by sinharishi : 21st September 2023 at 23:41.
sinharishi is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2023, 12:03   #1702

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityskody View Post
I ran into an issue on my week old Slavia today. I casually went down this morning only to find out the anti theft alarm was activated and the car lights were blinking and the system was making loud sounds. I immediately unlocked and locked the car and it was all fine. Spent an hour trying to figure out what the problem was and I do not think anyone tried to open the car doors. Has this happened with anyone else?
Even I had similar experience last week and I think it happens when you lock the car without turning off the ignition. I didn't get time to try and replicate the scenario yet but my guess is, I had the Start/Stop engaged and I got off the car and locked it once I reached home. It started sounding alarm around 2-3 minutes later and when I went back to check 'engine running' was displayed on the MID as soon as I opened the door.

So I convinced myself that could probably be the issue.
Old 22nd September 2023, 13:46   #1703
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Roc View Post
I have a quick question. I swapped the stock MRF tyres with Conti UC6. After changing the tyres and after travelling 5kms I got the below warning

"Pressure loss left rear tyre"
I had the exact same alert after changing my stock Ceat tyres to Conti UC6. I was shocked and immediately drove back to the tyre shop. Pressure in all tyres was fine. That's when I called my sales advisor who informed that the tyre pressure values need to be 'Set' inside the vehicle settings menu every time the air is refilled or tyres are refitted.
Vibhav-Van is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2023, 13:54   #1704
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibhav-Van View Post
That's when I called my sales advisor who informed that the tyre pressure values need to be 'Set' inside the vehicle settings menu every time the air is refilled or tyres are refitted.
Hi Vibhav-Van,

Thank you for the update.

Yeah, I got to know the same yesterday from another member of T-BHP forum. Until then I was little upset

Thanks,
M-Roc
Old 22nd September 2023, 15:38   #1705
BHPian

Hi,

I have a quick question, Is it possible to change the colour theme of the virtual cockpit in Slavia ?

Thanks in advance.
Old 22nd September 2023, 15:49   #1706
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

I have a quick question, Is it possible to change the colour theme of the virtual cockpit in Slavia ?

Thanks in advance.
Hi M-Roc,

No I think it is possible only through coding. At least have never seen this done in even the 30-40minute long reviews I saw of the car before buying.

Also remember seeing on Dr.CodemyVW’s insta page that they were able to enable red theme like the Kushaq Monte Carlo version.
Shanksta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2023, 02:21   #1707
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedracer05 View Post
A friend is considering buying a used Slavia/Virtus or Kushaq/Taigun 1.0 automatic. But a lot of people seem to be quickly selling these cars in second hard market. Spinny itself has 3 cars with less than 5k milage on them.
Would love hear from owners in this group. Any red flags my friend should consider before buying these models?
Maybe these are TD cars? After all Spinny gives the best price so if a Showroom wants to dispose off their TD cars, they might look at selling it on Spinny.

I see a couple of new Hyundai Verna's on sale too (In bangalore and only run 8k) and their sales are much lesser than VW+Skoda.
Zippy_wheels is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2023, 12:05   #1708
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedracer05 View Post
I'm in the same dillema. I'm Looking for a 1.5 DSG Slavia, and there are plenty of low milers and well maintained ones on for sale already. I can't fathom why, except that the owners are either fed up or too rich.

Last edited by Sheel : 23rd September 2023 at 18:55. Reason: Typo.
Old 23rd September 2023, 15:55   #1709

Quote:
Hi,

Thanks in advance.
Hi M-Roc, yes it’s possible. I’ve coded my car and given some cosmetic upgrades via software. Changing the color was one of the options - I personally chose not to as I liked the stock Slavia orange and it matched with the interior as well IMO, but I’ve seen others do it and it sure looks cool.
jc.on.wheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2023, 17:33   #1710
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemedico View Post
I'm in the same dillema. I'm Looking for a 1.5 DSG Slavia, and there are plenty of low milers and we'll maintained ones on for sale already. I can't fathom why, except that the owners are either fed up or too rich.
Maybe because of pathetic FE, Average AC. Those who are looking for high usage must be prepared to shell out quite a lot of money on fuel. So these cars you would see would have raked up kms in a short amount of time and the fuel bills would have got them concerned maybe.

Last edited by Sheel : 23rd September 2023 at 18:54. Reason: Typo.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks