Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2023, 12:40   #1606
BHPian

Re: Skoda Slavia Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Claw View Post
Yes, right, the Kushaq doesn't get the Lava Blue paint scheme, appologies for not framing the question right.
Kushaq did get the Lava Blue edition as well. Not sure if they are still selling it but it was definitely available.

https://www.team-bhp.com/news/skoda-...d-rs-1799-lakh
Old 6th September 2023, 12:54   #1607
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Claw View Post
Hello Everyone,

I have almost finalized on the Skoda Kushaq, the only dilemma I am facing is weather to go for the 1.0 Ambition AT or 1.5 Ambition MT, both of them have been similarly priced. I love the convenience of the AT but am not sure if I'd miss out on the juicy 1.5 fun.

Thanks!
When it comes to engine 1.5 is the one to go for , it behaves like a good boy in city & turns into a Bad boy on highway that will leave a grin plastered on your face. 1.0 is not a bad option by any means but 1.5 is one to go if you engine driving pleasure
Gotham is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2023, 12:55   #1608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvssudheer View Post
It's actually the other way around in terms of decision power. Skoda won't have much of a say in what VW does.
Actually, Skoda owns VW in India not not the other way round. Although it's one and the same thing. But a couple of guys I spoke to in the automotive circle suggested I stick to Skoda and not VW as along with the VW finance, they were also planning to wind up VW in India in 2019 (maybe rumours). At any moment, they may take a call to have just one brand in the country.

Moreover, Skoda as a brand is perceived to be more premium as compared to VW in the marketing circles.

Last edited by GTO : 6th September 2023 at 18:55. Reason: Typos, punctuation, grammar
Old 6th September 2023, 13:18   #1609
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlokSharma View Post

Moreover, the Skoda as a brand is perceived to be more of premium as compared to VW in the marketing circles.
Probably few in India perceive that way but globally and particularly in Europe Skoda is the seen as the more budget friendly option compared to VW. Skoda in fact had a terrible brand image in the UK with people joking about it until early 2000s and had to reinvent themselves in a big way with the launch of Fabia and innovative campaigns around it
nvssudheer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2023, 13:42   #1610
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlokSharma View Post
But couple of guys I spoke to in the automotive circle suggested me to stick to Skoda and not VW as along with the VW finance, they were also planning to wind up VW in India in 2019 (may be rumours). At any moment, they may take a call to have just one brand in the country.
Did you mean 2029 (and not 2019)?

It seems very unlikely that Skoda will wind up its parent company VW in India since India is also moving towards electrification of the automobiles at a decent pace. VW has compact models that coukd prove useful for them in India. Having both Skoda as well as VW allows them to have two designs and products in the same segment, created from a single base product.
PaddleShifter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2023, 13:44   #1611
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksta View Post
Thank you for the responses.

Also have another query I was checking the engine bay today and the coolant level in reservoir is exactly at the MIN mark. Is this normal or should I ask the Skoda guys to top it off.

I drove the car about 25kms yesterday after taking delivery. It was 2 trips of 12/13kms each. The oil temperature in the display was at 100 degrees and the engine temperature needle was at 90 exactly. Is this normal or should I be worried ?
Its normal. The Coolant stays exactly or slightly below the min mark which they will top up if needed. But since its an expansion tank and not a coolant reservoir, the level changes based on various factors like engine temperature and so. The oil temperature can vary between 95-110 degrees based on how hard you are driving and average engine RPM and the coolant temp stays at 90 constantly.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2023, 13:45   #1612

Can someone please help me with confirmed info on how many AC software updates has
Skoda released till date for the Slavia?

I am of the opinion that two updates were released, but the Skoda ASC maintains only one "AC performance update" has been released for the Slavia bearing the code - "ID-24" (this I have personally seen in their ERP system, release dated 12th January 2023).

Thanks in advance!
Old 6th September 2023, 13:47   #1613
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post
Did you mean 2029 (and not 2019)?

It seems very unlikely that Skoda will wind up its parent company VW in India since India is also moving towards electrification of the automobiles at a decent pace. Having both Skoda as well as VW allows them to have two designs and products in the same segment, created from a single base product.
In 2021 not 2019 (I checked), they had sold the Volkswagen finance unit to Kotak. I was referring to this period where there were rumours that they would wind up the VW car operations too.

But guess they now have it under Skoda Auto Volkswagen India Limited.
AlokSharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2023, 15:38   #1614

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game_of_Roads View Post
Your account settings don't seem to allow contact via email. If you could change that I can contact you.
Hi,

I have changed the settings now. You may try again.

Regards
Ankit Chugh
Old 8th September 2023, 04:23   #1615
BHPian

Does anyone else feel like that sporty engine sound when you put your foot down is slightly artificial? As if they're playing it via the speakers artificially?

The sound even continues when you take your foot off the accelerator and slowly simmers down. Almost like it isn't connected to my accelerator inputs. The tempo seems pretty artificial too.

What's even more weird is that at normal RPM's the engine has literally no sound whatsoever. Almost feels like you're driving an electric car.
rahul_jo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2023, 08:17   #1616

Took delivery of my 1.0 AT Lava Blue Slavia on Wednesday. Got delayed a bit due to some audit happening at the showroom. Got the pooja done yesterday and went to Tyre Professionals and got the stock Alnac 4G tires swapped to Conti UC6. The car is now with Esperto for ceramic coating. Overall, very happy with the colour though performance wise I don't see any difference between my current Honda City, except for the automatic gearbox.
cityskody is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2023, 10:10   #1617
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_jo View Post
Does anyone else feel like that sporty engine sound when you put your foot down is slightly artificial? As if they're playing it via the speakers artificially?

The sound even continues when you take your foot off the accelerator and slowly simmers down. Almost like it isn't connected to my accelerator inputs. The tempo seems pretty artificial too.

What's even more weird is that at normal RPM's the engine has literally no sound whatsoever. Almost feels like you're driving an electric car.

Sorry but how is this possible?
If this were to happen your music would get mixed up with engine sounds. What about when the volume was turned down? You can simply lift the hood and listen to the engine sound, while someone else pumps the accelerator to get rid of this paranoia (dont touch or get too close to the engine) .
Old 8th September 2023, 11:17   #1618

Hey guys,
Am in the market for a Slavia 1.0 AT (either Ambition or Style). Dealership is offering a 'best' possible cash discount of 90k for both Ambition and Style. Is that a good deal? Am looking to buy on company lease so insurance doesn't matter. Just asking since I read about discounts up to 1.5 lacs being offered.
Old 8th September 2023, 11:22   #1619
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_jo View Post

I had seen a video about a device called 'Wrumer' on YouTube which can be connected to the Car through the OBD. It produces various engine notes like an Italian V12, German V10 etc through the car speakers

This is something new if Skoda has done something similar . As said in the post above, you can surely check it by asking someone to engage the accelerator from inside the car while you are near the engine hood.
AlokSharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2023, 11:26   #1620
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityskody View Post
Took delivery of my 1.0 AT Lava Blue Slavia on Wednesday.
Can you please share the OTR of 1.0 LB edition. Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks