Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2023, 18:32   #1591

Re: Skoda Slavia Review

I am taking delivery of my Slavia on Wednesday. I was told the Lava Blue Edition kit will take about a month to arrive. I do not want to leave my car at the dealer for a month and so am taking delivery. Will get them fitted once they arrive.
cityskody is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2023, 20:10   #1592

Skoda Auto India launches Kushaq Onyx Plus, Slavia Ambition Plus editions

From the article
Quote:
Based on the second-from-base Ambition trim, the Slavia Ambition Plus gets additional chrome garnishes on the front grille, lower portion of the doors, and on the boot lid. The Slavia Ambition Plus additionally also gets an in-built dashcam, which means Skoda is now the only second mass-market carmaker, Hyundai being the first, to offer this feature. It’s also available in all existing colour options. Like the Kushaq Onyx Plus, the Slavia Ambition Plus is also only available with the 115hp, 1.0-litre TSI engine, but gets both manual and automatic gearbox options.
Source: AutoCar India
Old 5th September 2023, 00:13   #1593

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game_of_Roads View Post
I have an spare Motorola MA-1 Android Auto wired -to-wireless adapter bought from the US a few months back that I want to sell as it is an extra and not being used. It's been sparingly used, just to test out functionality on the Slavia 8 inch system.
Pls DM me if someone in interested.
Hi,

Hope you are well!
I have been trying to get my hands on it. How could I reach you?
Old 5th September 2023, 10:39   #1594
BHPian

Hi All ,

Need some advice , My Slavia came with a 10inch screen along with Amp & subwoofer. The audio setup is not to my liking but as I wanted the 10inch screen I didn't break my head so much while taking the delivery. It's been a 3 months now and despite all tweaking to the setting I'm not too happy with the Audio. The key issue in my case is Apple Loseless Music and I don't have an option to switch to Spotify as I use Apple Music in my other car and other Apple Devices. When I play the same tracks on Spotify it sounds dull but on Apple Music the same tracks sound much better they start crackling the minute I increase the volume above 40%

While selling my S-cross I had retained my Image Dynamics speakers that served me well , I got them installed in Slavia. While the overall sound stage has certainly improved but the Skoda Amp is the bottle neck.

I'm now wondering if it's possible to replace the amp with something more powerful , I'm not too worried about losing the warranty on the music system. I've a tried tested AMP and don't mind investing a decent amount to add another pair of speakers for the rear doors.

So far I've seen anyone here who has upgraded their Audio in Slavia which came with Skoda AMP.
Old 5th September 2023, 10:53   #1595
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotham View Post
It's been a 3 months now and despite all tweaking to the setting I'm not too happy with the Audio. The key issue in my case is Apple Loseless Music and I don't have an option to switch to Spotify as I use Apple Music in my other car and other Apple Devices. When I play the same tracks on Spotify it sounds dull but on Apple Music the same tracks sound much better they start crackling the minute I increase the volume above 40%
I face this crackling issue when playing apple lossless over wireless carplay. Over wired car play, there is no such issue. Second if you havent already, change the amp coding to Dynaudio if you have VCDS or any other device with you. That should make a difference.

The amp is a pretty standard one manufactured by Panasonic and is found in most VW cars of similar segment globally. If you have to bypass it then the source for the amp should be directly tapped out and connected to an aftermarket amp, with the stock amp coded out to prevent DTCs.
Old 5th September 2023, 11:08   #1596
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
I face this crackling issue when playing apple lossless over wireless carplay. Over wired car play, there is no such issue. Second if you havent already, change the amp coding to Dynaudio if you have VCDS or any other device with you. That should make a difference.

If you have to bypass it then the source for the amp should be directly tapped out and connected to an aftermarket amp, with the stock amp coded out to prevent DTCs.
I'm using CarPlay only through Wire but the issue is the same. Through OBD11 I changed it to Dynaudio but again it didn't do much for me.

DTC's coding is something I'm worried about as change of my speakers has started throwing error codes while scanning but speakers are working fine.
Old 6th September 2023, 00:18   #1597
BHPian

Hi fellow Slavia owners,

I took delivery of my Slavia 1.5 TSI DSG yesterday and when I asked my sales executive regarding the first service (which is usually at 1500/2000kms for cars from other brands and all my previous cars), he mentioned that there is no such thing for Slavia and that the first service would only be at 15000kms/1year from now depending on which is earlier.

I do know that VAG cars have 15000kms intervals but surprised there is no first service/checkup that usually happens for other cars.

Is this true ? Can someone kindly clarify ?

Last edited by Shanksta : 6th September 2023 at 00:19.
Old 6th September 2023, 01:14   #1598
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksta View Post
Hi fellow Slavia owners,

I took delivery of my Slavia 1.5 TSI DSG yesterday and when I asked my sales executive regarding the first service (which is usually at 1500/2000kms for cars from other brands and all my previous cars), he mentioned that there is no such thing for Slavia and that the first service would only be at 15000kms/1year from now depending on which is earlier.

I do know that VAG cars have 15000kms intervals but surprised there is no first service/checkup that usually happens for other cars.

That's true, no 1 month or 6 months inspection for škoda cars, only 1 year/ 15k kilometers service is there. You can also check your user manual, it has complete service information including the interval.
yesyeswe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2023, 09:34   #1599
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksta View Post

VAG started following this a few years ago just to portray their low maintenance image by having 'three inspections free' or something similar to this. But in reality, there is nothing much done in any car sold today in the first year except if you have any issue to report. The first oil change always happens after a year be it a German brand or a Japanese brand.

Hence, it is true that Skoda does not have these one month or six month intervals. First service happens at one year or 15k kms.

What I would recommend is at the 7k mark get the oil levels checked and topped up. It might need a top up if you have a habit of pushing the car hard during this time. Other than that there is not much to do on a routine basis, but only if you have any issues to report.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2023, 09:58   #1600
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
That's true, no 1 month or 6 months inspection for škoda cars, only 1 year/ 15k kilometers service is there. You can also check your user manual, it has complete service information including the interval.
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
What I would recommend is at the 7k mark get the oil levels checked and topped up. It might need a top up if you have a habit of pushing the car hard during this time. Other than that there is not much to do on a routine basis, but only if you have any issues to report.
Thank you for the responses.

Also have another query I was checking the engine bay today and the coolant level in reservoir is exactly at the MIN mark. Is this normal or should I ask the Skoda guys to top it off.

I drove the car about 25kms yesterday after taking delivery. It was 2 trips of 12/13kms each. The oil temperature in the display was at 100 degrees and the engine temperature needle was at 90 exactly. Is this normal or should I be worried ?
Old 6th September 2023, 10:44   #1601
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnkitTrippingOn View Post
Hi,

Hope you are well!
I have been trying to get my hands on it. How could I reach you?
Your account settings don't seem to allow contact via email. If you could change that I can contact you.
Old 6th September 2023, 11:04   #1602

Hello Everyone,

I have almost finalized on the Skoda Kushaq, the only dilemma I am facing is weather to go for the 1.0 Ambition AT or 1.5 Ambition MT, both of them have been similarly priced. I love the convenience of the AT but am not sure if I'd miss out on the juicy 1.5 fun.

My driving would mostly be weekend city rides and occasional highway runs. would be great if you guys can help me with the pro and cons.

Also the dealer has informed me that, Lava Blue edition is exclusive to the Style variants and not available on the Ambition trims. Can you please confirm?

Thanks!
Old 6th September 2023, 12:14   #1603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Claw View Post
Hello Everyone,

I have almost finalized on the Skoda Kushaq, the only dilemma I am facing is weather to go for the 1.0 Ambition AT or 1.5 Ambition MT, both of them have been similarly priced. I love the convenience of the AT but am not sure if I'd miss out on the juicy 1.5 fun.

My driving would mostly be weekend city rides and occasional highway runs. would be great if you guys can help me with the pro and cons.

Also the dealer has informed me that, Lava Blue edition is exclusive to the Style variants and not available on the Ambition trims. Can you please confirm?

Thanks!
I don't have any idea if the Kushaq also gets the lava blue edition. I thought it was restricted to only Slavia before Skoda decided to give it to the VW twins also.

The 1.5 manual definitely negates any apprehensions one may have about the DSG and is the safest choice for the 1.5 trim. However the 1 litre is also not too bad. 1.5 TSI will make you grin everytime you floor it and the manual will make it more fun. If you drive more in bumper to bumper traffic, the 1 litre AT makes sense. However, if you can manage the inconvenience of the manual, I am sure the 1.5 TSI will never make you regret your decision.

All the best
Old 6th September 2023, 12:32   #1604

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlokSharma View Post
I don't have any idea if the Kushaq also gets the lava blue edition. I thought it was restricted to only Slavia before Skoda decided to give it to the VW twins also.

The 1.5 manual definitely negates any apprehensions one may have about the DSG and is the safest choice for the 1.5 trim. However the 1 litre is also not too bad. 1.5 TSI will make you grin everytime you floor it and the manual will make it more fun. If you drive more in bumper to bumper traffic, the 1 litre AT makes sense. However, if you can manage the inconvenience of the manual, I am sure the 1.5 TSI will never make you regret your decision.

All the best
Yes, right, the Kushaq doesn't get the Lava Blue paint scheme, appologies for not framing the question right.

The information I received was that the lava blue paint scheme for the Slavia is not available on the ambition trim. While the same is not true in VW, it is available on all the trims. Although Skoda is offering very attractive discounts, which is why I am swaying towards them.

Thank you for the advice , I am not really sure what my use case would be since I am getting this car after a long gap ( 5 years ). I had one in college a used Santro Zip drive. That was a fun car. I shall lean more towards the AT since I have spoilt by the relaxed drive feel in my friends C220d and Nexon EV.
Captain Claw is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2023, 12:39   #1605
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlokSharma View Post
It's actually the other way around in terms of decision power. Skoda won't have much of a say in what VW does.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks