Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2023, 22:53   #1681
BHPian

Re: Skoda Slavia Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Roc View Post
Hi,

Good Day!

Anyone got the Blaupunkt Dashcam which comes as part of Skoda accessories? If so can you please comment on its quality.

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppy View Post
I had enquired regarding the same. They had mentioned that it works through the 12v socket. Not sure on the quality though. I'm looking for a dash cam myself.

At this budget of 10k which they charge, WiFi+GPS is a desirable trait which this DVR doesn't have. I guess there are better alternatives compared to this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcsastudent View Post
Pls let me know too, since I'm looking for about 6 dashcams for my cars, yet to finalise on one.
Quote:
There are some really good dashcam available in the after market but the only concern is that if it will void the warranty. Ant idea about it?
The Blaupunkt Dashcam is pretty average. There are good 70MAI, DDPAI and Viofo dashcams available. Do look at the 4k ones among them for better licence plate readability.

Connecting any dashcams via the 12V socket will not ideally void any warranty. It will be like connecting any device to the 12 V socket.
AlokSharma is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th September 2023, 23:26   #1682
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashivas89 View Post
Hey MotorDev, could you perhaps add some pictures of its integration? Thanks
Hello, the images might not offer perfect clarity, but they should give you an idea of how the dashcam is integrated:

Skoda Slavia Review-screenshot-20230919-232311.png

Name:  Screenshot 20230919 232339.png
Views: 639
Size:  166.4 KB

Last edited by MotorDev : 19th September 2023 at 23:27.
MotorDev is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2023, 23:44   #1683
BHPian

Quote:
There are some really good dashcam available in the after market but the only concern is that if it will void the warranty. Ant idea about it?
With the 12v socket, it is pretty much a plug and play at that point and shouldn't tamper with the car's warranty.

From some basic research I did, these are things I understood so far

1. Capacitor based batteries are more suited for our hot climate. Lithium Ion batteries are a no-no. Potential fire hazard from what I've heard.

2. WiFi for that convinience of accessing the DVR through our smartphone.

Still wrapping my head around on what to buy. There are plenty of options. My budget is 10k. I could extend if it is justifiable. Let me know once you have made a decision.

Meanwhile, I could use some insights from other Slavia owners on the dashcam being used.
Guppy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2023, 01:37   #1684
BHPian

Quote:
Let me know once you have made a decision.
Sure, I will keep you intimated on my decision and thank you for the inputs.
Old 20th September 2023, 07:03   #1685
BHPian

Quote:
Meanwhile, I could use some insights from other Slavia owners on the dashcam being used.
I have installed the Wolfbox i07, which is a triple camera setup (front + cabin + rear). It records in 2.5k at the front and 1080p for the other 2 cameras. I've got it hardwired as I didn't want another cable dangling in the front (I have an infant who is curious and would pull it out in an instant). The camera comes with the capacitor type of battery, which they say is better for our hot conditions.

The whole setup cost me 17.5k, including the hardwiring kit. The camera came pre-installed with a 32 GB memory card as well. I will share photos of the setup shortly.
StripleRider03 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th September 2023, 09:53   #1686
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripleRider03 View Post
I've got it hardwired as I didn't want another cable dangling in the front (I have an infant who is curious and would pull it out in an instant).
Hardwired means loss of warranty since you cut some wires ?
Old 20th September 2023, 10:23   #1687
BHPian

Quote:
No wires are cut, it's just that the power is taken from the fusebox rather than the 12v socket. Added advantage is the ability to have security when parked.
Old 20th September 2023, 10:54   #1688
BHPian

Quote:
Gone are the days of cutting wires, Sir. These days most of the accessories are plug and play and accessory manufacturers know about warranty issues which come with their products. If you are buying a branded product rest assured no wires would be cut anywhere in the process.
batish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2023, 13:10   #1689
BHPian

Hello All,

Good Day!

Tomorrow I will be taking delivery of my car, Due to some office commitments I wasn't able to plan better on the accessories list. I am planing to get the necessary item in the coming days.

Having said that I wanted to understand is swapping the stock tyres necessary? If so what are the recommendations?

As this is something. I would need to do straight out of the showroom I would highly appreciate any inputs here.

Thank you
Old 20th September 2023, 14:13   #1690

Hi All - My SA called me yesterday saying that the Lava Blue Edition accessories were ready and I could get them installed. Immediately went and got them installed. Also, changed the stock horn to the 1400 rupees one - I think its the dual horn which sounds loud compared to the stock one.
Old 20th September 2023, 14:20   #1691

Quote:

Having said that I wanted to understand is swapping the stock tyres necessary? If so what are the recommendations?

As this is something. I would need to do straight out of the showroom I would highly appreciate any inputs here.

Thank you
I got the Apollo Alnac 4G tires swapped to Continental UC6 at Tyre Professionals, Bangalore by paying an additional 20K odd. I see there is a decent improvement in ride quality though I am not someone who has such a keen eye for things.
cityskody is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2023, 14:34   #1692
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityskody View Post
Also, changed the stock horn to the 1400 rupees one - I think its the dual horn which sounds loud compared to the stock one.
Did you change the Horn at Skoda ? When I enquired they told me that they don't change the Horns.
Old 20th September 2023, 17:52   #1693
BHPian

I am considering 1.5 Ambition manual. I have been offered 85000 cash discount and 60000 exchange bonus if I give off my 2018 Nexon Kraz petrol.

My annual running is around 10000 KMs, half of which is highway drive. I have never owned a German car before, (ignoring my 2010 Ford Figo which is basically American brand and there was no concern of reliability and build quality with Figo).

This time I am trying to choose a car for long term retention. Needless to say, a solid build quality is the first criterion.

I am looking for some kind of moral boost from experts regarding reasonable cost of ownership of a Skoda if I prefer manual over DSG.

Should I go ahead and take the plunge?

Should I wait for better offers at year end?

Thanks and Regards

Last edited by graaja : 20th September 2023 at 22:16. Reason: Minor typo
Risky4327 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 21st September 2023, 02:19   #1694
BHPian

Quote:
Did you change the Horn at Skoda ? When I enquired they told me that they don't change the Horns.
Hi M-Roc,

Yes this is an official accessory from Skoda for Kushaq/Slavia and it is a plug and play unit. It requires the front bumper to be removed slightly to remove the OE horn and fit these new horns. Please note since these horns are a bit larger, the protective cover present over the OE horn will not be fitted and they will hand it over to you along with your set of OE horn that has been removed.

Your dealer can very well fit these, the part number is 6JM093806. They cost ₹1469 inclusive of all taxes.

Last edited by Shanksta : 21st September 2023 at 02:20.
Shanksta is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st September 2023, 12:14   #1695
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risky4327 View Post
I am considering 1.5 Ambition manual.

I am looking for some kind of moral boost from experts regarding reasonable cost of ownership of a Skoda if I prefer manual over DSG.
You are going for a 1.5 Manual, so reliability wise you should be good. The car with that engine in its manual form will be super fun. If possible, please extend your budget and get the 1.5 Style manual only because it comes with 6 airbags. You will get discounts up to 1L on the Style as well.

Regarding the maintenance, it would be good if you get a SVP along with the car purchase as it helps keeping the service costs in check for next 4 years. I recently got my Virtus GT serviced for 6750 INR(SVP purchased for 27k for 4 years) which I think is decent considering the performance spec 1.5 TSI.

Compared to earlier cars(Polo/Vento/Rapid), VAG have reduced the service and spare parts costs and these cars gets serviced after every 15k KMs or 1 year as compared to the 10k service interval of their rivals.

Happy Hunting!
tsi_niks1989 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks