Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2024, 23:59   #2086
BHPian

Re: Skoda Slavia Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachin_cs View Post
Skoda is offering discounts upto 2-3 lacs on Kushaq and Slavia on their 24th anniversary-
This seems like a Scam website to me. Anyone really able to book through this?

Website has gone offline just now 3 mins before 12:00.
Old 25th March 2024, 00:49   #2087
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4Cars View Post
This seems like a Scam website to me. Anyone really able to book through this?

Website has gone offline just now 3 mins before 12:00.
I've booked a Kushaq Style 1.0 AT for approx 3.1L ex-showroom discount. However, got allotted a June23 mfg vehicle so not sure if I would take it.

Skoda dealerships confirmed that this is a valid offer for today. It was applicable only from 00.00 to 23.59 hours today. I can see on the same link that Skoda have booked approx 700 Kushaq/Slavias today.

Last edited by lightfootdriver : 25th March 2024 at 00:54.
lightfootdriver is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 25th March 2024, 08:51   #2088
BHPian

I saw the same after posting too, It seems the website was disabled when I was booking at the last minute. I was just booking a Kushaq Style 1.0 AT at 3.09L discount and making the payment when it was disabled. Even got the OTP.

Jun'23 is actually pretty old! How did they manage to keep inventory for this long!!!
Love4Cars is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2024, 14:23   #2089
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachin_cs View Post
Skoda is offering discounts upto 2-3 lacs on Kushaq and Slavia on their 24th anniversary-
This looks like some sort of clearance sale for unsold inventory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4Cars View Post
Jun'23 is actually pretty old! How did they manage to keep inventory for this long!!!
I don't know how many people would go for such old stock, discounts not withstanding
Old 26th March 2024, 16:02   #2090
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGearBox View Post
This looks like some sort of clearance sale for unsold inventory

I don't know how many people would go for such old stock, discounts not withstanding
I have actually cancelled my booking for same reasons.

Interestingly, Skoda dealership says the car chassis would have been mfg in june but car assembling would have happened in Sept or Oct at max. Not sure if it works like that, where car chassis is produced 3 months before car assembly.
Old 27th March 2024, 11:25   #2091
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightfootdriver View Post
I have actually cancelled my booking for same reasons.

Interestingly, Skoda dealership says the car chassis would have been mfg in june but car assembling would have happened in Sept or Oct at max. Not sure if it works like that, where car chassis is produced 3 months before car assembly.
There are different entities in an automobile manufacturing plant, body shop, paint shop, assembly shop, engine shop etc. So the manufacturing works in steps, it is not done in 1 single go, different shops work and produce according to their production plans and orders.

Moreover all(each and every) the components inside the body of the car are supplied from different suppliers, who have their own sub suppliers so you can never figure out the manufacturing of these components.

This discount was there because the car was 8-10 months old, nothing happens to a car in such duration, we normally keep our cars for 10-15 years, nothing happens to a car in some months.

Only if you care about the latest variant with the latest features choose the newer cars, otherwise that was a sweet deal.
yesyeswe is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th March 2024, 12:27   #2092

In have booked Slavia Ambition 1.5 TSI DSG under the above scheme of 24hrs with June 2023 manufacturing. Should I go ahead and buy the vehicle?
Tatvamasi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2024, 16:12   #2093
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatvamasi View Post
In have booked Slavia Ambition 1.5 TSI DSG under the above scheme of 24hrs with June 2023 manufacturing. Should I go ahead and buy the vehicle?
Yes, please go ahead. If I remember correctly that model/variant had a discount of almost 3 lakhs which is proper value for money.

It doesn’t matter if the car is 8-9 months old. It would have been at Skoda factory yard.
Shanksta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2024, 21:16   #2094

Hello everyone,

I'm thrilled to be posting for the first time on the Team BHP forum. Today, I want to share my review of Skoda Slavia 1.0 AT, which I've owned for the past four months. Before I begin, I must extend my gratitude to fellow members of this community. Your invaluable insights played a significant role in helping me narrow down my choice of car.

Here's a brief overview of the cars I considered before settling on the Skoda Slavia

Cars Considered:
Honda City, Hyundai Verna, Volkswagen Virtus and Skoda Slavia

First obvious choice was Honda City. It is one my favourite cars. I test drove manual variant and liked it a lot and had finalized to buy immediately after the test drive. Timeless design, sweet rev happy engine, Honda reliability, what else could you ask for right?!

However, after some time, I found myself leaning towards purchasing an automatic variant considering our ever worsening traffic conditions and the auto boxes could also be fun, especially with paddle shifters.

So I test drove the Honda City again this time with CVT. I liked it but I noticed a lot of engine noise filtering through the cabin and I did not like the throttle response in the CVT variant. It definitely had rubber band effect. NVH package was a let down
So I decided to explore other options in the market.

Hyundai Verna
I had not liked the design when I saw it in the ads but in person it felt better, I felt design language is too outlandish and the cuts and creases not helping either; Car felt like two design languages merged into one.

Anyway I test drove both 1.5 NA IVT and 1.5 Turbo DCT.
I liked the interior layout in 1.5 NA IVT better and engine was smooth and refined but there was no wow factor in the way it revved. It was good but just not enthusiast enough at least for me. It was not compelling enough to trade my Grand i10
I test drove 1.5 Turbo variant as well, this was plenty powerful and I liked it immediately. My only concern was with DCT reliability and I did not want to take risk as I am planning to hold the car for long time.

VAG Twins.

Test drove volkswagen virtus 1.0 TC and 1.5 DSG
I liked them both. I felt 1.0 TC has enough poke, it has a more versatile auto box and is cheaper as well. So my mind was set on 1.0 TC

Positives:
1. Timeless Design
2. Smooth shifting TC: No Shift shocks, masks the turbo lag quite well
3. 3 cylinder unit but does not sound crude
4. NVH package is good; I felt NVH is better than Honda City
5. Added bonus of bigger Ground Clearance
6. Ventilated seats
7. The overall build quality and Safety rating
8. Punchy performance.

Negatives:
1. 360 degree camera: I feel it is a sore miss, with car of this size at least front parking sensors should be provided
2. ADAS: I particularly like adoptive cruise control. Honda City offers it from V variant

Test drove Skoda Slavia 1.0 TC and it felt similar to Virtus.
I liked Skoda Slavia a wee bit more than Volkswagen Virtus just for that Crytal Blue color;
That's it. We booked the car in Oct and got the updated car with powered seats, subwoofer and 10 inch screen.
Live.Love.Drive is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th April 2024, 08:45   #2095

Some of the points I noticed in my four months of ownership of Skoda Slavia 1.0 AT

1. There is turbo lag:
This is especially felt when we have to completely come to a halt while dealing through traffic. Initially I tried many options like putting it in Sports mode, using paddle shifters but the lag stayed. Only way to deal with it is to keeping it above the 2000k rpm. What I did was to press the throttle just enough to get to 2k+ rpm and then release and then slowly accelerate there after. So when we get to 2k+ RPM it stays there for a fraction of second (this is the case in my AT) even when you have released the peddle.
This method has worked for me to counter the Turbo lag.

2. AC effectiveness:
Yes as many others have already pointed out AC could be better. It makes some hissing noise as well.
What has worked for me is to not put it in Auto mode. Fan speed at 2 and temperature set at 21, recirc on and air flow to feet as well. I don't have to set this everytime I start the car. That's good
Also I have got the sun shades from skoda for all four windows and rear and they definitely help.

3. Wireless connectivity to infotainment system:
Apple carplay of my wife's iPhone connects seamlessly everytime. I own Android phone, Android auto connectivity is not as good. I prefer connecting through wire

4. Brake noise:
Again as pointed by many, there is this brake noise issue when we completely halt the car. I don't know the solution for this. Please let me know if I can get rid of this noise

5. Interior Quality:
Enough is been said about this already. In my 4.5 months of ownership I have not noticed any rattling. The bronze strip that runs accross the dash looks great but when we touch it, there is some play and noise. Don't know why skoda could not fix this properly also the AC vents which again look great but there is some play when we press the plastics around the AC vent.
Rest of the interior is quite sturdy and don't feel flimsy.

6. Can we seat 3 in the rear:
No you can't, it's an excellent 4 seater, seat contouring is on point. For the third passenger although there is some space but seat contouring won't allow it.
There is some work around we can do. I order couple of fovera back rest support cushions from Amazon, these things make the bucket seats flat allowing the third passenger to sit that much more comfortably. Only caveat is we will lose some underthigh support.
I only use these cushions when we absolutely cannot avoid the third passenger

7. Seat Ventilation effectiveness:
Seat Ventilators are my new favourite, trust me you don't know you need them until you use them.
In my Slavia I found ventilation working reasonably well, I always keep it at first level (there are 2 fan speed options), in the second level there is more noise than action

8. 1.0 TSI is mile muncher
I had my apprehensions about "cruise" abilities of this three cylinder engine but I'm pleasantly surprised. It can cruise in triple digits all day long. And there is ample power to make quick overtakes as turbo range is wide 1750 to 4500 RPM

9. Ride quality is very good. It glides over the rough roads. 16 inch wheels and stiff platform has allowed skoda to tune the dampers more towards comfort.

10. Driving Dynamics: Many have complained that steering is too lite but I felt it is very good. Steering feedback is exceptional. Keep in mind that my previous car was Grand i10
People coming from polo or ecosport etc may feel differently

11. Engine Noise?
Engine note is well contained. VAG group has done great job in containing the noise. There is no vibrations and harshness inside the cabin. Yes engine is quite audible from outside.
The only time I feel there is engine noise is when coming off from highway toll booth and quickly trying to get to triple digits.
Crack up the music and you won't hear anything.

Thank you
Live.Love.Drive is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th April 2024, 19:58   #2096
BHPian

Hi All,
Looks like my earlier observations on the dsg may be the initial symptoms of things going down soon. Today I noticed that the dsg button is hard to press. Though the gears are shifting I feel it's matter of time before it leaves me stranded. Going take it to the ASC tomorrow. Praying it's just the switch and nothing more. Anyone has any information about the cause for this?
TIA
Old 8th April 2024, 11:21   #2097
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navinkamath4657 View Post
Hi All,
Looks like my earlier observations on the dsg may be the initial symptoms of things going down soon. Today I noticed that the dsg button is hard to press. Though the gears are shifting I feel it's matter of time before it leaves me stranded. Going take it to the ASC tomorrow. Praying it's just the switch and nothing more. Anyone has any information about the cause for this?
TIA
Hello All,
As a follow up to my above grievances, I visited the Skoda ASC in Bengaluru Today. The SA was kind enough to attend to me despite having a very heavy work load of pre booked service cars. Once he heard my cars symptoms he immediately Summoned The Master Mechanic. He came after a few mins and asked me what I was experiencing. Then he took the car for test drive along with the SA and Myself. After a good Ten mins of TD he was of the opinion that there was nothing that felt odd or different. He reassured me that DSGs though problematic have become significantly reliable with skoda 2.0. On asking how many DSGs have been replaced he told just one in the last whole year.
Now I don't know if it's the whole truth or just an eye wash, but u decides to trust The DSG Doctor and carry forward
The SA gave me his personal number and told to call him anytime if I feel that the car is behaving abnormally.
Over all I felt that they did what ever they could to reassure me about it and also to rule out any major flaw.
TIA
Old 8th April 2024, 11:45   #2098
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Doesn't happen always, but happens frequently. The only question that pops in the mind is whether DSG is the issue here. Any Suggestions would be welcome
Thank you
Quote:
Hi All,
Looks like my earlier observations on the dsg may be the initial symptoms of things going down soon. Today I noticed that the dsg button is hard to press.
TIA
The jerk is present in my car as well and this happens when the AC compressor engages or disengages. It's not a transmission related issue. By DSG button do you mean the shift lock button on the gear selector? I have never faced an issue while pressing the button but to move from Park to Reverse there will be a resistance if you have stopped the car and switched to Park without engaging the hand brake. What this does is, the transmission has a parking pawl which slots against the gear shaft to prevent it from moving. If this is done after engaging parking brake, there is no resistance during disengagement. But if you put transmission in Park, and then the vehicle slightly moves, the parking pawl is sort of tightly wedged. This causes the resistance when you try to move out of Park.
audioholic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th April 2024, 12:28   #2099
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
The jerk is present in my car as well and this happens when the AC compressor engages or disengages. It's not a transmission related issue. By DSG button do you mean the shift lock button on the gear selector? I have never faced an issue while pressing the button but to move from Park to Reverse there will be a resistance if you have stopped the car and switched to Park without engaging the hand brake. What this does is, the transmission has a parking pawl which slots against the gear shaft to prevent it from moving. If this is done after engaging parking brake, there is no resistance during disengagement. But if you put transmission in Park, and then the vehicle slightly moves, the parking pawl is sort of tightly wedged. This causes the resistance when you try to move out of Park.
Hello Audioholic,
I was looking forward to your reply for the same.. thank you for making time to answer my query
To give a detailed explanation as to what I am experiencing
1. The car, in the past 1 year and 15K KM of ownership has shown the jerkiness only during its uncertainty of keeping the gear at lower speeds and while approaching a rough patch
2. In the first year of ownership and thanks to my friends Vento DSG I had recognized that I have to lock the car with hand break while the car is in N and only then plonk to P. So I have never had that resistance or stiffness during the shift from Pto R and N
3. After the first service, the initial few 100 Kms were butter smooth and I was blown over by the smoothness of the DSG.. absolutely no jerkiness even in lower gears at lower speeds. I wondered if the service had made it the ideal gear box
4. Alas , after few 100Kms the jerk was back and I was ok with it. But then one day I notice, on empty stretch, on a well paved road at D2 around 1800 rpm the car gave a jerk, went till 2000 pm and then shifted to D3. I couldn't reproduce it again. But this symptom was making a come back once in a while. The jerk is a bit like the rubber band affect in a CVT but less pronounced and for shorter duration .
5. Yesterday I noticed that the shift lock button had become a bit hard( My Paranoia??) But definitely the slotting of gear from R to P and P to R was definitely harder. This is not with the vehicle being parked on incline or with no hand brake etc. This is just while testing it while in traffic.

I hope I have put my ordeal in the best way possible.
The ASC is very sure that the gearstick is fine and no worries.
Do you see anything worrying Mr Audioholic?
Thanking you in advance
Navin
Old 8th April 2024, 14:02   #2100

Hello esteemed BHPians,

I have been following Team BHP for a long time and last year succeeded in becoming a member. I have found the inputs shared on the Team BHP forum very useful while buying my first Skoda, a Rapid 1.6 diesel in 2011 and again in 2017 when i got my Rapid 1.5 diesel. I am very impressed by the driving dynamics of this car. Thankfully, both cars gave me wonderful service and I did not face any service related or car related issues other than usual wear and tear.

It gives me extreme pleasure to share that last week, I have booked the Skoda Slavia Style 1.5 MT Lava Blue colour from JMD Auto Kandivali, Mumbai. While researching I have found this thread very useful and informative and I am thankful to everyone who has contributed. Initially, I was thinking of getting the Kushaq and the Slavia v/s Kushaq debate raged in my family. However, based on the reviews and experiences shared on this thread we finally zeroed down on the Slavia. In this connection, I seek your inputs and guidance on the following points,
  1. A lot has been said and discussed about the advantages of PPF and ceramic coating. Have got good reviews about AutoCraft Detailing located on Malad Link Road. If anyone has got the same done from them, please share your experience on their worksmanship and professional competence.
  2. I am planning to change the stock tyres to UC6, after delivery. Please suggest a reliable workshop in Mumbai western suburbs.
  3. I have seen car pictures posted by some members where de-chromming was done. I am planning to get it as I feel that the car looks better that way. Seeking suggestions for a reliable workshop in Mumbai western suburbs.
  4. I read about certain VCDS coding tweaks that could enhance the experience of the car. I am interested to understand this further and if any such changes would impact/impair the warranty. Please suggest a reliable person/ workshop whom I could approach for this preferably in Mumbai western suburbs.
Thanking all in advance for your help!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks