Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2023, 22:38   #1381

Re: Skoda Slavia Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotham View Post
Did a quick run to Shimoga over the weekend as the car Had not even crossed 300 kms since delivery. From Bangalore to Shimoga via chitradurga the roads were pretty good 80% of the time but the speed limit warning really ruined the whole fun of driving
Gotham, Hope such tweaks doesn't void the warranty? Have you also enabled window glass rolling up/down from keys? It was a default feature in my Vento TSI (2017) and it was really useful.

Have you also noticed they silently stopped providing one of the simply clever features "the string to keep documents" in the door?
Old 19th June 2023, 23:10   #1382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadya View Post
I own a MY19 Skoda Rapid 1.6 MPI AT. A friend of mine has purchased a SLAVIA ambition 1.0TSI AT. It has run 7.5k so far. I had the chance for a quick highway trip from BLR - CHN - BLR with the SLAVIA. My observations from the 800km drive over 12 hours...

Cons :

1. Though GNCAP 5*, sheet metal thickness has come down significantly.
2. NVH levels not as good as rapid.
3. Auto on- off is an irritation in heavy traffic and tested my patience in silk board signal.
4. Turbolag gives anxious movements only in particular spots like in 4th gear at cruising speed and need to suddenly overtake a vehicle of similar speed, vehicle does not drop gear to increase the rpm, solution was to drop a gear using paddle shifter and build up the rpms to kick the turbo on.
4. Hyundaiish lifeless steering at low speeds.
5. Fuzzy logic of door opening - may be I am technically challenged
6. Brakes are just sufficient and does not inspire confidence like Rapid.
7. Good years still horrible choice and spoils the ride quality.
8. Suspension is still firm but abosrbs minor undulations better than the rapid.
9. AC touch control is not intuitive and distracts from the road.

Overall, I would prefer to swap my 1.6 MPI with 1.0 TSI, otherwise overall Rapid scores better than Slavia. SKODA has released a car which ticks most boxes for a first time buyer but previous owners will certainly notice the reduced build quality and steering feel. Though I have not driven the 1.5TSI DSG , 1.0 TSI with TQ AT should suffice most use cases in this segment. I would still recommend SLAVIA for the interested friends but might not trade Rapid for Slavia.
I absolutely agree with the Cons. Especially The AC controls, It is touch, non tactile and hard to use. My dad is asking me to suggest a car to replace his 3.5 GEN City, only thing holding me off is the touchscreen control for volume and A/C controls.

I have the same beef with Octavia, everything is touch and complicated.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 4th July 2023 at 11:57. Reason: Please avoid quoting the entire post. Only quote the relevant portions instead.
Old 20th June 2023, 02:11   #1383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
Looks like a QC issue.
Got the switches replaced - The driver side, front passenger side and rear passenger side (left). So far my experience with Jai Skoda sales has been great. What I experienced today at their service center was just the opposite. The service advisor denied warranty claim, kept telling someone has broken them intentionally. Also claimed we never give warranty on parts that are broken. I would have understood if it was just one switch but 4? Screams QC issue on a car costing 20 Lakhs! He did not listen to me at all and I had to pay from my pocket.

Also complained about AC, they hooked up some machine and tested. Laptop was also connected for a scan. I was with the car all the time but could not see on the laptop what was being done. The funny thing was, these guys were testing AC kept on LOW with highest fan speed. We went for a short TD and came back. The advisor was very happy to have fixed the AC. I was shocked on how dumb can these guys be? It was raining with outside temp at 27 deg. Car was parked under the shade. Ofcourse the AC will work, where it fails is when temperature crosses 35 deg with sun out. I was just waiting to pay and walk away from the incompetent SC.

Extremely disappointed and will be using either Brite or Zedex going forward.
sinharishi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2023, 05:35   #1384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapilvijay View Post
Gotham, Hope such tweaks doesn't void the warranty? Have you also enabled window glass rolling up/down from keys? It was a default feature in my Vento TSI (2017) and it was really useful.

Have you also noticed they silently stopped providing one of the simply clever features "the string to keep documents" in the door?
Not too worried about warranty is these are unlocking of features made by VAG & not a tweak to mess with the car

I did get the window glass up/down enabled but I have never used it in my Vento TSI which is my daily driver now.

I noticed the strings have been removed but I'm again not too bothered about it. Every time I think of an issue with the car once quick spin makes me forget them all
Gotham is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2023, 09:42   #1385
BHPian

Totally agree with most of the observations here. I drive a Vento TSI 2015 automatic. Great handling car.

The new crop of Salvia and Taiguns seem a downgrade. lighter panels that don't inspire confidence. I saw a mention that the NVH levels are less than a Rapid, which is not good. I drive an old Baleno before my Vento.

Was shocked at how low the NVH was in relation to my old car..many a time glancing around at the red light wondering if I had forgotten to keep a glass up!!

Handling wise I still feel my old Baleno was a tad bit better on the highway, familiar curves which I could easily do at 120 plus in my old Baleno. I had to make a conscious effort in my Vento!!

Last edited by suhaas307 : 4th July 2023 at 11:55. Reason: Formatting and editing post. Please avoid typing…like…this… thank you.
Old 20th June 2023, 09:56   #1386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel990 View Post
Totally agree with most of the observations here. I drive a Vento TSI 2015 automatic...great handling car...
the new crop of Salvia and Taiguns seem a downgrade...lighter panels that don't inspire confidence..I saw a mention that the NVH levels are less than a Rapid...
I own both Vento TSI & Slavia 1.5 , I found better confidence in Slavia on the highway at Speeds I wouldn't want to mention here compared to Vento. NHV is not much different compared to Vento especially when you drive without any music. Panels are lighter than previous Gen of German Cars but its no way confidence shaking , I felt as confident in Slavia with my wife & kid as I do in Vento on highways

One thing I've realised that unless you spend an hour or two on the highway with the Slavia it's really difficult to get the pulse of what this car is capable of on open roads. Earlier vento was exclusively used for highway driving now the duty has been passed to Slavia and Vento becomes my daily driver.
Gotham is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th June 2023, 10:17   #1387
BHPian

Hi Guys

I was considering the Skoda Slavia 1.5 for my next car. Can someone who purchased the car recently confirm if the following features are still being cut on the Slavia:

1. 10 inch infotainment replaced with an 8 inch infotainment
2. Wired Android Auto instead of wireless
3. Subwoofer and Amplifier missing

The VW Virtus seems to still provide 1 and 2.

Are any of the 3 points available as paid official accessories in the Slavia?
Old 20th June 2023, 10:22   #1388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinu_joseph View Post

1. 10 inch infotainment replaced with an 8 inch infotainment
2. Wired Android Auto instead of wireless
3. Subwoofer and Amplifier missing
Hi Jinu,

I took the delivery of my Slavia 1.5 earlier this month , while booking I had specifically mentioned I'm looking for 10'" screen and wireless CarPlay. I got the all the above 3 in my car

From what I understand limited number of cars are being dispatched under the guise of Anniversary edition but colour options may not be to many. Do check with the dealer and see if they can help you in getting one. However do note the price difference would be additional 60k.
Gotham is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2023, 21:00   #1389
BHPian

My Slavia 1.0 BS 6.1 does not have E20 written on the fuel cap.

What's the future of such cars? I heard they're gonna stop E10 by 2028.

Last edited by dr.aviansh : 23rd June 2023 at 21:06.
Old 24th June 2023, 15:22   #1390
Distinguished - BHPian

Replaced the mirror caps with a shade of holographic metallic black. Kept the original caps untouched and got new caps and painted them myself. Now the roof and mirrors complement each other.

Skoda Slavia Review-img_7404.jpeg

Skoda Slavia Review-img_7403.jpeg
audioholic is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th June 2023, 07:48   #1391
BHPian

Are we discussing tyre upgrades in this thread or is there a separate one? I have done close to 41000 km on the stock Goodyears and will be looking for upgrades. Any pointers? I was really happy with Yokohamma Earths for my Rapid.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 27th June 2023 at 08:07. Reason: Yokohamma > Yokohama
travelex is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2023, 08:48   #1392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelex View Post
Are we discussing tyre upgrades in this thread or is there a separate one? I have done close to 41000 km on the stock Goodyears and will be looking for upgrades. Any pointers? I was really happy with Yokohamma Earths for my Rapid.
That's some impressive mileage you have clocked

I use continental UC6 on my Slavia and Vento and will vouch for them with my eyes closed. The other option you can consider is vredestein , I have personally never experienced it but have heard only positive reviews on them in this thread.
Old 27th June 2023, 08:53   #1393
BHPian

Quote:
There is a separate sub forum for tyre and wheel upgrades. Michelins are the best but Yoko and Conti tyres provide good value in terms of price vs performance.

I usually upgrade to Yoko on all my cars. Personally, I feel Michelins are overpriced.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 10th July 2023 at 15:17. Reason: Spacing for improved readability
Old 27th June 2023, 23:21   #1394

Hello all. This is my first post on here.

I'm in the market for a new car and Slavia 1.5 DSG is the radar. I went to a showroom in Chennai and the sales person there was telling me that Underbody protection is available on Salvia by default.

I was a bit surprised and tried to look under the display cars. But it was already dark outside and I couldn't really make out anything.

Is this really true??
Old 28th June 2023, 02:29   #1395
BHPian

Quote:
Any pointers? I was really happy with Yokohamma Earths for my Rapid.
I've used Yoko Earth-1 on my previous car for 3 years and have Conti UC6 on my Slavia.

The Yoko Earth-1s are strong tires for our Indian road conditions (read bad) with good dry grip and decent wet grip performance and good value. They are however on the noisy side, especially after a year or so.

The Conti UC6 is great, very less road noise, its amazing how much quieter it is on concrete 'white topped' roads. I feel grip is also definitely better with the UC6 especially wet grip.

Not sure about the current stock situation of Michelins but I will highly recommend the UC6, I feel it is great for the step up in price and is a really good entry point into premium tyres.

Last edited by Game_of_Roads : 28th June 2023 at 02:33.
Game_of_Roads is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks