Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2023, 06:35   #1396
BHPian

Re: Skoda Slavia Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadialPT View Post
Hello all. This is my first post on here.

I'm in the market for a new car and Slavia 1.5 DSG is the radar. I went to a showroom in Chennai and the sales person there was telling me that Underbody protection is available on Salvia by default.

I was a bit surprised and tried to look under the display cars. But it was already dark outside and I couldn't really make out anything.

Is this really true??
I recently took delivery and I'm hearing underbody protection being available by default for first time. Ask the SA to send you few pics of the car from the yard to back his claim.
Old 28th June 2023, 16:06   #1397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
For now have stuck to a bright red since I wasn't a fan of the stock yellow colour. Thinking of converting the beige strip to carbon fiber and then this dark theme will come handy
Would you by any chance know the RGB code for Stock Yellow colour ?

Also did you finally get around to converting the strip to carbon fibre ?
Old 1st July 2023, 15:53   #1398

Hello everyone,

I'm super excited to to joining the Skoda and Slavia tribe today. I'm getting delivery of my Carbon Steel Anniversary Edition. I have spent a lot of time on this thread and read through many of your reviews, which eventually helped me to make this decision.

I will make a detailed post about the entire sales process, PDI, delivery process and ownership review. I wanted to take this moment to thank all the folks who have contributed their inputs. This thread makes it so easy to make a huge decision.

Can't wait to have a great motoring journey in the Slavia!

Cheers,
Onthecusp
onthecusp is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2023, 08:37   #1399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthecusp View Post
I'm super excited to to joining the Skoda and Slavia tribe today. I'm getting delivery of my Carbon Steel Anniversary Edition. I have spent a lot of time on this thread and read through many of your reviews, which eventually helped me to make this decision.
Congrats on the purchase! Are you buying it from Tafe on St Mark's Road? We were offered the same car as red was not available in the anniversary edition by the time we booked. So we let go of the anniversary edition in favour of the colour. Our car has arrived but I'm unable to take delivery due to aashaada. Eagerly waiting to get behind the wheel of this beast.
Old 2nd July 2023, 09:58   #1400
BHPian

The issue of bad ride quality in my Slavia is confirmed by the difference in movements of the dream catcher hung in my car vs the same hung in another Slavia.

My car (without the Ganesha Idol) jolts sideways over concrete roads causing me discomfort while the other car glides over the same road like a hovercraft.

The tyre size in my Slavia is 195/65 R15
While the other Slavia is equipped with 205/55 R16.

Both the tyre sizes are recommended for Slavia by Skoda India, hence this shouldn't be the case. I have tried to contact Satguru Skoda Indore requesting guidance or a swap to confirm, but they're too reluctant to look into it.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 4th July 2023 at 11:53. Reason: Minor spacing
Old 3rd July 2023, 13:03   #1401

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripleRider03 View Post
Congrats on the purchase! Are you buying it from Tafe on St Mark's Road? We were offered the same car as red was not available in the anniversary edition by the time we booked. So we let go of the anniversary edition in favour of the colour. Our car has arrived but I'm unable to take delivery due to aashaada. Eagerly waiting to get behind the wheel of this beast.
Thank you! So long story short, I placed the order through Tafe Access Udupi. And got the delivery from Tafe Access HSR Layout. I had to give up my love for the blue colour since I was optimising for the pricing and features of the Anniversary Edition! For us, Ashaada starts on 18th July, so we got good dates to pick up the car. So I picked her up on 1st July and got the pooja done this morning, since it is Guru Poornima.

Congratulations on your new car as well. It's been lovely to drive, and I don't know how you're waiting till Ashaada gets over to pick her up. I preponed my delivery date to be able to get her home earlier. Upgraded tyres to Continental UC6 this morning as well.
onthecusp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2023, 23:21   #1402
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations on your new car as well. It's been lovely to drive, and I don't know how you're waiting till Ashaada gets over to pick her up. I preponed my delivery date to be able to get her home earlier. Upgraded tyres to Continental UC6 this morning as well.
Thank you! Just curious, what was the total discount that they offered you? I was told that a discount of 45k was the max that they could do.

It is a torture to wait for the delivery since I've already seen the car and one round of PDI is done as well.
Old 4th July 2023, 06:01   #1403
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you! Just curious, what was the total discount that they offered you? I was told that a discount of 45k was the max that they could do.

It is a torture to wait for the delivery since I've already seen the car and one round of PDI is done as well.
The discount sounds about right , I got a little lower when I took the delivery last month
Gotham is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2023, 06:29   #1404
sbm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.aviansh View Post
https://Youtu.be/4OufOFN_qO8

The issue of bad ride quality in my Slavia is confirmed by the difference in movements of the dream catcher hung in my car vs the same hung in another Slavia.

My car (without the Ganesha Idol) jolts sideways over concrete roads causing me discomfort while the other car glides over the same road like a hovercraft.

The tyre size in my Slavia is 195/65 R15
While the other Slavia is equipped with 205/55 R16.
Both the tyre sizes are recommended for Slavia by Skoda India, hence this shouldn't be the case. I have tried to contact Satguru Skoda Indore requesting guidance or a swap to confirm, but they're too reluctant to look into it.
Try removing all air from all tyres and filling up nitrogen. It worked for me, not in Slavia, but another car.
sbm is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2023, 11:29   #1405
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadialPT View Post
Hello all. This is my first post on here.

I'm in the market for a new car and Slavia 1.5 DSG is the radar. I went to a showroom in Chennai and the sales person there was telling me that Underbody protection is available on Salvia by default.

Is this really true??
Yes, the Virtus user manual I have clearly states that there is a factory provided underseal and it's permanently protected by the factory against chemical and mechanical effects.
I believe it would be essentially the same for Slavia as well.
jaysonline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2023, 19:15   #1406

Quote:

I got a way better deal than this. I'm not sure if quoting discounts is allowed on this thread/forum or not. Happy to share the details if it is allowed. I can tell you that there was an exchange offer running between June 23rd to 30th which gave an exchange bonus of 45k, which is 30k higher than their standard. I got further discounts from the dealer along with the HDFC offer of 25k if I remember right, which is applicable if you have a HDFC Infinia card. So overall, my deal was way sweeter.

I'm assuming that you've already made the booking, so I'm not sure if there is much you can do. I can connect you to my guy if you can cancel your booking and get it booked with him.

My apologies to the mods if anything in this post goes against the guidelines of the forum.
onthecusp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2023, 22:50   #1407
BHPian

Quote:
I got a way better deal than this. I'm not sure if quoting discounts is allowed on this thread/forum or not. Happy to share the details if it is allowed. I can tell you that there was an exchange offer running between June 23rd to 30th which gave an exchange bonus of 45k, which is 30k higher than their standard. I got further discounts from the dealer along with the HDFC offer of 25k if I remember right, which is applicable if you have a HDFC Infinia card. So overall, my deal was way sweeter.

I'm assuming that you've already made the booking, so I'm not sure if there is much you can do. I can connect you to my guy if you can cancel your booking and get it booked with him.

My apologies to the mods if anything in this post goes against the guidelines of the forum.
I guess it's a bit too late to cancel now as the loan amount is disbursed and only a part of the payment for my old car is pending. They did tell me about the Infinia offer, but unfortunately I don't have that. Exchange deal is something that I can still negotiate, as I have a Ciaz which I'm trading in.
Old 5th July 2023, 09:14   #1408
BHPian

Quote:
I guess it's a bit too late to cancel now as the loan amount is disbursed and only a part of the payment for my old car is pending. They did tell me about the Infinia offer, but unfortunately I don't have that. Exchange deal is something that I can still negotiate, as I have a Ciaz which I'm trading in.
You should try & push for a better exchange deal , especially when you're jumping from another brand to Skoda.
Gotham is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2023, 12:45   #1409
BHPian

Apparently Škoda is keeping Lava Blue color alive in Slavia with a lava blue edition like Kushaq.

Guessing it may have a smaller screen though.

Source: https://twitter.com/skodaindia_pr/st...722429444?s=46
Old 6th July 2023, 13:29   #1410
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotham View Post
Would you by any chance know the RGB code for Stock Yellow colour ?

Also did you finally get around to converting the strip to carbon fibre ?
Sorry for the late reply but RGB for yellow will be
R - 230
G - 160
B - 30

I tried to do so but somehow it did not gel well with the overall interior theme. I instead left it as it is. Moreover since the yellow strip extends to the AC vents, its a tough job to wrap vinyl there and hence left it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks