Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2023, 11:33   #1366
BHPian

Re: Skoda Slavia Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
I do the changes myself on my car. Have only tried once with a Virtus and the VCDS software did not recognise the car correctly. If you are willing to drive down to where I stay I can get the AC tweak done for your car for free as long as the software works for your car. A couple of friends have managed to get VCDS working perfectly fine on their VW MQB cars but based on the Virtus I tried, it was not successful. Not sure of the Taigun.
Thank you for this suggestion and gesture. We Can definitely give it a try. I'm back to Blr in July. I'll PM you seperately.
Old 14th June 2023, 09:24   #1367
BHPian

Got a call from my SA Tafe Access St Marks Road , They have one carbon steel 1.5 DSG anniversary edition available for immediate delivery , looks like someone cancelled last minute after booking. I remember seeing this car in the yard when I had gone for PDI 2 weeks ago. The 10" inch screen with wireless CarPlay is alone worth the premium

In case if someone is looking for it please reach out to St Marks Road dealer and ask for Sharath

P.S : I'm in no ways associated with them , just sharing the info here that could help someone.
Gotham is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2023, 06:57   #1368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotham View Post
Got a call from my SA Tafe Access St Marks Road , They have one carbon steel 1.5 DSG anniversary edition available for immediate delivery , looks like someone cancelled last minute after booking. I remember seeing this car in the yard when I had gone for PDI 2 weeks ago. The 10" inch screen with wireless CarPlay is alone worth the premium
The 10 inch radio supports wireless android auto and Carplay. Moreover the anniversary edition has Subwoofer in boot, amplifier and 380W sound system. All of which the regular Slavia don't have.
yesyeswe is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2023, 07:04   #1369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
The 10 inch radio supports wireless android auto and Carplay. Moreover the anniversary edition has Subwoofer in boot, amplifier and 380W sound system. All of which the regular Slavia don't have.
Yes but honestly not too impressed with the subwoofer & speakers. Will get them changed after few months but when I was shopping for Slavia I was very keen on the 10inch screen , while the 8inch is pretty good the 10inch is better
Old 15th June 2023, 13:32   #1370
BHPian

4 window switches went bad last week during a trip to Agra! Not one, but 4, all at the same time. Car was parked under the sun, before heading towards the hotel reception, I did the usual - rolled down all windows and open the sunroof for heat to escape. When I rolled all the windows back up, the front passenger window did not come back up! Tried multiple times. Located nearest SKODA SC, drove straight to them.

They found the switch clip to be broken, not 1 but 4! They opened the front passenger door trim and rolled the window up manually. Came back to Delhi and placed order for warranty replacement. Parts should arrive this weekend. I thought mine was a one off case till someone on the owners group reported the the same today!

Looks like a QC issue.
sinharishi is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 15th June 2023, 14:45   #1371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post

They found the switch clip to be broken, not 1 but 4! They opened the front passenger door trim and rolled the window up manually. Came back to Delhi and placed order for warranty replacement. Parts should arrive this weekend. I thought mine was a one off case till someone on the owners group reported the the same today!

Looks like a QC issue.
This surely looks like QC issue , I'm part of the owners group and saw the reported case. Hope someone at Skoda takes notice of this and rolls out a program to fix it proactively than being reactive
Old 16th June 2023, 13:06   #1372
BHPian

Quote:
18 days and 2,550 KMs update:

• VAG needs to do something about the AC, on the return leg, at 42 deg outside temp it simply failed to keep the cabin cool. Had to idle the car under shade for 15 mins to make the cabin comfortable. Cooled seats came to the rescue for both the front passenger and driver.
Not sure if VAG can do anything about it. Isn't it just about how powerful the AC unit of car is?
Remember from my 1st gen Figo days that AC was brilliant in keeping cabin cool as compared to 1st gen i20. i20 was using very underpowered AC unit. Maybe leaving the vent open after parking will bring some relief. Or leave a little bit of window open if you have door visors installed.

Quote:
18 days and 2,550 KMs update:

• What I noticed is the 12V charging socket and type-c ports are always on. I have to unplug my dashcam every-time I park the car.
My Figo had same issue
Old 16th June 2023, 14:58   #1373
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulba View Post
Not sure if VAG can do anything about it. Isn't it just about how powerful the AC unit of car is?
Remember from my 1st gen Figo days that AC was brilliant in keeping cabin cool as compared to 1st gen i20. i20 was using very underpowered AC unit.
The first generation Figo had a huge 150cc AC compressor, compared to the 30cc AC compressor in the competition's offerings.

Wonder if it's a case of a small compressor in the Slavia/Virtus.
Old 18th June 2023, 18:47   #1374

Congratulations Gotham on your brand new Skody. I also booked 1.5 TSI AE few days back. Coincidently I've had not so good experience with PPS Skoda so I moved to Tefe St. marks road :-)

Red color look stunning. Since I've had few cars in the past I've decided to go with Crystal Blue. I have a question to clarify: My car is manufactured in Mar'23. While its Bharat stage 2, I couldn't confirm if its stage 1 or stage 2. I assume all the cars now are now stage 2 but how to verify if it supports E20?

I'll be taking the delivery on 21st.
kapilvijay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2023, 21:22   #1375
BHPian

Quick question for folks with the 10 inch screen models - have you faced occasional disconnects when using wireless Android Auto ?

I have the 8 inch infotainment, I'm using the Motorola MA-1 wireless Android auto adapter and I face disconnects at certain specific places in Bangalore, and it appears to be due to Wireless interference since the disconnects always happen at specific places, one being just after getting down from Domlur Flyover towards Koramangala/EGL.

Does the OEM Wireless Android auto variants also face this issue ?
Old 18th June 2023, 21:31   #1376
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapilvijay View Post
Coincidently I've had not so good experience with PPS Skoda so I moved to Tefe St. marks road :-)

I have a question to clarify: My car is manufactured in Mar'23. While its Bharat stage 2, I couldn't confirm if its stage 1 or stage 2. I assume all the cars now are now stage 2 but how to verify if it supports E20?
Thanks Vijay, Also congratulations on your Crystal Blue , I personally love this colour. My Car is also Mar'23 manufactured , when you open the flue lid it should say supports upto E20 , that's best way to verify your car is B6 Stage 2. Folks at St Marks were quite transparent with me so I would take their word in good faith but still check the fuel lid when you go to take the delivery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game_of_Roads View Post
Quick question for folks with the 10 inch screen models - have you faced occasional disconnects when using wireless Android Auto ?

I have the 8 inch infotainment, I'm using the Motorola MA-1 wireless Android auto adapter and I face disconnects at certain specific places in Bangalore, and it appears to be due to Wireless interference since the disconnects always happen at specific places, one being just after getting down from Domlur Flyover towards Koramangala/EGL.

Does the OEM Wireless Android auto variants also face this issue ?
I just finished a 6 hour road trip however I used wireless Apple Car all through the journey but didn't face any disconnections to be honest. Mine came with a 10 Inch Screen. I've heard many people face issue only with Android Auto and not so much with Apple so don't think its an issue with the Head unit but more to do with the implementation by Android

Last edited by suhaas307 : 10th July 2023 at 15:20. Reason: Merging consecutive posts. Please use the EDIT / QUOTE+ functions within 30 minutes of submitting the first post, instead of posting consecutively
Old 18th June 2023, 22:19   #1377

Thanks Gotham, Yeah I know I have to check.. I did PDI on Friday and checked most of the things but since there was a sticker on fuel lid he suggested me not to remove it and wait for the delivery day :-).

You're right St marks guys have been quite helpful.
kapilvijay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2023, 09:41   #1378
BHPian

Did a quick run to Shimoga over the weekend as the car Had not even crossed 300 kms since delivery. From Bangalore to Shimoga via chitradurga the roads were pretty good 80% of the time but the speed limit warning really ruined the whole fun of driving

Wife was more irritated than me & give a formal node to get rid of it ( Very very rare to get a mod approval from her )

Did manage to touch triple digits just to experience this beautiful engine on empty stretch & boy does this baby pull like a fright train. For the sheer joy this baby provides while driving I really not to bothered about the FE but considering the car is still under 1000 kms FE of 12-13 is not too bad

Skoda Slavia Review-img_2085.jpg

After coming back the first thing I did was to contact Dr.CodeMyVag on Instagram and got the Speed limit removed among other things , Had a very pleasant experience & would strongly recommend if anyone here is planning to get the same done.

My Red baby finally gets a Red theme on the cluster
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Slavia Review-img_2079.jpg  

Old 19th June 2023, 10:30   #1379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotham View Post
but the speed limit warning really ruined the whole fun of driving
Curious to know what the speed limit is set to on the car. And instead of removing it by a mod, can't you increase the limit?
deathwalkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2023, 10:37   #1380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Curious to know what the speed limit is set to on the car. And instead of removing it by a mod, can't you increase the limit?
First one is set at 80km/h which beeps once every 2 minutes and at 120 km/h its nonstop beep. My vento is from 2016 which didn't have this and my 2016 S Cross ( now sold ) never came with any such warning. These warnings are govt mandated since 2019 but until I drove I didn't realise how annoying they can be. I'm all in for beeps from 120 Km/h but at 80km/h its very irritating
Gotham is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks