Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2023, 12:11   #1231
BHPian

Re: Skoda Slavia Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Yes, its better to stick to XP95 and use 91 only in emergency. 95 is also important if you are pushing the car and driving hard now and then. 91 is for sedate driving only.
Are you suggesting this for 1L or 1.5L as well?

I am using regular 91 and generally sedate (holding alright for now). I thought of trying 95, but then probably it is not a good idea to mix it, so better stick to either one of them?
Old 19th April 2023, 13:00   #1232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stringbh View Post

I am using regular 91 and generally sedate (holding alright for now). I thought of trying 95, but then probably it is not a good idea to mix it, so better stick to either one of them?
This applies for both 1.0 & 1.5 i guess. It applies for the 1.5 for sure. It's clearly given in the owners manual to stick to XP95 or 95 RON equivalent & use 91 RON ONLY in case of emergencies. My sales rep also stressed on using XP95 during the delivery process. Using 91 RON may have it's implications in the long-term else they wouldn't have instructed us to use XP95. No point blaming the manufacturer later if issues crop up due to regular usage of 91 RON. I have been using XP95 since day one.
Torque123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2023, 16:13   #1233
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stringbh View Post

I would suggest it for both and any TSI/GDI engine if you are having the habit of pushing the car now and then and not always driving sedately.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th April 2023, 22:36   #1234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque123 View Post
Using 91 RON may have it's implications in the long-term else they wouldn't have instructed us to use XP95. No point blaming the manufacturer later if issues crop up due to regular usage of 91 RON. I have been using XP95 since day one.
It is mentioned in the owner manual for 1.0 as well. Any idea what issues it may cause? I always used normal fuel in my polo and never had any issues in 7 years and I thing VW recommended the same for polo too.

Also would the manufacturer have the ability to figure out which fuel was used and how many times? I guess not, so will they be able to deny warranty on something they suspect but cannot prove?
Old 21st April 2023, 03:04   #1235
BHPian

Quote:
I would suggest it for both and any TSI/GDI engine if you are having the habit of pushing the car now and then and not always driving sedately.
Strangely my Sales Advisor told me to fill 91 and said this will not give any trouble for my Virtus 1.5.

On other note, I posted this in Virtus thread but could not get any response.
How does the security alarm work in Virtus? My 2013 i20 has an alarm that sounds if I open the car from inside door lever (kept the window down) after 30 seconds from locking the car with remote key. Basically to mimic a scenario where someone breaks the glass and opens the door.
I tried the same in Virtus and there was no alarm. Any ideas?
Old 21st April 2023, 22:54   #1236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidyanand View Post
Strangely my Sales Advisor told me to fill 91 and said this will not give any trouble for my Virtus 1.5.

On other note, I posted this in Virtus thread but could not get any response.
How does the security alarm work in Virtus? My 2013 i20 has an alarm that sounds if I open the car from inside door lever (kept the window down) after 30 seconds from locking the car with remote key. Basically to mimic a scenario where someone breaks the glass and opens the door.
I tried the same in Virtus and there was no alarm. Any ideas?
It's answered here https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/en/tech...-security.html. That small red light on driver's side door pad is the anti-theft device.
amit1agrawal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2023, 13:56   #1237
BHPian

Can walk-away auto lock function be activated in Slavia through coding?
Old 23rd April 2023, 14:28   #1238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy_wheels View Post
Also would the manufacturer have the ability to figure out which fuel was used and how many times? I guess not, so will they be able to deny warranty on something they suspect but cannot prove?
Not sure if they would be able to figure out which fuel was used. Not sure what will be the long/short term implications of using 91 RON either. If it didn't matter then they would have not explicitly mentioned in the owners manual about using 95 RON for regular use. Am sure there is some logic behind it based on the testing they have done before launching the car. I don't want to take a chance especially when mine is the 1.5 DSG (read DQ200). No point in blaming VW/Skoda later. Savings of 360 bucks for each tankful by using 91 RON is not worth taking a risk atleast for my kind of running (usually I won't need more than a tankful of gas per month). If FE & fuel cost were a concern I wouldn't have got a turbo petrol

Last edited by Torque123 : 23rd April 2023 at 14:29.
Torque123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2023, 16:23   #1239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy_wheels View Post
They can't tell how many times you had filled that particular fuel, but they can always collect the fuel sample from your vehicle and figure out what kind of fuel it is.
yesyeswe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2023, 18:05   #1240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque123 View Post
Savings of 360 bucks for each tankful by using 91 RON is not worth taking a risk atleast for my kind of running (usually I won't need more than a tankful of gas per month). If FE & fuel cost were a concern I wouldn't have got a turbo petrol
I agree with you and my issue is the availability, I don't have an Indian oil Petrol Pump nearby so I have to be on the lookout for it (and yes I get my tank full). That is the main reason I am not able to fill XP95, and the other reason is I did not feel a significant difference. Otherwise I don't even care about FE (I sometimes end up leaving the engine running idle while playing songs and just relaxing inside the car sitting in parking and that causes FE to drop). I also agree that they might have a good reason to recommend 95 rather than 91.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
They can't tell how many times you had filled that particular fuel, but they can always collect the fuel sample from your vehicle and figure out what kind of fuel it is.
True, but they cant deny claim based on that sample, since they have themselves mentioned you can fill 91 in an emergency, so one can always say fuel was very low and I could not find xp95 and had to fill 91. It would have been another thing if they had written do not ever fill 91.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 23rd April 2023 at 18:11. Reason: Merging back-to-back posts. Kindly use the Quote+/Edit functionality to quote multiple posts.
Old 24th April 2023, 01:51   #1241
BHPian

Quote:
Need a confirmation from experts. I always fill with HP 99. I hope that's ok?
Old 24th April 2023, 12:28   #1242
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsristi View Post
Need a confirmation from experts. I always fill with HP 99. I hope that's ok?
I'm not a petroleum expert and probably someone else can clarify better. But as long as the RON number of the fuel you fill matches or exceeds 95 it is okay. So to my knowledge we have XP95, XP100 from Indianoil, Speed97 from Bharat petroleum, Power99 from Hindustan Petroleum. All these should work with XP95 being cheapest due to obvious reasons. I have tried them all except Power 99. Speed 97 wasn't that impressive but XP100 was the best I had run out of fuel with some 10km left in range and filled up XP100 for a small amount and it was the best experience with the already fast 1.5.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th April 2023, 13:12   #1243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsristi View Post
I always fill with HP 99. I hope that's ok?
As long as you stick to recommended rating or above, it is all good.
That said, you'll not gain any advantage by putting fuel of higher octane rating than recommended and that is simply added cost for no gain. So the best option available to us is XP95 by IOCL
motonomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2023, 22:20   #1244
BHPian

Any idea what this red symbol means on the infotainment system?
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Slavia Review-img20230424wa0029.jpg  

Old 24th April 2023, 22:33   #1245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torq View Post
Any idea what this red symbol means on the infotainment system?
That's the notification icon for wireless charging. Red means that it isn't charging ( either the device is not properly placed or a device w/o wireless charging capabilities is placed in the tray).

If it is brightly lit in the same color as the font, it means that the device in the tray is charging.

Last edited by ashivas89 : 24th April 2023 at 22:36.
ashivas89 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks