Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2023, 01:22   #1306
BHPian

Re: Skoda Slavia Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecuube View Post
Then the SA really got down to business and told me he had a few 2022 manufactured Slavias with them and will give us a 2.2l discount on On road price Along with SMP and a few accessories.

A few accessories that are included -

- rear window blinds including the rear quarter window
- 2 square pillows
- Rubber mats only for the cabin, not the boot
- A USB Type C to USB Type A connector
- Air freshener
- Lightning to USB Type A cable
Quote:
Originally Posted by KI07 View Post
I am about to book one 1.5DSG, the SA has offered me 1.2L off for MY22,
should I push for more.
I am a bit shy asking for discounts, can you help me with some liners to sneak in the discount talk?
Don't shy away from asking for discounts and free accessories. Seek help of a friend or a relative, someone who is comfortable saying 'NO' and is more than comfortable negotiating. You may quote the handsome discount and free accessories received by @Icecuube as a bargaining chip. He took delivery of his first car (which looks absolutely gorgeous in silver) from Jai Skoda, Gurugram which happens to have a showroom in Dwarka, Delhi as well. You may try dropping them an email along with other dealerships in NCR region to set forth the whole process in motion. I would also suggest you to DM @Icecuube and see if he can help get you in touch with the sales executive who got him the sweet deal at Jai Skoda.

Happy Shopping!

Last edited by Herschey : 22nd May 2023 at 01:24.
Herschey is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2023, 21:37   #1307
BANNED

IMHO I don't think it's an excellent fuel economy given that you haven't exceeded 100 kmph, 7 speed DSG which has a taller 7th gear can help the engine spin at lesser rpm & ACT which shuts off 2 cylinders during highway cruise

My Ciaz AT 4 speed slushbox gives 18 kmph when driven between 90 to 100 kmph, given the not so taller 4th gear as compared to DSG's 7th gear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd de Souza View Post
Just did a Mumbai-Goa return trip via Amboli in my Slavia 1.5 Style DSG and though the return was marred by an accident at Amboli, the car held up beautifully right through. What was most impressive was the mileage which was unexpected all factors considered. XP95 was the diet throughout. The break up is as follows(tankful to tankful or as mentioned):
1) Residence at Bandra to Shivraj petrol stn. Satara: 266km, 15.38L, 17.3km/L
2) Satara to Goa+in Goa: 486km, 31.28L, 15.54km/l.
3) Goa to Prakash expressway stn. Khopoli: 512km, 29.78L, 17.19km/L
4) Prakash to residence: 70km, 16.8km/L (as per car comp). Actual would be around 16.3km/L. Difference normally is around 0.5km/L
This translates to a round trip average of 16.52km/L which, all factors considered is excellent. Very rarely crossed 100km/H and adhered to speed limits as far as possible. ACT really does play its part in this.
Old 22nd May 2023, 21:53   #1308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by overtaker View Post
IMHO I don't think it's an excellent fuel economy given that you haven't exceeded 100 kmph, 7 speed DSG which has a taller 7th gear can help the engine spin at lesser rpm & ACT which shuts off 2 cylinders during highway cruise

My Ciaz AT 4 speed slushbox gives 18 kmph when driven between 90 to 100 kmph, given the not so taller 4th gear as compared to DSG's 7th gear.
The car itself is nearly 200 kg heavier + has wider tires + is higher off the ground (179 mm GC means drag gets hugely amplified). All these things considered, it is still excellent.

Also, Maruti's real time FE readouts tend to be pretty optimistic.
ashivas89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2023, 00:10   #1309

I am planning to buy Slavia Ambition 1.5 MT for the feel of better connectedness with the car and also save about 1.3 Lacs by not opting for DSG. I am currently driving ecosport 1.5 Tdci MT. I took test drive of dsg variant but feel that manual could have be better having driver their 1.0 manual. Unfortunately 1.5 MT is not available for test drives.
Can anyone comment on the difference in initial pick up between MT and Dsg variants?
Which one would be better if driven in Himalayas?
Could 1.0 tsi also fare good in mountains?
Is it really worth it to spend 2 lac for an upgrade to 1.5 tsi? (I was not able to experience much difference during test drives as Sales person did not allow me to drive at high speeds due to speed limits.)
Old 23rd May 2023, 02:11   #1310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatvamasi View Post
I am planning to buy Slavia Ambition 1.5 MT.
I am also looking to buy ambition 1.5 dsg, just waiting for a sweet deal.
As you are based in Delhi I would highly suggest you to go for DSG rather than manual as the clutch travel is too much and it would be too tiring.
MT has advantage over DSG in terms of better launch and no turbo lag.
If budget is not much of an issue then 1.5 DSG should be your choice, the driving feel of 1.5 is too good, I took a test drive and tested the car to good potential and boy I was amazed.

I don’t think any of the transmission would have issue in Himalaya’s.
I have seen some videos on youtube where people claimed that 1L felt a little hard to drive on inclines, haven’t experienced first hand so won’t say.

Also can you share the quote you have got for 1.5 ambition MT/DSG?

Thanks!!
Jatin247 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2023, 09:06   #1311
BHPian

Quote:
Which one would be better if driven in Himalayas?
I have a 1.5 TSI MT. I recently took it to Manali and beyond. 2 things that helped with the climb and negotiating B2B at Solang Valley - Hill Hold and start/stop function. Car does not rollback, after a initial few hickups, I got used to it. Also, after having stalled the car couple of times, engaging the clutch brings it back to life. I have been driving AT mostly from last 2 years and moved to MT. Hope this helps.
sinharishi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2023, 12:40   #1312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by overtaker View Post

@Overtaker....the comparison you are making is basis steady state 90-100 kmph. In a like to like situation, I have seen 30+ kmpl real time often on the MID. The mileage I have quoted accounts for ghat climbing, pretty dense traffic at Lonavala, around 30 mins to cover a 2 km stretch at Karad due to a jam related to road work, many short trips in Goa.
I do not have a Ciaz so the most relevant comparison I can make is with my Baleno CVT. Highway mileage(say cruising between 80-100) is better in the Slavia while city mineage in b2b traffic is better in the Baleno.
As I have stated in my post, I met with an accident which, had it been in a Ciaz, the situation would have been far worse than it was.
Floyd de Souza is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2023, 21:34   #1313
BANNED

Oh, What happened? Hope everyone is fine.........
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd de Souza View Post
@Overtaker....the comparison you are making is basis steady state 90-100 kmph. In a like to like situation, I have seen 30+ kmpl real time often on the MID. The mileage I have quoted accounts for ghat climbing, pretty dense traffic at Lonavala, around 30 mins to cover a 2 km stretch at Karad due to a jam related to road work, many short trips in Goa.
I do not have a Ciaz so the most relevant comparison I can make is with my Baleno CVT. Highway mileage(say cruising between 80-100) is better in the Slavia while city mineage in b2b traffic is better in the Baleno.
As I have stated in my post, I met with an accident which, had it been in a Ciaz, the situation would have been far worse than it was.
Old 24th May 2023, 14:49   #1314
BHPian

Quote:
I am currently driving ecosport 1.5 Tdci MT. Can anyone comment on the difference in initial pick up between MT and Dsg variants?Is it really worth it to spend 2 lac for an upgrade to 1.5 tsi?
Go for the 1.5 without any second thoughts. As someone who upgraded from an Ecosport TDCI this February, let me tell you the performance difference (1.0 vs 1.5) is very obvious on highways. Floor it and the car F-L-I-E-S. You will eventually regret not going for the 1.5 if you have the resources to do so.

Manual vs DSG could be debatable. I was clear that I needed an automatic, so didn't consider the Manual version.
Vibhav-Van is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2023, 22:39   #1315

Hi all,

I am planning to get the Slavia Style AT via the Canteen process. PPS skoda have one in stock that they say is March 2023 manufactured. However, when I went in for a PDI today, I found just above the left front wheel a sticker on the body that stated 05-2023. When I asked him what this was, he said each part would have a different manufacturing date. So when I told him how can this part be manufactured post the vehicles manufacturing he said he would need the check with his senior.

Could you guys please help me out here on what could be the case. Also the one touch up and down driver side window was not working all the time.

Any pointers would be really helpful and appreciated. Thanks.
Old 25th May 2023, 00:09   #1316
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amar_ka03_mp04 View Post
Hi all,

I am planning to get the Slavia Style AT via the Canteen process. PPS skoda have one in stock that they say is March 2023 manufactured. However, when I went in for a PDI today, I found just above the left front wheel a sticker on the body that stated 05-2023. When I asked him what this was, he said each part would have a different manufacturing date. So when I told him how can this part be manufactured post the vehicles manufacturing he said he would need the check with his senior.

Could you guys please help me out here on what could be the case. Also the one touch up and down driver side window was not working all the time.

Any pointers would be really helpful and appreciated. Thanks.
Chassis no. or VIN stamping could have happened before the batch of wheels or tyres arrived from the supplier. It is entirely plausible. Rely only on the VIN, that is the legitimate date. There is an entire guide on how to decode it here on T-BHP. If that checks out, please relax and go ahead.

Here:

https://www.team-bhp.com/advice/find...facture-vin#p8

Don't worry about the starting 3 letters. Skodas these days also have vins starting from MEX instead of TMB, but the rule mentioned for Skoda holds.
Old 25th May 2023, 00:26   #1317

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatin247 View Post

Also can you share the quote you have got for 1.5 ambition MT/DSG?

Still working out the deal with sales person. Will update you ASAP.
Tatvamasi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2023, 02:14   #1318

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashivas89 View Post
Chassis no. or VIN stamping could have happened before the batch of wheels or tyres arrived from the supplier. It is entirely plausible. Rely only on the VIN, that is the legitimate date. There is an entire guide on how to decode it here on T-BHP. If that checks out, please relax and go ahead.

Here:

https://www.team-bhp.com/advice/find...facture-vin#p8.
Hi - thank you so much for your prompt reply. Checked with the pink and it is March 2023.

What's got me though is, if this part is labelled 05-2023, and like you said VIN stamping could have happened before, how could the dealer have received this car in April (which is what he told me).
Old 25th May 2023, 06:37   #1319
BHPian

05-23 means that it is manufactured in fifth week of 2023. Tyres are labelled as this only.
Sandeep500 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th May 2023, 10:01   #1320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amar_ka03_mp04 View Post
Hi - thank you so much for your prompt reply. Checked with the pink and it is March 2023.

What's got me though is, if this part is labelled 05-2023, and like you said VIN stamping could have happened before, how could the dealer have received this car in April (which is what he told me).
If the label is on the tyre, then it means 5th week, not month as Sandeep500 has already pointed out.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks