Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2023, 19:42   #1246
BHPian

Re: Skoda Slavia Review

Has anyone upgraded their tyre size? Tyre change is the first thing on my list post delivery.
sinharishi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2023, 23:47   #1247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Power99 from Hindustan Petroleum.
BTW, there's a new 95 octane petrol available now from HP called Power 95, I got my first full tank and can definitely feel the power delivery difference wrt. 91 octane. Compared to XP95 the engine felt slightly more vocal (dunno if I'm imagining it though).Power 95 is also 50p cheaper than XP95.

On a separate topic, I have suspicions of non COCO IOC pumps in Bangalore selling normal petrol as XP95, had 2 full tanks where the car felt like it was normal petrol and clearly the immediacy upon acceleration was missing, it came right back with Power 95 filled from a COCO HP bunk. I wish they had some distinctive colour added to the petrol so people can be sure of what they are getting.
Game_of_Roads is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th April 2023, 08:29   #1248
BHPian

I filled power 95 for two times from H.P .First tankful was with normal 91 petrol. At normal speeds didn’t feel any difference. In our country until and unless there is difference in colour to distinguish between different ratings there will be lot malpractices. One cannot be 100 percent sure.

Last edited by Sandeep500 : 26th April 2023 at 08:32.
Sandeep500 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 26th April 2023, 12:24   #1249
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game_of_Roads View Post
On a separate topic, I have suspicions of non COCO IOC pumps in Bangalore selling normal petrol as XP95, had 2 full tanks where the car felt like it was normal petrol and clearly the immediacy upon acceleration was missing, it came right back with Power 95 filled from a COCO HP bunk. I wish they had some distinctive colour added to the petrol so people can be sure of what they are getting.
Will check about this with the IOC bunk I have regularly filled at all these days. The owner was really courteous one day and was willing to support if anything was needed. Once I return to Bangalore I will ask them how we could actually differentiate between the fuels. But as far as I am aware, the fuel sumps are separate and since electronic bills are generated now for every fuel filled, it will be caught in audit if the dealer is able to sell more fuel than what they have actually brought from the fuel depot. For example if they are really trying to sell even a bit of normal fuel as XP95, then if they have brought 1000L from the depot, then they will have to show similar quantity as sold and not more than that accounting to some losses.

I should try Power 95 and I am glad we dont have XP95 as the only option since in case IOC or its dealers decided to pull out this product then it would be harmful. IOC has this app which is excellent in showing which bunk has which fuels available. Does HP have the same?
audioholic is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th April 2023, 20:26   #1250
BHPian

Did the PDI today, delivery slated for this weekend.

Skoda Slavia Review-img_3815.jpeg

Skoda Slavia Review-img_3808.jpeg
sinharishi is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 26th April 2023, 20:32   #1251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
Heartiest congratulations Rishi. Finally time has come for you to update from the S-Cross. A great choice.

If you remember we had spoken briefly around 2017-18 regarding the wiring harness issue in my S-Cross. I’m also planning to upgrade but sometime next year and leaning heavily towards the Virtus.

Wish you many many happy miles with the new steed.
gaurav_3000ad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2023, 07:09   #1252

Quote:

Is the 10 inch infotainment screen back on Slavia?
Old 27th April 2023, 10:59   #1253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunabh002 View Post
Is the 10 inch infotainment screen back on Slavia?
It is there on the anniversary edition.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Slavia Review-img20230415wa0011.jpg  

yesyeswe is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th April 2023, 09:00   #1254
BHPian

There seems to be an Android Auto incompatibility between VAG 2.0 8 inch infotainment system and OnePlus 11 (and maybe other OnePlus devices with Android 13. I have reported this on the Android Auto bug below, and looks like the are ~200 others reporting the same.
https://support.google.com/androidau...en-os-13?hl=en

Has anyone got their Android Auto (wired) to work on the OnePlus 11 and the VAG 2.0 quadruplet cars ?
Old 28th April 2023, 10:58   #1255
BHPian

I own a MY19 Skoda Rapid 1.6 MPI AT. A friend of mine has purchased a SLAVIA ambition 1.0TSI AT. It has run 7.5k so far. I had the chance for a quick highway trip from BLR - CHN - BLR with the SLAVIA. My observations from the 800km drive over 12 hours.

Pros :

1. slightly spacious than rapid with respect to back seat, not a huge margin like city but better than rapid.
2. Ground clearance is better than rapid
3. Boot space looks same but takes up the luggage better probably due to slight change in dimensions(and depends the luggage shape too)
4. 1.0 TSI is a hoot to drive and more than enough for our driving condition and in comparison to the other road traffic.
5. Two spoke steering is easy to hold and rest the hand.
6. A pillar intrusion seems to be slightly lesser in comparison to rapid.
7. Power steering is agile and weighs nicely with increase in speed.
8. 5* safety.
9. Touch screen interface is much better and has more option.
10. Paddle shifters.
Cons :

1. Though GNCAP 5*, sheet metal thickness has come down significantly.
2. NVH levels not as good as rapid.
3. Auto on- off is an irritation in heavy traffic and tested my patience in silk board signal.
4. Turbolag gives anxious movements only in particular spots like in 4th gear at cruising speed and need to suddenly overtake a vehicle of similar speed, vehicle does not drop gear to increase the rpm, solution was to drop a gear using paddle shifter and build up the rpms to kick the turbo on.
4. Hyundaiish lifeless steering at low speeds.
5. Fuzzy logic of door opening - may be I am technically challenged
6. Brakes are just sufficient and does not inspire confidence like Rapid.
7. Good years still horrible choice and spoils the ride quality.
8. Suspension is still firm but abosrbs minor undulations better than the rapid.
9. AC touch control is not intuitive and distracts from the road.

Overall, I would prefer to swap my 1.6 MPI with 1.0 TSI, otherwise overall Rapid scores better than Slavia. SKODA has released a car which ticks most boxes for a first time buyer but previous owners will certainly notice the reduced build quality and steering feel. Though I have not driven the 1.5TSI DSG , 1.0 TSI with TQ AT should suffice most use cases in this segment. I would still recommend SLAVIA for the interested friends but might not trade Rapid for Slavia.

Last edited by aadya : 28th April 2023 at 11:00. Reason: additional info
aadya is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th April 2023, 19:33   #1256
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_3000ad View Post

Wish you many many happy miles with the new steed.
I do remember us talking over the phone, thank you for the wishes!

====================

Got her home today, for the first time ever did not take the car to a bunk after delivery as Skoda gave car with half tank of fuel!

The first look:

Skoda Slavia Review-img_3843.jpeg

Lets take her home!

Skoda Slavia Review-img_3844.jpeg

Skoda Slavia Review-img_3866.jpeg

Skoda Slavia Review-img_3875.jpeg

Skoda Slavia Review-img_3883.jpeg

Blessed

Skoda Slavia Review-img_3880.jpeg

Last edited by sinharishi : 28th April 2023 at 19:43.
sinharishi is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 28th April 2023, 19:52   #1257
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Got her home today, for the first time ever did not take the car to a bunk after delivery as Skoda gave car with half tank of fuel!
Congrats! If only I had this color choice when I brought the car I would have gone for it eyes closed. Its a beautiful shade of blue and much better than Crystal Blue IMO. DO consider blacking out the top half of the chrome grille and you will have a mini Octavia with you.
audioholic is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 29th April 2023, 01:14   #1258
BHPian

Quote:
I do remember us talking over the phone, thank you for the wishes!

====================

[b][center]
The first look:

[
That's a beautiful shade on the Slavia! My favorite so far, and it changes shade according to the light around!
any plans of selling your polo?
P. S. half tank of fuel? That's a first!
Old 29th April 2023, 01:23   #1259
BHPian

Hey.

I'm using the tyre size 195/65 R15 for my Slavia Ambition. The above size is for Slavia Active. I wanted a better ride Quality so i downgraded from the Ambition wheel size of 205/55 R16 to the above mentioned size.

The ride became cushy but i had to buy wider rims (6.5J) as compared to the stock 6J. The car though looks muscular with protruding rims, but i feel a certain side to side lateral movement when going over roads that have repair work done.

I wanted to know if that's a normal behaviour of the slavia or is it due to the wider alloys?

Also, can we adjust the dampers for Slavia to make it softer?

Any aftermarket soft suspensions available?

Last edited by dr.aviansh : 29th April 2023 at 01:27.
Old 29th April 2023, 06:48   #1260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game_of_Roads View Post
BTW, there's a new 95 octane petrol available now from HP called Power 95, I got my first full tank and can definitely feel the power delivery difference wrt. 91 octane. Compared to XP95 the engine felt slightly more vocal (dunno if I'm imagining it though).Power 95 is also 50p cheaper than XP95.

Can you please give some information about this Power 95? I never liked IOC and hence always used BP COCO or HP COCO. Is this launched recently and country wide? Earlier HP power petrol was just additive and same octane rating. Is this 95 octane rating confirmed? I will search for this in Chennai.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks