Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2023, 16:40   #1501
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda Slavia Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by punto_ View Post
Yes, it did improve the NVH.
Did it reduce the rattles by any chance? Or is it more obvious now?
Old 19th August 2023, 09:57   #1502
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post
Did it reduce the rattles by any chance? Or is it more obvious now?
No the rattles seem permanent with this car unfortunately. And no difference in rattles on this car.

I genuinely regret selling my Abarth for this.
punto_ is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2023, 16:41   #1503
BHPian

Has anyone changed / upgraded speakers here. Mine is an anniversary edition that came with amp , woofer & speakers but I'm not too happy with the speaker quality. While selling my S cross I had removed my beloved image dynamic speakers and was wondering if I could use them in Slavia. But few installers are claiming they will have to splice the wires which I want to avoid. if nothing works my last report it to buy focal speakers which are a straight plug & play speakers for VW/Skoda cars.

any advice ?
Old 20th August 2023, 21:30   #1504

Hey Folks,
I booked my first car, a Red Slavia 1.0 Style AT last week and this thread was instrumental in making the purchase decision. I went for PDI today, the car was manufactured in May '23 and I noticed some very very minor scratches all over the body. The SA said that this is because the car is yet to be cleaned with a Shampoo, polished and will go away post that. I received an overall discount of around 1.4 Lac on the car after some negotiation. I'm a bit sceptic taking the delivery now, not sure if this is the kind of offer that is too good to be true or if I'm just overthinking it. Is this kind of discount normal for Skoda or could there be something wrong?
Old 21st August 2023, 00:23   #1505
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebook View Post
Hey Folks,
I booked my first car, a Red Slavia 1.0 Style AT last week and this thread was instrumental in making the purchase decision. I went for PDI today, the car was manufactured in May '23 and I noticed some very very minor scratches all over the body. The SA said that this is because the car is yet to be cleaned with a Shampoo, polished and will go away post that. I received an overall discount of around 1.4 Lac on the car after some negotiation. I'm a bit sceptic taking the delivery now, not sure if this is the kind of offer that is too good to be true or if I'm just overthinking it. Is this kind of discount normal for Skoda or could there be something wrong?
Hi,

I have booked a 1.5 dsg Lava Blue Edition. I have also received a discount of around 1.60 lacs. A discount of around 1.5 lacs is what you can get on Slavia these days.

Regarding PDI, I have booked a PDI from Zekardo. They seem to having a detailed PDI checklist and they seem professional. They are a Gurgaon based company and will be soon starting Mumbai operations by end of this month.

I am told that I will get the delivery somewhere in September. I will update once I get the PDI done from Zekardo.

Congrats on your first Car.
AlokSharma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2023, 07:16   #1506

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlokSharma View Post

I have booked a 1.5 dsg Lava Blue Edition.

I have also received a discount of around 1.60 lacs. A discount of around 1.5 lacs is what you can get on Slavia these days.
Thanks for the reassurance and Congrats on your new car as well . I missed adding one thing, the EPC warning light was on during the PDI. I ignored that at the time of inspection but later read that many owners have faced this issue.
bluebook is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2023, 07:25   #1507
BHPian

Quote:
I noticed some very very minor scratches all over the body.
Congratulations on your first car! Regarding the minute scratches, are you referring to the swirl marks due to wiping? From what I've been told, the Red in the Slavia and Kushaq are prone to get these minute scratches very easily when compared to the other colours. A friend of mine has the Red Kushaq and he confirmed the same. He went in for Ceramic Coating and I opted for PPF for the full car.
StripleRider03 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st August 2023, 09:02   #1508
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripleRider03 View Post
Congratulations on your first car! Regarding the minute scratches, are you referring to the swirl marks due to wiping? From what I've been told, the Red in the Slavia and Kushaq are prone to get these minute scratches very easily when compared to the other colours. A friend of mine has the Red Kushaq and he confirmed the same. He went in for Ceramic Coating and I opted for PPF for the full car.
Hi,

If you can share, how much did it cost you for ppf for the whole car and from where did you get it done?

I am also thinking of getting it done, but I am getting a quote of around 1.5 lacs from 3M Navi Mumbai. A good ppf will cost me between 1.25-1.75 lacs I was told, but I find it too expensive

I know there a various advantages to it and we may get to the same cost post doing a detailing every year but parting away with such a huge amount at a go feels like burning a big hole in your pocket.
Old 21st August 2023, 10:44   #1509
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

If you can share, how much did it cost you for ppf for the whole car and from where did you get it done?

I am also thinking of getting it done, but I am getting a quote of around 1.5 lacs from 3M Navi Mumbai. A good ppf will cost me between 1.25-1.75 lacs I was told, but I find it too expensive

I know there a various advantages to it and we may get to the same cost post doing a detailing every year but parting away with such a huge amount at a go feels like burning a big hole in your pocket.
I got my PPF done from Redline Car Care in Bengaluru. Price was around a lakh (got a discount as I know the owner personally). I got my roof blacked out in the process and he coated all the plastics, alloys and the glass areas. I don't have good pictures of it, will update shortly.
StripleRider03 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2023, 11:16   #1510

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripleRider03 View Post
Regarding the minute scratches, are you referring to the swirl marks due to wiping?
Yes, exactly. Is it okay to accept the car with these marks? Since the car has not gone for registration I think I can still ask for a different one.
Old 21st August 2023, 11:37   #1511
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

I have booked a 1.5 dsg Lava Blue Edition. I have also received a discount of around 1.60 lacs. A discount of around 1.5 lacs is what you can get on Slavia these days.
Congrats on your first Car.
Hi Alok
Can you please tell me which dealer is offering such discount on Slavia 1.5 Lava blue edition? I had visited Dr. Auto Skoda showroom in Navi Mumbai around 10 days back and was offered 70k total discount which includes corporate discount. I was told that regular models are being offered with 1.2 lakh discount and due to shortage of special addition less discount is available on it.
Old 21st August 2023, 11:59   #1512
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, exactly. Is it okay to accept the car with these marks? Since the car has not gone for registration I think I can still ask for a different one.
It is bound to happen even if you ask for a new car. My suggestion would be to take delivery and get the car protected with either PPF or Ceramic Coating to retain that shine.
StripleRider03 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2023, 12:09   #1513
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eragon92 View Post
Hi Alok
Can you please tell me which dealer is offering such discount on Slavia 1.5 Lava blue edition? I had visited Dr. Auto Skoda showroom in Navi Mumbai around 10 days back and was offered 70k total discount which includes corporate discount. I was told that regular models are being offered with 1.2 lakh discount and due to shortage of special addition less discount is available on it.

It's Dr Auto itself. Get a quote from other dealership and tell him that you are getting around 1.5 lacs as discount. I have booked through them 7-8 days back.
But I was also given a similar 70-80 k discount at the onset. But then I went to some other dealers for window shopping and was quoted slightly higher discount.

Also do tell them that you are going to look at other dealers and the get the best price and you are going to book one within a week. It will get them on their toes and they should offer a good discount.
AlokSharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2023, 18:35   #1514
BHPian

Hey guys, I am on the verge of booking a slavia. Just have 1 final concern. The dealer quoted me 2 cars. One style 1.5 AT and another style 1.5 AT (OB).

He said that some emission norms came out and they have a month until they can register the older emission vehicle. So they're calling it OB and he said it is no different from the new ones other than some petrol emission compliance.

However, they're offering juicy discounts of close to 1 lac on the OBD1 model. Shall I go for that one or do I get the most latest OBD2 one?

Last edited by rahul_jo : 21st August 2023 at 18:37.
Old 21st August 2023, 19:13   #1515

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_jo View Post
However, they're offering juicy discounts of close to 1 lac on the OBD1 model. Shall I go for that one or do I get the most latest OBD2 one?
In addition to the emission changes, OBD2 vehicles will also support E20 Petrol.

Regarding the discount, Skoda dealerships are offering 1 Lac+ discount on OBD2 models as well so you can try and negotiate further.
bluebook is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks