No, he means he got a total discount of ₹1.45 Lakh
eragon92 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2023, 19:34   #1487
BHPian

Re: Skoda Slavia Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer... View Post
Did you get discount of ~3 lakhs?
1.45 Lakhs to be precise from ex-showroom price. On top of that they arranged 3 accessories (floor mats, mud flaps and rear window sunscreen) for free. I managed to add return to invoice and rodent protection cover over the insurance premium (Royal Sundaram). I tried for HDFC ergo but the sales person adviced to go with Royal Sundaram for better claim percentage.

Breakdown:

Engine trim discount: 25000
Exchange Bonus: 60000
Corporate discount: 60000

I tried my best for free seat cover but couldn't pull through it. The sales advisor particularly mentioned this as monsoon discount. I am not sure if these discounts still apply.
Guppy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2023, 21:48   #1488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppy View Post
I took delivery of my Slavia 1.5 MT Ambition last week. If I remember correctly, there were variant specific discounts going on for the month of July. The 1.0 TSI models got 10k and 1.5 TSI got 25k discounts respectively. I'm not sure about the 1.0 TSI trim discounts. I got 25k discount for my 1.5 MT.

They were providing corporate discounts of 60k and exchange bonus of 60k. Then again, I remember these were different inbetween the two engine trims. On insurance, there is a wiggle room for matching quotes from outside.
Whether discount is available for Kushaq Ambition 1.5 MT also? Whether this is Perungudi?

Also how is the AC?
Old 2nd August 2023, 22:45   #1489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VRSriram View Post
Whether discount is available for Kushaq Ambition 1.5 MT also? Whether this is Perungudi?

Also how is the AC?
I took delivery of my car over at Gurudev Skoda, Ambattur Industrial Estate.

The discounts were the same for kushaq/Slavia 1.5 at the time of my booking. Then again, I'm not sure if this applies now. Kindly do contact the dealership for the same. My booking was done on 13th of July and vehicle was delivered on July 28.

With regard to the AC, it is alright. Not the best. The temperature was 37°C at the time of delivery. My family mentioned that the AC was not bad. Having owned a Punto Diesel for 10 years, it is definitely a downgrade in terms of cooling. I straight away dropped the car over for ceramic coating and sunfilm.

Prior to delivery, I sourced a VCDS cable. I'm planning to do the auto HVAC tweak as soon I get my car. This has been extensively documented by BHPian audioholic.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ml#post5383426 (VCDS tweaks for Skoda / Volkswagen MQB A0 IN platform cars)

This tweak considerably improves the cooling. Hoping to get the same results post the tweak.
Old 6th August 2023, 17:41   #1490
BHPian

Hey all, I wanted to share my honest thoughts regarding my experience with my Slavia 1.0 Style AT which I purchased 15 months ago.

Before Slavia I had owned Punto D for 10 years and Abarth for 15 months. I loved the Abarth and wanted to keep her forever. However, driving it in city most of the time, made me want to switch to an automatic. ESP after my company expected WFO only, it made it more difficult to drive in city in chaotic traffic. My left leg started asking for mercy.

Slavia released just in time and it was a love at first sight and though I wanted to go for the 1.5 DSG, I settled for the 1 ltr mainly due to the additional cost and also longer wait time back then for the 1.5 DSG.

Pulled the plug and booked it and it was delivered in 5 days. I have clocked 19600+ kms in it so far.

First the positives:
  • Blissfully quick shifting automatic
  • Builds up speed quickly, esp fun to drive in city
  • Even though it’s a longer car, much more easier to drive in city due to the lighter steering
  • Good ground clearance makes it easier to drive in bad roads
  • Holds the line fine if we don’t push the car (Punto D does way better than Slavia in this department)
  • Straight line stability is great
  • Great front seats, even after 800+ kms drives in a day, never felt uncomfortable
  • Wireless CarPlay, Ventilated seats are a bliss
  • Knew the car is well built esp related to safety and a 5* rating is just a good reassurance!

Coming to the negatives:
  • AC - damn it’s bad, unless I keep it under 22 there’s no real cooling. In summers, I use Low setting
  • While ventilated seats are good, they are very noisy
  • Noisy 1 ltr engine!
  • Coming from Punto and Abarth I miss the steering feedback and cornering ability
  • Back seat though spacious, can’t seat 3 esp due to the seat shape.
  • Noisy window rolling motor and turn indicators!

Worse part of this car:
RATTLES. Within 3 months of owning it, the car started rattling. I have sent it to service center 4 times just to get this resolved and it came back even worse than before everytime. For a car that costs close to 20L it’s not forgivable at all. I absolutely hate it and esp if the car is parked under sun for an hour, it feels like a cheap metal box with coins!
I almost feel like selling the car for this reason alone!

I can’t imagine how this can be this worse! My 10 year old Punto D didn’t rattle this bad!

I just don’t understand if it’s just my car or all of them are this worse! Any suggestions to fix this issue are welcome.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Slavia Review-img_2214.jpeg  

Last edited by punto_ : 6th August 2023 at 17:58.
punto_ is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 7th August 2023, 19:39   #1491
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppy View Post

Prior to delivery, I sourced a VCDS cable. I'm planning to do the auto HVAC tweak as soon I get my car. This has been extensively documented by BHPian audioholic.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ml#post5383426 (VCDS tweaks for Skoda / Volkswagen MQB A0 IN platform cars)

This tweak considerably improves the cooling. Hoping to get the same results post the tweak.
Can we do this with the OBD11 device? I purchased this a couple of months back and tried a couple of tweaks, but didn’t find them useful and couple of them didn’t work at all.
https://obdeleven.com/products/nextgen-obdeleven-device
Old 7th August 2023, 20:47   #1492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by punto_ View Post
...Worse part of this car:
RATTLES. Within 3 months of owning it, the car started rattling.
========
I just don’t understand if it’s just my car or all of them are this worse! Any suggestions to fix this issue are welcome.
I could not agree more. I come from Polo and am a seasoned DIYer, had to open side panel to hard-wire dashcam and immediately noticed the sub-standard panel cover, nowhere close to the quality Polo had.

While doing this, noticed 10s more thing, made of filmy material.

On top, the glossly piano black panels are so bad that they get scratched with microfiber cloth wiping, this was not expected from a car costing 20L+.
durvient is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th August 2023, 14:49   #1493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VRSriram View Post
When I enquired for 1.0 Version recently , there were good discounts going on. There is 5 GM Gold coin (which can be also converted as cash discount) with every purchase till August 15th.
VigneshMC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2023, 20:53   #1494
BHPian

Quote:
Can we do this with the OBD11 device? I purchased this a couple of months back and tried a couple of tweaks, but didn’t find them useful and couple of them didn’t work at all.
https://obdeleven.com/products/nextgen-obdeleven-device
It is possible with the PRO PLAN subscription. I am facing issues with my VCDS Clone. Meanwhile, BHPian thirdmainroad helped me with the AC and few more tweaks with his OBD11.

Pro plan subscription lets you configure adaptions and longcoding.
Old 8th August 2023, 21:06   #1495
BHPian

Hello everyone,

I have some exciting news to share! After careful thought and consideration, I'm thrilled to let you know that we've chosen the Skoda Slavia as our new car. We took our time to think about our options, and we believe that the Skoda Slavia is the perfect fit for us. The beautiful Lava Blue colour adds an extra touch of elegance. It's been about 3 months since we got the car, and we've also got ceramic coating and PPF done, to keep it looking its best. The 1.5 TSI engine is incredibly smooth and impressive. We've already driven 2,000 kilometres and enjoyed every moment. I'm eagerly looking forward to sharing my upcoming experiences and memorable journeys with the Skoda Slavia. Keep an eye out, as I'll soon be posting a detailed ownership review on Team-BHP.

Here are a few pics of the beauty:

Skoda Slavia Review-slavia-pic-21.jpg

Skoda Slavia Review-slavia-pic-16.jpg

Skoda Slavia Review-slavia-pic-14.jpg
MotorDev is offline   (30) Thanks
Old 10th August 2023, 18:15   #1496
BHPian

Got the damping work done today for the doors.

I was never able to play music above 12 without the doors vibrate along the way with the speakers! Now after getting the damping work done, music sounds way better and also the noise from the window motor reduced to acceptable levels. Overall heft of the door and the outside noise has come down as well. This mod is highly recommended!
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Slavia Review-img_7772.jpeg  

Skoda Slavia Review-img_7774.jpeg  

Skoda Slavia Review-img_7776.jpeg  

punto_ is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 17th August 2023, 00:19   #1497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_jo View Post
So it's been 9 months since Slavia launched. Just wondering if anyone faced any issues with the 1.5 DSG?

I noticed that they introduced some lag whenever you put your foot down. Don't know if that has anything to do with past DSG failures.

However, I am still interested to know, how have things been going with this gearbox on the slavia.
Okay. So now it has been close to 2 years since the launch. I don't think I've seen a buyer complaining about DSG issues/failure.

Would it be fair to say that they did in some way fix the DSG failure issue?

I did notice that they introduced a massive lag when you launch. I was told that this was deliberately done to protect the gearbox.
rahul_jo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th August 2023, 08:56   #1498
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_jo View Post
Would it be fair to say that they did in some way fix the DSG failure issue?

I did notice that they introduced a massive lag when you launch. I was told that this was deliberately done to protect the gearbox.
DSG failures are just overhyped to the extent that the technicalities are totally forgotten and everyone just mention about DSG failure just because someone else mentioned about it just because someone else posted about it.

I'm not disagreeing on the reliability of these gearboxes nor do I want to overlook the history. All I want to say is we should understand the background and technicalities first before drawing both positive or negative conclusions. Yes the MQB cars have completed almost two years in the market and there are no mass failures reported except an incident or two. However, the DQ200 was never a gearbox that would fail randomly. The mechatronic unit is reliable and is a sealed unit. Failure would happen over age and abuse since it's a electro-hydraulic-mechanical unit. So the more it is put to use in harsh conditions with frequent shifts, it would develop issues within the mechatronic.

The other issue is with the wear of the clutch pack. Thats again for people who regularly drive in have traffic. This can't be blamed on the transmission. Now, there are some steps taken to avoid excessive clutch wear, but the results will only be seen in a much longer time window. Typically the high mileage cars as of today would have raked in highway mileage. Those cars will be perfect. Those who mainly use it in traffic would take some more time to reach say 50-60k kms. Based on that we can gauge the reliability.

Until then it's pointless to draw both positive and negative conclusions about the DSG. I believe on an average the earlier DQ200 on the Polo and Vento would need clutch replacement around 60-80k kms. Let's see how long the MQB cars would last.
audioholic is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 18th August 2023, 07:41   #1499

Quote:
Got the damping work done today for the doors.

I was never able to play music above 12 without the doors vibrate along the way with the speakers! Now after getting the damping work done, music sounds way better and also the noise from the window motor reduced to acceptable levels. Overall heft of the door and the outside noise has come down as well. This mod is highly recommended!
Wow, has it improved NVH? I wanted to do this but was unsure as I hadn't heard that many people around doing it.
Old 18th August 2023, 16:25   #1500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZedXPro95 View Post
Wow, has it improved NVH? I wanted to do this but was unsure as I hadn't heard that many people around doing it.
Yes, it did improve the NVH.

I asked the installer if it will be beneficial to install this under the hood, he said it won’t make much difference.
punto_ is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks