Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2022, 13:06   #196
BHPian

Re: Citroen C3 Review

In India new brands sell if they offer something that's not available in the same segment or they just do something better that the customers want.

Hector came with a kitchen sink of gizmos, sunroof and sunroof.. Even failing brand like Nissan did well with absolute vfm package in Magnite.

This car is lacking loads of things that the other cars are offering. Just because this is 30-40k cheaper it won't cut it in the market.
vellatechie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2022, 13:10   #197
BHPian

I don't think they have priced it irresistibly because the pricing was the key to make this and the company work in India as opposed to someone like Mahindra which is offering irresistible products at irresistible prices.
It already makes some very serious and stupid compromises in its features and packaging, with the Turbo around 9 Lakhs on road, why would one not pick up the superior and more substantial and bigger Magnite or Kiger, or stretch their budget for the Venue/Sonet and if Turbo power is not important the Lower variants of Brezza (better equipped in certain ways to this), then if one wants to look at hatchbacks, there are safe bets like Baleno, Swift and even i20, their 4 cylinder engines are super refined, very efficient and Quite Peppy. Such is the lack of excitement for this as an overall package that unlike most people in India who don't have any Citroen dealership nearby, I have one at walking distance from my home but never bothered to check it out despite being in the market to buy car in that range, which is a shame because this car being in this segment and the brand had tremendous potential to make a strong stir in the market, in the likes of Kia and MG, but I guess, the MBAs at Citroen are not very good at making a strong business case.

Last edited by Rocketscience : 21st July 2022 at 13:12.
Rocketscience is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st July 2022, 13:47   #198
KPR
BANNED

Barring manual ORVM, day-night manual adjustment, alloy wheels NA variants of C3 Live and Feel are pitching against Ignis Sigma and Zeta MT variants respectively. I think Citroen will put alloy wheels at no extra cost to Feel NA variant to match with competition. Still Ignis is cheaper by 30k (ex showroom) for both Sigma and Zeta variants with an excellent 4 cylinder engine. But C3 has good suspension, good steering feedback, looks better than an Ignis and perceived good build(?). Can 3 cylinder NA of Citroen be better and troublefree than 4 cylinder gem of MS? Tata Punch has a boring/mediocre engine here but a stupendous safety build.

Last edited by KPR : 21st July 2022 at 13:49.
KPR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2022, 15:26   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPR View Post
Can 3 cylinder NA of Citroen be better and troublefree than 4 cylinder gem of MS? Tata Punch has a boring/mediocre engine here but a stupendous safety build.
Ignis however good/bad it may be is a product that is now over 5 years old and almost at the end of its lifecycle. Better to buy any recently launched product like punch or Citroen is what I feel. On a parallel note I am looking forward to if/ if at all / when maruti is going to update ignis/ ciaz with dual jet and other new age stuff. My honest thought is maruti will be phasing out the ignis when the 6 air ag regulation comes in.

Last edited by Aditya : 21st July 2022 at 18:40. Reason: Quote tag fixed
Old 21st July 2022, 15:58   #200
BHPian

Spotted this camouflaged test mule today on MG Road in Bangalore.
Citroen C3 Review-c3_1.jpg

Citroen C3 Review-c3_2.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 21st July 2022 at 18:40. Reason: Spacing
rahulcmoulee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2022, 16:50   #201
BHPian

Probably C3 EV?

Citroēn should've gone with at least a torque converter Automatic from the day 1. The Turbo engine mated to an AT would've made this an ideal car for city drives.
jaaz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2022, 17:10   #202
BHPian

This is a rare breed of car, the turbo atleast, that seems to be aimed squarely at the enthusiasts. I would buy the turbo, but i can't say whether this will be a successful product. The Indian mass Market has cruelly put down ol earlier cars with the same formula. It'll be interesting to see how would the turbo do commercially.
Old 21st July 2022, 17:47   #203
BHPian

Received the On-road pricing (Bangalore, KA) and the Sales Brochure from the SA who sold us the C5 !!!

[ATTACH=New C3 Price list- revised - July'22.pdf]2336957[/ATTACH]

The Top end Model on the Turbo nearly touching Rs.10 Lakhs on road here in Karnataka.

[ATTACH=New Citroën C3_Product E-Brochure.pdf]2336958[/ATTACH]
Attached Files
File Type: pdf New C3 Price list- revised - July'22.pdf (629.2 KB, 462 views)
File Type: pdf New Citroën C3_Product E-Brochure.pdf (7.08 MB, 477 views)
SRISRI_90 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2022, 17:51   #204
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuldeep31 View Post
The pricing looks okayish to me but I was expecting the top-end turbo not to cross the 8.5 mark otr. This is because the 1.2 turbo Feel variant is not a true top-end of C3. Compared with the competition, around one dozen features are missing from this variant, some of which are deal breakers in 2022. In order to accommodate these features + an auto gb the true top end will touch the ~11 mark otr if and when it is launched............. If I were in the market for a car, C3 ticks most of the boxes. I would wait for the true top-end. The nearest dealership is approximately 25 kms from my location and I must say I am happy about that.
Regards
You've put the whole thing in a nutshell very well. I would be tempted too to opt for the true top-end if I were in the market. But being firmly in the RWD/AWD corner, I'd have to decline regretfully. Citroen have been setting the bench-mark for ride and handling (with their hydro-pneumatic suspension) for decades. If Citroen offered AWD/4WD in India as they have been doing in other markets (specially their current WRC models which have performed very well, with frequent podium finishes), enthusiasts in India would have a field day!
shashanka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2022, 18:32   #205
BHPian

I would like to see a head to head comparison between punch and C3. Something tells me we could expect such comparision videos in upcoming days.
Gautham_v6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2022, 18:36   #206
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashanka View Post
But being firmly in the RWD/AWD corner, I'd have to decline regretfully. Citroen have been setting the bench-mark for ride and handling (with their hydro-pneumatic suspension) for decades. If Citroen offered AWD/4WD in India...
The French have been notoriously anti RWD for God knows what reason.

Some of their vans even have their parking brakes working on the front wheels!!!
DicKy is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 21st July 2022, 19:01   #207
Senior - BHPian

While everyone is focusing on the alloy wheels that are being given free, I am in love with these wheel caps. Even Citroen brochure has photos of the C3 sporting these wheel caps instead of the alloys.

I had trashed C3 in my previous post in this thread. If Citroen maintains this price for atleast 12-18 months, I would be happy to say its a VFM product despite the features list. Any further hike in prices would make it a bit overpriced in my opinion.

Citroen C3 Review-ce1e8fd04d544740b75defd2d99464b0.jpeg
PaddleShifter is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st July 2022, 22:06   #208
Senior - BHPian

It's time Stellantis/Citroen India stepped in to rein in their dealers.
I just received the price breakup for Calcutta and the anomalies are many. Take a look at the insurance amount.

Insurance charges, at Rs 49,000 for the top end Turbo 1.2Petrol is extremely high, even if you consider bumper to bumper 1+3 year comprehensive insurance cover on an ex-showroom of Rs 805,000. If you do not believe what i say, just take a parallel quote from any PSU or private insurer and see fir yourself.

And 10,000 as handling charges?
Transportation cost is part of ex-showroom price built in by EVERY manufacturer in India. What are the dealers here trying to say?
The Rs 10,000 that the dealer is charging is purely dealer "pocket expense" for Stockyard to Dealership to RTO to Showroom transport costs etc. And the alarming thing is this charge is included in the official price list, so one can safely assume it has the blessings and tacit approval of Citroen India.

Does Citroen think that we have never purchased new cars before?

Don't do this Citroen. You have a genuinely good product. Do not ruin your brand equity, reputation and a chance to win in the market due to the sheer avarice of you & your Dealers.
Please ask your Dealer Development department to step in and take remedial measures.

It is not the 1990's any more. The Indian passenger car market has cut throat competition. And it's fair share of wounded, bruised and vanquished OEM's. Ask Fiat, GM, Ford or for that matter your own sister company, Peugeot.

I seriously hope PSA India sets these straight. These are not healthy signs for a new brand trying to get a foothold in the Indian mass market.

Dealers can make or break a brand, company and its product/s, (just ask Nissan about it's Hover Automotive retail days), and it is in every manufacturers own interest to establish well entrenched sales process to have a fair and transparent customer retail experience.

Citroen India, i hope you are listening.
Attached Thumbnails
Citroen C3 Review-screenshot_20220721213850736.png  

Last edited by arjab : 21st July 2022 at 22:07.
arjab is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st July 2022, 22:10   #209
BHPian

The prices are bang on! I hope Citroen finds success with their mass market product. However, i reckon they need to increase the number of dealerships as soon as possible for the consumers to be aware about the brand first of all. The car has really impressed me with it's promise of a spacious cabin, excellent ride quality and 190Nm from it's turbo petrol. Lacking adjustable headrest all round is a downer for me though.
Old 21st July 2022, 22:23   #210
Senior - BHPian

There's no reason for the C3 succeed with it's bare bones basic interiors, lack of features and an automatic option. People would be better of with a Maruti and Hyundai for some semblance of refinement in the interiors. European manufacturers reserve these so called bare bones basic interiors for the Indian market which invariably has seen better stuff from the Japs and Koreans. This "take it or leave it" attitude especially in the mass market segment of the European car makers causes them to fold and scram from the Indian market sooner or later.
Durango Dude is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed