Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2022, 00:41   #301

Re: Citroen C3 Review

Hi, took delivery of one of the first C3 turbo for the south of Kerala(cochin showroom) and to date have clocked about 3500kms.
The car has done a few highway runs, a trip to Coorg via the ghats and a couple of trip through the estate. Over all its been a pleasant drive and yes as stated by most in this thread a sensational suspension setup that eats potholes and bad patches like no other.
The performance has been exceptional although you feel a little apprehensive taking it aggressively around corners as the brakes aren't confidence inspiring but for a easy drive it does the job well. That's in the mountains. On the plains it's smooth. Overtakes come easy and you get the requisite power with just a tap on the accelerator.
All.said and done it's a pretty impressive package with a few niggles that needs sorting. Do any of the other turbo owners face these issues?
1. Water being splashed out of the top corner of the top DRL and the bumper joint. Citroen says they are looking into it. Hopefully there will be a solution.

2. Driver side wiper bottom part just smudges the water instead of cleaning. Been through three sets of wipers still no solution. Now on the fourth hopefully it's just a wiper issue as communicated by the service center manager.
3. Comes with just one reverse light that's hardly brighter than a candle making it absolutely useless when driven through a good distance in the rain or in really poor lit conditions. Has anyone managed to fix another bulb in the right tail light reverse bulb slot? Would love to hear how you had fixed the issue.
Hopefully the reverse camera ordered will be delivered soon, it's one way to solve the issue but still would be an issue in dark areas post a wet drive.
4. DRL fogging up. Citroen says that if the mist goes off when the car is on for 20 minutes it's okay. At times this is beyond 20minutes but when taken to the service center its.under 20 minutes.
5. Entertainment system hangs a bit too frequently. Switch off the car for a few hours and it return to normal. Has happened a few times, with both Android and carplay connected.
6. The horn of the car needs a little more volume as the current OEM hardly is heard over the roar of the city, that's Cochin, wonder what it would be in a more busy city?

Barring the above till date no mechanical issues.

The car is giving a steady 15-15.5kmpl in the city and around 16-18 on the highway runs. An enthusiastic drive on one of the highway drive returned a 13kmpl figure, but u need to put up with the constant beeps that's the new regulation apparently has made mandatory.

Has anyone upsized their tyre to the next digit or fixed other alloys on their turbo, read a few comments saying that an upsize would plant the car firmer on the tarmac? If not an upsize has anyone upgraded to an alloy that not from Citroen as the designs they have aren't very appealing.
Wiley Coyote is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2022, 09:59   #302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiley Coyote View Post
All.said and done it's a pretty impressive package with a few niggles that needs sorting. Do any of the other turbo owners face these issues?
I also own a C3 Turbo and would like to comment on the issues.

1. Water being splashed out of the top corner of the top DRL and the bumper joint - This is a common issue with C3 and doesnt look major, there should be a easy fix from Citroen. I have fixed engine guard which closes some open areas, but I dont know if this will solve this issue, need to check.
2. Driver side wiper bottom part just smudges the water instead of cleaning - I dont see this issue and I have not seen this issue with other owners as well might be a specific issue
3. Only one reverse light - Standard feature/cost cutting but it is common
4. DRL fogging up - Not faced this issue
5. Entertainment system hangs a bit too frequently - I dont see this issue, some times my android auto would disconnect and connect back within seconds but never hanged. Software upgrade might help just check with SC
6. Horn volume is low - For me if feels fine, you might need an upgrade based on your usage.

I have upgraded to OEM alloys and have installed reverse camera which is of decent quality and it really helps..

Last edited by skpprabhu : 22nd November 2022 at 10:09.
skpprabhu is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th November 2022, 19:08   #303
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Cochin citroen showroom was open today (sunday) so we went there and took another test drive of the c3 turbo. The sales executive we met yesterday was on leave but she arranged for her colleague to take our booking on her behalf. There seems to be new citroen dealership coming up at trivandrum in the next couple of months as told by the executive.

I was solely looking at AT options only but this little unplanned deviation towards c3 made me consider MT options and i'm off the AT train now, now anything goes AT/MT. This is has opened a lot op options for me new and used! If the wait is too long might think of other options.
I have backed off from the purchase of C3 Turbo. While the power delivery and ride was good I don't think it will suit me in the long run due to a mix of personal and technical reasons. Manual transmission isn't one of the reasons, C3's replacement is another manual transmission car.

Citroen C3 Review-c3_feelturbo.jpeg
Old 29th November 2022, 23:33   #304
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
I have backed off from the purchase of C3 Turbo. While the power delivery and ride was good I don't think it will suit me in the long run due to a mix of personal and technical reasons. Manual transmission isn't one of the reasons, C3's replacement is another manual transmission car.

Attachment 2384827
Please share your reasoning with the rest of us. I'm looking to pick up the C3 soon and maybe you can give some insight on issues I might have overlooked
Old 4th December 2022, 20:26   #305

What I felt issue with Android auto was that sometimes it's not able to establish the wifi connection hence it's not working. The vehicle needs to be turned off for around half an hour for it to work again. Also one time restarting the phone seems to do the job. Unfortunately my wired Android auto doesn't work. Maybe the cable is faulty didn't try to experiment
Old 28th December 2022, 16:45   #306
Senior - BHPian

How many of the missing features are really deal breakers?
1. Electrically adjustable ORVM - Manual adjust works fine for me, I never adjust the mirror angle when the car is moving anyway. It saves me a couple of thousands during replacement as well.
2. Rear de-fogger - I have had cars with and without rear defogger. I feel that switching on the AC generally prevents rear wind shield from fogging up.
3. Rear wiper - never used, never felt the need in a hatchback, especially since most rear wipers have a miniscule wipe area. Is it a feature so commonly available in today's cars to call it missing in C3?
4. Rear Camera - would have been added convenience, probably a welcome addition for top variant (assuming some people prefer factory fit rather than an after market one).

I think the initial 'youtube' reviewers were hunting for points (both negative and positive), hence this was given wide publicity, which is a bit harsh on an otherwise mechanically good car.
jinojohnt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2022, 17:18   #307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinojohnt View Post
I think the initial 'Youtube' reviewers were hunting for points (both negative and positive), hence this was given wide publicity, which is a bit harsh on an otherwise mechanically good car.
Well you need to remember that in the C3, even the top variant doesn't get these features. Other manufacturers like Tata, Hyundai have been bashed on the forum for giving a missing to these features on some of the lower variants.

Also, manufacturers like Nissan got some praise for including some of them on all variants of Magnite (not sure if it's still the case now).
JithinR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2022, 19:47   #308
Senior - BHPian

Precisely my point.
Below are the ways by which manufacturers try to define variants that justify the increased price.
1. Engine - larger or turbo engines in higher variants
2. Transmission - 5 speed to 6 speed manual, AMT (lower variants)/DCT/TC/CVT (higher variants)
3. Features - The most (ab)used differentiator. We are flooded by features in higher variants, and some of those are just additions to create a perception rather than usefulness. We are forced into believing that a car is good only if it's laden with features irrespective of whether we use them - Rain sensing wipers, one touch auto down for passenger window, auto folding mirror, etc.
Nevertheless I respect your opinion, peace.

Last edited by jinojohnt : 28th December 2022 at 19:58.
Old 2nd January 2023, 12:39   #309

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick_1662 View Post
HaHa!! Well put.
Thank you for your responses, I will update once I have a decision :P
After much contemplation, we decided to go with Nexon XM .. mainly due to the extra space and proven safety rating .. It was a very tough choice between this and the C3. Thank you everyone for your inputs..
Old 28th January 2023, 15:11   #310
BHPian

We have been seriously contemplating C3 as a city car that my wife and I can drive around. Finally, we did a test drive of both Turbo and NA back to back and wanted to pick up one of them, even though we were aware of the long list of missing features.
Contrary to what I have read in multiple reviews, I found the gear lever of NA easier to operate than the one in Turbo. I was driving it within the city for 3-4 km and could not accelerate beyond 60 kmph. At these speeds, I liked the drivability of NA better.
When my wife took the driver seat, she instantly liked the easy ingress and higher seating. She then tried to reach the left side ORVM lever to adjust it for her viewing angle. It was a big stretch for her to adjust it. As someone who is used to electrically operated ORVM for more than a decade, I thought it will be super annoying for her, whenever she takes the car out for a drive.

On the way back home, we decided to give up the idea of owning a C3 in its current avatar.

It is a shame that a car that does so well in terms of looks, build, engine, ride and handling lacks some of the most basic and essential features. How I wish Citroen introduces a higher variant that covers the essential features -- electrically operated and foldable ORVM, reverse parking parking camera and rear wiper along with a day/night IRVM.
venus1975 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2023, 15:18   #311
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinojohnt View Post
How many of the missing features are really deal breakers?
1. Electrically adjustable ORVM - Manual adjust works fine for me, I never adjust the mirror angle when the car is moving anyway. It saves me a couple of thousands during replacement as well.
2. Rear de-fogger - I have had cars with and without rear defogger. I feel that switching on the AC generally prevents rear wind shield from fogging up.
3. Rear wiper - never used, never felt the need in a hatchback, especially since most rear wipers have a miniscule wipe area. Is it a feature so commonly available in today's cars to call it missing in C3?
4. Rear Camera - would have been added convenience, probably a welcome addition for top variant (assuming some people prefer factory fit rather than an after market one).
Agree with 1. and 4., disagree with 2. and 3. It might depend on weather and driving conditions but rear defogger and wash/wipe are extremely useful in muddy rainy weather that we get for around 3-4 months per year.
McLaren Rulez is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2023, 12:58   #312
BHPian

This is my first post on team bhp. Thanks moderators for adding me in.

I have noticed Citreon C3 (NA) has a maximum speed limit of 147 in speedometer (140 real speed may be as India has regulation of showign 5% extra speed).
Other new cars in india too has this kind of speed limit or this is Citreon C3 specific?
Old 21st February 2023, 13:14   #313

My C3 is two months old and i love it to bits, in Mumbai it's an ace car to zip in and out of traffic .
I had shortlisted the Magnite and the C3 as fantastic driving cars after test driving the entire hatchback range.
Citroen itself has given me for the first time for all the cars i have owned in Mumbai over the last thirty years a zero bill for first service, that alone requires a pat on the back in my books.
Dr Carlton Pere is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th February 2023, 10:52   #314
BANNED

I have been a proud owner of a Citroen C3 Live Natural Aspirated variant since September 2022, and I have already completed 7300 Km drive, including highway and city rides. Overall, I am quite satisfied with my purchase and would like to share my experience with others.

One of the most notable aspects of the Citroen C3 is its mileage, which varies from 12 to 24 depending on driving conditions and traffic. Although the variation in mileage is noticeable, it is still impressive given the car's size and engine capacity.

The engine sound of the car is louder outside, but inside the cabin, it is quite comfortable. This is a great feature as it ensures a smooth and peaceful ride for the passengers.

In terms of performance, I am quite satisfied with the Citroen C3. The car's acceleration is good enough for me, and it handles well on the roads. The breaking system is efficient, especially in high-speed and low-speed situations, thanks to the ABS system.

Initially, the gear shifting was a bit hard, but it has since become smoother and easier. This has made the driving experience even better.

One of the most impressive aspects of the Citroen C3 is its suspension system, which is remarkable for a car in this price range. The suspension is so good that it makes the ride feel almost effortless, even on rough roads.

Overall, my experience with the Citroen C3 has been great, and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a small car with impressive performance, great mileage, and comfortable driving experience

_______ ISSUE______

there are some issue already discussed in the thread. recently after driving 6 months I have recently noticed that a particular part of my car has begun to rust, which is causing me great concern. I have noticed that the rust has been spreading quickly and is now becoming increasingly visible. This is not only unsightly, but it is also a serious safety concern, as rust can weaken the structural integrity of the car and compromise its overall safety.
Attached Thumbnails
Citroen C3 Review-photo_20230227_101821.jpg  

Citroen C3 Review-photo_20230227_101817.jpg  

nsaini10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th March 2023, 20:11   #315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Citroen C3 Automatic top-end spied; to get more features and launch likely by year-end.

Link
Do we have an update on this version being available soon or any news on true top variant for C3 ?
Having test driven the car, have been holding purchase since some months for an automatic avatar. Showroom folks have no information.

Citroen Team atleast give it as an option in name of configurator, let a user create a pseudo top model if you are unwilling to give one directly. What do they have to lose ?
Ps_o is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks