Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2022, 10:25   #241
BHPian

Re: Citroen C3 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayc123 View Post
Another query regarding the C3 clutch. Is it softer compared to the Taigun/Kushaq?
The clutch has same travel, but is a tad harder than Taigun/Kushaq.
vagman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2022, 15:00   #242
BHPian

Finally, after the typical back and forth between dealer senior SA / junior SA and getting Citroen India involved through Twitter was able to get the test drive for C3 Turbo, and it was worth messaging back and forth.

Driving in Mumbai suburbs is like old-school car racing video games, STOP - GO - STOP -STOP - ACCELERATE - GO - STOP - THINK WHAT to do next.

Drive an effortless 2012 Altis AT, and it's a beauty, so was in the market for a second smaller city car (the previous one was Etios Liva TRD Sportivo). The C3 Turbo, with the exception of the reverse camera on screen, electric ORVM and HUGE miss AT is the complete package. (Visibility, AC, Infotainment MOST important drive quality and pick up on demand)

First-time buyers will enjoy this like my generation has enjoyed driving the Maruti Zen around city traffic and highways.

Second-car buyers will feel satisfied with the look, drive quality and proportionate body and cabin space.

Bored buyers who don't want to spend a bomb and are tired of MSIL and Tata are in for a surprise this has it all to be your buy.

All reviewers / paid influencers have great things to say about this, which made me a little sceptical, but this does deserve the praise and attention.

All the best, Citroen India sincerely hope you guys hit the correct numbers to keep going and releasing better products.

Other vehicles being considered -
Hyrder UC Hybrid - (waiting for a test drive.)
VAG twins - beautiful, BUT the 1.5 TSI AT was a massive letdown in city driving. Personally, they felt enjoyable only at higher speeds, and the AC was a huge letdown.

Last edited by navin : 28th July 2022 at 16:46. Reason: several, and I mean several spelling and grammatical errors.
mave547 is offline   (6) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 28th July 2022, 15:41   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mave547 View Post

Finally after the typical back and forth between dealer senior SA / junior SA and getting Citroen India involved through Twitter was able to get the test drive for C3 Turbo and it was worth messaging back and forth.
You appear to have enjoyed the go-cart like ride of the C3.

Can you comment on the NHV, clutch hardness and turbo lag? We already have some feedback on these questions, but a request for another opinion.
Old 28th July 2022, 16:18   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayc123 View Post
You appear to have enjoyed the go-cart like ride of the C3.

Can you comment on the NHV, clutch hardness and turbo lag? We already have some feedback on these questions, but a request for another opinion.
Turbo lag is way lesser at lower speeds also as compared to other turbo engines practically non existent. (One of the main reasons I didn't feel like spending the big ones on an MG Astor / VAG Twins).

Drive a friends KWID regularly and this is in a different league. Cannot hear the revving like in a Maruti Celerio AMT. Vibrations are non existent extremely refined.
Clutch personally feels a little harder then should have been for a smooth sailing ride, but feels sturdy.

Did not push the brakes, but for a TD vehicle with only 2k kms, the brakes weren't doing an exceptional job. It didn't stop the car the way I would have wanted but that could just be a TD niggle.

Also in one of the online reviews the reviewer mentioned about getting used to the clutch, they were spot on. It has a bit of a learning curve to explore the full potential of the car.

Last edited by Rehaan : 28th July 2022 at 16:29. Reason: Minor formatting fixed. Please don't use spaces before punctuation marks.
mave547 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th July 2022, 15:40   #245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
Wonder if the marketing team can play this up to their advantage, like you mentioned
I doubt. I had the experience of visiting Citroen dealerships in Chennai and Calcutta. The Chennai dealer was quite poor. Very polite and welcoming but when it came to product knowledge, the gent was "hemming and haawing" all over the place. Chennai dealer could not even arrange a test drive of the Turbo variant citing unavailability of demo cars "from Citroen". I am sure that's not true! The Chennai dealer took my number promising me they'll call back to arrange a demo, but that call never came, till date.

The Citroen Calcutta dealership experience was far better. Spoke to a lady and a gent. Both had the requisite product knowledge but when asked a few probing questions, they tried to bluff their way out, failing miserably in their attempt
However, the Calcutta dealer was very prompt in arranging a test drive. In the variant of my choice, i.e. the Turbo. And that too for a period of close to two hours. They sent the vehicle to my residence. The test drive vehicle was neat and clean, free of dings and dents and had everything working in proper order. Overall the initial experience with the Calcutta dealer was much better compared to the Chennai dealer.
I have booked a Turbo with the Calcutta dealer. Now lets see how long it takes for the actual delivery.

Last edited by arjab : 29th July 2022 at 15:41.
arjab is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2022, 02:27   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
A smaller tank means reduction in unsprung weight and a lower kerb mass translating to better fuel efficiency.
The tank size is irrelevant to unsprung weight because the tank is not an unsprung part. 20 litres of petrol weighs 15 kg. A full tank kerb mass difference of 15 kg in a 1000+ kg car is irrelevant to fuel efficiency or performance or anything else. The 30 litre tank is silly and over the course of the car's life will cause you to visit the pump more often. They should offer a bigger tank period.
karanddd is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th August 2022, 08:11   #247
BANNED

Maybe a measure to reduce cost, the KWID had a 28 litre fuel tank, too tiny I would say when others have at least 35 litre tanks or larger.
Old 7th August 2022, 22:13   #248
BHPian

How does this compare to TSI 1.0 on Taigun/Kushaq powertrains ?
Old 9th August 2022, 07:53   #249

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...ly-2023-425314

Citroen C3 to get segment-first 6-speed torque-converter AT in second half of 2023
Old 18th August 2022, 13:21   #250
Distinguished - BHPian

Citroen India delivers 75 C3s in Delhi on Independence Day.

Name:  0_485_735_0_70_http___img.haymarketsac.in_autocarpro_63175f49802841baab469cedea0bf074.jpeg
Views: 1501
Size:  70.7 KB

Name:  0_485_735_0_70_http___img.haymarketsac.in_autocarpro_2edb36654eb94b109c8608c6cf8de367.jpeg
Views: 1391
Size:  65.9 KB

Link
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st August 2022, 07:04   #251

Official specifications of the Citroên C3 for Latin America

Despite the production of the C3 having started a few months ago in Brazil, the model has only now been officially launched. Apparently, in the visual aspect, the Brazilian and Indian variants are practically identical, with changes basically in the colors, due to the different preferences of the local consumers.

Some of the visible differences abroad are the presence of steering lights installed in the mirrors in the Brazilian version, while in the Indian variant they are installed in the fenders.

Other visible differentials are the presence of plastic protectors in the wheel arches in all versions manufactured in Brazil and the offer of light alloy wheels as standard from the Feel versions. Airbumps will only be available in Firts Edition versions. In addition, rear wipers and defrosters are also available as standard from the Live Pack version.

Citroen C3 Review-c3versoesfirst2x.png
First Edition

Citroen C3 Review-c3versoesfeelpack2x.png
Feel Pack

Citroen C3 Review-c3versoesfeel2x.png
Feel

Citroen C3 Review-c3versoeslivepack2x.png
Live Pack

Citroen C3 Review-c3versoeslive2x.png
Live

Inside, the model produced in Brazil is also very similar to the Indian version. The only visible differences are the front and rear seats with adjustable headrests and the presence of a 3-point seat belt and headrest for the rear center seat, as Brazilian regulations require their adoption.

Citroen C3 Review-citroenc32023.jpg

Citroen C3 Review-citroenc32023-1.jpg

The biggest difference between the models is in the mechanical configuration. While in India, the 1.2 Puretech aspirated and turbo engines are available, in Brazil, the engine is composed of the 1.0 Firefly of Fiat origin (71/75 hp and 10/10.7 kgfm of torque with gasoline and ethanol respectively) and the well-known 1.6 EC5 from the PSA era (113/120 hp and 15.4/15.7 torque with gasoline and ethanol respectively). For some export markets, 1.0 Firefly will be replaced by 1.2 Puretech (82 hp and 115 Nm of torque with gasoline). The available transmissions are the 5-speed manual for the 1.0 Firefly and 1.2 Puretech engine. For the 1.6 EC5 engine, a 5-speed manual and a 6-speed automatic transmission are available.

Image sources: Citroên Brasil and Motor1 Brasil

Composition of the range and prices with Brazilian specifications.

Citroën C3 Live 1.0 MT (R$ 68,990): dual airbag, traction and stability controls, hill start assistant, air conditioning, electric steering, tire pressure monitor, electric front windows, digital panel, electric locks, wheels 15" with hubcaps.

Citroën C3 Live Pack 1.0 MT (R$ 74,990): Live + multimedia system with 10" screen and wireless mirroring, USB port for the first row, steering wheel with sound controls, key with remote control, driver's seat with height adjustment and rear wiper and defroster.

Citroën C3 Feel 1.0 MT (R$ 78,990): Live Pack + electric rear windows, alarm, 2 rear USB ports, LED daytime running lights, 15" alloy wheels, blue stripe panel, height-adjustable steering wheel, chrome logo on the front and car-colored door handles.

Citroën C3 Feel 1.6 MT (R$ 86,990): Feel 1.0 + 1.6 engine up to 120 hp;

Citroën C3 Feel Pack 1.6 AT6 (R$ 93,990): Feel 1.6 MT + 6-speed automatic transmission, ECO mode, 15" diamond wheels, reverse camera and leather steering wheel.

Citroën C3 1.0 First Edition (R$ 83,990): Feel 1.0 + fog lights, two-tone paint, side airbumps, fog light frame.

Citroën C3 1.6 AT6 First Editon (R$ 97,990): Feel Pack 1.6 AT + bitom paint, roof bars, airbumps, decorative frame in the fog light, exclusive rugs, badges.
Old 2nd September 2022, 13:58   #252
Senior - BHPian

Allocations to dealers for C3 Turbo versions in India are measly.

Primarily because the entire powertrain is being brought in as an imported unit by PCA Autombiles India.
Turbo variant allocation is roughly 4% of the total orders taken by any dealer in India. (For example: If a Citroen dealer in India is sitting on 100 orders, it can claim or get only 4 Turbo's allocated for its dealership).

Dealers are pushing customers who have already booked the Turbo to convert to the naturally aspirated variant. I,too, was requested to consider a switch. Stuck to my guns and told the dealer that its either the Turbo or or order cancellation. As expected tentative delivery date has been pushed back to end of October
arjab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2022, 20:35   #253
pqr
Distinguished - BHPian

From a mass-market perspective, Citron C3's production ramp up and dealership network expansion is way too slow. I'm not sure what they're up to with the whole product planning and launch. It seems like it’s being handled by an inexperienced team.
  • June: 60
  • July: 550
  • August: 825
pqr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2022, 21:36   #254
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
. (For example: If a Citroen dealer in India is sitting on 100 orders, it can claim or get only 4 Turbo's allocated for its dealership)....Dealers are pushing customers who have already booked the Turbo to convert to the naturally aspirated variant.
Makes sense why the NA is available for TD. I wanted NA since it was in budget but expected as usual for the TD car to be the topmost variant with the bigger spec engine. But the SA said only NA is available.

It is another matter altogether that I haven't been able to TD the C3. The nearest dealer is in another city 250kms away, and even when the C3 was available in my city for TD, the SAs 'forgot' to bring it for TD. Last they said customers who had booked were given preference for TDs, so it may take time.
Old 5th September 2022, 14:36   #255

Due to cost cutting C3 Comes with some limitations..
in my C3 there is not option for driving car in night. because IRVM have no button to switch from day to night mode. and its really hard to drive in night for me with "Day type" IRVM. after some market reserch i found mahindra scorpio's mirror which fittted in m C3
nsaini10 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks