Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2022, 18:47   #226
Senior - BHPian

Re: Citroen C3 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
Another point I just realized is that the C3 comes with a 30L fuel tank. It's not mentioned in our review as far as I can remember (just heard it while watching a Youtube review).

This seems really low. Don't cars such as Alto et all have a larger tank?

Edit: Yep, just checked and confirmed that even the Alto has a 35L tank. I guess it allowed Citroen to provide more space inside the car.
A smaller tank means reduction in unsprung weight and a lower kerb mass translating to better fuel efficiency.

For the C3 Turbo, considering the tractable nature of the turbocharged engine and nice driveability, assuming a worst case scenario, of urban fuel consumption at 12kmpl; and utilising 25 litres of petrol, (keeping a safe 5 litres in reserve), you will have a real world range of 300 kms for city driving.

For highways, the Turbo C3 with its 6-speed gearbox, should return 16kmpl which would translate to a range of 400 kms on a consumption of 25litres of petrol.
In real world terms, after 300-350 kms of highway driving, which is roughly 5 to 5 and a half hours of driving time on our maddening highways, depending on which state of India you are driving in, , one usually takes a break. I guess that's the time you get to fill up the Citroen as well!

These assumed figures are more or less in line with the 1-litre turbo petrol engine FE ballpark. The Ford EcoSport EcoBoost and the Tata Nexon 1.2 indirect injection turbo petrol's petrol consumption are quite close to these estimations. In fact the Nexon, being the heaviest with a weight of 1.2xx tons at the kerb consumes more fuel in urban driving conditions, often dipping to single digits with AC on.

Last edited by arjab : 26th July 2022 at 18:48.
arjab is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th July 2022, 19:48   #227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
A smaller tank means reduction in unsprung weight and a lower kerb mass translating to better fuel efficiency.

For the C3 Turbo, considering the tractable nature of the turbocharged engine and nice driveability, assuming a worst case scenario, of urban fuel consumption at 12kmpl; and utilising 25 litres of petrol, (keeping a safe 5 litres in reserve), you will have a real world range of 300 kms for city driving.

For highways, the Turbo C3 with its 6-speed gearbox, should return 16kmpl which would translate to a range of 400 kms on a consumption of 25litres of petrol.
In real world terms, after 300-350 kms of highway driving, which is roughly 5 to 5 and a half hours of driving time on our maddening highways, depending on which state of India you are driving in, , one usually takes a break. I guess that's the time you get to fill up the Citroen as well!

These assumed figures are more or less in line with the 1-litre turbo petrol engine FE ballpark. The Ford EcoSport EcoBoost and the Tata Nexon 1.2 indirect injection turbo petrol's petrol consumption are quite close to these estimations. In fact the Nexon, being the heaviest with a weight of 1.2xx tons at the kerb consumes more fuel in urban driving conditions, often dipping to single digits with AC on.
Never thought of it this way. I hear people brag about doing 600 or a 800kms in one stretch without taking a break. They are just one wink or a yawn away from a disaster. Heck, the younger me, once I did Pondicherry to Bangalore without stopping and felt stupid for not taking a break due to soreness in the leg the very next day. Wonder if the marketing team can play this up to their advantage, like you mentioned
creative420 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th July 2022, 15:51   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
Wonder if the marketing team can play this up to their advantage, like you mentioned
Not sure of that! But, the marketing team of Citroën really has another ace up their sleeve - they've got the leading auto journalists speak about the C3 in a different way (not the regular reviews) through a few questions posed to them. The short video clip is not a testimony though but brilliant enough to make scores of thousands jump on to the bandwagon

Here's the link:-
denny_ace is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th July 2022, 15:56   #229
Senior - BHPian

Citroen C3 customer deliveries begin in India

Citroen has commenced customer deliveries of the C3 crossover in 19 cities across India.

Citroen C3 Review-deliveries-new-citroen-c3-commences.jpg

The Citroen C3 was launched on July 20, 2022. The crossover is available in 6 variants with prices starting at Rs 5,70,500 (ex-showroom, Delhi).

The Citroen C3 is based on the brand’s CMP modular platform. It features a dual-tone exterior and black plastic cladding all around to give it a more rugged look. The C3 comes equipped with V-shaped LED daytime running lights with the main headlamps positioned slightly lower and diamond-cut alloy wheels.

Inside, the C3 gets a dual-tone dashboard with a 10.1-inch touchscreen infotainment system that offers Android Auto and Apple CarPlay connectivity and a digital instrument cluster.

The Citroen C3 is offered with two engine options. This includes a 1.2-litre naturally aspirated petrol engine that makes 81 BHP @ 5,750 rpm and 115 Nm @ 3,750 rpm, paired with a 5-speed manual and a 1.2-litre turbo-petrol motor producing 108 BHP @ 5,500 rpm and 190 Nm @ 1,750 rpm, mated to a 6-speed manual transmission.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 27th July 2022 at 15:58.
TusharK is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 27th July 2022, 16:30   #230
BHPian

Wow, this is great. Looking forward to ownership experiences on TBHP. The C3 has been praised for its turbo engine and suspension.

How does it compare to VW-Skoda TSI 1.0 Taigun / Kushaq ?

Last edited by Aditya : 27th July 2022 at 18:27. Reason: Capitalisation
Old 27th July 2022, 17:03   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayc123 View Post
Wow, this is great. Looking forward to ownership experiences on TBHP. The C3 has been praised for its turbo engine and suspension.

How does it compare to VW-Skoda tsi 1.0 taigun/kushaq ?
I have driven both and let me tell you - the TSI is leaps ahead of the C3 Turbo in terms of drivability and power delivery. The C3 turbo somehow felt muted in comparison.

Also people need to know Speed indicator in C3 is 10-15Kmph off (more) to what you are actually doing.
vagman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2022, 18:36   #232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagman View Post
I have driven both and let me tell you - the TSI is leaps ahead of the C3 Turbo in terms of drivability and power delivery. The C3 turbo somehow felt muted in comparison.

Also people need to know Speed indicator in C3 is 10-15Kmph off (more) to what you are actually doing.
Team-bhp reviewers suggested 1.2 is more drivable than the 1.0 TSI. Also C3 turbo being lighter, having more torque; shouldn't it feel more punchier than the relatively heavier Kushaq/Taigun. Most reviews have indicated a 100 in the speedo indicated hundred in second gear and it appeared really brisk. So not sure how muted can it possibly can be unless the gearing is really bad.

10-15 kmph off from real is really sad though. Especially if have provided the cheapest monochrome console in the world; they could have calibrated the mechanicals well.
Old 27th July 2022, 19:30   #233
Senior - BHPian

Give us a rear wiper at least as an aftermarket fitment as well as a digital tacho if nothing else. I don't care about the touchscreen as much frankly. IC3 is one of those cars that you feel you should have in your garage just for its looks and quirkiness. Lots of other cars offer more features than this one, but the C3 just feels different.

Last edited by Aditya : 27th July 2022 at 21:31. Reason: Typo
Old 27th July 2022, 19:37   #234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagman View Post

Is this comparison with TSI 1.0? Its a pity that the Citroen turbo is 1.2 L, which is bigger on paper, but less drivable and less powerful?

How about the NHV comparision?

Last edited by ajayc123 : 27th July 2022 at 19:39.
Old 27th July 2022, 20:00   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
Team-bhp reviewers suggested 1.2 is more drivable than the 1.0 TSI. Also C3 turbo being lighter, having more torque; shouldn't it feel more punchier than the relatively heavier Kushaq/Taigun. Most reviews have indicated a 100 in the speedo indicated hundred in second gear and it appeared really brisk. So not sure how muted can it possibly can be unless the gearing is really bad.

10-15 kmph off from real is really sad though. Especially if have provided the cheapest monochrome console in the world; they could have calibrated the mechanicals well.
It's possible the engine may feel more punchy on the highways doing triple digits, but during the short TD I took within city, I wasn't quite impressed with its dynamics and power delivery. I may be nitpicking with its power because I had high expectations after reading TBHP reviews, but it just didn't feel as punchy and fun to drive as the Polo or Taigun. The speedometer plays tricks and misleads you into thinking you are going fast. The vague toy like steering didn't help either.

If I were to rate all the turbo petrols under 15 lakh out
1.0 TSI >> 1.0 Hyundai/Kia = C3 1.2 Turbo > Magnite/Kiger 1.0 > Nexon 1.2 Turbo

Now coming to drivability, It always made me downshift to 1st on normal sized speed breakers. I don't think this passes 2nd speed breaker tests unless you tap the accelerator a little bit. Good thing is, the car seem to have an anti stall function.

Suspensions are soft and offer a supple ride, definitely a segment above and on par with MG Astor. So if someone is looking for a comfortable city runabout with a relatively punchy engine, this car can be considered.

Get a TD and let me know what you think! Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayc123 View Post
Is this comparison with TSI 1.0? Its a pity that the Citroen turbo is 1.2 L, which is bigger on paper, but less drivable and less powerful?

How about the NHV comparision?
Yes, compared to 1.0 TSI which is a gem of an engine. On its own, its great. NVH was surprisingly good too, engine noise creeps in only after 3000ish RPM (No Tacho haha), road noise is minimal. Cant comment on Wind noise as I drove in City and never went above 80.

Last edited by vagman : 27th July 2022 at 20:05. Reason: adding comments
vagman is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th July 2022, 08:29   #236
BHPian

Give it a rear wash-wiper and a decent automatic gearbox and I will queue up to buy one. It is so nice to see a mechanically competent car, free of unnecessary gizmos at a decent price.
Is someone at Citroen listening in ?
ashenoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2022, 08:43   #237
BHPian

Another query regarding the C3 clutch. Is it softer compared to the Taigun/Kushaq?
Old 28th July 2022, 09:51   #238
BHPian

I was also hoping it launches with an auto gearbox and the turbo engine.

Decided to anyway do a test-drive and called the Bangalore showroom. They were courteous and said they could arrange a test-drive immediately, but that there is a waiting period of 6-9 months for the manual turbo variant. That killed my enthusiasm for a test drive
Old 28th July 2022, 09:58   #239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carZest View Post
but that there is a waiting period of 6-9 months for the manual turbo variant. That killed my enthusiasm for a test drive
6-9 months for a car that wouldn't even have 1000 bookings yet is crazy. Seems like they have bought a monthly lease in a Jeep factory and will build make to order once a year. Citroen please hire someone from Maruti for the job. Just shows the utter dis-interest of the company.
dipen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2022, 10:04   #240
BHPian

I got a call from the Citroen sales team after I registered my interest in a test drive. My location, preferred day and time were noted by the sales team member. I was told that my local dealer (there is only 1 in Delhi!) will get in touch with me for a test drive. It's been over 5 days now since Saturday (my preferred day for a TD) and still no call or follow up from the local dealer.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks