Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2022, 01:41   #61
BHPian

Re: 2022 Maruti Brezza Review

Honestly this car is a perfect example of "looks are subjective"

I would not touch the car with a barge pole. Both the interiors and the exteriors absolutely are in no way in the same league as the competition in the price bracket.

However there are people in this thread going Gaga over it. And so will a large portion of the Indian public. Maruti knows its demographic well.

As the outgoing version scored 4 stars in GNCAP and I am assuming this will too, this will be my recommendation over the Korean options. But definitely not the best in its segment.
Bluengel180 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th July 2022, 08:53   #62
BHPian

Excellent detailed 5* review, thanks @Omkar & @Crazy Driver, keep up the Tbhp gold standard.

Suzuki is still using the first Gen Swift parts, like the non backlit window switches, this is year 2022, not 2010.

I wouldn't touch a Suzuki, until they improve their cost cutting standards.
Old 8th July 2022, 08:55   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluengel180 View Post
I would not touch the car with a barge pole.
Having said this, you also say you would recommend Brezza over Korean options. I could not quite understand your stand here.

What according to you is the objectively best car in this segment that ticks all your requirements? Thanks!
venus1975 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2022, 09:46   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinod_nair View Post
I wouldn't touch a Suzuki, until they improve their cost cutting standards.
Would you touch the Korean competitions until they improve their safety standards? The problem is both Mahindra and Tata cars in this segment provides better safety and spacious interior but no proper automatic options. The Korean twins provide better automatics but cramped interior and questionable safety.
sreejithkk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th July 2022, 10:54   #65

Awesome review, thanks @Omkar & @Crazy Driver.

Personally, I am thinking of buying the ZXI AT Dual tone, downgrading from the ZXT+ which I had booked. I believe that this is the most VFM since there are a couple of important features missing from the VXI and the ZXI+ is too expensive. I honestly feel that, even with the over the top pricing, this car will sell especially the AT ones.

I ruled out the others coz:
Tata and Mahindra: lack of a good automatic,
Kia and Hyundai: for safety concerns and concerns with the turbo petrol engine
Rest: Maruti after sales service and resale value
Old 8th July 2022, 11:11   #66
BHPian

I have been waiting for this car as an upgrade from S-Presso as this ticked all the boxes. But the pricing is clearly a deal-breaker with the top-end auto coming out to be 17Lakhs+.
I would any day pick the NA engine over turbo-charged ones because of the linear power delivery and reliability. In the same way that 6-speed TC auto would be my pick over AMT/DCT. Don't really care about other feature sets although TPMS and UV cut glass could have been better additions since aftermarket ones are liable to be fined.

Now the new Brezza costs the same as 3 S-Presso's. Realistically it is maybe worth 2 S-Presso's. And from certain angles, it does look like the S-Presso's bigger brother. I didn't book the Punch because the VXI Brezza made more sense at that time. Now the Punch seems VFM . I thought at the time of buying S-Presso that any other car would be an upgrade to this, but nothing is able to fit the shoes so far. I suppose there really is no perfect car.

The Honda Jazz is extreme VFM given the current pricing of other cars, but sadly it scrapes on the ramp in my parking with just the driver inside. Suzuki's own S-Cross could also be a good option if you can still get it, but it's too big for my parking.

I am going to wait and watch and I am in no hurry to book a car now. Seeing that the S-Presso itself scored 3 stars in NCAP and the atrocious waiting periods/pricing currently I will keep the little guy for one more year and see. I am also waiting for the new Baleno-based SUV and hope it's priced sensibly. The current pricing for Brezza will make sense to me ONLY if it manages to score 5 stars in the new NCAP. Until that time the waiting continues.

Last edited by darkfantasy : 8th July 2022 at 11:32. Reason: Added a few points
Old 8th July 2022, 11:32   #67
BHPian

Great review, appreciate the efforts been taken to write this review. Now coming to the car, yes the front end is more mature than before and I like the new front, but the rear feel like a rip-off from Nissan Magnite, especially the rear lights.

Coming to the interior, it is no way near what the competition is offering. Yes, when compared to previous gen the effort is really evident like adding a long awaiting sunroof, but still a long way to go. Using 10-year-old buttons in a 17 Lakhs car is beyond me.

Price, as all pointed out, is surely on a higher side, spend a couple of lakhs one can buy spacious cars from next segment. For sure the car will sell but Maruti must realize they are not dealing with 2010s customers, customers now have many options and they need to catch up big time, if not their market hold will reduce even below 38%
Old 8th July 2022, 12:03   #68
BHPian

The pricing is a bummer. You have more capable products in the market for this price bracket.
Maruti is bringing in this product to stave off the heat raised by so many competent products in this category. While this product is an improvement from the previous iteration, does it really compare to the products from the other stables?

I felt let down by the engine of the previous Brezza. I was not looking to drive like a maniac or hit 3 digit speeds, but felt a definite lack of grunt at times when you needed it.

Mind you, a test drive with 2 people and a normal drive with 4 people and luggage are very different. In case of the latter (which was my experience), the previous engine felt kind sluggish. From what I read in this review, the 'problem' persists.

This is the second major concern for me. I gave the Brezza a pass 4 years ago, guess i would still give it a pass now.

However, I look forward to user experiences from members here to develop a better perspective.
Old 8th July 2022, 12:07   #69
BHPian

Brezza Zxi AT is costlier by around 65,000 INR as compared to a Kia Sonet HTX AT Diesel Automatic. Brezza has a nice reliable petrol engine, however it cannot compete with the 1.5 Diesel (that too with VGT) of the Sonet.
TSEA is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2022, 12:33   #70
BHPian

Suzuki is playing with fire, with Nexon and Sonet + Venue doing so well price hike can be a big backfire. Unlike margin focused Toyota(fortuner / Innova) Brezza does not command market dominance.

In this face lift, they have done a really good job with the looks and I believe that road presence is at a next level compared to Nexon / Venue (which works well in any of SUV segment (C / D etc.) )

But apart from looks nothing is upto the mark when compared to competition. Brezza needs an engine which justifies its look and a complete make over of interiors.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 8th July 2022 at 17:02. Reason: Minor typo corrected.
Asoon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2022, 12:43   #71
BHPian

New Brezza with Automatic is simply overpriced. I'd convinced my brother to cancel Nexon booking and wait for Brezza - he had even pre-booked it. But after the launch we found it was simply way over the budget- he again cancelled his Brezza booking and went back to Nexon and with a fresh waiting period .

I just wanted him to get a proper Automatic instead of AMT. IMO even in TC 6 speed guise Brezza is not worth that price.
somspaple is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 8th July 2022, 16:57   #72
BHPian

We have prebooked the ZXI AT for my sister and were expecting the price to be 14L. However, with this over ambitious pricing, we have cancelled the booking. The VXI AT is for 13.3L and we are getting the Urban Cruiser AT Premium for same price. Of course it's going to be discontinued soon. But the VXI of new Brezza has nothing in it except engine and gearbox (which btw don't feel like adding any value in driveability) compared to the current Urban Cruiser with 4AT.

Our usage is pure city driving for a newbie driver. Hence, the decision to dump the Brezza facelift.
DieselAnna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2022, 23:23   #73
BHPian

Visited the showroom today and got to know that the waiting period for the ZXI AT variant has shot up to 1 year and 3 months...I mean just wow. MSIL seems to be getting away with the atrocious pricing..
Pras92003 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2022, 11:24   #74
BHPian

We thought Kia Sonet (with superior diesel AT and turbo petrol DCT) was overpriced. Now Maruti has taken the game into another level with Brezza's humble NA engine AT and its ludicrous pricing. 13.8 lacs ex showroom! And that waiting period!

Suddenly Creta 1.5 IVT looks VFM which I always thought as overpriced.
Col Mehta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2022, 11:59   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col Mehta View Post
We thought Kia Sonet (with superior diesel AT and turbo petrol DCT) was overpriced. Now Maruti has taken the game into another level with Brezza's humble NA engine AT and its ludicrous pricing. 13.8 lacs ex showroom! And that waiting period!

Suddenly Creta 1.5 IVT looks VFM which I always thought as overpriced.
Not to hurt someone looking to buy brezza.
1. Fit and finish, cabin quality and design(both exterior and interior) is below par compared to competition.
2. Neither turbo petrol engine nor advanced transmission options (CVT/DCT)
3. Both HUD and 360 camera feels cheap and after marketish, would have liked to be not present in the car
4. Super expensive. Venue and Sonet feel very attractive and VFM for what they offer. Expect prices of Venue and Sonet go up.

Overall, I feel maruti should stick to its game of offering fuel efficient, VFM cars which can do point A to point B. They definitely cannot become Hyundai/Kia and even Tata.
harshbhat is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks