Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2022, 14:43   #196

Re: 2022 Maruti Brezza Review

Technician came to check the vehicle, it will be taken to the garage. I had earlier rejected one car during PDI in July and got 2nd one yesterday, and now as per the technician there seems to be some issue with the key, the request sensor and the push start button.
Old 24th August 2022, 19:01   #197

Finally got my Brezza VXI - AT last week. A couple of early observations from 300Km of city driving

- The car is very easy to drive within the city. Great seating position & a light steering make it a breeze to drive around the city
- The car is very silent & the suspension setup is great. Didn't have any troubles navigating some bad roads
- The AT is reasonably smooth. The upshifts are not noticeable but you can notice the downshifts. I do get some occasional sounds (feels like the car is struggling to shift gears), need to get this checked.
- The interiors are average at best. Even the fit & finish could be better. Don't think it comes close to the Hyundai Venue (the other car in my consideration list)
- The halogen headlights are not adequate (hope the LED ones are better). They work for the city, but are not sufficient for highway drives.
- Feels like the engine lacks power. Speed does build up slowly but overtakes are definitely difficult. Not sure if this is only with the AT version since it upshifts very soon. This would definitely be my biggest complaint about the car
- The current mileage is ~11Kmpl. I think it would go up to ~12-13Kmpl for city driving.
aditya.marla is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 25th August 2022, 00:33   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya.marla View Post
Finally got my Brezza VXI - AT last week.
Congrats on the new car. All your observations are spot on. While Maruti can't match Hyundai on interiors but for the price they are pegging Brezza at, the interiors are a big let down.
This engine does require paddle shifters to move quicker. They alleviate the issue to a certain extent. The default tuning of this engine is towards mileage and post 80kmph, you can feel the slowness in acceleration. Post 100kmph, it's troublesome.
While it has its own set of shortcomings, there is no denying that the peace of mind with Maruti is a strong proposition. The Brezza is a fundamentally sorted car otherwise. I wish your journey with Brezza be joyous and memorable.
headbanger is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th August 2022, 11:31   #199

Hello all! I’ve booked the ZXI+ AT and it’s due to get delivered soon. I’m interested in a seat cover because frankly the stock fabric seats are not at all nice. However the dealership is forbidding me from applying a cover stating that it will hamper with the airbags? Is this true? Please do let me know.
Old 26th August 2022, 12:24   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autohead19 View Post
Hello all! I’ve booked the ZXI+ AT
Absolutely true. Don't put any seat cover on them. Some people might market 'Airbag compatible' seat covers. But IMHO, you should stay away from them as well. Airbag deployments are after all controlled explosions and you don't really want to interfere with the math involved.

I'm surprised the dealership forbid you from installing seat covers. Dealerships actively push accessories to increase their margins. I think Maruti want their dealers to stay away from potential law suits involving incorrect airbag deployments. Good for them.

Last edited by Keeleri_Achu : 26th August 2022 at 12:28.
Keeleri_Achu is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th August 2022, 13:19   #201

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeleri_Achu View Post
Absolutely true. Don't put any seat cover on them. Some people might market 'Airbag compatible' seat covers. But IMHO, you should stay away from them as well. Airbag deployments are after all controlled explosions and you don't really want to interfere with the math involved.
Thank you for the reply! I guess I’ll stay away from seat covers.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 26th August 2022 at 13:24. Reason: Quote content trimmed
Old 27th August 2022, 12:00   #202
BANNED

The review is good and detailed.

I have booked Kia Sonet IMT HTX variant with an road price of about 11.50 lakhs in Delhi. Just trying to figure why is Brezza so expensive as compared to this variant of Kia. We get Turbo engine, sun roof and kind of semi automatic in kia sonet at 11.50 lakhs.While Brezza Zxi is around 1 lakh costlier than this variant of Kia and still does not cober these features apart from sun roof. What am I missing here ?
Old 27th August 2022, 14:18   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by del.guy22 View Post
The review is good and detailed.

I have booked Kia Sonet IMT HTX variant with an road price of about 11.50 lakhs in Delhi. Just trying to figure why is Brezza so expensive as compared to this variant of Kia. We get Turbo engine, sun roof and kind of semi automatic in kia sonet at 11.50 lakhs.While Brezza Zxi is around 1 lakh costlier than this variant of Kia and still does not cober these features apart from sun roof. What am I missing here ?
Are you sure if you are quoting the On Road Price of Kia Sonet HTX IMT variant? 11.5L is the ex-showroom of this variant in Delhi as per Kia website which makes it in the same price bracket as Brezza ZXI MT.

The prev generation of Brezza had NCAP rating of 4 stars while for Sonet I think it is still unknown

Brezza has below advantages over Kia Sonet as per carwale
  1. Potentially more safe car
  2. 40:60 rear seat split
  3. Telescoping Steering
  4. One Touch Down for all windows compared to only diver side in Kia Sonet

Sonet has below advantages over Brezza
  1. 4 Air Bags compared to 2 in Brezza
  2. Better Engine
  3. Clutchless Driving
  4. Wireless Android Auto and Carplay

Overall I think both variants are priced similarly while offering comparable features.

Have to make a back-to-back post, wanted to correct the price of Sonet HTX IMT in the previous post.

As per Carwale Ex-Showroom for both Brezza ZXI MT is 10.87L and got Kia Sonet HTX IMT is 10.95L. So price-wise they are still the same.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 27th August 2022 at 15:17. Reason: back to back posts merged
born_free is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2022, 15:52   #204
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by born_free View Post
Are you sure if you are quoting the On Road Price of Kia Sonet HTX IMT variant? 11.5L is the ex-showroom of this variant in Delhi as per Kia website which makes it in the same price bracket as Brezza ZXI MT.
Sorry, my bad. It is actually Kia Sonet IMT HTK Plus.

Last edited by Aditya : 27th August 2022 at 21:36. Reason: Quoted text trimmed
Old 27th August 2022, 20:20   #205

Quote:
Originally Posted by born_free View Post
Brezza has below advantages over Kia Sonet as per carwale
  1. One Touch Down for all windows compared to only diver side in Kia Sonet
Wow I did not know about the one touch down for the all the windows. Brezza sure does have its quirks

Last edited by Aditya : 27th August 2022 at 21:52. Reason: Quoted text trimmed
Old 28th August 2022, 07:26   #206
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by autohead19 View Post
Wow I did not know about the one touch down for the all the windows. Brezza sure does have its quirks
Don't believe all what is shown in the comparison in Carwale, there are quite a few errors in the feature list when comparing Sonet HTX Diesel AT. for example this variant does get DRLs and the headlamps are LED whereas the same is shown incorrectly in their comparison. always cross check with the brochure as well.
krsiva is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th August 2022, 14:29   #207

Quote:
Originally Posted by krsiva View Post
Don't believe all what is shown in the comparison in Carwale, there are quite a few errors in the feature list when comparing Sonet HTX Diesel AT. for example this variant does get DRLs and the headlamps are LED whereas the same is shown incorrectly in their comparison. always cross check with the brochure as well.
What are the odds that I was just checking when I got your reply. Turns out one touch power windows are only present for the driver’s side. Can’t have it all I guess.
Old 31st August 2022, 15:27   #208
BHPian

Hi,
If anyone is aware of ready stock of Brezza ZXI AT with dealers in Delhi- NCR. Please share!

Thanks in advance!
Old 31st August 2022, 16:41   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haribalram View Post
Checking on behalf of a friend who is taking delivery of Brezza 2022 ZXI+ AT Dual Tone at Bangalore. His car has 215/60 R16 MRF Wanderer. Is this the default tyre set? Anyone got different? Thanks.
Yes mine are also MRF Wanderer Ecotread Street N1 215/60 R16 95H
ACMerchant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2022, 11:22   #210

The waiting period of Brezza has now swelled upto 20 weeks for MT & 24 weeks for AT. When I asked the reason from the sales representative he mentioned that Maruti is currently focused on reducing the wait time for CNG variants of Celerio, dzire, swift etc.
Pran is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks