Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2022, 17:52   #271
BHPian

Re: 2022 Maruti Brezza Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashenoy View Post
Are folks in Bangalore north able to get a test drive of the Brezza AT ? I have checked at Arena showrooms on the Hebbal ring road stretch and Airport road. Neither of them has a test drive vehicle available, even though they display a "test drive available" sign on the display vehicle.
Comparing among VXI AT, ZXI AT and ZXI+ AT, in my view, ZXI AT is the worst VFM. With 6 airbags, 360 degree camera, bigger infotainment display, better sound and many other look-good features make ZXI+ more worth than ZXI.

Though VXI is the best VFM, its AT variant price difference compared to MT is wider than ZXI/ZXI+ MT to AT variant differences, due to VXI MT to AT crossing 10L price range, falling into higher tax bracket. That gives a little edge to ZXI+ AT in terms of VFM in my opinion.
bivision is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2022, 23:18   #272
BHPian

Been waiting for 6 airbag rule to be implemented from 1st Oct. 2022 so as to get 6 airbags in VXI Manual. But turns out it might get deferred by 18 months as per this article.
https://www.autocarindia.com/industr...-months-425847

Now, been thinking about increasing my budget for ZXI manual. Just wish Maruti has launched ZXI without sunroof which might have reduced its price by 40k , then ZXI manual would be my first and blind choice. So damn confused right now...
Old 26th September 2022, 01:33   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashenoy View Post
Are folks in Bangalore north able to get a test drive of the Brezza AT ?
Try the Yelahanka Mandovi showroom. I have booked my car from them and they sent the vehicle home for test drive.
Old 26th September 2022, 08:18   #274
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Been test-driving the '22 Brezza. Loved it so much that we're booking it today for my bhabhi . Same colour as the TD car and same (top) AT variant.
2022 Maruti Brezza Review-1.jpg

2022 Maruti Brezza Review-2.jpg

Requirements: Compact SUV, local runabout, smooth AT is a must (strictly no AMTs), rough & tough use by 4 family members, should be reliable for 10+ years, features, safety, practicality, excellent after-sales service. The '22 Brezza will be replacing a 10+ year old Swift.

Why we're booking the Brezza: Loved the styling, comfortable ride quality (awesome suspension tune), smooth torque-converter AT, 4-star safety & features, can't go wrong with a Maruti for long-term ownership & reliability, there is an exceptional dealer (Vitesse) and workshop in our neighbourhood.

What we didn't like: Expensive (16+ lakhs for top variant in Bombay), sound system is poor for the price, still doesn't have a lot of features of the competition (e.g. ventilated seats, powerful subwoofer).

What we don't care about: Performance, due to the family's requirements. Sedate drivers, hence the 1.5L naturally-aspirated motor is more than enough for in-city drives & monthly runs to Pune at 80 - 100 kmph cruising speeds.

Why others were dropped: Strictly no AMTs, didn't want DCTs / DSGs due to suspect reliability over 10 - 12 years of ownership, didn't want cars with complex mechanicals & expensive parts due to rough use, didn't want a Kia Sonet as same family already has one for another bhabhi.

Last edited by GTO : 26th September 2022 at 10:07.
GTO is offline   (58) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 08:52   #275
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Been test-driving the '22 Brezza. Loved it so much that we're booking it today
Great choice GTO. It's been a favorite car of mine too since the launch of the face-lifted version. It's a clear choice of head over everything else because the practicality and reliability of a Maruti cannot be surpassed by any brand today. And especially when I hear how owners are ready to compromise with poor AC and unreliable service of the newer Skodas/VWs. As for the cost, when a sparse Fortuner starts selling for 50L+ how can a humble Brezza stay behind!!

I do feel that the base variant of the Brezza (at 7.99L ex-showroom) is the best choice in it's range today as it can be easily bought home for less than 10L on road and gives the enthusiasts ample opportunity for customizing and upgrades like I did with my base Baleno and am still loving owning one even after 2 years of ownership.

Cheers...
dkaile is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 10:22   #276
BHPian

Here are my likes and things i wish Maruti would change in the future. This comes after owning the Brezza ZXI+ AT for almost a month with 1700kms of driving.

But before that here are a few pics
2022 Maruti Brezza Review-20220825_075802.jpg
2022 Maruti Brezza Review-img20220828wa0056.jpg
2022 Maruti Brezza Review-img20220828wa0061.jpg

Things that I like:
1. Fuel efficient, with AC in auto the car is now showing an average of 16.5km/lt in mixed city and highway use. My best ever so far has been 18.57km/ltr over 85kms of driving in 90% highway and remaining in the city with AC on.
2. LED headlights are much better than what I expected. Illumination is good you can clearly see what's on the road in front and also the spread is adequate to spot anything coming from the side, didn't face any visibility issue even in heavy rain. Fog lamps do make a difference to the visibility.
3. Seats are comfy and have adequate space for average built person.
4. 360 degree camera makes parking so much easier, now I don't bother looking around. I just rely on camera and I am able to park with much less effort.
5. Engine maintains below 2000rpm even at 100kph. So the engine noise is almost muted in comparison to the wind and a bit of road noise.
6. It's a good looking car not butchered like some cars in the category that are made to fit the sub 4m bracket.
7. Suspension set up is very good very comfy and at the same time body roll is well contained. There are no bumps at 100kph even when encountered surface undulations. Cornering at speed the car never caught me off guard.*
8. Seat belt reminder for the co-passenger is a useful safety feature, now my mom and wife wear seat belt when seated in the front. I just wish they would have done the same for the rear as well.
9. Hill hold works well and the car pulls off even from steep inclines without breaking a sweat.
10. It's a slow car meant for sedate driving. It's much slower than my dzire which it replaces. But the paddle shifters do make up for it to some extent. In manual mode The gear shifts are quick you can hold the revs where you like. Even if you are in manual mode and slow down the car will auto down shift for you, based on the speed.
11. Ability to downshift in auto mode using paddle shifter. This is a very useful feature while doing tight overtakes.
12. Steering feels much lighter than the dzire's.
13. Zero issues so far with the car, this is what I expected from Maruti hope it stays the same for 10+ years we intend to keep the car.

Things I wish Maruti would change:

1. No soft touch leather on the interior. Steering wheel and the arm rest are the only 2 places where you get leather. Maruti should increase the use of soft touch material atleast at this price point.
2. ZXI+ should be loaded with ventilated seats, UV cut/IR cut glass, TPMS. As I feel these features will become a norm in the future.
3. Multiple alloy wheel options to choose from, car comes with just 1 type of alloy as standard.
4. Sometimes there is no real sense of engine braking, this is my first automatic and the lack of sense of engine braking has caught me off guard a few times. The moment you let go of the throttle suppose the hybrid battery is fully charged the re-gen braking doesn't kick in and the car just glides like it's on neutral. If not, there is some resistance from the re-gen system. Herhaps it's something I need to get used to and change my driving style.
5. Engine is tuned for mileage and moderate acceleration upto 100kph. It's not a car you will enjoy driving fast or getting to speed quickly it's just not meant for that.
6. There is uneven gap on the right side brake light. My OCD is tugging me to take a look make sure it's still there everytime I pass the car.

Uneven gap
2022 Maruti Brezza Review-20220926_093938.jpg

Verdict: Overall it's a good car, with lot of useful features some of it I believe will become a norm in the future like the 360 degree camera, 6 airbags. It's a bit expensive and misses out on certain features and has a less engaging mileage oriented engine. But I feel this car will make up for it with reliability and inexpensive ownership experience.
Shonith is offline   (31) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 11:41   #277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shonith View Post
This comes after owning the Brezza ZXI+ AT for almost a month with 1700kms of driving.
Congratulations Shonith on your new car. I recall from your previous posts we had booked our car around the same time and you got yours already It looks gorgeous in the pictures. Initially i hated the black cladding but looks nice on your car.

I had booked a blue zxi+ first, After the price announcement changed it to brave khaki & zxi variant and am still waiting for my car.
Snowflakes is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2022, 15:43   #278
VIZ
BHPian

I booked a Brezza ZXI+ AT with Bimal Autos, Whitefield, Bangalore on June 9 2022 with the promise from dealership that it will be converted to new generation Brezza once the system allows it. They promised me a waiting time of 45 days maximum. It is end of September and I've not recieved my car yet. Last month, dealership told me that I'm #1 in the priority order for the variant and colour requested. Now they are saying that I'm #5 in the order. I checked with GM of the dealership and he gives a standard reply that I'll be informed once the car is allotted.
Is there a serious delay from Maruti for top end AT version or Is the dealership playing some games? What is the waiting time scenario for other dealers in Bangalore? How do I escalate to get my car alloted quicker?
Thanks.
Old 27th September 2022, 16:40   #279

I'd booked a Zxi+ AT from Kalyani and it seems ATs are the least priority now.
They are expecting Zxi units this week though.
Old 27th September 2022, 19:09   #280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIZ View Post
What is the waiting time scenario for other dealers in Bangalore?
It's the same with other dealers as well. I booked my zxi automatic in June and have been following up and haven't received any proper response. So, I paid a surprise visit to my dealer on Saturday and spoke to the sales manager and he promised to deliver the car in next 30 days.

While leaving I met with one of the team leaders and he showed me the booking file. They had a total of 357 bookings and only manual variants were getting delivered or were in transit and the number was zero for in transit or delivered cars for automatics
Old 27th September 2022, 19:16   #281
BANNED

I am in the same boat as GTO, my requirements are also similar too, but I just can't get over the fact that I have to shell out approximately 18 lakhs on this car(including insurance and accessories)
Old 27th September 2022, 19:18   #282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIZ View Post
I booked a Brezza ZXI+ AT with Bimal Autos, Whitefield, Bangalore on June 9 2022 with the promise from dealership that it will be converted to new generation Brezza once the system allows it...
Looks like there is a shortfall in delivery of the Brezza AT version in Bangalore. I know of atleast 2 booking which are pending since the month of May with two different dealers. People are just tired of waiting period, not sure if this the trend in other cities too especially for Brezza AT.
Old 27th September 2022, 21:18   #283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Been test-driving the '22 Brezza. Loved it so much that we're booking it today for my bhabhi . Same colour as the TD car and same (top) AT variant.
Well, this might just push me enough to book the new Brezza. I've been eyeing it for some time and the top-end red one looks very fetching IMHO. It does look bigger and far better in person. GTO's praise for the S-presso was one of the main reasons I went ahead with it as my first car and now I feel we couldn't go wrong with the new Brezza either as my use case is also the same.
Old 28th September 2022, 07:57   #284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
Looks like there is a shortfall in delivery of the Brezza AT version in Bangalore. I know of atleast 2 booking which are pending since the month of May with two different dealers. People are just tired of waiting period, not sure if this the trend in other cities too especially for Brezza AT.
I booked my Brezza AT in March 2022 when the new model was not yet launched. Finally got upgraded tot the new model and got delivery in August 2022.
ACMerchant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2022, 08:17   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shonith View Post
Here are my likes and things i wish Maruti would change in the future. This comes after owning the Brezza ZXI+ AT for almost a month with 1700kms of driving.
Congratulation on your new Brezza.

I too have completed 1700 kms City and Highway. FE for city now reached to 15 kmpl.
*My first Automatic and now have got used to driving both as the other car is manual. For reversing I still use the mirrors old style and only if I have to squeeze near to curb for parking use the cam.
*Would wish Maruti upgrades its smart play system as presently via Bluetooth only calling and music can be played but not Android Auto for which you need the cable.
*The seats have sensors(seat belt Alarm) in them so have to be careful not to spill any liquid. The new seat covers launched by Maruti are airbag compliant but do not have a pocket behind as in the original one.
*IMHO sunroof is not required as we get plenty of sunlight and also cost can be reduced by @ lakh but would have preferred rain-sensing wipers.

Last edited by vb-saan : 28th September 2022 at 11:16. Reason: For readability, please avoid quoting the whole long post. Thank you!
ACMerchant is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks