Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2022, 05:13   #136
BANNED

Re: 2022 Maruti Brezza Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygerman View Post
I was in the market for a second car. This time around, I wanted to own a Sub 4 meter SUV. I had already booked a Kia Sonet HTX 1 ltr Turbo with DCT. The DCT deliveries are struggling to happen. In the last 3 months, from the dealership I booked, there have been only 3-4 DCT deliveries which is surprising. I presume that this is due to the lack of semiconductor availability? The reason I ask is, when I visited the Maruti Arena showroom to book Brezza ZXI Automatic
,Definitely its priced a little higher, but when I consider the total cost of ownership including the fuel expenses, I think its a car worth considering if you are in the market for a sub 4-meter SUV. I may get mine in 2-3 months time.
I am in a similar situation, but I am only looking at automatic cars, and no AMTs by the way. I was eagerly awaiting the launch of the Brezza, but the pricing of the Automatic variants turned out to be a bit too much for my budget. (My budget is 15 lakhs only). If it had not been for the requirement of an automatic, I would have have been able to get a car from a segment higher like the Seltos, Creta etc.

So, I went ahead and looked at other options, I found the Kia Sonet HTX Diesel AT to be a good proposition considering the engine is the same as that of the Seltos/Creta and its frugal and has enough power and torque too. All this under my budget of 15 lakhs, so I went and booked the same, they say they will deliver in the 1st week of September too.

Anyways, I am still open to other options, but with the assurance that If I don't find a better match, the Sonet may be able to fulfil most of my needs.
itsmeparvathy9 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2022, 17:05   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi_ank View Post
I understand that the brezza with its pricing may have been a bummer for many....
The brezza top automatic variant, at 15-17(depending on the city) on road, seems somewhat logical, given how the market currently is.
I feel that most people are not pissed off because they feel Brezza is overpriced against the competition. The point that stands out is the price difference betwen Brezza's own manual vs automatic variants.

1.5 lakhs just for the addition of a TC gearbox seems to be unreasonably high. If this gap was due to a [better engine+gear box combination + some features] or even an advanced gearbox like Dual Clutch, it could have been a bit more convincing. Instead of 1.5 lakh, if they had charged somewhere around 0.7 lakhs to 1 lakh, the response could have been much positive. And this would have brought the price of the top AT variant less than 15 lakh in many places.

Only time will tell if they are able to pull off and sell enough ATs with this pricing or whether they will rethink and rationalise this.

Last edited by TheWanderer : 22nd July 2022 at 17:22.
TheWanderer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2022, 17:49   #138
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWanderer View Post
Only time will tell if they are able to pull off and sell enough ATs with this pricing or whether they will rethink and rationalise this.
Maruti will certainly pull it off even with these prices, even if sales of ATs are below par, they sure won't rethink their pricing. It's a sellers' market and consumers have no choice but to accept the prices commanded by the sellers.
itsmeparvathy9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2022, 18:04   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmeparvathy9 View Post
Maruti will certainly pull it off even with these prices, even if sales of ATs are below par, they sure won't rethink their pricing. It's a sellers' market and consumers have no choice but to accept the prices commanded by the sellers.
Correct. And yet another thing, Maruti Suzuki cars were the market price regulators and were considered a baseline. With this increase in pricing of Suzuki cars, other manufacturers will feel justified to increase their price as well and will follow suite. In a span of a year, we will be in the same market scenario as before (that is, Maruti still being an affordable option in comparison to competition)
Tygerman is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2022, 22:00   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Correct. And yet another thing, Maruti Suzuki cars were the market price regulators and were considered a baseline. With this increase in pricing of Suzuki cars, other manufacturers will feel justified to increase their price as well and will follow suite. In a span of a year, we will be in the same market scenario as before (that is, Maruti still being an affordable option in comparison to competition)
I didn't know this. Is it your opinion, or are there any articles (in auto magazines, team-bhp threads, etc.) on Maruti being the market price regulator?
Old 23rd July 2022, 04:11   #141
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by venus1975 View Post
I didn't know this. Is it your opinion, or are there any articles (in auto magazines, team-bhp threads, etc.) on Maruti being the market price regulator?
What is meant here is that Since Maruti has the highest chunk of market share in the Passenger car market, they have reasonable freedom to fix prices and more often than not competitors follow and price accordingly.
Old 23rd July 2022, 14:30   #142
BHPian

Hello folks. One question. Is it possible to remove the extra side cladding from a car?
Old 23rd July 2022, 19:09   #143
Senior - BHPian

Took a test drive of Brezza manual, here are a few points :

1. Engine is muted as far as performance goes. Its more like a 1.2 than a 1.5. My 2015 Swift petrol was more enthusiastic than the K15C in Brezza. But at less than 2000 rpm, its very silent. Rev it more and you will find a lot of noise with slow progress. At 8-9 lakh rupees it could be OK, but at a million rupees and above, this is disappointment.

My 2014 City petrol is in a different league. There were three adults in Brezza and I was not happy, if someone if planning a holiday with full load, please stay relaxed, nothing can help you. But I guess for majority this will serve the purpose. Flooring the throttle at 70 kmph in top gear resulted into very slow progress, this is too safe a tune I think. Single lane highways will see Brezza struggling to overtake quick cars.

Bottom end grunt is fantastic though. Nice car for that agonizing, slow urban crawl after a long day at office. Clutch is light without rough point of abrupt engagement. Coupled with a smooth gearbox, the combination is effortless to drive.

2. Impressive suspension set up. Roads in my city are broken now due to monsoon, and Brezza offered very nice ride quality, wasnt stiff and is silent in operation. Stands out to add to comfort, never knew Maruti can get this so good.

3. Cabin insulation from outside noise is again not something you would expect out of Maruti. Leaps ahead of what Maruti offers even today in case like Swift, nice effort.

4. Hood is heavy, but I dont like the hood extending over lights. That is a place for dust to gather up. Panel gaps are uneven at places. The plastic cladding across running board is something to watch out for. Its should have been more rounded plus not sticking out so much. If that is dirty, as it was in the car I test drove, one has to careful while ingress or egress.

5. Steering is too light, good for urban roaming, but tad more weight at speed would be better. It was butter smooth and feather light as compared to my 2012 Innova and lighter than my City.

Overall, nice effort from Maurti, things are better than before but prices have shot up to an extent of calling Maruti product not that strong at value proposition. Now that's something we dont usually come across.

Last edited by Aditya : 24th July 2022 at 16:42. Reason: Minor typo
aaggoswami is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 24th July 2022, 05:33   #144
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Overall, nice effort from Maurti, things are better than before but prices have shot up to an extent of calling Maruti product not that strong at value proposition. Now that's something we dont usually come across.
This is spot on, Earlier The Brezza was a strong value proposition, but now it feels overpriced for what it offers, other options feel much better value.

Last edited by Aditya : 24th July 2022 at 16:43. Reason: Typo in quoted text
Old 24th July 2022, 13:11   #145
BHPian

Booked the automatic top variant zxi+. Had a query. Is it possible to remove the big lettering on the rear profile? The one that says 'Brezza'?
Old 24th July 2022, 16:26   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmeparvathy9 View Post
I am in a similar situation, but I am only looking at automatic cars, and no AMTs by the way..
Excellent choice. So much more power and goodies for much less amount. Kia's experience is much better than Maruti's. Good luck!

Last edited by Turbanator : 24th July 2022 at 22:12. Reason: Trimmed quoted post.
harshbhat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2022, 17:56   #147
BANNED

Quote:
I was in the market for a second car. This time around, I wanted to own a Sub 4 meter SUV. I had already booked a Kia Sonet HTX 1 ltr Turbo with DCT.
For me, my Car has to be my second home. What better than Brezza? Definitely its priced a little higher, but when I consider the total cost of ownership including the fuel expenses, I think its a car worth considering if you are in the market for a sub 4-meter SUV. I may get mine in 2-3 months time.
Considering the price of the ZXI+ Manual, I would have gone for the Sonet HTX Diesel AT considering better availability than Sonet DCT, more mileage, power and better fit and finish. You definitely can't call the HTX Mid trim as it falls just below the HTX+ with only a few value additions on HTX+ over the HTX, moreover in the 2022 model, the GTX+ is basically a cosmetic upgrade over the HTX+ with no difference as regards feature addons. I believe the Brezza petrol in no way can catchup to a Sonet diesel both in terms of engine and fuel economy. I would get the 5-year service package and extended warranty and with all that it even won't cross 15 lakhs on road in our state.

Anyways, since you are happy with a manual, the Brezza would suffice.

Last edited by itsmeparvathy9 : 24th July 2022 at 17:57. Reason: trimmed quoted post
Old 25th July 2022, 09:10   #148
Hbh

I was at a car accessory showroom yesterday and I saw a new brezza drive in. I found out it was delivered the same morning. As it drove past me I noticed the biggest panel gap inconsistency in the boot door. The left side of the boot had a large gap and the right side was very small. After the person parked and left I went for a closer look and it was just as bad as I thought. I didn't want to take pictures as I thought it might be rude.
This was the first time I've seen the new brezza in person so I was being extra observant. Has anyone else noticed this in previous brezza too?
Also, why do manufacturers keep slapping on the biggest possible chrome lettering on their cars? Looks ugly. Some examples - Hyundai i10 nios, MG gloster, new Brezza.
Old 26th July 2022, 08:07   #149

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
I have till tomorrow to cancel on my allotted Brezza. I think I'll let it go. I've already booked the Honda while I explore more options. (The "USED" Car Price Check Thread)
Please share which car have you finalized and why. I too am considering between Brezza, 4th gen City and Nexon. Do you know the real world fuel efficieny of these cars? Is there a thread which has the mileage details of cars
Old 26th July 2022, 10:47   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi_ank View Post
Booked the automatic top variant zxi+. Had a query. Is it possible to remove the big lettering on the rear profile? The one that says 'Brezza'?
I don't think you can. Unlike the earlier cars, the new Brezza has that section of the boot done with hard plastic. I heard that its done so to prevent removal of the brand/car name

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks