Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2022, 08:41   #421
BHPian

Re: 2022 Maruti Brezza Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi_ank View Post
Bought home this beauty this week. Updates soon!
Congratulations on your new car.
ACMerchant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2022, 08:46   #422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel Bright View Post
2022 Brezza misses on:

1. Traction Control or Anti- Slip Regulation (ASR)
2. Hydraulic/Mechanical Brake Assist
3. Electronic Differential Lock
4. Motor Slip Regulation

Magnite gets 1 and 2.
Kushaq gets all 4.

The new Brezza 2022 has 1, 2 and 4.
Old 15th November 2022, 17:49   #423

Through my friends contact (his friend is a owner of popular maruti service centre in bangalore) , i got to know that there seems to be some "technical" issue with brave khaki color itself. Hence maruti had temporarily suspended production of that color models. So he is not sure if that has been corrected and maruti has resumed production of that color models. Has anyone heard about this ? If not, can you check with your dealers and confirm. I am also planning to confirm and see it.. If it turns out to be true, i am planning to change the color.
Old 15th November 2022, 18:20   #424
BHPian

Test drove Brezza - I really am not impressed with the FE (which is forgivable), drive quality for that FE, and most importantly, the dated interiors. Feels absolutely dire. I was really thinking of going for Brezza for a while for the MSIL reliability and

But Maruti should really stop taking customers for granted.
Old 15th November 2022, 19:17   #425
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by epiccross View Post
But Maruti should really stop taking customers for granted.
The question here is, why should Maruti change their business model? This thread itself is a proof that even the 'enthusiast community' (don't know if this term has any significance now a days) find the new Brezza a practical choice or 'the one which ticks almost all boxes'. Barring a few looking for performance, better interiors etc. a large majority is still finding it 'worth the money'. So for Maruti, the current business model 'works like a breeze', why fix something that's not broken.
pavi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th November 2022, 20:41   #426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
The question here is, why should Maruti change their business model? This thread itself is a proof that even the 'enthusiast community' (don't know if this term has any significance now a days) find the new Brezza a practical choice or 'the one which ticks almost all boxes'. Barring a few looking for performance, better interiors etc. a large majority is still finding it 'worth the money'. So for Maruti, the current business model 'works like a breeze', why fix something that's not broken.
I mean, Maruti is absolutely great when it comes to sales and more importantly after sales - which is a clear advantage for many to consider this a 'practical choice'. But when I spend like nearly 15L on a car, surely it's not wrong to expect better looking interiors and more features at the very least?

The difference was shockingly stark after going for a Kia test drive. I know that car has its own drawbacks, but the cheapness even in something like Grand Vitara is shocking - and that's like what, a car with 20L+ for top model?

Anyway that is my 2cents. I honestly feel this kind of complacency for a leading brand is really off putting. At least for me.
epiccross is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2022, 22:53   #427
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I mean, Maruti is absolutely great when it comes to sales and more importantly after sales - which is a clear advantage for many to consider this a 'practical choice'. But when I spend like nearly 15L on a car, surely it's not wrong to expect better looking interiors and more features at the very least?

The difference was shockingly stark after going for a Kia test drive. I know that car has its own drawbacks, but the cheapness even in something like Grand Vitara is shocking - and that's like what, a car with 20L+ for top model?

Anyway that is my 2cents. I honestly feel this kind of complacency for a leading brand is really off putting. At least for me.
I agree with you due to my own experiences with dwindling Maruti quality. Due to the shortage of vehicles manufacturers are driving up car prices to insane levels for the quality and features on offer and people are still going ahead and buying them leading to poor value for money for all buyers in the end - those who don't know what they are getting for their money and those who do know. In both cases you have to pay up and one party is unhappy while the other is blissfully unaware
Old 16th November 2022, 08:43   #428
BANNED

Quote:
In real life, there should be ' a need for change' for the change to happen right. Here I don't think Maruti is finding any need for a change. What most people expect from a Maruti are reliability, good after sale support, less maintenance, great fuel efficiency etc. They are delivering that consistently. Hard plastics, thin plastics, rattles etc. are known 'specialities' of a Maruti. Beta versions (initial batches) of Mahindra and Tata cars are also selling in spades in our market.

Any car buying decision is nothing more than 'the best compromise'. Decide what all compromises you are willing to make, you will arrive at a selection. For me, let the company stay with their core competencies, else becoming some one else would actually result in a diluted product, because our market is heavily 'price driven'.
Old 16th November 2022, 09:34   #429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
In real life, there should be ' a need for change' for the change to happen right. Here I don't think Maruti is finding any need for a change. What most people expect from a Maruti are reliability, good after sale support, less maintenance, great fuel efficiency etc. They are delivering that consistently. Hard plastics, thin plastics, rattles etc. are known 'specialities' of a Maruti. Beta versions (initial batches) of Mahindra and Tata cars are also selling in spades in our market.

Any car buying decision is nothing more than 'the best compromise'. Decide what all compromises you are willing to make, you will arrive at a selection. For me, let the company stay with their core competencies, else becoming some one else would actually result in a diluted product, because our market is heavily 'price driven'.

I mean my point was exactly that - you just can't be this complacent. That never ends well. Sure, the case might be different for Maruti as they're so dominant and they have their USPs.

And sure, you could say all these things about how "no car is perfect", but I would at least expect more when I'm spending my hard earned 15L on a car to at least look decent. I don't think there's anything wrong with that. It is really disappointing is all. Nexon has better interiors, Sonet has better interiors and features (and same with Venue) - even Kiger looks better inside. There is a need for upgrading the interiors and features for sure - and I don't mean make it premium, just make it less dated. They could be even more dominant with that and really they could surely do it at this price point where Brezza is priced even higher in its current iterations.
Old 17th November 2022, 13:08   #430
BHPian

Hello everyone. I am interested in installing floor lamp and ambient lighting strip near the dashboard area in my brezza(zxi+ at). Any idea about this? Is it doable without voiding warranty? The accessories guy at OSL Kolkata did not seem confident about this. Thanks in advance.
Old 17th November 2022, 21:56   #431
BHPian

Quote:
installing floor lamp and ambient lighting strip near the dashboard area in my brezza(zxi+ at)
Zxi+ already has blue ambient lighting, which includes footwell lighting.
Or is yours zxi?

If it is zxi, check if ambient lighting is listed as an accessory in the MSIL accessories website. If there is a listing, get it done from maruti, there would be no problem in installation and warranty claims.
Old 18th November 2022, 07:58   #432
BHPian

Quote:
There is a need for upgrading the interiors and features for sure - and I don't mean make it premium, just make it less dated. They could be even more dominant with that and really they could surely do it at this price point where Brezza is priced even higher in its current iterations.
I booked a Brezza ZXI+ AT just this Tuesday. I spoke about this at length with a senior salesperson in the Arena showroom. He said quite frankly that this is not the first time that customers have talked about the interiors being similar to cheaper Arena cars. He also accepted that several parts were shared across models, intentionally.

His opinion was that MSIL had focused on stuff being just functional and parts being easily replaceable. More effort has gone into the ride quality, the engine and the USP features like 360 degree camera. I too have my doubts whether this entire package was really worth 17.10 Lakhs on road Chennai, but I did not argue much, as I still wanted the car even if it looked overpriced by about 1/1.5 lakhs at least.

MSIL are definitely milking their customers for their reliability rag. But the way I look at it, ~50% of India are ok with being milked and are proving it with their pockets. This includes me as well, who chose to book Brezza over a Honda City and a Hyundai Venue N-Line.

Last edited by Small Bot : 18th November 2022 at 08:01. Reason: Spelling
Small Bot is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th November 2022, 09:12   #433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr4nkshaft View Post
Zxi+ already has blue ambient lighting, which includes footwell lighting.
Or is yours zxi?

If it is zxi, check if ambient lighting is listed as an accessory in the MSIL accessories website. If there is a listing, get it done from maruti, there would be no problem in installation and warranty claims.
Sorry, it's there it seems(footwell lighting is there). Mine is a ZXI+ AT only. What about ambient lighting around the dashboard area? It's not listed on MSIL website as an official accessory(yet). Should I get I done from outside? Not too sure about going for after market mods, specially in Kolkata. Please advise.
Old 18th November 2022, 09:32   #434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Small Bot View Post
MSIL are definitely milking their customers for their reliability rag. But the way I look at it, ~50% of India are ok with being milked and are proving it with their pockets. This includes me as well, who chose to book Brezza over a Honda City and a Hyundai Venue N-Line.
Yeah that's fair. I'm almost going to book Sonet, but I really was in two minds despite all this, whether to go for Brezza or not. This is not expected of them though, they should just do better, and I'm sure that they can and it will only boost their sales if anything. If it had a somewhat of a better package I'd have been strongly inclined towards Brezza.
Old 18th November 2022, 09:36   #435
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry, it's there it seems(footwell lighting is there). Mine is a ZXI+ AT only. What about ambient lighting around the dashboard area? It's not listed on MSIL website as an official accessory(yet). Should I get I done from outside? Not too sure about going for after market mods, specially in Kolkata. Please advise.
While I'd generally stay away from adding anything aftermarket during the warranty period, as long as no wires are cut and no damage to the original equipment is caused, I believe the warranty won't be void - if that's what you're worried about.

I'm personally not a big fan of dashboard ambient lighting, but everyone has their own preferences. I wouldn't prefer the aftermarket dealer to prise open the console bits for it, not when it's a brand new car.

I have no clue about who the better aftermarket mod dealers are though, in your area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Small Bot View Post

MSIL are definitely milking their customers for their reliability rag.
I meant tag !! I assure you it's a typo and not a Freudian slip.

Last edited by Small Bot : 18th November 2022 at 09:41. Reason: Missed quoting the posts

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks