Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2022, 16:47   #121
BHPian

Re: 2022 Hyundai Tucson Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayc123 View Post
Congrats. And when did you book?
Hello Ajay,

I pre-booked the Tucson on July 18th 2022 from the Hyundai website by paying Rs 50,000. Just today after the test drive proceeding with the purchase plan also changed the colour from Starry Night to Fiery Red DT.

Thanks!
Mathan1130 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th August 2022, 17:50   #122
BHPian

Checked out the vehicle in person today and man, it's M-A-S-S-I-V-E. Oodles of space inside out. Interiors ooze quality bits everywhere except for one or two odd plastics. The space and the quality of interiors did make me forget all the grunt I had over the pricing for once.

Get behind the wheel, and the story gets better. Hyundai knows a thing or two about diesel refinement and it shows! The little TD that I had around some broken patches of Chennai roads did prove that the car absorbs potholes with ease. This combined with the terrific acceleration once I got an open stretch threw a wide grin on my face and I was caught all surprised!

Coming from an eternal XUV 7OO waiting where there were quite a few off-putting downsides such as diesel clatter and the missing features + the long list of niggles that certain owners are facing, I was an instant convert. Well, the XUV certainly has better road manners, but the Tucson isn't all bad either, and we don't get that opportunity 98% of the time we get behind the wheel anyways.

While I never thought this morning I was going to reap anything out of that 50K booking I made on that launch day on Jul 18th, this TD made me realize it is worth all that extra bucks (Well this is purely subjective in that sense).

I was told my Starry Night color was one of the first deliveries, but because of my initial hesitance, that car was alloted to an another booking, nevertheless I am now informed the car would be made available no longer than a month or two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathan1130 View Post
Hello All,

Happy to share the good news I have confirmed my SA that we are going ahead with Tucson purchase.

Congratulations and I was following your decision making in this thread closely.

Quote:
Just today after the test drive proceeding with the purchase plan also changed the colour from Starry Night to Fiery Red DT.

Thanks!
What made you change the color and surprised that it did not affect your lead-time at all.

Starry Night is a color that is still a cat on the wall between me and my wife. But if we wanted to look elsewhere, none of the other colors are suiting just right. So we are sort of settling into what is being offered.

There is something with this color that changes between the pics and reality that I am not able to comprehend in words, but it somehow doesn't wow all that great in person as like any other color.

Cheers,
Vijay

Last edited by vvijay : 15th August 2022 at 17:54.
vvijay is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th August 2022, 18:14   #123
BHPian

I came across this video
It gives a fair idea about the AWD capabilities of old Tucson. You could see few sections at end where it looses grip but manages to climb with little bit of momentum. It is no true 4x4 for hard core offroading as we know already. However, to me it looks good enough for once in while casual offroad drive to farm plots on a hill Also, I am assuming that the new Tucson AWD would be improved but I could be wrong.

Last edited by ScorpWarp : 15th August 2022 at 18:19.
ScorpWarp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2022, 19:05   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvijay View Post
I was told my Starry Night color was one of the first deliveries, but because of my initial hesitance, that car was alloted to an another booking, nevertheless I am now informed the car would be made available no longer than a month or two.
Hello Vijay,

I saw the Starry Night today afternoon around 2 PM in bright sun light it was looking like a Black with Blue shades & I felt it will be difficult to maintain just like full black so changed the colour to Fiery Red DT which will look sporty for such a big SUV.

Note - Starry Night looks unique for me changes according to the exterior light colour looks black & sometimes like a dark blue.

The pricing was on higher side I was expecting around 35 to 36 Lakhs on road Chennai but was priced around Forty lakhs. So I had to convenience everyone for that additional 4 lakhs so after the visit everyone seems to be happy & we are proceeding further with purchase.

I was planning to replace tyres/add dash cam after purchase but now I have to wait for at least one month.

1.Planned to swap the OEM MRF tyres with MICHELIN PRIMACY 3 ST or Pilot Sport 4.

2.DDPAI X5 PRO dash Cam.

3.3M noodles Mat & 3M CR50 film for all the windows.

Thank you.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 15th August 2022 at 19:43. Reason: Trimming quoted post. Kindly quote only relevant sections of the post.
Mathan1130 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th August 2022, 21:32   #125
BHPian

Quote:

2.DDPAI X5 PRO dash Cam.

3.3M noodles Mat & 3M CR50 film for all the windows.

Thank you.
Congrats in advance.

Is there an official accessory list out ? Also, I wish there is official dashcam accessory provided by Hyundai. I do not think there is any USB port given on IRVM and I am always skeptical having wires running around roof and door sides.

I could find this third part accessory which looks pretty neat but need to get it shipped internationally
https://dongar.tech/products/hyundaikia

Also, have you evaluated PPF films on some of key areas such as bumpers and/or ceramic coating ?
neel911 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th August 2022, 21:53   #126

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
I do not think there is any USB port given on IRVM and I am always skeptical having wires running around roof and door sides.
Booked Tucson AWD and I've been thinking about installing a dash cam too.

I've installed Garmin Dash Cam 66W in my current car and I've run the parking mode cable through the roof and A-pillar, neatly tucked and made sure to use good adhesive tape to secure them to avoid any rattles. Make sure the wires don't interfere with the airbag module. There's no wire visible, except near the dash cam, which disappears behind the rearview mirror.

AN IMPORTANT THING:
Almost all showrooms install the FasTag right in the top center the windshield and people install sun film on top of it. It's a really bad practice and I've learnt this the hard way. In such situations, replacing the FasTag can be a pain (I had to, for installing my dash cam aligned to top-center of the windshield), you'll have to replace the sun film (Expensive, as it was 3M CR-70) and then the FasTag.
Always install FasTag on top right corner of the windshield, it's barely visible and it works properly.
992TurboS is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th August 2022, 22:03   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
Congrats in advance.

Is there an official accessory list out ? Also, I wish there is official dashcam accessory provided by Hyundai. I do not think there is any USB port given on IRVM and I am always skeptical having wires running around roof and door sides.

I could find this third part accessory which looks pretty neat but need to get it shipped internationally
https://dongar.tech/products/hyundaikia

Also, have you evaluated PPF films on some of key areas such as bumpers and/or ceramic coating ?

Thanks Neel.

I don't think there is an official accessory list from Hyundai but let me check with my SA. I have seen few installation video on youtube for DDPAI X5 dash cam it was neatly done without any wires hanging around the mirror area.

Personally i feel the PPF films won't protect from deep scratches & It's expensive for that cost we can repaint the bumper itself.
Old 15th August 2022, 22:43   #128

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitdan View Post
Exactly in the same situation. Would love to hear from other folks on their opinion around this.
I have a XUV700 possibly ready for delivery in a month. I had got the booking done on Day 1 and the showroom told me that I will get price protection for my top of the line 7 sweater luxury edition of the XUV 700.
I had also booked a Signature Petrol Tucson around a couple of months back. Although I am not surprised by the Tucson pricing, but after I looked the the Tucson, I went and checked the XUV700 again. At a first glance I was thinking about whether the price diff of nearly 10 lac is worth it or not. Also I was really not happy when the Hyundai showroom told me that the official memo talks about a 8 month waiting period for the car. I guess the waiting would be for subsequent bookings, and the deliveries for pre bookings would be sooner.

Tucson looks great, but is it 10 lac worth more great?

Also would there be any experiences folks on this forum could share about the drivability of the petrol NA on Tucson. I am not looking for a super zippy response from such a large car, but for my occasional highway drive, I don’t want to be underwhelmed while overtaking.

Thanks
There will be a marked difference in your ownership experience between the Mahindra and the Hyundai. Fit and finish, reliability, service experience for Hyundai i think is much better. My cousin ( we live in the same building) has a 2015 i20 active and a 2016 Creta petrol. He swears that all he has spent on so far is annual servicing and standard tyre changes on both cars. I travel in both his cars fairly frequently and they have aged really well. The touch screen on the Creta is terrible, but apart from that everything else has stood the test of time very well. His Thar (new model) on the other hand is just a nightmare, and sitting in it one can see the poor quality of materials used and the overall poor fit and finish. He's also had multiple issues and the service experience is very poor.
To use his words.. the difference between Hyundai and Mahindra is like the difference between a Dell and an regular assembled PC. On paper they match up, but the difference in price is made up by the quality, reliability, and ownership experience.
4wheels_2Wheels is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 15th August 2022, 23:07   #129
BHPian

I have seen few installation video on youtube for DDPAI X5 dash cam it was neatly done without any wires hanging around the mirror area.

For information purposes- what are the major reasons behind installing the dash cam? Is it a mandate now or going to be soon?
Old 16th August 2022, 07:02   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaurougeatSpa View Post
I have seen few installation video on Youtube for DDPAI X5 dash cam it was neatly done without any wires hanging around the mirror area.

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=VNhO...annel=Tech4All

For information purposes- what are the major reasons behind installing the dash cam? Is it a mandate now or going to be soon?
Hello there,

The dash cam is not mandate but it's nice to have which can be used capture First-hand Accident Evidence etc.
Mathan1130 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2022, 09:13   #131
BHPian

Quote:
I was planning to replace tyres/add dash cam after purchase but now I have to wait for at least one month.
1.Planned to swap the OEM MRF tyres with MICHELIN PRIMACY 3 ST or Pilot Sport 4.
How do you plan to get this done - Take the brand new tyres to the Hyundai dealership and get them swapped (not sure if they even allow it), or take the vehicle straight from the dealership to the tyre shop to swap the tyres?
I thought you might get a good rate if it is the former.

Also, can you please share Michelin's model (Primacy or Sport) and the exchange value when you execute this plan? Thanks
Old 16th August 2022, 09:47   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
On another note, the Citreon salesman informed me that C5 is getting a facelift in September and it is going to have a fully reworked premium dashboard and even the front would be different. Not sure whether its true, as I havent seen anything on that yet.
I guess maybe he was talking about this. The recently revealed global facelift of C5 Aircross:

Name:  Screenshot 20220816 094311.jpg
Views: 1446
Size:  62.3 KB
2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-screenshot-20220816-094415.jpg

Last edited by TechnoBloop : 16th August 2022 at 09:55.
TechnoBloop is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 16th August 2022, 09:58   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNL_Bandi View Post
How do you plan to get this done - Take the brand new tyres to the Hyundai dealership and get them swapped (not sure if they even allow it), or take the vehicle straight from the dealership to the tyre shop to swap the tyres?
I thought you might get a good rate if it is the former.

Also, can you please share Michelin's model (Primacy or Sport) and the exchange value when you execute this plan? Thanks
I planned to swap my OEM tyres from the outside dealer not from the Hyundai dealership (They don't do it). I am yet to get the value for old tyres I will keep you updated for sure.

MICHELIN PRIMACY 3 ST / Pilot Sport 4 would cost you around Rs 19,500 to Rs 22,000 per tyre.
Old 16th August 2022, 10:36   #134

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpWarp View Post
I came across this video https://Youtu.be/9CIdhHypk-g
It gives a fair idea about the AWD capabilities of old Tucson. You could see few sections at end where it looses grip but manages to climb with little bit of momentum. It is no true 4x4 for hard core offroading as we know already. However, to me it looks good enough for once in while casual offroad drive to farm plots on a hill Also, I am assuming that the new Tucson AWD would be improved but I could be wrong.
Given that the India variant is a LWB, would it hurt the off road capabilities?

Also, did a test drive on Sunday. This was in the city traffic and could not get any free long stretches. And in the city traffic, in spite of the size, it was easy to drive through. Barring one incident of a turbo kick in, there was no surprises. Surprise because i kept hearing of a linear acceleration and this sudden boost was not something I was expecting and that too in Normal drive mode.
And on looks per se, it is a little sober when you see in person and doesn't come off as too flashy to cringe.
Old 16th August 2022, 10:41   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
But the bigger question is - Is this New Tucson a Good Replacement for a Volkswagen Jetta?

That's something i haven't been able to get through.
I think it would be a reliable workhorse with more features and better ground clearance than the Jetta. The price is something that put me off but shouldn't worry you much as you've already decided. Its very easy to forget the few extra lacs once you start using the vehicle and coming from a Jetta I'm sure you'll use this well packaged car for a long time.

You've made a choice a lot of us are wanting and waiting to make.. wishing you the best!
TejasV is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks