Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2024, 15:04   #451
BHPian

Re: Maruti Fronx Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prabh View Post
Let me know what is the performance improvement or degradation after applying this filter.
Last weekend I was able to check the AC in the afternoon with traffic and full passenger load. The AC performance was the same before and after the cabin filter change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt3t0uring View Post
Fronx vis-à-vis Ignis
Powertrain Fronx is equipped with the new K12N engine with dual jet tech while the Ignis is powered by the older K12M engine. Ignis is by far the better performing car, it’s more responsive and feels effortless in acceleration.

Build, fit and finish: This is also where Fronx leads but only by a small margin. It’s got better plastics (on the door, dash), rolling the window doesn’t cause door card to flex. Fronx doors and bonnet are heavier than those of Ignis.
After I test drove the Fronx 1.2L MT Delta+, I also checked the interior of Ignis. I found the quality of the plastic material in Ignis to be inferior when compared to my 2009 Alto and Fronx.

I think the Fronx 1.2L engine is tuned for BS6.2 with better mileage. Someone who have tested Fronx 1.2L MT Delta+ with a Throttle controller can comment.

What I found annoying from day one is the Hill Hold assist from the ESP kicking in when the car in the incline (upward slope). With some passenger load with incline road in the MT, the engine gets switched off with the same clutch and accelerator level in 1st gear, I have to raise the accelerator further more in order not to switch off the engine. Last weekend I tried switching off the ESP and did not have any issue. May be the Hill Hold assist is good for AT only. May be we need some option to switch off certain features of the ESP.

The ESP in Fronx has the following systems:
Anti-lock Brake System (ABS)
Brake Assist System
Traction Control System
Stability Control System

Last edited by bobbyblr : 6th March 2024 at 15:10.
Old 9th March 2024, 21:21   #452

Hi Guys,

I am taking delivery of Fronx Deta+ AGS on Thursday and planning to get the following accessories installed from the dealership itself.

1. Connected LED Tail light (~8k)
2. Seat covers (~9k)
3. Mud guards/matts (-5k)
4. Diamond cut alloys (~37k) (will sell off the default alloys, PS: in case anyone is interested in them, do let me know)

Need suggestion from you guys on Reverse Parking camera (6.5k) is it worth spending and getting panels across the car opened up to get it installed. For context i have only driven suzuki dzire till now which is without the camera, and till now i have seldom felt the need of it.

Also, please let me know your thoughts if i should get anything extra installed or avoid any of the things i have enlisted above.

Will appreciate it.

Thanks.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 22nd March 2024 at 15:08. Reason: Spacing and formatting
Old 9th March 2024, 22:31   #453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan.drake9 View Post
Need suggestion from you guys on Reverse Parking camera (6.5k) is it worth spending and getting panels across the car opened up to get it installed. For context i have only driven suzuki dzire till now which is without the camera, and till now i have seldom felt the need of it.
I think it's better to get the reverse parking camera installed from the dealer itself. Reverse parking camera is really useful. Get the OEM type rear camera that will be fixed on top of the rear number plate (Part number is 990J0M74T09-010). Don't get the one that will be installed on the rear bumper.

I think the panels will be opened as I saw a seperate wiring harness coming before the A/C cabin filter cover in my Fronx.

I don't know why Maruti Suzuki did not give the rear camera for Delta+

Last edited by suhaas307 : 22nd March 2024 at 15:07. Reason: Minor spacing for readability
bobbyblr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2024, 18:48   #454

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyblr View Post
I think it's better to get the reverse parking camera installed from the dealer itself. Reverse parking camera is really useful. Get the OEM type rear camera that will be fixed on top of the rear number plate (Part number is 990J0M74T09-010). Don't get the one that will be installed on the rear bumper.

I think the panels will be opened as I saw a seperate wiring harness coming before the A/C cabin filter cover in my Fronx.

I don't know why Maruti Suzuki did not give the rear camera for Delta+
Gave in to the perseverance shown by the Accessories guys at Nexa, and agreed to get the reverse camera installed.

Got the PDI done today by Zekardo, took hardly 30-40 minutes. Good experience overall.

Also got to know that the additional Cash Discount being given by Maruti is only applicable if you purchase Insurance from them. And now i am forced to do that.

Can anyone confirm? I am getting it for 25k outside(a relative of mine is in this business) with all add ons, whereas maruti is offering 29k.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 22nd March 2024 at 15:08. Reason: Formatting quoted post
Old 13th March 2024, 06:48   #455
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti planning to wind up the turbo variant? Or is it just another "sticker job edition"?

Maruti Fronx Review-img20240313wa0000.jpg
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2024, 09:12   #456
Senior - BHPian

Among some of the mysteries of life is the inability of Maruti to sell the BoosterJet engine variants in decent numbers. I owned this engine in the form of a Baleno RS for over a lakh kilometres and there I can understand that it's suspension tuning did it no favours but still the engine itself was worth it given it's flexibility and responsiveness.

Got a chance to test drive the Fronx BoosterJet AT a week back for a relative of mine. Having sold my RS almost a year back, I was at home the instant I pressed the accelerator. It took off without a hint of lag. The throaty rasp that I loved in the RS was still there and what especially stood out was the gearbox in traffic..no hunting for ratios and super smooth as self respecting torque converter ATs should be. The paddle shift were great too and shifted up and down on demand as needed. But frankly the gearbox in regular drive mode was so well tuned that I hardly felt the need to use the paddles.

Press the accelerator and the mid range eagerness that I had in my manual RS was still there...if Maruti has tuned this engine for more mileage it hasn't affected the character much. I also put it into manual mode and loved the fact that it held onto the gear till you changed gears.

One great thing that Maruti has improved over the RS is the suspension tune. Even though it is suspended higher up than the RS the suspension was just great not feeling too soft given the power of the engine which was one of the drawbacks of the RS. If it hadn't been for the Jimny this could have been the RS replacement.

Maruti Fronx Review-img_20240309_125155568_hdr.jpg

Drive on,
Shibu

Last edited by shibujp : 22nd March 2024 at 09:16.
shibujp is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2024, 09:19   #457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Maruti planning to wind up the turbo variant? Or is it just another "sticker job edition"?

Attachment 2582319
Quite the opposite infact. They planning to introduce boosterjet in more variants.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...line-up-430474
ToThePoint is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2024, 14:09   #458
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToThePoint View Post
Quite the opposite infact. They planning to introduce boosterjet in more variants.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...line-up-430474
It should ideally be in more models to become a mainstream engine. Some models I see it fitting well is in the Grand Vitara, the Ciaz and the Brezza.

Drive on,
Shibu
shibujp is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks