Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2023, 17:18   #376
BHPian

Re: Maruti Fronx Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvs29 View Post
I went for Alpha AT Opulent Red primarily because of the tinted glass and 360deg camera.
Eagerly waiting for your ownership experience. I have also almost finalised Fronx Turbo AT. Wishing you best for the delivery!
SlowDough is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2023, 17:36   #377
BHPian

I booked Fronx Delta MT Brown.
~10.3L onroad at BLR.
Waiting period: 1-2 months due to unique colour.
Old 5th August 2023, 10:31   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowDough View Post
Eagerly waiting for your ownership experience. I have also almost finalised Fronx Turbo AT. Wishing you best for the delivery!
Did you manage to test drive the car? If yes, which dealer was it? Am not able to find a dealership which has Turbo AT for test drive. Only the AGS models are around.
Old 5th August 2023, 20:59   #379
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prabh View Post
Did you manage to test drive the car? If yes, which dealer was it? Am not able to find a dealership which has Turbo AT for test drive. Only the AGS models are around.
If it helps please scroll back a few pages I had written my experience of driving the booster jet. For the price you pay and the NCAP safety you may get ( Baleno derivative as per my assumption) it did not make sense to me. Performance it’s pretty decent and does the job.
Old 6th August 2023, 00:23   #380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Maruti Suzuki's Fronx is now in the top 10 bestselling cars for July. It stands at Nr. 7.

And Maruti Suzuki is reaping hnge success from its Baleno platform.

Baleno platform (Baleno+Glanza+Fronx) sold a massive 34,847 units.

Baleno - 16725 units
Fronx - 13220
Glanza - 4902

Source: Auto Punditz
Looks like Maruti have a sleeper hit in the fronx. After the price reveal, nobody would have expected this. Whether it will be able to sustain this is another question. Hope they don't axe the boosterjet citing low sales. They can keep that engine and offer it in models like the swift as well. Even for the competitors, I believe that a large chunk of sales is for NA models. But they still keep the Turbo petrols for the enthusiasts. The boosterjet may not be the best turbo petrol around but it certainly is a good alternative to the 1.2 NA that they have.
Old 10th August 2023, 15:45   #381
BHPian

Booked the 1.0 Opulent Red with Black top in Alpha MT variant. Wait time now is 6-8 weeks in Delhi. The 1.2 Delta+ or Delta are available sooner in the usual colors - Blue, Silver, The Alpha AT Blue was ready stock. Nexa Mayapuri, Delhi.
Prabh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th August 2023, 10:07   #382

Booked zeta turbo MT in Howrah West Bengal. The dealer said the wait period is 4-6 weeks, but they called me after two weeks to intimate that the car might be available within one more week. Fingers crossed!
Joydtraveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2023, 15:54   #383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harikrishnansp View Post
Looks like Maruti have a sleeper hit in the fronx.
====
The boosterjet may not be the best turbo petrol around but it certainly is a good alternative to the 1.2 NA that they have.
I read somewhere that Fronx is eating Baleno's sales.
dijkstraind is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2023, 14:30   #384
BHPian

At least 3 of my family friends who were confused between Baleno and Fronx have ended up buying Exter.
I'm pretty sure they would have bought Fronx long back if the 1.2 came in Zeta and Alpha variants.
I am not sure why Maruti is not introducing those trims on Fronx. It's clear people don't want to spend more than 13 on Fronx.
RohanPitre is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2023, 17:36   #385
BHPian

I think the Fronx 1.0 AT is a car that is difficult to understand. The Exter will make immediate sense to anyone.

Fronx 1.0 AT sits at a price point where one has to really ask themselves what the priority is. Fronx 1.0 AT is good only for someone who doesn't want:
  1. An Exter (basically a super premium WagonR, but is not meant for primarily highway usage)
  2. A Brezza (feels like a cheap car on the inside and dull to drive)
  3. The lowest variant of the Creta (which though is superbly specced, but comes with a manual)
  4. A Venue or a Sonet (which are both very small hatchbacks, have relatively unreliable automatics, but are very premium and have good features). An i20 too (low low low).
  5. A Skoda/VW (great to drive and safe, but with after sales that can be a gamble and has the ability to leave you stranded in the middle of nowhere)
  6. A Tata (the Nexon still feels like a luxury truck in comparison to all these, and the after sales is still far from reliable).
  7. A Jimny (because it cannot be the only car in the family)
  8. A Grand Vitara (because it is too big for venturing into small remote villages like Jibhi, unless you have a family to fit inside regularly)

I guess it is clear (even to myself now, all of a sudden) why we don't see so many of them around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RohanPitre View Post
At least 3 of my family friends who were confused between Baleno and Fronx have ended up buying Exter.
I'm pretty sure they would have bought Fronx long back if the 1.2 came in Zeta and Alpha variants.
I am not sure why Maruti is not introducing those trims on Fronx. It's clear people don't want to spend more than 13 on Fronx.
I find the Fronx 1.0 AT as a reliable, sexy, easy-to-live with, premiumish small car that will do everything decently well, for someone who needs a car that will always be ready to go for a long trip into remotish regions, be a good sight to look at while having the sugary highway tea, be comfortable on our new superfast expressways as well as broken countrysides, and return on its own 4 wheels to tell the tales. It will also be happy to go to the service centre by itself and come back without burning a hole in anyone's pockets or smiles. That is a lot to ask from a 15 lakh car, which arguable should have been a 14 lakh car, but what can we do about that. The Exter can't do that all that, speaking from the perspective of my 12 year old i10's ownership.

The moment you introduce the 1.2 NA and AMT on this model, it loses its key propositions. It becomes something like an Exter, which wont be good on the highways, won't have the reliability and premium smoothness of a TC, the ability to ferry 4 people and their luggage on our superfast expressways without a heavy foot - it becomes merely a Baleno on stilts, like the Exter is an i10 on stilts. The market can't see the value of a Fronx with the great engine and gearbox, I am not sure if they will see its value at 13ish lakhs with a worse combination.
SlowDough is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th August 2023, 06:11   #386
BHPian

I recently drove my friend's fronx for a highway trip through four lane highways and really bad state highways.

It was a delta plus AT. It is a superb car. Very planted and feels stable at 120+ speeds. Mileage was 17-18 kmpl. It's very comfortable over long drive.

I also feel all the hypes about AMT not being smooth is overrated. Maruti AMTs have come a long way. Majority of the people will not notice any gear shift. Even under hard acceleration, there may be a split second delay sometimes for gear shift, but it won't be noticed by most. It was even able to navigate through a really muddy section of the state highways without any issues.

Overall I felt it is an excellent car. Wireless apple CarPlay worked fine for the entire trip.
sumannandy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2023, 07:44   #387
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumannandy View Post
I recently drove my friend's fronx for a highway trip through four lane highways and really bad state highways.

I also feel all the hypes about AMT not being smooth is overrated. Maruti AMTs have come a long way. Majority of the people will not notice any gear shift.
How would you compare it with the earlier CVT in the Baleno/ Glanza? Would you say the AMT is more responsive?
Old 29th August 2023, 16:09   #388
BHPian

Hi,

I have a few doubts on Fronx Delta+ 1.2L MT/AMT variant:
  1. What is the size of the spare wheel / tyre ? Is it smaller or same as the other 4 main wheels / tyres (both diameter and width) ?
  2. Wiring provision for the Tweeters (with mating connectors) in the front doors ?
  3. Have anyone tried changing / upgrading the touch screen infotainment from 7" to 9" of Maruti Suzuki (developed by Clarion) ?
  4. Under-body protection at the front for the engine and transmission have been provided or not ?
I have already booked Jimny Alpha MT. But my mother is saying that Jimny is Jeep type and it's difficult for her to get in. So I am deciding to change the booking from Jimny Alpha MT to Fronx Delta+ 1.2L MT.

I don't want the 3-cylinder 1.0L Turbo Boosterjet engine.

I still need UV cut glasses, Rear view camera and driver seat height adjust.
For the UV cut glasses I can get some high transparency film installed from 3M, for the rear view camera there is already a official accessory available and for the driver seat height adjust I will use a pillow.
Old 6th September 2023, 13:11   #389
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki's Fronx makes it to the top 10 cars for the second consecutive month.

The overall Baleno platform (Baleno+ Fronx+ Glanza) sees a massive 35,612 units dispatched in August. It would only further increase in volumes when 'Toyota Taisor' debuts in the coming months.

Maruti Fronx Review-screenshot-20230906-131005.png

Source: Auto Punditz

Last edited by volkman10 : 6th September 2023 at 13:12.
Old 7th September 2023, 13:23   #390
BHPian

anyone got their deliveries of your Fronx as yet. Any initial ownership feedback of the Turboboost engine - MT/AT ....

And, has anyone noticed AC performance degrade in stop & go traffic?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks