Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2023, 16:38   #361
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Fronx Review

Maruti Suzuki has started exporting the made-in-India Fronx.

The first batch of 556 vehicles was shipped from Mundra, Mumbai and Pipavav ports to Latin America, Middle East and Africa.

Maruti Fronx Review-20230706_163716.jpg

Link
Venkatesh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th July 2023, 19:50   #362
BHPian

Happy to see a PCC Vessel from my company in the image. I have sailed on a similar albeit a bit older car carrier as the one in image. Fun fact: These ships are basically 14 level car parkings on the inside and are powered by ~20000BHP diesel engines.
Sorry for going OT @mods.
Maverick_4662 is offline   (31) Thanks
Old 12th July 2023, 13:34   #363
Distinguished - BHPian

Fronx CNG launched today. Launched in 2 variants, Sigma and Delta, promises 28.51km per kg of CNG.

Maruti Fronx Review-20230712_133245.jpg

Last edited by BoneCollector : 12th July 2023 at 13:37.
Old 17th July 2023, 09:06   #364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiousblock View Post
Overall, I feel it is not a VFM car. Those who want an SUV should go for Brezza or Kiger/Magnite. The Baleno Zeta/Alpha are a better VFM car if you don't want an SUV. Maruti should give the Zeta with a 1.2 L engine instead of introducing this variant.
Sir, how is the performance of the 1.2 Amt in Fronx? Does it feel effortless like in Baleno, Swift etc or strained? What is the average fuel efficiency in city after 2000 kms?

Last edited by ampere : 17th July 2023 at 09:15. Reason: fixed quote tag
Old 17th July 2023, 16:27   #365

Sales person go to any extent to sell their vehicles. I had enquired about the fronx and when the salesperson called me, I told him I will buy the vehicle only after a reputed agency certifies the safety standards of the Fronx. He tells me that the Fronx has received a 6 star rating and due to RTO guidelines, the vehicle has been given a 5 star rating. (I have no clue what he meant). Nevertheless I told him to share the article/ proof with me. He told me to google it and search. I requested him to share it and I was shocked at what he shared. Attached below is the screenshot.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Fronx Review-whatsapp-image-20230717-16.25.32.jpg  

vvinayakpai is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th July 2023, 17:03   #366
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvinayakpai View Post
Sales person go to any extent to sell their vehicles. I had enquired about the fronx and when the salesperson called me, I told him I will buy the vehicle only after a reputed agency certifies the safety standards of the Fronx. He tells me that the Fronx has received a 6 star rating and due to RTO guidelines, the vehicle has been given a 5 star rating. (I have no clue what he meant). Nevertheless I told him to share the article/ proof with me. He told me to google it and search. I requested him to share it and I was shocked at what he shared. Attached below is the screenshot.
lol April fools day anyone?

On the same date there is an article on Tata safari breaking the NCAP crash barrier and receiving a 6 star rating as well.
Vid6639 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th July 2023, 01:14   #367
BHPian

Hi Folks,

Need help. I browsed through eight pages of this page, however, could not find the reasoning behind people choosing Fronx over i20. Except for the ground clearance and the DCT gearbox, doesn’t I20 looks to be a better deal? Fronx looks to have its own advantage with the torque converter gearbox and a backing of Maruti. Feature-wise both looks like neck and neck, one part of me is leaning towards i20 N-line version for its handling and another side of me wants to stay away from DCT gearbox and for the first time experience owning a torque converter.

Appreciate if BHPians could opine.

FYI, all the automatics I have owned is from the house of Volkswagen, which was DSG.

Last edited by ampere : 3rd August 2023 at 21:07. Reason: formatted
Old 30th July 2023, 11:57   #368
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jangra View Post
Hi Folks,
Need help
I browsed through eight pages of this page, however, could not find the reasoning behind people choosing Fronx over i20.
I have not driven the Fronx but I had test driven i20 and didn't like the turbo lag and the steering feel (was too 'hard' for the city drive). Everything else was good.
Suggest you to drive both of them extensively and take a call.
Guna is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2023, 06:06   #369
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Hi Folks,
Need help
I browsed through eight pages of this page, however, could not find the reasoning behind people choosing Fronx over i20. Except for the ground clearance and the DCT gearbox, doesn’t I20 looks to be a better deal? Fronx looks to have its own advantage with the torque converter gearbox and a backing of Maruti. Feature-wise both looks like neck and neck , one part of me is leaning towards i20 N-line version for its handling and another side of me wants to stay away from DCT gearbox and for the first time experience owning a torque converter.
FYI, all the automatics I have owned is from the house of Volkswagen, which was DSG.
The Hyundai DCTs are not as fast as the VW DSGs, however, the i20 and i20 N-Line are great performing cars compared to the competition, in my opinion, when compared to the Fronx AT, I find the i20 or N-Line to be a better deal.

The torque converter gearbox is quite old-school but one of the most reliable as well, if you really crave a torque converter gearbox, then the Brezza and the Fronx are your best bets in the sub 15 lakh price segment.
bijims is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2023, 15:55   #370
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Folks,
Need help
Hi, I was in the same boat a month back. Did numerous TD of Fronx, i20 & venue n line. Decided to ditch Maruti found them boring compared to Hyundai's. I also own two VAG DSG, Hyundai DCT has some lag but are liveable and much better than Maruti TC.
TJ02 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2023, 16:33   #371
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki's Fronx is now in the top 10 bestselling cars for July. It stands at Nr. 7.

And Maruti Suzuki is reaping hnge success from its Baleno platform.

Baleno platform (Baleno+Glanza+Fronx) sold a massive 34,847 units.

Baleno - 16725 units
Fronx - 13220
Glanza - 4902

Source: Auto Punditz

Last edited by volkman10 : 3rd August 2023 at 16:38.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2023, 20:37   #372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post

And Maruti Suzuki is reaping hnge success from its Baleno platform.

Baleno platform (Baleno+Glanza+Fronx) sold a massive 34,847 units.

Baleno - 16725 units
Fronx - 13220
Glanza - 4902

Source: Auto Punditz
With Toyota's version of Fronx, it will get further boost
Old 3rd August 2023, 21:49   #373
BHPian

Quote:
Need help. I browsed through eight pages of this page, however, could not find the reasoning behind people choosing Fronx over i20. Except for the ground clearance and the DCT gearbox, doesn’t I20 looks to be a better deal?
I chose Fronx because I didn't want the DCT and Fronx is a bit better in terms of safety IMO. It has a stable bodyshell rating which the i20 doesn't. I also saw multiple fuel injector issues in this forum. I also saw 3-4 2022 i20 NLines for sale in spinny/cars24 in my city, at least 2 of which stayed on for more than a month. Didn't really give me confidence that the ownership experience will not give me headaches.

That last point may be more my mind trying to convince me out of the i20 though.
vvs29 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th August 2023, 15:00   #374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvs29 View Post
I chose Fronx because I didn't want the DCT and Fronx is a bit better in terms of safety IMO...

That last point may be more my mind trying to convince me out of the i20 though.
Which variant did you finally choose. I am stuck between the 1.0 Booster ZETA or stick to 1.2 Delta+

And, what is the waiting time the dealership is quoting. I got a wait period of 6 weeks for the Opulent Red. 2 weeks lesser if I request the boosterjet engine.
Old 4th August 2023, 15:45   #375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prabh View Post
Which variant did you finally choose. I am stuck between the 1.0 Booster ZETA or stick to 1.2 Delta+

And, what is the waiting time the dealership is quoting. I got a wait period of 6 weeks for the Opulent Red. 2 weeks lesser if I request the boosterjet engine.
I went for Alpha AT Opulent Red primarily because of the tinted glass and 360deg camera. I would recommend going for Zeta at least since it has side and curtain airbags, height adjustable driver seat, paddle shifters and rear view camera.

My waiting time is 45 days. 20 days left. Please note that Opulent Red in Alpha is available only in Dual Tone color which is an extra 20K.
vvs29 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks