Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2023, 12:28   #346
Team-BHP Support

Re: Maruti Fronx Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowDough View Post
...They also have the lane change feature (tap for 3 blinks on either side) which Brezza doesn't...
Slightly off-topic.

You sure of this bit? I'd be very surprised the lane change indicators aren't available on the Brezza, when it's present on cars like the S-Presso & WagonR.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 25th June 2023, 13:03   #347
BHPian

Quote:
- The turn indicator stalks felt better than Brezza. They also have the lane change feature (tap for 3 blinks on either side) which Brezza doesn't.
This is surprising - I guess the Brezza definitely has this lane indicator feature, because the older version did. I have a Toyota Urban Cruiser, which is essentially the previous Brezza and I use this feature extensively. Truly would be shocked if this feature has been eliminated on the new car.
jeetumg27 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2023, 15:13   #348
BHPian

First of all congratulations for your new Fronx. It looks smashing in that Nexa Blue shade. Did you notice the kmpl (actual not the displayed one) during your ownership? If yes then kindly do mention the situations under which it was achieved. Thanks!
Phantom 510 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2023, 16:31   #349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Slightly off-topic.

You sure of this bit? I'd be very surprised the lane change indicators aren't available on the Brezza, when it's present on cars like the S-Presso & WagonR.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeetumg27 View Post
This is surprising - I guess the Brezza definitely has this lane indicator feature, because the older version did. I have a Toyota Urban Cruiser, which is essentially the previous Brezza and I use this feature extensively. Truly would be shocked if this feature has been eliminated on the new car.
I clearly remember myself being surprised when I saw it in the Fronx. It was not there in the Brezza. I just checked the latest Brezza brochure too. It is not mentioned there.
SlowDough is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2023, 16:40   #350

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeetumg27 View Post
Yes, there is lane change feature. Lighly pressing the indicator lever activates it. I must say it may be confusing, if the lever is pressed with a bit more force the indicator is activated.

Source: I drive a Brezza 2022 MT.
bluemoon_kol is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2023, 17:06   #351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemoon_kol View Post
Yes, there is lane change feature. Lighly pressing the indicator lever activates it. I must say it may be confusing, if the lever is pressed with a bit more force the indicator is activated.

Source: I drive a Brezza 2022 MT.
The new Brezza was launched in 2022. Is yours the older one or the current one?

I checked the brochure again after your comment. It isn't there. Or maybe they've called it something else.

Funny thing, I checked Fronx's brochure too. It isn't mentioned there either. Now I am staring myself in the mirror with a very bewildered look
SlowDough is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2023, 22:37   #352

Quote:
The new Brezza was launched in 2022. Is yours the older one or the current one?

I checked the brochure again after your comment. It isn't there. Or maybe they've called it something else.

Funny thing, I checked Fronx's brochure too. It isn't mentioned there either. Now I am staring myself in the mirror with a very bewildered look
New Brezza. Zxi variant. Bought it Oct last year.
bluemoon_kol is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2023, 06:28   #353
VJB

I have a 2021 Brezza VXi 4speed TC , It has the feature, you just have to give a gentle click either down/up for the lane change feature.
Old 26th June 2023, 13:55   #354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemoon_kol View Post
New Brezza. Zxi variant. Bought it Oct last year.
I might be wrong then.
I will be driving one again soon, will check again.
Old 26th June 2023, 15:07   #355
BHPian

Checked this video:
See after 9.50. I can see the lane change indicator blinking thrice. So definitely an error in observation on my side! Apologies!
Old 28th June 2023, 23:20   #356
BHPian

Quote:
I clearly remember myself being surprised when I saw it in the Fronx. It was not there in the Brezza. I just checked the latest Brezza brochure too. It is not mentioned there.
Sometimes you can put too much pressure and activate the indicator. In my swift, if you actuate the stalk and bring it back immediately, the lane change indicator is activated. This should work in most marutis.
Old 29th June 2023, 11:20   #357
BHPian

Quote:
I test drove a Fronx today, along with Brezza (a day before), Ignis, Baleno and Nexon.
Just drive Venue and you will forget Maruti - I was an loyal customer for Suzuki India since last 20 years - but gave up last week and got Venue N Line - Its like melted butter.
Ashdel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2023, 13:26   #358
BHPian

The Brezza carries over the Lane Change indicator feature from its predecessor. It blinks for 3 seconds, if you mildly flick that stalk in either direction. It is also mentioned in the owner's manual in Page 3-32.

Source: Trust me, bro. I also possess the car and the owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashdel View Post
Just drive Venue and you will forget Maruti - I was an loyal customer for Suzuki India since last 20 years - but gave up last week and got Venue N Line - Its like melted butter.

Well, it depends. I personally felt there is not much performance difference in moderate city traffic, which is where my car spends 80% of its time. The difference becomes stark only when the car is given road space to stretch out. Also, I did not like the lesser cabin space in Venue compared to Brezza, neither did my father enjoy the throaty exhaust noise. He thought the silencer was removed.

To each, their own.

Last edited by Small Bot : 29th June 2023 at 13:31.
Small Bot is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2023, 18:17   #359
jsl
BHPian

Quote:
Checked this video: https://Youtu.be/YhsJDlxfOYk
See after 9.50. I can see the lane change indicator blinking thrice. So definitely an error in observation on my side! Apologies!
Yes this feature is present and can be turned off by going into the vehicle settings so it might be turned off in the vehicle which you test drove. It can be switched off in all the latest Maruti cars with the new smartplay pro head unit.
Old 4th July 2023, 21:32   #360
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti reaps the success of the Baleno platform.

Quote:
Do note that Fronx has maintained itself on the Top 25 list and the overall Baleno platform (Baleno+Glanza+Fronx) sold a massive 25,535 units!

Link

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks