BANNED

Re: Maruti Fronx Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagsaw View Post
Nissan Renault has announced 5000cr investment

their india plant is fully profitable

with limited sales outlets they have achieved almost one lakh sales of Magnite

i am optimistic not just for the sake of being one
but one plant shuts down snatches away thousands of direct and tens of thousands of indirect jobs

rattling noise not present in maruti cars?
To survive in India you need to understand the market, BTW Magnite is a cheap 'Datsun' and not a Nissan. The front grill is the big giveaway.

Launching cheap products will never find you a place in Indian market, Nissan still doesn't have a proper 'Nissan' product in their lineup, Magnite is a poor quality, built to cost 'Datsun' which is comparable to the rattling Altos and not the Global models like 'S-cross' or Grand Vitara or Brezza from Maruti. I have driven both Brezza and Magnite, Magnite feels 'Barebones' like a Datsun with no refinement or comfort, which the Brezza excels. Not sure about Fronx though.

And then there is the failed 'Kicks' which is 2 gens old compared to global 'Kicks', they simply have no clue and many Nissan dealerships are closing in Tier 2 cities already.

Last edited by tarmacnaut : 26th April 2023 at 05:51.
tarmacnaut is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2023, 09:21   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarmacnaut View Post
To survive in India you need to understand the market, BTW Magnite is a cheap 'Datsun' and not a Nissan. The front grill is the big giveaway.

Launching cheap products will never find you a place in Indian market,
This cheap product managed 4 star crash rating which neither Maruti no Hyundai have been able to achieve.

If thats not cheap, then what is?
sagsaw is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 26th April 2023, 10:20   #198

Price list shared by nexa dealer in BLR.

Alpha variant going above 16.5L
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Fronx Review-pricelist.png  

bharathrk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2023, 10:22   #199
BANNED

Quote:
This cheap product managed 4 star crash rating which neither Maruti no Hyundai have been able to achieve.

If thats not cheap, then what is?
Brezza is a 4 star crash rated product from Maruti. Nissan itself acknowledges that Datsun is a cheaper brand for developing markets.
Magnite might be safe, but still a Datsun underneath and that shows in the interior fit and finish.
Old 26th April 2023, 10:27   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarmacnaut View Post
Brezza is a 4 star crash rated product from Maruti. Nissan itself acknowledges that Datsun is a cheaper brand for developing markets.
Magnite might be safe, but still a Datsun underneath and that shows in the interior fit and finish.
Only one 4 star product.
Also the all new Brezza is untested for crash.

Last edited by sagsaw : 26th April 2023 at 10:30.
Old 26th April 2023, 11:28   #201
BHPian

I think the 1.0 pricing is a bit off but there is absolutely no doubt that this will not affect the sales one bit. The 1.2 pricing is pretty decent and that's where the lions share of the sales will probably come from. It's a good looking car and is decently kitted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by epiccross View Post
Magnite's build quality is poor as heck, you'll start hearing rattles in no time. Not to mention the pathetic state of Nissan and their after sales/support.
Agree about Nissan's after sales situation it certainly is questionable if not pathetic, disagree about the "rattles" statement. Maruti probably comes to the top of my list when I think of brands that make poorly built cars. Apart from the safety concerns, the actual interior material build quality is pretty bang average for most of their models. A friend's Baleno started making rattles after barely a month.

Last edited by SaiSW : 26th April 2023 at 11:35.
SaiSW is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th April 2023, 12:01   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Nissan Renault has announced 5000cr investment

their india plant is fully profitable

with limited sales outlets they have achieved almost one lakh sales of Magnite

i am optimistic not just for the sake of being one
but one plant shuts down snatches away thousands of direct and tens of thousands of indirect jobs

rattling noise not present in maruti cars?
Agreed, regarding Maruti's rattling issues. The build quality/interiors at least seems worse to the eye in Magnite, although true, Maruti is not known for this either.

Empty words don't mean much. They've even discontinued Kicks, and service network and service is not getting any better. Maruti despite sub par cars still has the massive market share because of the generally niggle free experience (relatively) and very good after sales. Nissan sorely lacks here. A manufacturer with single car portfolio is honestly not gonna thrive here. Ford was even testing new models, and still suddenly decided to shut shop here. India is a tough market, you have to scale up and offer good after sales to succeed here.
epiccross is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2023, 12:09   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by epiccross View Post
Agreed, regarding Maruti's rattling issues. The build quality/interiors at least seems worse to the eye in Magnite, although true, Maruti is not known for this either.

Empty words don't mean much. They've even discontinued Kicks, and service network and service is not getting any better. Maruti despite sub par cars still has the massive market share because of the generally niggle free experience (relatively) and very good after sales. Nissan sorely lacks here. A manufacturer with single car portfolio is honestly not gonna thrive here. Ford was even testing new models, and still suddenly decided to shut shop here. India is a tough market, you have to scale up and offer good after sales to succeed here.
https://www.news18.com/amp/news/auto...e-7090435.html

Thats Nissan Renault commitment for India in black and white. Fords exit was on the cards for long.

Nissans export is fully profitable and entire plant is profitable why will they exit.

One single model sells 75k units in less than 18 months with a paltry 60-70 showrooms if thats not a hit what is ...

i am not batting for Nissan here but for the people working for Renault Nissan India so jobs are on the line if a plant closes down . Singling out Nissan for quality issues when Hyundai cars break in 3 pieces on impact or many more non viral but real stories from many manufacturers.

Any way will rest it here as this is a Maruti Fronx thread.
sagsaw is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th April 2023, 13:14   #204

Infractions: 0/2 (11)

If there's vaccum for such a product in the market, Tata should consider the possibility of launching a two door version of the Tiago..... er, call it Tiago Sport whatever.

Two doors, smaller footprint, lower price..... ideally it shouldn't be that intensive an engineering process to do!
shortbread is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2023, 14:11   #205
BHPian

Wow! Just 2 years back, in Jan 2021, I bought 5th Gen Honda city CVT at the price of Fronx Alpha AT. This can't be just inflation.MS is trying to do what Hyundai and Toyota has done - premiumise.

Very sad times for car buyers I must say. For 1st time car buyers, it is still OK. But for people trying to replace their existing cars - it is extremely hard to move up to the new segment now.
Nav-i-gator is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 26th April 2023, 14:44   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueNM View Post
The pricing is definitely disappointing, I was expecting upto 15 Lakh OTR for the Alpha AT Turbo, but this is near 16L.
Can the forum members suggest C-SUV alternatives around 15L OTR? Only mandatory requirement is that it needs to be a proper Automatic
A few options of CSUV under 15 lakhs OTR (Hyderabad). CVT may or may not be classified as proper automatic by many, however, listed it.

Kia Sonet HTX 1.0 DCT
Nissan Magnite XV Premium (O) Turbo CVT
Renault Kiger RXZ Turbo CVT
Hyundai Venue N6 DCT (15.5 Lakhs)
Maruti Suzuki Brezza ZXI AT (15.5 Lakhs)
Venkat_Figo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2023, 15:12   #207

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkat_Figo View Post
A few options of CSUV under 15 lakhs OTR (Hyderabad). CVT may or may not be classified as proper automatic by many, however, listed it.

Kia Sonet HTX 1.0 DCT
Nissan Magnite XV Premium (O) Turbo CVT
Renault Kiger RXZ Turbo CVT
Hyundai Venue N6 DCT (15.5 Lakhs)
Maruti Suzuki Brezza ZXI AT (15.5 Lakhs)
Thanks for the suggestions. Brezza ZXI AT does seem sensible now (Well done Maruti ). I think I will make another round of calls to understand waiting period and decide.
TorqueNM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2023, 15:38   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhikumar629 View Post
Unless there are additional goodies inside the turbo vehicle which can help elevate the price
Only the turbo variants come with 6 airbags. This is a bummer, it’s like someone at Maruti decided that someone cannot have both good FE and good Safety
Old 26th April 2023, 16:14   #209
BHPian

All the talk about rise in input costs being responsible for higher prices for automobiles looks like loose talk.

Maruti clocks a Profit of 42 % Y-o-Y - Link
Old 26th April 2023, 16:46   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octane99 View Post
Attachment 2443566

Good Old Days of 2016, when we got this much of car for just 11.5 Lakhs!
Top End Variant, S P A C E, Decent Engine, Looks elegant.

Now people are telling me that I've to shell out ~16Lakh for a FROGGY Hatchback
Absolutely agree! We bought our Honda City V Mt for 10.8L OTR back in 2014. Car prices these days are giving me sleepless nights! We were looking to upgrade from the city to an Xuv700. But with the way it's price has gone up since launch, I have simply given up on the idea of picking up an suv anytime soon

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks