Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2023, 08:23   #91

Re: Maruti Fronx Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
The 6 star joke seems to be getting adopted by maruti sales folks. Much like the "land rover platform " Harrier, or the "Lamborghini speedometer" Beat. I doubt the average buyer knows enough to understand this is fake
Attachment 2439816
I doubt if the sales person knows this is fake
Bumblebee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th April 2023, 14:22   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
[center]
Next, all the seatbelts have to be buckled in while the car is being driven, even if there is no other person in it other than the driver. If not done, the seatbelt alarm keeps sounding. No, this was not a niggle with our test car. The system has been designed that way and it's incredibly stupid. What if you want to fold the rear seatbacks down to carry more luggage than the boot can hold?
Maruti would have been trying out some cheaper implementation of occupancy sensing for passenger seats, but they probably failed to make it reliable and accurate, and then they had to release the car to the market without it due to strict launch timelines.

This is hilarious.
clevermax is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th April 2023, 19:47   #93
BHPian

Price announcement by MSIL likely on 28th April.
Rahul Lal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2023, 23:11   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Maruti would have been trying out some cheaper implementation of occupancy sensing for passenger seats, but they probably failed to make it reliable and accurate, and then they had to release the car to the market without it due to strict launch timelines.

This is hilarious.
The Innova Hycross has something similar. If you unbuckle from one of the rear seats and move to another seat while the car is moving, then it keep blaring alarms at you till you buckle in the empty seat that you just vacated. I'm guessing it uses the opening and closing of the buckles rather than a pressure sensor.

Last edited by SDP : 17th April 2023 at 05:37. Reason: Typos
Cresterk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th April 2023, 23:29   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
MSIL should introduce the AWD All grip technology with both MT and AT options in budget category cars and pseudo SUVs. There is only one crossover with AWD only in MT- the Grand Vitara AWD in the entire market. And the OTR is approx. 19.7 lakhs, New Delhi. There is absolutely no option with AT.

This is a segment of Indian car market under 2 million INR which is entirely neglected by all car manufacturers. Or there is no real demand?
I assure you 99% of their customers will not care. And then ones who do care about AWD will not compromise on the rest of the car.
Cresterk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th April 2023, 09:50   #96
BANNED

They are showing Jimny in showrooms. But does not care to display/TD Fronx. How are we supposed to make decision if they want to start sales in next two weeks?
Old 17th April 2023, 17:37   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiousblock View Post
They are showing Jimny in showrooms. But does not care to display/TD Fronx. How are we supposed to make decision if they want to start sales in next two weeks?
MS probably anticipates the Fronx to do well as similar products from other manufacturers are doing well.

They are probably focusing on their experimental product to get most traction before launch.

V3 cars did a highway run of the TC turbo Fronx at 50 to 70 kmph for 100kms and came back with 15.5kmpl (if I remember correctly. I felt that was a little low for a car of this size.
Old 17th April 2023, 21:15   #98
Senior - BHPian

Can't fathom why the fuel economy is low for the speeds and condition tested at, 15kmpl at 70kph is too low for a 1.0 AT.

Hope the seat belt alarm implementation gets sorted out in production variant.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2023, 08:17   #99
BHPian

Guys, we had booked the Fronx recently (in Nexa Blue, Alpha AT trim) as a city runabout. But, if it price is going to be around 13.5L OTR, wouldn't it make more sense to pay a bit more and go for the Kia Sonet? I love the 1.5L diesel engine paired with a 6 speed TC on the Kia which I'm presuming is the same as the Hyundai 1.5?
Old 19th April 2023, 12:10   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadewilson View Post
Guys, we had booked the Fronx recently (in Nexa Blue, Alpha AT trim) as a city runabout. But, if it price is going to be around 13.5L OTR, wouldn't it make more sense to pay a bit more and go for the Kia Sonet? I love the 1.5L diesel engine paired with a 6 speed TC on the Kia which I'm presuming is the same as the Hyundai 1.5?
I personally think it will be 12-13l ex-showroom for the top end Fronx trim

The sonet is a good option but at the qouted prices you are looking at HTX Diesel clutchless variants which miss a few features and AT. Also the sonet facelift is coming end of year, so wait if you can for that.

Depends on your preference, and wait for the test drive.
Old 19th April 2023, 13:45   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadewilson View Post
Sonet is like 15.7 OTR, if you can afford that, the difference would be night and day between the two. The engine-gearbox combo is the best in the segment (according to me at least), plus added bonus of decent fuel efficiency.
Old 19th April 2023, 13:53   #102

I have been looking for an upgrade from my 11 year old Swift VDI. Key criteria being safety, proper automatic, ease of ownership. Have booked Fronx Alpha AT. Will make a decision after price announcement and after getting (hopefully) some info about the safety ratings. If the price is in the higher end (>16L on road), wondering whether I should extend my budget and go for Taigun 1.0 AT. Anyone having similar thoughts?
bharathrk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2023, 14:36   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharathrk View Post
I have been looking for an upgrade from my 11 year old Swift VDI. Key criteria being safety, proper automatic, ease of ownership. Have booked Fronx Alpha AT. Will make a decision after price announcement and after getting (hopefully) some info about the safety ratings. If the price is in the higher end (>16L on road), wondering whether I should extend my budget and go for Taigun 1.0 AT. Anyone having similar thoughts?
In the same boat. Looking to replace my 12yr old Ritz.

Any idea what type of auto transmission is on the Fronx? Everywhere it is just mentioned as AT.
Old 19th April 2023, 14:56   #104
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaykk View Post
In the same boat. Looking to replace my 12yr old Ritz.

Any idea what type of auto transmission is on the Fronx? Everywhere it is just mentioned as AT.
They have both AMT and TC. The 1.2 NA engine comes with AMT. The 1.0 Turbo comes with TC. It is mentioned in the website.
m8002? is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2023, 05:47   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComboCutter View Post
I personally think it will be 12-13l ex-showroom for the top end Fronx trim

The sonet is a good option but at the qouted prices you are looking at HTX Diesel clutchless variants which miss a few features and AT. Also the sonet facelift is coming end of year, so wait if you can for that.

Depends on your preference, and wait for the test drive.
If the Fronx will retail at 12-13.5l ex-showroom, then the OTR might breach 15L I guess. In that case, I think paying a bit more and getting the 1.5L of the Sonet would be better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by epiccross View Post
Sonet is like 15.7 OTR, if you can afford that, the difference would be night and day between the two. The engine-gearbox combo is the best in the segment (according to me at least), plus added bonus of decent fuel efficiency.
Initially we had booked the Fronx thinking it would only be a little more expensive than Baleno, but if Maruti prices it around 12-13.5L (ex-showroom), then I think paying a bit more and getting Sonet would be better for us. The 1.5L diesel feels much better for me than the 1.0L boosterjet. But anyway, will reserve judgement once I TD the Fronx and it's price is revealed.
wadewilson is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks