Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2023, 23:04   #31
BHPian

Re: Maruti Fronx Review

Great review! This is quite an interesting car. Forgive me for the noob question, but what's the difference between the hybrid system in the Fronx compared to something like the Grand Vitara?
Old 9th April 2023, 23:18   #32
BHPian

This does seem to have a better built quality than the usual!

The rear armrest and front parking sensors will be sorely missed!

It's unfeasible to integrate the front sensors properly in an aftermarket scenario.

The saving grace is the presence of the dead pedal!
Old 9th April 2023, 23:48   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Next, all the seatbelts have to be buckled in while the car is being driven, even if there is no other person in it other than the driver. If not done, the seatbelt alarm keeps sounding. No, this was not a niggle with our test car. The system has been designed that way and it's incredibly stupid. What if you want to fold the rear seatbacks down to carry more luggage than the boot can hold?
This has to be the most studipest thing I've heard or expected from a car manufactuer installing in a vehicle. What's the point? No one expects to keep all the seats buckled in. Is this MSIL's way of showing their safety conern? If so, they can do it in terms of build quality, not such gimmicks. Really disappointed here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKR9900 View Post
Great review! This is quite an interesting car. Forgive me for the noob question, but what's the difference between the hybrid system in the Fronx compared to something like the Grand Vitara?
The Grand Vitara has 2 Hybrid systems on offer, the Mild Hybrid (Neo Drive) and the Strong Hybrid. My guess is that the former (Mild Hybrid) has made it's way onto the Fronx, just like the Brezza.

Last edited by Bismaya : 9th April 2023 at 23:51.
Bismaya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2023, 23:50   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKR9900 View Post
what's the difference between the hybrid system in the Fronx compared to something like the Grand Vitara?
In Fronx, you get a mild hybrid setup. Maruti Suzuki have been implementing this for years within the Ciaz and older Baleno models. You get a Li-ion battery but it only assists the power delivery from your engine. It cannot propel the car on it's own. Some people even call it fake hybrid. The advantages offered are a bit more power and better mileage.

Grand Vitara on the other hand is a proper hybrid, somewhat closer to a Prius. You have bigger batteries that power the car at lower speeds. When you need the speed, the engine takes over. Suzuki's global partnership with Toyota was signed primarily to get hands over this hybrid technology.

I may not be completely accurate with the above info, please feel free to correct me if so.
professortarzan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th April 2023, 23:58   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post

Maruti Fronx Cons

• A few missing features like sunroof, TPMS...

Safety

The Fronx is loaded with safety features like ESP, ABS,... TPMS, ...
@Mods, seem some confusion here. Does Fronx come with TPMS or not?
I did not see any reference to it in the MID section also.
MyLife_MyCar is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 10th April 2023, 01:34   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
Damn! I really really liked the Fronx and this would be my pick among its segment due to the 1.0 turbo+torque converter combo but this 'feature' is a major red flag.
It's actually a really minor thing - will probably be fixed with a software update before customer deliveries are made for most cars and a few will get the fix during their first service.
McLaren Rulez is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th April 2023, 04:55   #37
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLife_MyCar View Post
@Mods, seem some confusion here. Does Fronx come with TPMS or not?
I did not see any reference to it in the MID section also.
Corrected. It does not get TPMS.

Thanks.
Aditya is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 10th April 2023, 06:28   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Great review this time. I hope the AT is also tested soon.

This is going to be a sleeper hit for Maruti. Don't get me wrong but there could be many people who would shift their booking from Jimny to Fronx. This may even cannibalize the Baleno!

I like this overall package and suits my requirement, especially of 3 point seatbelts for all. I can go for it in future when need arises.

Good job Maruti.
BoneCollector is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 10th April 2023, 09:50   #39
BHPian

The Fronx should have got its own identity at front rather than resembling the Grand Vitarra.

Ditto for the interiors, should have been differentiated from the Baleno.

Fronx may end up eating Brezza Sonnet n Venue numbers.

Baleno numbers may remain intact.

Only if they had given its own identity at front ...
Old 10th April 2023, 10:43   #40
BHPian

Omitting driver seat height adjustment even on the top end model (Delta+) of 1.2 NA engine is crazy. So, those who dont want to buy 1L turbo engine option won't get driver seat height adjustment
MSAneesh is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2023, 10:58   #41
BHPian

Great review!

This is a head turner from Maruti's stable. Now, it only depends on the pricing of the Fronx, a comfortable bracket should be from 7L to 9.5L Ex (NA), and Turbo for 9.9L Ex. Anything above this, the competition for compact SUV - Magnite (1L Turbo), Kiger (1L Turbo), Venue, and Sonet will eat the Fronx for breakfast.

Am not comparing Punch here because it is a step down in the league of compact SUVs. From a price bracket of 8L to 11L there are other way better options available than the 3pot non turbo M/AMT.

Those paddle shifters surely deliver a good experience, but again, the Turbo may not feel as a drivers' car knowing the numbers its returning. Plus, no driving modes which is being offered by the competition.

Hope Maruti prices it right.
EshanS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2023, 11:03   #42
BHPian

Very good review as usual.Regarding the FRONX, it has all the elements necessary for success, like any Maruti product. However, the seat belt alarm seems like a joke. I'm eagerly awaiting the sales charts to see how it performs.
Bonemechanic is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2023, 11:24   #43
BHPian

Excellent Review, as always

The package looks extremely good and if priced well, I don't see a reason why our Janata will not make it a super hit.

I am a bit confused as to where the Fronx is placed, is it a competition to Tata Punch, Citreon C3 or Kia Sonet and Mahindra XUV300?

The engine options looks like its a competition to Punch and Citroen C3. But the measurement rivals Sonet and XUV300.

Regards
chandrda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th April 2023, 11:40   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSAneesh View Post
Omitting driver seat height adjustment even on the top end model (Delta+) of 1.2 NA engine is crazy. So, those who dont want to buy 1L turbo engine option won't get driver seat height adjustment

Pay few extra bugs and get the seat changed, I believe the bolting would be exactly same for the height adjustable seats. I had done the same thing in Baleno a few years ago.

Last edited by CA Dhruv : 10th April 2023 at 11:41. Reason: Ommission
CA Dhruv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2023, 11:48   #45
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Looking forward to driving the Fronx, but based on what I read, I like it already .

- Great styling! Absolutely love the looks.

- Turbopetrol with torque converter AT is so welcome (no Maruti 1.2L NA petrols with AMTs for me...ever).

- Top level of safety kit including 6 airbags & ESP.

- Comfortable ride quality. I can't live with bumpy suspensions.

Main downer to be is the interior plastic quality, but I don't see that as a deal-breaker. The competition had better be nervous, the Fronx has all the makings of a blockbuster if Maruti prices it well.

The seatbelt guffaw is a big one and I am surprised it passed Maruti's internal tests. Am sure they will roll out a fix ASAP.

Last edited by GTO : 10th April 2023 at 11:52.
GTO is offline   (34) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks