Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2023, 14:57   #181
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Fronx Review

Why people are talking only about 1.0 here? I think 1.2 is priced well and most of the sales will come from that model only. I agree that 1.0 is priced little higher but MSIL must be happy by total numbers sold, whether it's 1.0 or 1.2, doesn't matter. When 2 cars are similar in price, many people choose Maruti over other cars due to their reliability, peace of mind, resale value and service it offers. Maruti surely has one more winner in hand, tough time ahead for cars like Kiger, Magnite.
aniketi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2023, 15:36   #182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
Maruti surely has one more winner in hand, tough time ahead for cars like Kiger, Magnite.
Absolutely! This car will be a sure hit.

I guess the reason why 1.0 is the ‘only’ discussion point is because of the lack of 1.2 in the Zeta variant. Those who want a well equipped car (Zeta or above) have to opt for the 1.0 only.

Further, while the 1.0 boosterjet (and the 6AT TC gearbox) is an engine that an enthusiast would want, the three cylinder design is a deal breaker on paper.

Fronx 1.2 Zeta and 1.2 Zeta AGS could have been a sub 10 lacs (lower road tax bracket) models easily and would have been a complete product feature wise for an average car user.
PaddleShifter is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th April 2023, 15:43   #183
BANNED

I think the pricing is fine, looking at the Brezza sales numbers.

Just visit the Brezza thread and see the posts, the pricing was atrocious back then. But now Brezza regained the top seller chart and has beat the Nexon by good margin.

The thing is the general public buys mostly mid variants, VXi or Delta. Even in Bangalore most of the Brezzas I see are VXis. The Delta 1.2 variants of Fronx are really well priced.

So, if one wants a budget SUV from Nexa, he will buy the Delta Plus 1.2, if he wants top end features he will go for Baleno top end. And to keep the competition turbo variants in check, there is the Zeta and Alpha variants. Maruti seems to have played well IMO, let's see.

Last edited by tarmacnaut : 25th April 2023 at 15:44.
tarmacnaut is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th April 2023, 16:03   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagsaw View Post
Disagree.

All 75,000 Magnites sold are they all facing problems rattles issues?

Dont think so, and hence generalization not right.

Every brand every model has horror stories from some customers.

Each vehicle model serves its own targeted set of customers well.
Okay, in that case the only way to make any comments in general is to take a comprehensive survey and then see if there are exceptions. Sure, it's anecdotal, but the forums is all about sharing those right? You can just head over to the Magnite thread and see that a lot of users have faced rattling issues among other things. It's disproportionately higher - compared to something like a Brezza or Baleno which is relatively niggle free. I'm speaking from personal experince as well

And ofc Nissan after sales is subpar at best, not to mention the questionable future of the company who just has one selling model.
Old 25th April 2023, 17:10   #185

The NA versions were priced adequately to sell in massive numbers but it is quite an interesting pricing for the Turbo versions. I feel that MSIL should have lowered the price, considering Brezza which has a better-refined engine is priced at more or less in a similar price bracket. People will definitely buy this, in huge volumes, with the past track record of the company.

I personally feel the turbo pricing should be in and around 11-12 lakhs which gives a clear advantage against the crossover coupe-styled c-SUVs, especially the Kiger/Magnite twins. But the Turbo CVT versions of the latter cars, in their updated versions of 2023 have added a few missing features, and have had a better safety rating might account for a decent buy, if not for their visible cost-cutting in the interiors and few parts. As someone pointed out, these cars should receive another update soon, or else their share of the market will be blown away by the new launch.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 25th April 2023 at 17:32. Reason: spacing for readability
Old 25th April 2023, 17:23   #186
Senior - BHPian

I think the 1.2 NA versions priced just about fine, these variants of the Fronx can kill Magnite and Kiger 1.0 NA versions. I feel even the Punch might take a bit a hit in sales numbers once they launch the Alpha variant.

Coming to Turbo-charged engines, if feel all manufacturer's (except Tata's Nexon) are overpricing these variants to have distinction and give owners some bragging rights. Enthusiasts will surely go for the Turbo variant of the Fronx once they step into the showroom. Safety aspect aside, I think it has all the goodies needed when compared with Kia Sonet or even the Skoda Kushaq.
Old 25th April 2023, 18:21   #187
BHPian

Overpriced turbo variants !!

Fronx is a Baleno with redesigned front and back and doesn't offer anything substantial for the premium charged. And the name just sucks
sulliavi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th April 2023, 18:36   #188
BHPian

If Maruti could have plonked the Turbo in Brezza, it would have bought down the prize of Brezza. Why create a new car when they could have given all the features + engine in Brezza itself?
Old 25th April 2023, 19:07   #189

here is the price listMaruti Fronx Review-ing.jpeg
cherub is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2023, 19:34   #190
Senior - BHPian

Other than following the general trend of cars becoming pricier everyday I think the pricing is quite good. The 1.2 gives you a Baleno with all the traits of a cross over SUV. For the 1.0 turbo, compare prices with the 1.0 litre variants of the Sonet and Venue. The Fronx is more spacious than both too.

Drive on,
Shibu
shibujp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th April 2023, 19:36   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopalnt View Post
If Maruti could have plonked the Turbo in Brezza, it would have bought down the prize of Brezza. Why create a new car when they could have given all the features + engine in Brezza itself?
Very unlikely in my opinion. For this they have to use the 1.0 turbo for the entire Brezza line up. Using the turbo either in the lower or higher models might create problems for mid variant pricing. Even if they decides to do it in the top end models like in Fronx, they will add one or two feature like Ventilated seat, electric seat adjustment and in fact increase the price by about 50k .
d-g-p is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2023, 19:55   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RohanPitre View Post
Better safety score, better road presence, better fuel economy and engine refinement, better boot space, and perhaps more mature ride too. MS have basically added above 3.75L for the boosterjet, TC and styling. I feel that's a lot. Heck, I have seen the German SUVs at 16L in second hand market with barely 10k on ODO. I will buy them if I'm spending 15.5L anyway.
Absolutely second that thought, Rohan.
Brezza vs Fronx is a near no brainer. The only place it makes sense to me as a prospective buyer to side with the Fronx in that race would be if I want a slightly low budget grand vitara like looks with a booster jet and torque converter.

Brezza however feels like a more finished product than Fronx. Of course the Safety Rating. Interior is more composed than Fronx(which has too many things going on; tjis characterisation may be subjective). Fronx gives the feeling of a more raised hatchback feeling instead of a CrossOver or compact SUV (an association that Brezza stands out very well on).

Not sure what Maruti is planning to do with this from a design perspective. Somehow, I still feel Fronx is going to sell in boot loads given the house of Maruti it comes from.

Last edited by SixPistons : 25th April 2023 at 20:00. Reason: Punctuation, side comments
Old 25th April 2023, 20:12   #193
Distinguished - BHPian

On road prices for Ranchi, Jharkhand:

Maruti Fronx Review-img20230425wa0025.jpg
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th April 2023, 20:40   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixPistons View Post
Absolutely second that thought, Rohan.
Brezza vs Fronx is a near no brainer. The only place it makes sense to me as a prospective buyer to side with the Fronx in that race would be if I want a slightly low budget grand vitara like looks with a booster jet and torque converter.

Brezza however feels like a more finished product than Fronx. Of course the Safety Rating. Interior is more composed than Fronx(which has too many things going on; tjis characterisation may be subjective). Fronx gives the feeling of a more raised hatchback feeling instead of a CrossOver or compact SUV (an association that Brezza stands out very well on).

Not sure what Maruti is planning to do with this from a design perspective. Somehow, I still feel Fronx is going to sell in boot loads given the house of Maruti it comes from.
If at all they launch a Fronx 1.2 Alpha AMT, that might sell well. They can price it for about 13.5L OTR (2L premium only for styling). At that price, they can even throw a proper TC and almost kill the competition, but they won't do it. I like the Fronx 1.2 pricing, but why would I pay almost same as Baleno to get a less feature packed car?
The turbo variants are making this car look badly positioned. I know it undercuts Venue & Sonet, but they have better turbos. Hyundai is not giving you a i20 cross, but a baby Creta. MS have royally messed up the positioning of a decent product.
RohanPitre is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th April 2023, 22:55   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by epiccross View Post

And ofc Nissan after sales is subpar at best, not to mention the questionable future of the company who just has one selling model.
Nissan Renault has announced 5000cr investment. Their india plant is fully profitable.

With limited sales outlets they have achieved almost one lakh sales of Magnite.

I am optimistic not just for the sake of being one but one plant shuts down snatches away thousands of direct and tens of thousands of indirect jobs.

Rattling noise not present in maruti cars?

Last edited by moralfibre : 27th May 2023 at 00:42. Reason: Please use appropriate formating and grammar in your posts.
sagsaw is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed