Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2023, 10:39   #241
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Fronx Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiousblock View Post
Went to check Fronx in showroom yesterday. Here are my thoughts.

3. Those who want proper AT must not spend money on Fronx. Get Brezza or Grand Vitara.
The Fronx has a proper 6 speed Torque Converter AT in its top Alpha trim, Turbo Petrol 1 litre variant. That is the best of all the variants.
shankar.balan is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2023, 11:12   #242
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
The Fronx has a proper 6 speed Torque Converter AT in its top Alpha trim, Turbo Petrol 1 litre variant. That is the best of all the variants.
My curiosity was also piqued by his comment right there about the Fronx AT; perhaps he is alluding to the 1 L turbo engine's mating to the 6 speed TC AT transmission? As in, we know that the Brezza's K15C engine mated to the 6 speed AT is tuned for efficiency and it is not a fast combo. Perhaps the Fronx AT is worse off than that even
locusjag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2023, 11:20   #243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
My curiosity was also piqued by his comment right there about the Fronx AT; perhaps he is alluding to the 1 L turbo engine's mating to the 6 speed TC AT transmission? As in, we know that the Brezza's K15C engine mated to the 6 speed AT is tuned for efficiency and it is not a fast combo. Perhaps the Fronx AT is worse off than that even
Let us look at this video review.
I dont think there is any issue on performance.

I like Sergius Barretto. He is a good unbiased reviewer.
shankar.balan is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2023, 15:15   #244
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks for taking time to pen down your thoughts after checking out the car yourself

Could you please elaborate though, on why you think the Fronx AT isn't all that good? I've been trying to get information on the Fronx AT as it seems to have a proper torque converter AT gearbox.

Maybe I'll take a test drive of this variant of the Fronx too...no active purchase decision pending on my side; it's just curiosity, is all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Quote:
There might be misunderstanding here. I was not commenting on technical aspects of AT variant. I was expressing my opinion that AT variants are not VFM, and prospective buyers should check Brezza/ Grand Vitara and other options. Fronx Zeta AT and Brezza ZXI AT has only 50k-60k difference in my state. While looks are subjective Brezza clearly is better car in comparison with Fronx. Even Grand Vitara Delta AT is just 1 Lakh more.
Anxiousblock is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th May 2023, 16:39   #245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiousblock View Post
I have some queries.
1. Can we install seat height adjust? I've seen some videos on Baleno. or is it better to use pillow type height increase.
2. Rear camera: Can we get same as zeta model? My showroom said they will install by drilling bumper.
1. I think this should be possible as seat mounts must be same for all variants. You should be able to fit the higher spec variant seat in lower model.

2. OEM style rear camera are available as I have seen my friend from Kerala install one in his car.

Check Blaupunkt models here:

https://blaupunktcar.in/buy/blaupunk...rse-Camera/14/

Not sure if they can be used with OEM HU or not.
Old 10th May 2023, 01:00   #246
FNM
BHPian

Has anyone test driven the Fronx and found the AirCon cooling to be inadequate? I drove one the other day for about 30 minutes and even with the temperature setting at minimum the cooling was inadequate. Yes, the fresh air control was set to recirculating, and I double checked other settings. Increasing the blower speed only made the air warmer. Granted the test drive was at noon on a hot and humid day, but even so the cooling was certainly inadequate. The sales person had no clue whether this was normal or a defect. Has anyone done a test drive on a hot sunny day? Did you notice whether the Aircon cooling was adequate?
Old 10th May 2023, 10:55   #247
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti's Fronx makes it debut in the top 20 cars dispatched in April. Except for Dzire and Aura, sedans are facing a big challenge.

Maruti Fronx Review-screenshot-20230510-105748.png

Last edited by volkman10 : 10th May 2023 at 10:58.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2023, 11:58   #248

I have a booking for Fronx AT with the Bimal Nexa showroom in Mahadevapura (BLR). I am finding it difficult to cancel the booking since the sales executive is not reachable. And they are not responding in the whats app group they had created exclusively for my booking. Is there a way to escalate this? And if you try to call their showroom, it gets directed to some dumb IVR.
Old 10th May 2023, 14:33   #249
Senior - BHPian

Got a chance to check out Fronx in showroom, i was expecting ingress and egress to be better than Baleno, but i couldn't really make out the difference.

Baleno after suspension replacement ( Actually an unofficial recall ) was already jacked up, i guess they simply added some cladding and changed the front and back looks to make it fronx.

If you look at dimensions closely, only height is 50mm more, and that could be due to those fake rails at top.
silverado is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th May 2023, 16:15   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
Got a chance to check out Fronx in showroom, i was expecting ingress and egress to be better than Baleno, but i couldn't really make out the difference.
Exactly my thoughts as well. Seating position is really low and when seated, it gives the feeling of a sedan rather than a compact SUV. Seating position in my Ignis is much higher.

Even though GC is increased by 10mm, the overall feel while driving is still same as of old Baleno which could be a deal breaker for many. Its just a Baleno with slightly higher GC nothing more, nothing less.
rahul412 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th May 2023, 18:22   #251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carma2017 View Post
I have no evidence to believe if it is so but Fronx would be one step above the Baleno in my opinion looking at the Kerb weights and vehicle positioning.
While I cannot discard the hypothesis that the extra weight is because of reinforcements, it is interesting that you think that, because offset deformable barrier testing is more severe for larger cars. As for features the Baleno is now equivalent to the Fronx.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carma2017 View Post
I would look at the upcoming Nexon facelift before passing any verdict on Fronx. As of today, Fronx is more VFM on paper than Nexon if we ignore the existence of Nexon EVs. We cannot compare safety ratings, as both vehicles are untested as per updated GNCAP norms. My guess would be both cars would be 4 star rated as of today.
The Autocar "scoop" article makes no mention of Tata adding curtain airbags to the Nexon facelift. Until that happens, the Nexon will not make it past three stars. However in a hypothetical scenario where GNCAP picks up the Fronx and Nexon, if Maruti continues to refuse to cooperate with GNCAP for side pole/ESC/pedestrian testing then it might still end up below the Nexon which IMHO will be a bad look for GNCAP more than Maruti. But Mr Raman in a recent interview seemed pretty confident about a Bharat NCAP soon.
Old 10th May 2023, 19:12   #252

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharathrk View Post
I have a booking for Fronx AT with the Bimal Nexa showroom in Mahadevapura (BLR). I am finding it difficult to cancel the booking since the sales executive is not reachable. And they are not responding in the whats app group they had created exclusively for my booking. Is there a way to escalate this? And if you try to call their showroom, it gets directed to some dumb IVR.
Wanted to update this thread. Bimal sales executive (he was away due to family engagements) did get in touch with me today evening and shared me the details for initiating the cancellation process.

Last edited by bharathrk : 10th May 2023 at 19:39.
Old 10th May 2023, 19:17   #253
BHPian

Casually visited the Nexa dealership in my city to checkout Fronx. They had the Sigma variant on display, and Delta+ variant parked outside. Alpha variant was only to be found in the parking lot.
I could not get a test drive of any Fronx variant as the sales executive reported they do not have the clearance yet (something related to GST clearance) and should be available this week. But he pointed out 1.0 AT won't be available anytime soon for test drive. Weird.

Few observations comparing it with the Baleno Alpha that I also tried:
1. The only way you can tell them apart from inside is from the colour of textured finish on interiors (maroon vs blue)
2. The higher sitting position in Fronx is not evident at all. It felt exactly same as Baleno
3. The SE confirmed that reverse camera can be added to Delta+ trim. But no upgrade possible for infotainment system
4. He confirmed that Fronx will be available for delivery within 2 weeks. Looks like the bookings aren't plenty. He claimed same timeline for Baleno.
5. He personally recommended me to buy Baleno Alpha over Fronx Delta+ as that gets me more features.
6. He also confirmed that most customers are interested in 1.2 variants of Fronx. Some of them are preferring to buy higher variant of Baleno for same price.
7. Zeta is the favourite variant among 1.0 customers. Potential Alpha customers are considering upgrade to Grand Vitara instead.

I'm personally thinking I'll rather buy Baleno Alpha AGS than Fronx Delta+ AGS. The bigger infotainment, reverse camera, rear AC vents, front armrest and UV cut windows are big features to miss out in Fronx Delta+.
I will reserve my final verdict for when I can drive the Fronx, but I don't think the 1.2 will be much different than Baleno. Certainly no SUV feels.

Fronx could have hugely benefited from a 1.2 Alpha variant at 13-13.5L OTR. Looking at Hyundai Exter's variants, MSIL should've at least gone the VW way in providing top variants across both engine options.
RohanPitre is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th May 2023, 22:19   #254
FNM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNM View Post
Has anyone test driven the Fronx and found the AirCon cooling to be inadequate? I drove one the other day for about 30 minutes and even with the temperature setting at minimum the cooling was inadequate. Yes, the fresh air control was set to recirculating, and I double checked other settings. Increasing the blower speed only made the air warmer. Granted the test drive was at noon on a hot and humid day, but even so the cooling was certainly inadequate. The sales person had no clue whether this was normal or a defect. Has anyone done a test drive on a hot sunny day? Did you notice whether the Aircon cooling was adequate?
UPDATE
I test drove another Fronx at a different dealer today. Also at midday. AirCon was better than the first, but I would say the cooling was adequate at best, not great. I feel the two front center air vents are too small, and that could be the problem. This side vents are a good size though. By the way, both vehicles were the top of the line variant with the 1 litre turbo-petrol and 6-speed torque converter transmission.
Old 10th May 2023, 22:38   #255
FNM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post

Driving the Maruti Fronx 1.0L Turbo-Petrol MT

Next, all the seatbelts have to be buckled in while the car is being driven, even if there is no other person in it other than the driver. If not done, the seatbelt alarm keeps sounding. No, this was not a niggle with our test car. The system has been designed that way and it's incredibly stupid. What if you want to fold the rear seatbacks down to carry more luggage than the boot can hold?
An update on the seatbelts. This is a cost cutting exercise to avoid installing sensors in the seats. However the seats do fold properly with the seat belts engaged. I checked.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks