Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2024, 14:19   #2776
BHPian

Re: Maruti Jimny Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT145 View Post
Yes, it's the same advertisement they were showing in Dubai, and it's the 5 door Jimny.
Your ride is a sure head turner! I think the blue black colour suits the car best (although mine's white). Enjoy!

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 18th January 2024 at 03:23. Reason: Quote tags
sanhan10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2024, 14:38   #2777
BHPian

Hi All, I have a question on the tyre brand 'Ultramile'. Are their tyres any good ? Any experience/feedback on the quality ? Kindly provide feedback if anyone of you have used this brand in the past ?

Here is the AT tyre which I liked for Jimny ! Costing almost same as Yokohama's Geolandar AT 215/75R15 tyres , but I really like design pattern on Ultramile. I am little skeptic about Ultramile' long term usage, hence seeking your opinion !

https://ultramile.in/products/215-75-r15-um-4x4-at-bull

Last edited by VivekWalia1986 : 16th January 2024 at 14:43. Reason: Mentioned the price
VivekWalia1986 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2024, 16:11   #2778
BHPian

Looks like its raining Jimnys on TBHP. I hope they give 5 year or so free maintenance package or something to people who bought them earlier.

I think Maruti gave discounts to cover the upgrades that people are buying in sprucing up the CSUV (cute SUV)
PreludeSH is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th January 2024, 23:23   #2779
RDS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
Then I realised that since the lower coils contributed most to the softer initial and early compression phase I decided to slide the rear buffers lower down one level on the coils and viola! The body roll is not as pronounced - it still exists but to a lesser degree. The experience of intense momentary irritation and flash headache has toned down by 50%. The car also takes pot holes at high speeds like a champ - much better than without the suspension buffers.

I don’t know if I got defective shocks from factory that don’t damp as well as other Jimmy’s because only few people have reported the problem. In my case it was extremely bad.

As a bonus the body stance has also improved ever so slightly. I did measure the before-install height and then promptly forgot the measurements a few days later so I can’t tell by how many cm the body height has increased. But I am guessing less than 1.5cm. (Next person to install - please do report the before and after body height and tyre profile and pressure).
Won't this positioning cause suspension issues by limiting the movement significantly? Especially in the places with very bad roads, no roads etc, this position might not allow suspension to take these bumps correctly, and this can cause issues with various other parts.

I would suggest to go to Nexa Service and ask them to solve the problem (of course, they shouldn't see the buffers.) They won't accept easily and in that case another Jimny with no such issue would help.

Last edited by RDS : 16th January 2024 at 23:25.
Old 17th January 2024, 14:56   #2780
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanhan10 View Post
haven't noticed any such behaviour in mine. I have done approximately 2500kms since Sept 2023. Please update regarding the issue
So the Service station returned the car after doing a free Wheel Alignment. The sound when we reach full lock to the right has gone but the difference in how the steering feels when it reaches full right lock persists. They told me that the steering was turning a bit more to the right at full lock as compared to the left and that they fixed it by doing the alignment. 3 other customer cars that came in for service have the same issue. I checked with the dealership's test drive Jimny and it had the same issue.
For reference, mine is a one-month-old Alpha AT that has run 3k km which is a mix of off-road, highway, and city use. Everything is stock except an EVCX throttle controller.
A friend of mine told me his Gypsy with an aftermarket power steering and also his old Jeeps(no power steering) would turn a bit more to one direction than the other. Is this type of behavior common in recirculating ball-type steering?
Old 17th January 2024, 15:06   #2781
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunsatheesh View Post
So the Service station returned the car after doing a free Wheel Alignment. The sound when we reach full lock to the right has gone but the difference in how the steering feels when it reaches full right lock persists. They told me that the steering was turning a bit more to the right at full lock as compared to the left and that they fixed it by doing the alignment. 3 other customer cars that came in for service have the same issue. I checked with the dealership's test drive Jimny and it had the same issue.
For reference, mine is a one-month-old Alpha AT that has run 3k km which is a mix of off-road, highway, and city use. Everything is stock except an EVCX throttle controller.
A friend of mine told me his Gypsy with an aftermarket power steering and also his old Jeeps(no power steering) would turn a bit more to one direction than the other. Is this type of behavior common in recirculating ball-type steering?
Thank you so much for this update. My Jimny too is an alpha AT and is completely stock except the EVCX just like yours. I have the stock tyres on the car. Will keep a conscious lookout for this issue.
sanhan10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2024, 15:20   #2782
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDS View Post
Won't this positioning cause suspension issues by limiting the movement significantly? Especially in the places with very bad roads, no roads etc, this position might not allow suspension to take these bumps correctly, and this can cause issues with various other parts.

I would suggest to go to Nexa Service and ask them to solve the problem (of course, they shouldn't see the buffers.) They won't accept easily and in that case another Jimny with no such issue would help.
It does not prevent compression of coil springs significantly just slows down the compression to prevent loading the under-performing dampers with the rapid shocks it would otherwise experience. One day I will attach my hero7black to the underbody and drive it so we can see how the buffers compress under load. Even I am curious.

I think the coil springs are never meant to touch each other at full compression and the buffer is most likely limiting the final few centimeters of movement thus increasing ride height at full compression - this is why the buffers are advertised for the problem of cars bottoming out over humps and scraping the underbody.

All I can say that the ride is a noticeably more poised with these buffers in place and it feels even better over badly potholed roads at higher speeds.

I am sending my car in for the 6 month servicing and I don’t plan to remove them. Let them see it.
Ragul is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th January 2024, 15:47   #2783
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunsatheesh View Post
I find the following Suzuki Jimny Blog to give useful insights into the car's problems and strengths. Maybe you can get in touch with them

https://suzukijimnyblog.com
sanhan10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2024, 16:27   #2784

I went to "Learn Offroad" level-1 course with Dr. Tejas last weekend. Loved it. However one observation that I had was that 4L seems to get dislodged in my Jimny when I take her through some rough section. Will check it again this week end when we go for offroading. Has anyone else faced this issue?
Old 18th January 2024, 03:06   #2785
BHPian

Could someone please advise if:
1. The steering wheel buttons have backlighting present.
2. If so under what conditions they switch on or how can they be switched on?
Old 18th January 2024, 07:06   #2786
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bump-Stop View Post
Could someone please advise if:
1. The steering wheel buttons have backlighting present.
2. If so under what conditions they switch on or how can they be switched on?
Steering wheel buttons are backlit and it comes on when you turn on the parking lights of the car
hemanth.anand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th January 2024, 09:57   #2787
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4master View Post
I went to "Learn Offroad" level-1 course with Dr. Tejas last weekend. Loved it. However one observation that I had was that 4L seems to get dislodged in my Jimny when I take her through some rough section. Will check it again this week end when we go for offroading. Has anyone else faced this issue?
The 4L engagement needs a heavy rearward pull along with a press. In my case my engagement procedure wasn't proper initially and took a few attempts to figure out. However if the shifter is getting dislodged after it was engaged properly and the car already started moving in 4L, then it needs to be addressed at service centre.
Kandisa is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th January 2024, 11:08   #2788

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandisa View Post
The 4L engagement needs a heavy rearward pull along with a press. In my case my engagement procedure wasn't proper initially and took a few attempts to figure out. However if the shifter is getting dislodged after it was engaged properly and the car already started moving in 4L, then it needs to be addressed at service centre.
I believe this is the case with my car ( getting dislodged after getting engaged). Tejas Sir is trying to help me get some contact in Maruti Bangalore. Dont want to take my vehicle to regular service station as their understanding of 4wd is minimal. Will update once I get it checked.
Old 18th January 2024, 15:35   #2789
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4master View Post
If you have the floor mounted storage, please remove that and check.

Maruti Jimny Review-20231231_162434.jpg

Although we get a feel that it is engaged, it is not actually engaged completely. The floor mounted storage tray obstructs the lever stick a little bit. Removing that will enable pulling it completely.

Additionally I got a lever extender from Swastikfabs which now makes it easier to shift especially to 4L. With additional length, there is some lever vibration but that's not a big problem

Maruti Jimny Review-71b9g6ql4l._ac_sl1500_.jpg

Maruti Jimny Review-71ypc6rrb0l._ac_sl1500_.jpg

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 18th January 2024 at 15:42.
hemanth.anand is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th January 2024, 16:07   #2790

[quote=hemanth.anand;5701978]If you have the floor mounted storage, please remove that and check.

I have not installed the floor mounted storage. I will take the Jimny for some off-roading this weekend and check it out. The extender looks interesting.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks