Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2024, 14:02   #2866
BHPian

Re: Maruti Jimny Review

hi, this is the page on disabling auto stop from the Jimny E manual. Hope this helps.
I would not recommend removing the sensors which can impact the firing of the front air bags. too big a risk to take.

Aside - isnt it weird that these new cars are coming without a physical manual in the glove box ? Call me old school but there was a satisfaction of reading a new manual with the new car smell.
Instead my Sales rep, whatsapped me this E-Manual, after i brought to his notice that there was no manual in the car.

Cheers.
K.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Jimny Review-jimny-auto-stop.png  

Ksingh544 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th January 2024, 14:11   #2867
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksingh544 View Post
hi,
Aside - isnt it weird that these new cars are coming without a physical manual in the glove box ?

Cheers.
K.
Many people have simply got the PDF version printed in colour and bound and kept for their reference.
Old 30th January 2024, 14:59   #2868
BHPian

Maruti Jimny Review-img_2430.jpg

Found this very interestingly modified Gypsy.

The notable thing is it's wheels - they are Jimny alloys with stock tyres!

Would there be any modification needed to fit these or can they just be bolted on to the Gypsy?
dileep is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th January 2024, 17:03   #2869
Senior - BHPian

A recent interaction with a Thar owner got me thinking that the price I paid for the Jimny is actually quite reasonable. He had got a manual, RWD hard top diesel Thar for 16.20 lakhs on road in Kerala. Curious I checked out the price of a 4x4 manual diesel Thar 4x4 and it was around 21 lakhs.

What the Jimny lacks in comparison
1. Road presence and machismo
2. Powerful engine

What the Jimny gains in comparison
1. Very practical family vehicle given the five door configuration
2. Excellent set of features
3. Excellent ride quality
4. Very practical boot space

I am quite satisfied that I have got an excellent deal on a 4x4 given that a 4x4 That 5 door is easily going to be closer to the 30 lakh range.

Drive on,
Shibu
shibujp is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 31st January 2024, 11:42   #2870
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Many people have simply got the PDF version printed in colour and bound and kept for their reference.
That is a good idea, I will do the same also. I found it strange that its not coming as a standard with the vehicle. I guess this MSIL trying to be "sustainable".

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
A recent interaction with a Thar owner got me thinking that the price I paid for the Jimny is actually quite reasonable. He had got a manual, RWD hard top diesel Thar for 16.20 lakhs on road in Kerala. Curious I checked out the price of a 4x4 manual diesel Thar 4x4 and it was around 21 lakhs.
I had a similar experience when booking the Zeta Manual. The Mahindra showroom was next door, so i went to see the updated Thar pricing, in December 2023. I was looking for the Petrol Manual Hardtop.

The price differential was so much, that the Jimny became a no brainer.

Jimny Zeta Manual Petrol - Rs. 12.3L on road Delhi

Thar Petrol Manual Hardtop - Rs 17.8 on road Delhi.

That delta is just too wide to justify a Thar. I am so glad MSIL gave this year end discount and i got a solid 4x4.

Also regarding the Auto Engine off, I turned it off yesterday. I am enjoying the drive so much more. Driving for me involves being in the "zone" and the constant stopping and engine cutting off, was very annoying. While slowing down, in the back of your mind, you know the engine will go off. I was always tensed up waiting for that and didnt enjoy the feature.

I am so much happier with it turned off. When you start the car, you need to press the auto engine off button once and the corresponding lights comes on the instrument cluster (refer picture). P.S - how good does the Gypsy style instrument cluster look, a real throwback.

The feature does go off when the car is turned off.

But its literally the press of a button each time, takes less than 2 seconds.

I was surprised to see on this thread hacks being shared, like taking out the sensors, which can impact the air bag deployment. When Maruti has literally given a button for it.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Jimny Review-whatsapp-image-20240131-11.35.44-am.jpeg  

Last edited by Axe77 : 31st January 2024 at 21:50. Reason: Spacing for readability. Also, please use caps were needed.
Ksingh544 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st January 2024, 14:15   #2871

Hey Everyone,

I have been a silent observer of the teambhp forums for a while now. I was debating whether I wanted to go for a Gurkha or a Jimny and thanks to all the useful reviews here (and also the fact that the upgraded Gurkha never ended up launching at the time they were anticipating) helped make my decision. I picked up an Alpha manual variant and took delivery back in November from the Bambolim Nexa in Goa.

Since then I have clocked about 4200 kms with two 1200 km+ trips on it. I have swapped the stock tires out for the Conti cross contact tires, have upgraded my speakers to the Polk audio db series along with a Sony under seat woofer. Added a few other things like an arm rest and swapped out the front grill as well.

The car is fantastic for my use so far and have not found it underpowered for my driving habits. Once you get a feel for it highway driving and overtaking become second nature.

My only complain and this is where I would appreciate any suggestions if someone has any is on the front seats. I used to have a Baleno and a Duster and now the Jimny is the mainstay. The front seats are pretty uncomfortable for my wife and myself for anything beyond a 200 km drive. I'm 6'1 and at the end of a long trip have some or the other back pain. I am in pretty decent shape and struggle to find the best positioning with these seats. I wanted to change both the seats if possible but considering the seat and side airbag I am weary to do anything.

Does anyone have any recommendations on what to do with the seats and any dealer / garage in Goa that might be able to help out with it?

Thanks for any advice in advance.
ghosttravels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2024, 15:44   #2872
Distinguished - BHPian

I took my Jimny for a brief offroad drive. Just wanted to share this, so that others can get cautious on this.

One of the lowest points in the underbelly of the Jimny is the protruding metal to protect the radial arms.
While crossing a ridge I scraped against a boulder, and the metal part got slightly bent. Of course it was my fault, I should have been more careful. But such an accident can happen. A guard to protect these, if one is taking the Jimny for regular otrs will be recommended.

Maruti Jimny Review-img_9565.jpeg

Though bringing it back in shape was a less than 5 mins job, but it is not desirable.

Maruti Jimny Review-img_9576.jpeg

Last edited by Samba : 31st January 2024 at 15:54.
Samba is online now   (25) Thanks
Old 31st January 2024, 16:28   #2873
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dileep View Post
Attachment 2566980

Found this very interestingly modified Gypsy.

The notable thing is it's wheels - they are Jimny alloys with stock tyres!

Would there be any modification needed to fit these or can they just be bolted on to the Gypsy?
I believe the wheels are a straight swap. I will cross check again and update. EDIT: i have checked with an expert and yes it is a straight swap.

Another thing. In Bangalore there is a rumour that they have diverted all Jimnys to the export fulfillment. And that they are moving to the earlier Gypsy model. Book, pay advance and wait for your car to be produced and fulfilled. The rumour goes on to say 8-12 weeks waiting period.

I need to ask some of the Nexa folks if indeed this is true or not. And I will update.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 31st January 2024 at 16:31.
shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2024, 16:49   #2874
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
I took my Jimny for a brief offroad drive. Just wanted to share this, so that others can get cautious on this.

One of the lowest points in the underbelly of the Jimny is the protruding metal to protect the radial arms.]
Samba take a look at what Guru in his video explains:

watch from 4 minutes onwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Book, pay advance and wait for your car to be produced and fulfilled. The rumour goes on to say 8-12 weeks waiting period.

I need to ask some of the Nexa folks if indeed this is true or not. And I will update.
I checked with NEXA chaps here in Dehradun, they said the same thing - now JIMNY on order only.
dileep is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2024, 17:38   #2875
BANNED

Did the 4x4 Masters Off road challenge organised by Maruti in Delhi,

It was quite the challenge, very tough for novice off-roaders, still everyone was mighty impressed what the Jimmy could do!

The end result beauty was that there was negligible difference in stock and modified Jimny timings (modified being tires bigger than 235, mechanical upgrades)

The car is a mountain goat and the way it climbs up is legendary!
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Jimny Review-21d3320c6f2b4278a151805abdbf19bf.jpeg  

Maruti Jimny Review-1505f73e44d94a37ad794ff5193ebc32.jpeg  

Maruti Jimny Review-fcc4a43884eb4849a750154b86623963.jpeg  

Last edited by suhaas307 : 31st January 2024 at 18:35. Reason: spacing for readability
vinayak_90 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 31st January 2024, 17:48   #2876
BHPian

Hi, has anyone installed the radial arm mount guards from Bimbra ? any reviews on the quality ?

Swastik fabs doesn't have a dealer in NCR so my option right now is only Bimbra, unless anyone in NCR is aware of alternatives, would really appreciate them.
Old 31st January 2024, 18:24   #2877
BHPian

Hi Folks,

Some of the important accessories that are available for the 5-Door Jimny in South Africa but not provided by Maruti Suzuki in India.

Front grille With Suzuki logo.
Part No. 9911C-78R01-ZSC
Maruti Jimny Review-front-grille_9911c78r01zsc.jpg

Front differential gear guard.
Made of 3mm aluminum plate.
Part No. 9912J-78R31-000
Maruti Jimny Review-front-differential-gear-guard_9912j78r31000.jpg

Rear differential gear guard.
Made of 3mm aluminum plate.
Part No. 9912J-78R41-000
Maruti Jimny Review-rear-differential-gear-guard_9912j78r41000.jpg
bobbyblr is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 31st January 2024, 19:56   #2878
BHPian

My Jimny is going for its first service tomorrow, having done about 1400 kms in 20 days. The Service station has said it will only be a general checkup + washing & cleaning.
Can anyone provide information on what all is covered in the first free check service please ?
Thank You.
K.
Old 31st January 2024, 20:47   #2879
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayak_90 View Post
The car is a mountain goat and the way it climbs up is legendary!
Your Jimny looks smashing. Can you share more details about the event and difficulty level? Can owners who are very new to off-roading participate?

Can you also share your views on how MT performs compared to AT in offroading?
Old 31st January 2024, 22:56   #2880
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksingh544 View Post
My Jimny is going for its first service tomorrow, having done about 1400 kms in 20 days. The Service station has said it will only be a general checkup + washing & cleaning.
Can anyone provide information on what all is covered in the first free check service please ?
Thank You.
K.
There is nothing much than what has already been told by the service centre, unless there is any specific issue faced by the owner. You may ask to check the rattling in window glass in partially open condition if they have any solution (which they won't in all probability). You may also enquire about their response on the offset in the steering wheel or slight pull towards left/ right whichever is applicable in your case.
Kandisa is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks