Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2023, 11:22   #1606
BHPian

Re: Maruti Jimny Review

Finally got my Jimny. Though it was the very first booking with the particular dealer, somehow the delivery was delayed this much.

Thanks to this group for giving me all the relevant information at the right time... Looking forward for more...
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Jimny Review-fullsizerender.jpeg  

jojoinassi is offline   (30) Thanks
Old 10th August 2023, 12:07   #1607
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojoinassi View Post
Finally got my Jimny. Though it was the very first booking with the particular dealer, somehow the delivery was delayed this much.

Thanks to this group for giving me all the relevant information at the right time... Looking forward for more...
Congratulations!
If possible, do post some real life, real-world light photos of this color. Have not seen it so far on my regular route, and I want to know what it looks like naturally.
Old 10th August 2023, 12:16   #1608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Congratulations!
If possible, do post some real life, real-world light photos of this color. Have not seen it so far on my regular route, and I want to know what it looks like naturally.
Nexa Kailash colony has a Demo car in the same colour - if thats on your route
wbd8779 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2023, 12:41   #1609
BHPian

Question to All Jimny owners - What to do to waterproof the floor of the Jimny ? As I see it it comes with regular carpets and I believe Thar comes with easy to handle flooring with drain plugs. What is the solution for the jimny as once the carpets gets messy with muddy water, it will be too difficult to dry it out
Old 10th August 2023, 13:38   #1610
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by power ranger View Post
Question to All Jimny owners - What to do to waterproof the floor of the Jimny ? As I see it it comes with regular carpets and I believe Thar comes with easy to handle flooring with drain plugs. What is the solution for the jimny as once the carpets gets messy with muddy water, it will be too difficult to dry it out
As in the old Gypsy and in the Thar, there are drain plugs in the Jimny footwell floor boards.
Lift up and pull out the carpets by unfastening the little snap fasteners, pull the drain plugs, drain the water, dry the footwell, dry the carpets thoroughly and replace. Alternative is remove the carpets fully, use rubber mats cut to fit in the footwell above the floorboards.
shankar.balan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th August 2023, 14:32   #1611
th2
BHPian

Got our White Alpha Jimny last week. A few quick observations.

- Small on the outside, small in the inside. Strictly a four seater. Very well doubles up as a city car for us.

- Very limited storage options inside, need to buy a couple of storage related accessories.

- Ride quality beat expectations. But will definitely be more fatiguing for long distance travel as compared to a regular car.

- Wife finds the Jimny "cute" and loves it. She will be the primary driver for this vehicle anyway.

- Switching from 2H to 4H and 4H to 4L needs a little bit of learning. A few do's and dont's on when and how to switch modes. The poorly written drivers manual is of some help here, but also irritating at the same time. Digressing here - but the section on AllGrip Pro in the manual is a travesty. Grammatical errors, poorly worded sentences, etc. Maruti needs to be ashamed.

- Power for highway driving is barely adequate. I am not sure though the vehicle can handle a more powerful engine even if there was a choice. For its build, highway stability, etc., the existing engine is probably the most it can manage. Does Suzuki sell a more powerful Jimny in any other market?

- I found the seats a tad uncomfortable. Have to see what can be done about that for long distance travel.

- Solid build. Was pleasantly surprised by the weight of the bonnet.

- Audio quality, wireless Airplay/Android Auto, screen size, screen resolution are good.

- It is one of those cars that you will just love inspite of all its impractical traits. It actually is difficult to pinpoint what exactly is endearing about it, but endearing it is.

- Is it overpriced? Yes. Is it impractical? Yes in terms of space/storage and for day long highway travel. Is it small? Yes, in a good way. Is it fun? Yes. Is it worth it? Yes, somethings we do for the young lad in all of us, irrespective of our age.
th2 is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 10th August 2023, 16:51   #1612
Distinguished - BHPian

A dream for Americans. Can the badge have engineered Suzuki Jimny 3d appear as ' Toyota Land Cruiser 25'?

Quote:
knowing that Toyota and Suzuki collaborate occasionally, he decided to see if a rebadged Suzuki Jimny dubbed 'Toyota Land Cruiser 25' would attract an audience. Well, given how the front fascia of the Land Cruiser First Edition looks excellent on both the three- and five-door Suzuki Jimny's body, it's not hard to imagine the model returning to North America by way of badge engineering.
Maruti Jimny Review-threeor5doortoyotalandcruiser25wantstoexperiencetheminisuvlifestyle219303_1.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2023, 17:16   #1613
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsferrari View Post
I've been driving my Jimny with 215 AT tires and I definitely feel there is a negative impact on performance, ride quality and handling. If you have no plans to do serious off-road driving (going off-road on complex rock/slush/sand sections for the sake of going off-road), please stick with the stock tires.
Has anyone tried getting 195/80-R15 All-terrain tyres? I couldn't find any good brands offering AT tyres in the stock size online.

Last edited by Turbanator : 10th August 2023 at 17:18. Reason: Fixed Quote.
Old 10th August 2023, 21:00   #1614
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Daroga View Post
Has anyone tried getting 195/80-R15 All-terrain tyres? I couldn't find any good brands offering AT tyres in the stock size online.
You're right. Even the one that comes with Jimny is not listed on Bridgestone India's website. What happens when time comes to replace them? They have a 195 82 15 Dueler listed there.

Recently, I had to run an errand for which I had to fold the rear seats. Now, the way the seats are and the whole seat belt alarm situation, I could not find a way to keep the seats down and also have the seat belts plugged in. Although the journey was short the seat belt alarm did my head in. For anyone planning to travel long with the rear seats folded, the only option left is to disconnect the alarm under the seat, altogether. I can glance over many "imperfections" in this vehicle but this is an outright cost cutting blunder. They should fix this right away. I shall be putting forward my concern to Maruti Suzuki and I suppose so should the other buyers.
sammysossa is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th August 2023, 21:24   #1615
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysossa View Post
You're right. Even the one that comes with Jimny is not listed on Bridgestone India's website. What happens when time comes to replace them? They have a 195 82 15 Dueler listed there.

Recently, I had to run an errand for which I had to fold the rear seats. Now, the way the seats are and the whole seat belt alarm situation, I could not find a way to keep the seats down and also have the seat belts plugged in. Although the journey was short the seat belt alarm did my head in. For anyone planning to travel long with the rear seats folded, the only option left is to disconnect the alarm under the seat, altogether. I can glance over many "imperfections" in this vehicle but this is an outright cost cutting blunder. They should fix this right away. I shall be putting forward my concern to Maruti Suzuki and I suppose so should the other buyers.
Here are those seat belt clips/ stoppers. I understand these have been made illegal nowadays. Yes if it is used as a means of avoiding wearing the seat belt it certainly is illegal. But it seems to me that such a product will solve exactly for your situation as described above.

It is a poor predicament indeed. The Jimny rear seats do tumble down and fold. But if they are tumbled/ folded, I believe you cant have the seat belts fastened. It will be good to check if the seat belt strap length is sufficient to be able to keep it fastened and still fold the seat down. But the programming is such that if the seat belts are unbuckled, then irrespective of anyone sitting in the seat or not, the alarm keeps on bonging. This can be a pain as you have described.

The possibility of using these little clips/stoppers, is for scenarios as described above. Normally there has to be a certain ‘weight’ on the seat which, causes the seat belt alarm to bong if unfastened. But in the case of the Jimny the programming is such that the alarm Bongs away just because the rear seatbelt is unfastened.

Like for example in my Thar suppose I place a bag of fruits and veggies on the passenger seat, and if the weight approximates to the weight of a small human, and the seat belt is unfastened, the alarm starts bonging. So I invariably strap the bag to the seat with the seat belt to secure it and to stop the seat belt alarm bonging away because of the weight of the fruit and veggie bag.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Jimny Review-img_4275.jpeg  

Last edited by shankar.balan : 10th August 2023 at 21:31.
shankar.balan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th August 2023, 07:53   #1616
BHPian

Quote:

I’m as mystified as the next person on Maruti’s bizarre move on this bitsy cost-cutting. And any hopes of this being singled out to the Jimny and rectified at a later recall, was blown to bits when I drove my friend’s mint Grand Vitara in top spec, costing 23 lacs.

Even a 23 lac car out of the MSIL stable has the same omission - no pressure sensors in the rear seat, so the alarm will chime when the belts aren’t plugged in, either by an occupant or otherwise!

What’s the logic here?

On an unrelated note - my chagrin at MSIL service levels continue unabated. They are truly incapable of providing the premium experience and is making me wonder what’s in store for me down the line, never having owned one of their cars that I had to take to the ASC personally before (the WagonR was always relegated to pick and drop, being the utilitarian car that it was). 45 days into the ownership and with thousands of Jimny’s sold to date, not a single workshop in our area have the correct wheel alignment data on them for the Jimny! As a result, I drive in and out of various ASC’s, steering wheel askew and always returning to base with choice words on the tongue. Brilliant product. Poor service experience.

Last edited by SUVolens : 11th August 2023 at 08:00.
SUVolens is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th August 2023, 09:24   #1617
BHPian

Quote:
I shall be putting forward my concern to Maruti Suzuki and I suppose so should the other buyers.
MSIL won't acknowledge your concern and entertain such requests for rectification; because the NEXA Dealership must have got your sign for this second row seat belt alarm sound explanation and acceptance. They got my sign on one document wherein second row seat belt related explanation and declaration were mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Here are those seat belt clips/ stoppers. **** But it seems to me that such a product will solve exactly for your situation as described above.
If we use these seat belt clips, 2nd row seats cannot be folded properly or there could be damages. It is useful only when second row seats are upright.
RijuC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2023, 10:47   #1618
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Here are those seat belt clips
Aimers Car Seat Belt Extender Bottle Opener Car Seat Belt Buckles Universal Car Metal Tongue for Most Car Accessories 2 Pack https://amzn.eu/d/gKZv6Qw

They are #1 Best Seller in Seat Belts. Seems Jimny has pushed them to the number one spot on Amazon.
Old 11th August 2023, 10:53   #1619
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh2812 View Post
Aimers Car Seat Belt Extender Bottle Opener Car Seat Belt Buckles Universal Car Metal Tongue for Most Car Accessories 2 Pack https://amzn.eu/d/gKZv6Qw

They are #1 Best Seller in Seat Belts. Seems Jimny has pushed them to the number one spot on Amazon.
Not just Jimny. This issue plagues all new Marutis, and is driving up sales of this technically illegal accessory. But you can’t blame the owners here.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th August 2023, 15:37   #1620
th2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh2812 View Post
And to get around the illegality, they are promoting its bottle opening functionality. Bottle openers are a must have accessory now!
th2 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks