Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2023, 14:42   #2356
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Jimny Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinnaclecap View Post
Greetings,

Good news.

The Jimny is now available at 10.74 lacs ex showroom. Details are awaited.

https://www.nexaexperience.com/jimny

My local dealer in Delhi confirms this limited time offer, he has a team meeting today and will know more then.

Happy Motoring..
Wow! It’s called some thunder edition. This seems very interesting news.
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2023, 14:54   #2357
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Jimny is now available at 10.74 lacs ex showroom.
With MSIL getting lot of brickbats for its dealers offering huge discounts on the Jimny, this is a polished way of selling it at a discounted (read "corrected") price That said, for someone in the market for the Jimny, this is not a bad deal at all - a barebones toy, no-frills Jimny for 13-ish lac on road here in KA! Now, if they were to release a 3-door Thunder version at 8.74 lac ex-showroom, I'd buy it in a heartbeat
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Jimny Review-jimny-2.jpeg  

cool_dube is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st December 2023, 14:58   #2358
BHPian

Quote:
My local dealer in Delhi confirms this limited time offer, he has a team meeting today and will know more then.
Any details if there are any change in features for Zeta under this Thunder badging?
ChauhanSaurabh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2023, 15:09   #2359
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
With MSIL getting lot of brickbats for its dealers offering huge discounts on the Jimny, this is a polished way of selling it at a discounted (read "corrected") price That said, for someone in the market for the Jimny, this is not a bad deal at all - a barebones toy, no-frills Jimny for 13-ish lac on road here in KA! Now, if they were to release a 3-door Thunder version at 8.74 lac ex-showroom, I'd buy it in a heartbeat
No doubt about it at all. This is a hugely VFM price.
As usual when I have an hour spare I run to the nearby Nexa and peer at the Jimny. Today also I was there but this offer had t yet rolled out. After
Seeing your message I checked with the Nexa guys but they are yet to receive information and stocks. It is really nice and compact and that is very much a part of its appeal.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Jimny Review-img_3251.jpeg  

Maruti Jimny Review-img_3249.jpeg  

Maruti Jimny Review-img_3244.jpeg  

Maruti Jimny Review-img_3234.jpeg  

Maruti Jimny Review-img_3229.jpeg  

shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2023, 15:13   #2360
BHPian

Here is the official release with prices for all 'new' versions
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Jimny Review-jimny-price.jpeg  

BunnyPunia is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st December 2023, 15:17   #2361
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The Jimny is now available at 10.74 lacs ex showroom.
That’s exactly 2 lakhs off from the current Delhi ex-showroom price of Zeta (12.74).

Wonder if they will also make the Alpha (13.69) available at 11.69?
Old 1st December 2023, 15:35   #2362
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyPunia View Post
So that's 2 Lakh off the Zeta and 1L off the Alpha ! I'm a little confused if this is just a stock clearance sale or is Maruti convinced they can make the Jimny a mass market vehicle and are trying everything they can.
Old 1st December 2023, 15:47   #2363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
So that's 2 Lakh off the Zeta and 1L off the Alpha ! I'm a little confused if this is just a stock clearance sale or is Maruti convinced they can make the Jimny a mass market vehicle and are trying everything they can.
I suspect a stock clearance. Expecting the Jimny to become a mass-market product would be quite optimistic.
Old 1st December 2023, 16:07   #2364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
One minute silent prayer for all of us please who bought this at the launched price. If there was ever a way to sink someones investment instantly this is it .

I now strongly feel mass market players like MSIL should limit themselves to that segment only and not venture out. Especially with their past experiences as well.

Desperation to sell a product like Jimny is incomprehensible. BUT if they would do a S-Cross to the Jimny I am back in their cheering squad - unlikely but stranger things have know to happen...

On the other hand maybe its MSIL's way to ensure long ownership for most as selling this at a descent price in the second hand market now will be as easy as selling a rainbow

Also a word of caution to those about to jump on the Jimny bandwagon - such deep discounts also could be an indication of product discontinuation. Think before you leap.
ShivC is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 1st December 2023, 16:10   #2365
BHPian

I feel that the price reduction is there to stay. The marketing around the “Thunder” edition is just a way of reducing the price without accepting that it was priced wrong in the first place.

And maybe they procured too many of those mountain stickers.

Last edited by IB290 : 1st December 2023 at 16:12.
IB290 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2023, 16:58   #2366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyPunia View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinod_nair View Post
I think people sitting on the fence, should wait it out till Dec, this discount will climb to 1.5/2 lac.

I'm after the Nexa guy for a TD since 2 months for the AT, but to no avail.
I think I predicted correctly in Oct, to wait it out till Dec for the 2Lac offer on Jimny.
Happy shopping.
Quote:
Greetings,

Good news.

The Jimny is now available at 10.74 lacs ex showroom. Details are awaited.

https://www.nexaexperience.com/jimny

Happy Motoring..
Vinod_nair is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2023, 17:37   #2367
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivC View Post
One minute silent prayer for all of us please who bought this at the launched price. If there was ever a way to sink someones investment instantly this is it .
You know the most frustrating part about this? They send it to the existing customers and rub our noses in it as if to say, morons. All existing owners should petition for a refund. This is beyond cheating. This is hitting under the belt.
Neil Roy is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 1st December 2023, 17:57   #2368
Distinguished - BHPian

Does the thunder edition in all variants get something more in addition to the price cut? Why does the poster say enhancements?
Old 1st December 2023, 18:09   #2369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Maruti convinced they can make the Jimny a mass market vehicle and are trying everything they can.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biraj View Post
I suspect a stock clearance. Expecting the Jimny to become a mass-market product would be quite optimistic.
Just thought of sharing incase this is news - MSIL had earlier restricted the Jimny only to private owners; but looking at the poor response for over 2-3 months after the initial hype ; they have now sanctioned it for RENTALS too. This was in October IIRC.

Inspite of this, I'm yet to see a rental Jimny in a state like Goa. Speaks a lot about the appeal of the Jimny. On the other hand, we can see plenty of Thars as rental cars. And before we start the debate about the 'soft-top Thar; the rental Thar's here are 95% Hard-top versions.
ashvek3141 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2023, 18:10   #2370
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinod_nair View Post
I think I predicted correctly in Oct, to wait it out till Dec for the 2Lac offer on Jimny.
Happy shopping.
Got call from dealer saying block now and you get great offers.

Expecting something better in Dec as stock clearance will kick in. Hopefully, gamble pays off.
HappyWheels is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks