Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2023, 04:35   #106
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)
Re: Maruti Jimny Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Gurkha towers over latest Thar itself. I was surprised by that when I saw them at a traffic signal.
Here you go. Gurkha next to Thar.
And another comparo sheet along with the Jimny.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Jimny Review-img_9448.jpeg  

Maruti Jimny Review-img_9443.jpeg  

Maruti Jimny Review-105c9404db8c4fd89562efe6d3b8eab1.jpeg  

shankar.balan is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 28th May 2023, 07:28   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RT13 View Post

a) Difficulty overtaking on highways even at speeds of 90-100. Considering most of us have to actually get somewhere offbeat, as opposed to actually living there, this sounds painful. Many reviewers have observed the really weak midrange and I think that’s just lazy engineering in this day and age. This isn’t meant to be a flyer but it doesn’t/didn’t have to be a ponderous elephant either. Wonder if some aftermarket tuning can rectify this.
I haven't seen this discussed but the final ratios for the manual and auto seem to be different making the auto a better highway cruiser would love to get some inputs from the gurus. Further the TC gives you additional close ratios on off road tracks I don't know what that would imply maybe the off road guys can explain.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Jimny Review-screenshot_20230528071810093_com.android.chrome.jpg  

ssingri is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th May 2023, 07:54   #108
Senior - BHPian

Another very important and annoying thing that I remember from the Gypsy was the fuel tank capacity. A measly 40 lts. Add the horrendous mileage of 10 kpl and even lower inside the jungle, it was around 7-8kpl pottering around in 2nd gear.

The nearest fuel pump was 25km away and I had to make a trip midway during a 5-day trip just to refuel and also lose 5-6 lts in the process. Jerry cans weren't easily available back then and carrying a plastic can inside the car made it a nauseous place to be.

The hinges of the back door were poor and the weight of the spare wheel would make it rattle all the time. A couple of years down the line, I repainted the car from white to a dull green and in the process rebuilt the entire door hinge assembly, so there were no more rattles.

25 odd years later, the Jimny seems to carry the same baggage forward.
discoverwild is online now   (15) Thanks
Old 28th May 2023, 08:12   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Jimny alongside Force Gurkha.

Attachment 2455981
This is pretty close
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Jimny Review-adult_baby_elephants.jpeg  

Bibendum90949 is offline   (36) Thanks
Old 28th May 2023, 09:49   #110
BHPian

Greetings,

Requesting any members of Hyderabad to share the availability of display vehicle here in Hyderabad/Secunderabad?

Thank You.
Drive Safe.
Old 28th May 2023, 10:48   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by matchvan View Post
Greetings,

Requesting any members of Hyderabad to share the availability of display vehicle here in Hyderabad/Secunderabad?

Thank You.
Drive Safe.
Three days back I saw the Jimny at the Attapur Nexa showroom. The SA mentioned
it would be at a different nexa after 2 days , call them (Attapur nexa) to find out the current location
nirvanaguy19 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2023, 11:08   #112
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssingri View Post
I haven't seen this discussed but the final ratios for the manual and auto seem to be different making the auto a better highway cruiser would love to get some inputs from the gurus. Further the TC gives you additional close ratios on off road tracks I don't know what that would imply maybe the off road guys can explain.
Can you post the complete image or the link to this? Final ration would be different for sure coz AT is a 4 speed box Vs MT a 5 speed with obviously an overdrive 5th gear?
Jaggu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th May 2023, 11:38   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirvanaguy19 View Post
Three days back I saw the Jimny at the Attapur Nexa showroom. The SA mentioned
it would be at a different nexa after 2 days , call them (Attapur nexa) to find out the current location
Thank you for the information.

It's been a CAR and MOUSE game for me and family.

Started at 6 am from Warangal just to see Jimny and since 9 AM i have been calling all the Nexa showrooms in Hyderabad only to be told that, we will get it by 7th or 1st or some other date.

To put it short, Lord Balaji's darshan would be more easy than getting a glimpse of Jimny. ( No offence ).

I'm sure I would end up cancelling just because of this frustrating ordeal and also i'm not sure how many Jimny's would be up for grabs given that only 1 demo vehicle is being shared just for showing to customers after waiting more than 4 months of booking!

They would probably send 2 or 4 per dealer and would be a messy scenario.

Quick Update:
Phew! Got a call back from one dealer. It's in Raidurg Pavan Nexa for today.

Drive Safe.

Last edited by matchvan : 28th May 2023 at 11:46.
matchvan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th May 2023, 11:41   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by matchvan View Post
Thank you for the information.
=====
Drive Safe.
Same with me, I booked at the Jubilee hills Nexa which is closest to my house and they are clueless. Thanks for sharing the current location, I might go down and have a look again today with the family.

Last edited by Jaggu : 28th May 2023 at 12:13. Reason: Trimming quoted text, please avoid quoting entire large post for short replies.
Old 28th May 2023, 11:45   #115
BHPian

Such reviews are much needed, sobers up our anticipation. It is a mountain goat, so to speak and not a fast pick up, luxury mule. A functional SUV, all rounder, with a percentage game. Does not have all the bells and whistles which we have become used to, indulged as we are by the Korean and Chinese car makers.
May be waiting period will reduce now. :-)
neerajku is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th May 2023, 13:17   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Can you post the complete image or the link to this? Final ration would be different for sure coz AT is a 4 speed box Vs MT a 5 speed with obviously an overdrive 5th gear?
Attached is a spec sheet for Jimmy says roughly the same thing. What surprises me is the AT seems to have a taller or overdrive final gear ratio and the manual has a 1:1 final ratio and the difference is about 30 percent. At 100 kmph manual runs at 3k rpm and the AT should run at 2300 or so. Is this true.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 38b4fb9b8e7a4ab488cf86d1c245fcad (1).pdf (86.0 KB, 177 views)
ssingri is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th May 2023, 13:48   #117
RDS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssingri View Post
What surprises me is the AT seems to have a taller or overdrive final gear ratio and the manual has a 1:1 final ratio and the difference is about 30 percent. At 100 kmph manual runs at 3k rpm and the AT should run at 2300 or so. Is this true.
I have been myself trying to get this answer. The OD button surely is there as seen in various reviews. However, no one has really addressed this question, RPM @ 100 KMPH for Jimny A/T.

I am really missing the Jimny A/T review and it is amazing because probably Maruti is getting more bookings for A/T!!

Here is what I found to be a great review - talks about Manual as well as A/T. The reviewer is/was a Gypsy User.

RDS is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 28th May 2023, 14:05   #118
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDS View Post
I

Here is what I found to be a great review - talks about Manual as well as A/T. The reviewer is/was a Gypsy User.

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=4G-V...naR0PtR4AaABAg
This is a nice balanced review. And the reviewer is a known car photographer from Madras. Knows what he is talking about because he has owned and driven multiple off roaders.
shankar.balan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th May 2023, 14:12   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post

Driving the Jimny 1.5L Petrol MT

However, its water-wading depth of ~300 mm is low compared to other off-roaders...

...310 mm of water wading depth and the high air intake in the engine bay mean the Jimny can dispatch most water crossings even in stock form

Chetan & Addy - Thank you for a blockbuster review - this one will age well!!

Request clarification on the wading capability.

Also, a tyres thread and an accessories thread are badly needed

Last edited by RoadFiend : 28th May 2023 at 14:19.
RoadFiend is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2023, 14:25   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirvanaguy19 View Post
Same with me, I booked at the Jubilee hills Nexa which is closest to my house and they are clueless. Thanks for sharing the current location, I might go down and have a look again today with the family.
Finally after more than 4 months of waiting post booking.
It's cute according to my 15 year old daughter.
Build quality is nice. Missus says typical Jeep like, classy looks, interiors are bland not luxurious. Pretty basic.
Now begins the game to convince her.

Drive safe.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Jimny Review-img20230528wa0021.jpg  

Maruti Jimny Review-img_20230528_140910_bokeh.jpg  

Last edited by matchvan : 28th May 2023 at 14:26.
matchvan is offline   (12) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks