Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2023, 15:11   #16
BHPian

Re: 2023 Tata Harrier Facelift Review

Not a fan of the new styling of the Harrier & Safari IMHO. The pre-facelift styling looked handsome and timeless while this overdone styling will age quickly a couple of years down the line.

Also, not sure how it looks in person, but the body-coloured panels & glass black touch panels look cheap in the photos.

The overdone styling & gloss-black interior actually worked quite well with the facelifted Nexon given the positioning of the model but doesn't seem to work well with a premium product like Safari or Harrier.
dragracer567 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th October 2023, 15:30   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omkar View Post
Tata has upgraded the 9-speaker JBL sound system to a 13-speaker system. This upgrade truly elevates the listening experience...
I guess it is a mistake. As per the brochure we get a 10 speaker system only, 5 speakers, 4 tweeters and 1 subwoofer.
Also it seems that only the manual transmission was available for these media drives. Almost every review I could find till now is for the manual variant.
axe_deo is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th October 2023, 15:48   #18
BHPian

Quote:

A look at the new manual gear lever. There’s no chrome here, and it’s the same one we saw in the new Nexon. IMO it looks a bit dull, and Tata could’ve done something interesting here. Behind the shift lever, you have the electronic parking brake and auto hold switch:
Attachment 2516984
Now this is pretty silly. Where has that ECG like patterned bit of glossy plastic gone? Would they really save significant money by making the gear lever look like one from the 800cc Marutis from circa 1988?!

May I add my displeasure at the lack of yellow stitching/contrast threads on the gear boot gaiter?! There is so much contrast stitching everywhere else and none over here. This whole gear shifter unit is very OUT OF PLACE inbetween the shiny parking brake and the luxurious LED screened drive mode selector.

MT owners would really consider buying it off Boodmo and then retro fitting it to their's. Lucky enough, gear knob replacements are an easy DIY.

If Tata sorts this out in a facelift, I said it first and I want my reward!
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Tata Harrier Facelift Review-screenshot_2023101415474547_e4424258c8b8649f6e67d283a50a2cbc.jpg  

Last edited by lemedico : 14th October 2023 at 16:15.
lemedico is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 14th October 2023, 16:39   #19
BHPian

Excellent review as always.
When the whole cabin looks much more premium than the preface lift, the gear knob is a bit off. Tata should have given proper attention to that section. The exterior styling of the nexon facelift was welcoming, but similar styling on Harrier and Safari is a bit off for me, even though it gives the company a consistent design language.
FueledbyFury is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th October 2023, 17:02   #20
BHPian

Were the test drives conducted only for Harrier manual versions, or there is a separate embargo for AT and Safari, so reports would be released later?
Old 14th October 2023, 17:20   #21
BHPian

Looking at the review, I am really confused if this car is a facelift or next generation

This facelift model shows extraordinary efforts by Tata Motors and this review validate this by casting equally extraordinary review for a facelift.

Really hats off to both!
S1200 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2023, 17:26   #22
Kln
BHPian

A petrol and/or 4x4 Harrier with same or better power figures would be a dream. Kudos to Tata, what a lovely, well balanced package. MG, M&M have their work cut out for their next set of cars.
Old 14th October 2023, 18:58   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1200 View Post
Looking at the review, I am really confused if this car is a facelift or next generation

This facelift model shows extraordinary efforts by Tata Motors and this review validate this by casting equally extraordinary review for a facelift.

Really hats off to both!
Definitely a facelift, as is the current Nexon.
lemedico is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2023, 20:24   #24

A great review!

Loved the MID and the infotainment. A great setup. The move to EPS has been a long awaited one.

Tata does make great cars, a great design, but somehow, they can’t seem to get the QC right. If they are not able to give all sorted cars for a media drive, (which is a serious marketing tool these days), then how on earth is a common man supposed to get an alright car and would I want to spend that money on a car that is definitely going to have a ton of niggles that the ASC cannot seem to know on how to help the me with?

Baiju N Nair (A Malayali auto journalist) he points out that there is water present in the brake lights. Why Tata? Why?

Watch from 12.05
Dreamlifter.07 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 14th October 2023, 21:41   #25
BHPian

"19inch wheels are prone to rim damage"
That's what I have read on this forum on the "new safari and harrier launch" thread
Is it advisable to get 18 inch wheels instead of 19 ?
Or the wider profile of 245 will mitigate the risk of wheel rim damage
Also how come bmw merc and other luxury brands have bigger size wheels still don't experience any rim damage?
Kindly enlighten me
Old 14th October 2023, 22:01   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by axe_deo View Post
I guess it is a mistake. As per the brochure we get a 10 speaker system only, 5 speakers, 4 tweeters and 1 subwoofer.
Correct, the top variant comes with 4 speakers + 4 tweeters and 1 center speaker (extra only in the top most variant) and a subwoofer. Total of 10 speakers.

13 is the number of audio or sound modes in the JBL set-up, basically preset equalizer/balance/face settings. I think the original review is fixed now.

1) Acoustic
2) Bass Enhancer
3) Wide Stage
4) Room
5) Hall
6) Arena
7) Concert
8) Custom
9) Cinematic Experience
10) Podcast
11) Indian Classical
12) Electronic Music
13) Kids Sleeping in Back

Last edited by inwester : 14th October 2023 at 22:31.
inwester is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 14th October 2023, 22:07   #27

Fabulous review as always. The harrier looks undoubtedly stunning in its new guise. Not so sure about the interior colour matching with the exterior(especially in yellow) and the already arising complaints about hiccups in the quality control. Inconsistent paint finishing, panel gaps, misaligned steering and whatnot. Really not expected in a flagship car. Although this car looks like an amazing all round package on paper, it still doesn't resolve the doubts a customer has while spending a premium on tata cars.
Arshzh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2023, 22:22   #28
BHPian

Quote:
A look at the black roofliner:
Attachment 2517001
A stupid trend started by one manufacturer is followed by the rest. I think I had mentioned this on the Seltos facelift thread. Seltos was the first car to have this pathetic black roofliner; soon followed by Tata with the Nexon & now the Harrier.

It somewhat works in the Harrier due to the larger cabin but definitely not in cars like the Nexon or Seltos.

On a side note, great review of an important Tata car. Tata has done significant improvements over the outgoing car which will also come with a significant price bump, especially in the top-end variants. Having said that it's time that Tata works on their QC issues big time and sort them for good. It's absolutely inexplicable for a car costing upwards of 25 Lakhs!

Also, kudos to the photographer. Some really good shots there!

Last edited by ashvek3141 : 14th October 2023 at 22:26.
ashvek3141 is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 15th October 2023, 00:13   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
A stupid trend started by one manufacturer is followed by the rest. I think I had mentioned this on the Seltos facelift thread. Seltos was the first car to have this pathetic black roofliner; soon followed by Tata with the Nexon & now the Harrier.

IMO, black roof liners make the interiors look very upmarket. But only cars with panoramic sunroofs should have them, as the sunroof offsets the claustrophobic feel that the darker shades bring in.
In cars like the nexon, with the high window line ,tapered roof and the regular sized sunroof, the back seat feels and claustrophobic and cramped.
amoi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th October 2023, 00:37   #30
BHPian

Excellent review. Been waiting for it since most of the videos were out. Any other color witnessed during the drives. Which one looks the best?
gauravdgr8 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks