Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2023, 10:20   #121
BHPian

Re: 2023 Tata Harrier Facelift Review

White with yellow interiors? Really Tata? Why so much crass?

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 28th November 2023 at 15:32. Reason: Typos
BlackMambaXX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2023, 15:54   #122
Senior - BHPian

Is the Harrier's boot floor not flat? Some videos seem to show it sloping down and then sloping up to form a valley at the far end of the boot. Or is there some adjustability in the boot floor?

See for example here at the 5:00 mark.

Last edited by McLaren Rulez : 16th November 2023 at 16:02.
Old 16th November 2023, 17:26   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Is the Harrier's boot floor not flat? Some videos seem to show it sloping down and then sloping up to form a valley at the far end of the boot. Or is there some adjustability in the boot floor?

See for example here at the 5:00 mark.
I believe it is because the floor panel is not put back properly. May be the seats will have to be reclined back to the original position to put back that panel in place.
fusionbang is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th November 2023, 22:19   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
I believe it is because the floor panel is not put back properly. May be the seats will have to be reclined back to the original position to put back that panel in place.
Would be nice if someone could confirm this. The old Harrier's boot floor also lined up with the plastic on the sides due to the underfloor storage - now it looks like it no longer does.
Old 21st November 2023, 13:28   #125
BHPian

TATA Harrier Pure Plus AT has everything except rear defogger (I don't need sunroof), I have to pay up to 3L to get a variant with defogger.

Is defogger is not important during rainy days? What's the rationale to drop it from a 26+L SUV?
hummer is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2023, 01:15   #126
BHPian

Just got a chance to see the new Harrier in person.

2023 Tata Harrier Facelift Review-img_20231121_141551.jpg
This is without a doubt an absolute stunner. It just has that WOW factor to it.
This was the Adventure plus "A" model in seaweed green with black/tan interiors.
2023 Tata Harrier Facelift Review-img_20231121_140227.jpg
This variant feels to be good value for money, it has all the necessary features and most of the feel good features too.

It gets a sunroof, a digital drivers display, ~10in touchscreen, 360 degree cameras, ADAS , leather upholstery, 18in alloys and ambient lights.

Unfortunately they don't seem to have a test drive vehicle available yet in Chennai, so I can't comment on the way it drives.
amoi is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2023, 14:54   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoi View Post
Just got a chance to see the new Harrier in person.

Attachment 2534137
This is without a doubt an absolute stunner. It just has that WOW factor to it.
This was the Adventure plus "A" model in seaweed green with black/tan interiors.
Was looking at this variant with ADAS, unfortunately it has sunroof, something that I really do not need. Sad, sunroof is not optional I wish manufactures make sunroof optional across variants.
sajands is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th November 2023, 16:37   #128
BHPian

Got my Harrier Adventure + Dark AT trim about 2 weeks back. Seemed liked the most vfm trim with all of the look and feel of the top trim + many feel good features I wanted like a panaromic sunroof , leather upholestry , 360 camera , 19 inch alloys but I wanted to specify a couple of omissions that they dont mention in the brochure

1) Passenger side vanity mirror which was very surprising , a 27 lakh car without a vanity mirror is a crime in my opinion. The fearless trim gets it.

2) Auto dimming IRVM

Tata should definitely mention the omission of these 2 things in the brochure , moreover they should start providing these basic things. Other than that this variant mainly missed out on 2 tweeters and a subwoofer , Electric seats with ventilation , a bigger screen( Same features on both the 10.25 and the 12 inch screen except for the jbl modes) , the swipe indicators with the quirky unlock animation and dual zone climate control which is actually a plus for me since I hated the touch control for the fan on this variant. I like having physical controls for temperature and fan both with the adventure trim gets.

I got this variant @ 26.94 lakh on road , the fearless dark AT trim was costing me 28.76 lakh on road , both in gurgaon. I had booked the fearless variant first but on the day of PDI it had a lot of issues - the roof lining was broken , it was hanging down , the harrier badge had the H missing ,the door rubber seals were not done properly and the tailgate was about installed 1-2 cm inside comapred to the body , so the tail lights were not flush. A lot of new harriers are having tailgate alignment and roof + door seal issues. The dealer had an Adventure + dark AT in stock so I went with it.

Will share more once I reach 1000 kms with this beast , here is a photo with it on the day on delivery.
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Tata Harrier Facelift Review-whatsapp-image-20231124-16.29.34_406015c0.jpg  

V0id2003 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 25th November 2023, 20:40   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V0id2003 View Post
Got my Harrier Adventure + Dark AT trim about 2 weeks back.
... but I wanted to specify a couple of omissions that they dont mention in the brochure

Tata should definitely mention the omission of these 2 things in the brochure
The official brochure states that the auto dimming IRVM is present only on the Fearless variant and above.

Is there another brochure that doesn't mention these details?
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Tata Harrier Facelift Review-smartselect_20231125_203120_drive.jpg  

SgtRepeat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2023, 23:55   #130
BHPian

For the last 3 days, visited the Tata showroom 4 times in the following order:

1. Test drive
2. Test drive with wife and son
3. Insurance negotiation in the morning
4. Booking in the evening with full family

Finally bit the bullet and booked the Fearless+ in Coral Red.

During the entire period, I must say that the SA and the Team Leader were professional, upto date with knowledge and very patient. I test drove the vehicle twice and my wife once. The SA explained each and every feature while heartedly.

Today morning checked online portals for insurance and there was a difference of 50K vs what they had mentioned in their price list. When I visited them, the SA clearly mentioned that we have our margins and offered 40K as discount. Literally didn't feel like haggling as he was pretty upfront on the discount. He also mentioned would assist in BH registration, saving me 4 lacs upfront cost, even though the state is a non BH one.

I was immensely satisfied with the approach taken by the dealership.

Way to go Tata
gauravdgr8 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th November 2023, 07:54   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravdgr8 View Post
Today morning checked online portals for insurance and there was a difference of 50K vs what they had mentioned in their price list. When I visited them, the SA clearly mentioned that we have our margins and offered 40K as discount. Literally didn't feel like haggling as he was pretty upfront on the discount.
Congratulations. Reminded me of my Harrier Test drive days. Had taken 5 TDs from different dealers before the decision making and not regreting one bit.

You should take the Insurance from outside if there is such a huge difference between the dealer quote and the market quote. Or ask the dealer to match the market quote. Surely you dont want to gift your money to someone who is upfront mis selling the product.

BH registrations anyways is going to save money, what is the dealer making out of this proposition? Take an informed decision.
ghodlur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2023, 09:31   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Congratulations.

Or ask the dealer to match the market quote.

BH registrations anyways is going to save money, what is the dealer making out of this proposition? Take an informed decision.
Thank you. The dealer is matching the quote. On the BH registration piece, the dealership is guiding me on how to get it done.
Old 28th November 2023, 10:23   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtRepeat View Post
The official brochure states that the auto dimming IRVM is present only on the Fearless variant and above.

Is there another brochure that doesn't mention these details?
I think it is a mistake on my part then , I must've missed it while reading through during the last minute change of models. Its mentioned clearly here. Thanks for your insight
Old 28th November 2023, 10:35   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V0id2003 View Post
I got this variant @ 26.94 lakh on road , the fearless dark AT trim was costing me 28.76 lakh on road , both in gurgaon. I had booked the fearless variant first but on the day of PDI it had a lot of issues - the roof lining was broken , it was hanging down , the harrier badge had the H missing ,the door rubber seals were not done properly and the tailgate was about installed 1-2 cm inside comapred to the body , so the tail lights were not flush. A lot of new harriers are having tailgate alignment and roof + door seal issues. The dealer had an Adventure + dark AT in stock so I went with it.
It is sad to know that these vehicles even leave the factory with such issues. Tata always seems to focus on quantity than quality. Guess the taxi and truck mentality is still very much prevalent. They should hire a Japanese as head of QA/QC
Palio_2005 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2023, 11:24   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
It is sad to know that these vehicles even leave the factory with such issues. Tata always seems to focus on quantity than quality. Guess the taxi and truck mentality is still very much prevalent. They should hire a Japanese as head of QA/QC
Yeah , here are a couple of photos I took of the fearless harrier I rejected. I think its easier to bring up fit and finish rather than having good finshing but bad build overall which is no the case here , my harrier feels very strong and rugged. Lets hope that Tata can resolve these issues quick.
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Tata Harrier Facelift Review-whatsapp-image-20231128-11.18.28_e901c904.jpg  

2023 Tata Harrier Facelift Review-whatsapp-image-20231128-11.18.29_22102626.jpg  

V0id2003 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks