Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2023, 05:54   #31

Re: 2023 Tata Harrier Facelift Review

I really hoped and still do that Tata improve their QA and A.S.S. Obviously the shirish chandran case didn't help. These things are a massive deterrent for potential tata buyers and they are just throwing away their sales to the koreans. Its a shame that an organization as big as Tata has done nothing to address these issues and are hoping slapping some LEDs will resolve them.
corpArMa32 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th October 2023, 07:15   #32
BHPian

I am attaching below TOI link to a video review. It appears that Tata has not addressed the left knee issue at all.

In the video the person mentions this persisting left knee issue twice at 05:04 and 06:48 time frames.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/.../104418609.cms
argchoff is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th October 2023, 09:11   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice review as always. I really liked the refresh. Kudos to Tata for constantly updating their vehicles and bringing in different editions unlike just the decal editions from other manufacturers.

Having said that, they seriously need to ramp up their QC department. Every review that I see/read mention about some serious quality issues.

2023 Tata Harrier Facelift Review-whatsapp-image-20231006-20.02.26.jpeg

2023 Tata Harrier Facelift Review-whatsapp-image-20231014-12.33.31.jpeg

2023 Tata Harrier Facelift Review-screenshot-20231015-9.00.038239am.png

2023 Tata Harrier Facelift Review-screenshot-20231015-9.00.188239am.png

2023 Tata Harrier Facelift Review-screenshot-20231015-9.01.108239am.png

For me, some of the things that they need to get rid off:
1. That stupid horn beep when you close the door when the engine is running.
2. That illuminated steering wheel. Absolutely makes no sense.
3. That lady living inside the dash who shouts when you change the drive modes. Guess she is silent on this new update.

Am no way a Tata hater and absolutely love their cars and their aggressive product launches but the lack of quality control is a serious issue where many potential customers are really worried about. Especially people who plan to keep the car for few years.
naveen.raju is offline   (36) Thanks
Old 15th October 2023, 09:42   #34
BHPian

Looks like the left knee ergonomic issue isn't solved based on the previous posts and few review videos. Can someone confirm if the left pull is really resolved?

Thumbs up for the EPS!
r24x7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2023, 09:44   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Nice review as always. I really liked the refresh. Kudos to Tata for constantly updating their vehicles and bringing in different editions unlike just the decal editions from other manufacturers.

Having said that, they seriously need to ramp up their QC department. Every review that I see/read mention about some serious quality issues.

Attachment 2517427
This photo has the Tata watermark, and it looks like it is off their website or brochure.

Did they really not notice that it is crooked!?

Last edited by lemedico : 15th October 2023 at 09:46.
Old 15th October 2023, 09:46   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemedico View Post
This photo has the Tata watermark, looks like it's off their website or brochure.

Did they really not notice it's crooked!?
This is from their teaser/ad.
naveen.raju is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th October 2023, 10:20   #37
BHPian

Thanks for the review, it’s concise and a delight to read through.

Congratulations to TML on enhancing their portfolio and good news for us customers as competition will ultimately benefit us.

As others have already pointed out, a deep dive on QC & ASS should be a priority for TML in parallel to rollout of next gen products.
Old 15th October 2023, 10:46   #38
Senior - BHPian

Super duper review. The car is a stunner on the road and does have a massive road presence. I am so glad that Tata decided to move away from those confusing variants. This should make the choice easy for the customers and probably lesser headache to the service centres too.

I am wondering how much of these new features are actually scalable to the previous versions, atleast the safety features should be if not those advanced features of ADAs and EPS. I would be really interested in the 360 deg camera which is imp in the Indian driving/parking conditions. Pity none of the manufacturer in the country even think on the scalability part.

Any improvement in the rear camera resolution in the newer Harrier? The previous Harrier read camera was pathetic with a grainy image on the display once activated during reversing.

Looks like the existing issues of the driver armrest being useless and no hand rest available for the driver right hand is still not addressed by Tata. That gear lever sticks out sore sight. How useful is adaptive cruise control for Indian roads and traffic conditions.

I hope the sales chart do justify the new changes for the car.
ghodlur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2023, 11:10   #39
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (10)

Firstly Thanks for accepting my registration request. I have been silent listener of this forum for more than a decade and this is my first post.

I will write a seperate thread on my hunt to eeplace my 2015 Elite I20. After riding multiple options like Seltos GTX diesel, Jeep Compass, Nexon.EV and now waiting for new Harrier.

Thanks for the great review. Did you guys get chance to see any colors other than the Yellow? Especially the interiors for other colors in fearless+ persona. Did Red color get black and red Interiors similar to yellow?
sumosari is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2023, 12:54   #40
BHPian

Kudos to Tata for chipping away at the Harrier. This iteration looks to be the best yet. As far as looks and features are concerned, this is easily top of the class and I would pick this over the XUV700 if given a choice. The new yellow colour is stunning and stands out amidst drab colour choices from other brands. It's a pity the ergonomic issues related to the center console armrest and dashboard hitting the knee have not been fully resolved but if most drivers are able to manage around that, the Harrier makes a very strong case for itself. If Tata can come around to make an electric version of this with 300 Bhp on tap and 500 km of range, that'd be exciting indeed.
Old 15th October 2023, 12:57   #41
BHPian

Well, first of all good review. Appreciate the effort by the Team-BHP reviewers.

I take back my words on the odd colour options on Harrier . The mustard yellow does look better in real life than on the official posters/brochure. I wish Tata could have conducted the test drives at Jaisalmer/ Thar. The lanscape would have suited the mustard yellow colour for sure.

Tata seems to have gone few steps forward with the design and feature list and slightly few steps backwards (eg. The sunroof button is now a single piece toggle switch. Why fix when it ain't broken?) and also the AC vent on B pillars, whose position could be covered if the front seats are slightly pushed back.

While the black and body colur theme looks good in the new version, I wish Tata could have also given the choice of colour for leather seats as well. Otherwise if we look past the diesel engine only option and QC issues, this car is one good product.

I wish Tata develops a 1.6 or 18 liter turbo petrol engine and offer for Harrier and Safari. It would surely find some takers among Seltos/Elevate/XUV700 customers.
Old 15th October 2023, 14:01   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoi View Post
IMO, black roof liners make the interiors look very upmarket. But only cars with panoramic sunroofs should have them, as the sunroof offsets the claustrophobic feel that the darker shades bring in.
In cars like the nexon, with the high window line ,tapered roof and the regular sized sunroof, the back seat feels and claustrophobic and cramped.
Agree on having them for premium cars and bigger cars like Harrier, etc. But definitely not in compact / sub-compact SUV's. It makes the cabin look very claustrophobic. Moreover, one cannot be opening the pano-roof in the afternoons or peak summers. That's when one has to make do with the dark roof.

Quote:
For me, some of the things that they need to get rid off:
1. That stupid horn beep when you close the door when the engine is running.
2. That illuminated steering wheel. Absolutely makes no sense.
3. That lady living inside the dash who shouts when you change the drive modes. Guess she is silent on this new update.

Am no way a Tata hater and absolutely love their cars and their aggressive product launches but the lack of quality control is a serious issue where many potential customers are really worried about. Especially people who plan to keep the car for few years.
1000% concur with you mate! Very well put. I would say they go all the way to 95% and screw up the balance 5!

And those 3 irritants you mentioned are just apt. That horn beep is seriously irritating, more so when you open the boot.
And sadly, the lady is not silent in this iteration either, LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gautham_v6 View Post
Tata seems to have gone few steps forward with the design and feature list and slightly few steps backwards (eg. The sunroof button is now a single piece toggle switch. Why fix when it ain't broken?)
All of this and yet not proper storage slot for the sunglasses. Trust me, for someone who uses sunglasses while driving having not storage place for them becomes an irritant. There's so much room, they could have easily made a place for a nice closed cover akin to one in Hyundai / Kia. Would have been so convenient.
ashvek3141 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2023, 21:42   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omkar View Post
[center][h2]
Tata has removed the storage area underneath the floor from the previous car to increase the boot space:
Attachment 2517004
It would have been better if Tata had stuck with that 20L hidden storage, as it would have made way for a flat loading bay after folding the backseat. Some adventurists prefer to sleep in the car while camping or even on long travels. The pre-facelift model was there with a flat floor after folding the backseat.

2023 Tata Harrier Facelift Review-2019tataharrier52.jpg

If Tata's main motto was to increase the boot space number on paper, they could have gone with the different adjustment levels for the boot floor as we have seen in Ford Ecosport.

2023 Tata Harrier Facelift Review-2017fordecosport85.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 15th October 2023 at 23:35. Reason: Grammar
sriniadk is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th October 2023, 00:51   #44
BHPian

Quote:
This is from their teaser/ad.
I guess the teaser was shot and edited on a Friday evening
Siddj38 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th October 2023, 01:27   #45
BHPian

I feel rear disc brakes should have been made standard across the variants and not reserved for the top variants. Over a period of time customers with lower variants would have appreciated the rear disc brakes more than the connected lights.

Cheers !
BleueNinja is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks