Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2009, 00:29   #1006
Team-BHP Support

Its entire your call black12rr. There are people for whom clutch lasting 40K kms is excellent. With a powerbox, expect a 20-30% fall in your clutch life.
More than that the stress on the drivetrain also increases. So overall life of gearbox etc., is also reduced. But you won't notice it unless you run 150,000kms with a powerbox.

but remember if the mfr finds out you are using one, warranty will be void. So even if you get a fault not caused by powerbox, the company can deny warranty
Old 11th August 2009, 07:48   #1007
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC_aashay View Post

Also can any one please post the onroad price for the 1.4 emotion pack in pune with insurance??

Thanx
Add 11% to the ex-showroom price and that would be the approximate OTR price. I had the Pune price list but I trashed it.

Its better to get your own insurance. You will save at least 3-4K
Old 11th August 2009, 13:57   #1008
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
I hate the diesel clatter in my punto, the noise is very pronounced at higher rpm(very much indica-ish). Even our non-crdi Endeavor has a better noise insulation.

Fiat, with so much noise from the engine protruding into the cabin, how can you call this car a premium hatchback?

P.S: I have driven the punto just a few 100km, I expect the noise to go down after the run-in.. In case, if it doesn't, only GOD can help Fiat..
Usually the engine is run-in in the factory itself. I doubt if the noise will reduce after run-in. Maybe you should go for some damping to cut the engine noise out.
Quote:
The clutch play is very long and needs some get used to, turning in tight hair pin bends needs a lot of planning.
That should be due to large turning radius. I agree it needs some time getting used to.
Old 11th August 2009, 17:16   #1009
BANNED

Attaching a hooter (siren) for remote locking of Fiat Grande Punto

Hi,

I would like to know if a hooter (siren) can be attached to the remote lock which came alongwith Fiat Grande Punto Emotion whithout impacting warranty or removing the existing remote lock. I assume that the one provided by Fiat must be more robust to crack than the ones available in the market.

Last edited by Jaggu : 11th August 2009 at 18:00. Reason: please continue in an existing thread for such queries, thanks.
Old 11th August 2009, 20:19   #1010
BHPian

hi
really sorry for cross posting, but am looking for some expert advice and i guess this thread would be the best way to get that considering its a very critical issue... and the fact that its an ownership report thread, this kind of issue needs a mention here too

I went to check for GP MJD allotted for me, and to my shock i saw the underbody parts rusted. A similar case has happened with Amogh as well, and though i'd be uploading my pics soon, its EXACTLY the Same body part as the ones pasted in his post
(Link : https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...e-home-14.html )

Got a very cold response from the sales manager at Dealership ( fortune cars thane) and hence spoke to the General Manager ( at Powai), and though he was warm and forthcoming, he said, that its a common phenomena and can take me to various dealerships right from Honda to Maruti and can show the same problem in all the vehicles...CAN ONE BUY THAT ARGUMENT?

what's the point of Fiat Mentioning 'antirust coating done of highest quality' in its manual if it cant preserve a body parts?

what should be the ideal way to deal with this issue? Amogh got a new car, but am sure he had to fight hard for his case...the General Manage's above comment seems to be really questionable...

any suggestion how one can approach this issue? does it make sense to approach consumer forum for this kind of case?

Experts please advice...
Old 12th August 2009, 09:29   #1011
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pineapple_ameet View Post
I went to check for GP MJD allotted for me, and to my shock i saw the underbody parts rusted. A similar case has happened with Amogh as well, and though i'd be uploading my pics soon, its EXACTLY the Same body part as the ones pasted in his post

any suggestion how one can approach this issue? does it make sense to approach consumer forum for this kind of case?
You shouldn't make any compromise with a brand new car IMO. Go Amogh's way to handle this issue. PM him and talk personally with him to how to go about this case.
Old 12th August 2009, 23:04   #1012
BHPian

here's the pics of the GP that was allotted to me with rusted parts...
sorry for the bad picture quality shot by my cell phone, but it tells a great deal about the 'premium hatchback' and the kind of quality that comes with it on day 0 of the ownership...however insignificant the part is, Rust on it shows the care FIAT takes for its own cars, forget about its customers...
Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-dsc00134.jpg
Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-dsc00135.jpg

Last edited by pineapple_ameet : 12th August 2009 at 23:11.
Old 13th August 2009, 14:02   #1013
Senior - BHPian

@pineapple... If I was at your place even I would have been concerned but the fact is this is surface rust as I said in the other thread as well. Its no danger either to the metal or to the car... just look at the color.. its orange. Once buffed it would never come back.

Last edited by extreme_torque : 13th August 2009 at 14:04.
Old 13th August 2009, 15:43   #1014
Senior - BHPian

Greetings! I have a couple of queries and I was wondering if punto owners could answer them.

1) In the European Grande Punto, the boot opens when you press the Fiat Logo. There is no seperate catch at the back to open it. Is it the same in the indian punto?

2) I have heard that in the european model, the rear wipers automatically start if you have switched on the front wipers and then change to reverse gear? Do we have that feature in the indian model?

Thanks for replying. I have already got dad to book a Grande Punto 1.4 FIRE and I'm awaiting delivery. I'll make a detailed post soon!
Old 13th August 2009, 16:21   #1015
BHPian

@punto owners,
Guys, does the emotion pkg spec come with a special fold able key? and does it also have lock/unlock buttons in the key or does it have an attachment?
Old 13th August 2009, 17:02   #1016
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
Greetings! I have a couple of queries and I was wondering if punto owners could answer them.

1) In the European Grande Punto, the boot opens when you press the Fiat Logo. There is no seperate catch at the back to open it. Is it the same in the indian punto?

2) I have heard that in the european model, the rear wipers automatically start if you have switched on the front wipers and then change to reverse gear? Do we have that feature in the indian model?

Thanks for replying. I have already got dad to book a Grande Punto 1.4 FIRE and I'm awaiting delivery. I'll make a detailed post soon!
1. No !! You have to use the key to open the boot or use the lever near the drivers seat

2. Yes : The rear wipers automatically start if the front wipers are on and car is put in reverse

Congratulations on your booking. Look forward to hearing your experiences. Keep us updated with review and pics

Amogh
Old 13th August 2009, 17:28   #1017
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Usually the engine is run-in in the factory itself. I doubt if the noise will reduce after run-in.
I doubt if the engines are run-in in the factory. I heard that some expensive cars are done so. But I think most of these cars below 1 crore are not run in. Someone who is very sure can correct me in this.
Old 13th August 2009, 18:03   #1018
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
I doubt if the engines are run-in in the factory. I heard that some expensive cars are done so. But I think most of these cars below 1 crore are not run in. Someone who is very sure can correct me in this.
This is quiet interesting because most owners on t-bhp are very particular about run in period(including me).
So if this can be proved that engines are run-in the factory then our run-in becomes pointless, or this is just a fabrication and not a fact?
Some expert needs to check this thread
Old 13th August 2009, 22:00   #1019
BHPian

Rusted body parts

hi extreme_torque
though reluctantly, the dealer accepted that this ideally shouldn't have been there in a new vehicle...so not matter what is the extent of rust, its is still rusted, and something which could have been avoided.

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
@pineapple... If I was at your place even I would have been concerned but the fact is this is surface rust as I said in the other thread as well. Its no danger either to the metal or to the car... just look at the color.. its orange. Once buffed it would never come back.
Old 13th August 2009, 23:28   #1020
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoghchaphalkar View Post
TSK !!

I want to make sure I have got this right.

Are you saying that it is good to keep the engine at idle for a while (say 30 secs) when you start it ?

Amogh

As per Fiat you need not keep the engine at idle. This is as per their site.

Fiat India

Kiran

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks