Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2009, 11:27   #226
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasanthn21 View Post
So, If i understand the summary of the review right... the major benefit of Manza over Dzire is space, and comfort.
Dzire advantages:

- Feels sprightlier
- Maruti's excellent after-sales
- Better fit & finish on the interiors
- Better handler

Manza advantages:

- Substantially more interior space (especially at the back)
- Way better ride quality
- More features (especially the top end variants)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
jk, Atleast on paper, its the Manza that is more powerful right? Or is it power/ weight consideration?
I've put up the power to weight ratios in the review (engine post).

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
how is BLUE5 of Manza. Is it like Blue n Me of Fiat?
Its derived from Fiat's blue&me itself. Differentiator = The Fiat can read out your SMS, while the Manza can be paired with 5 mobile phones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by windiesel View Post
if you intend not to part ways with it for 8-10 yrs?
If you intend to sell a car within 3 - 6 years of ownership (something I do NOT recommend), resale value is very important. On the other hand, resale wont make as much of a difference if you hold on to the car for 10 years.

Either ways, I do think the market should put weightage on resale value, as you really can't plan for 10 years down the line (personal / professional circumstances could and will change).

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
1 - The demo car had an over soft suspension.
Manza definitely has a soft suspension, though not overtly soft like the previous Indigo.

Quote:
2 - The same goes with the clutch.
Petrol has a softer clutch than the diesel. Which variant did you drive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Is it the original or the facelifted one?
Facelifted. Its an '07.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -NUT-case View Post
An odd thing i noticed with the TD cars was that the speedo was not working for both the petrol as well as the diesel cars. When i enquired about it , the salesperson said that , since the vehicles were not yet registred the speedo has been disconnected.
Pathetic dealership! Those test-abused cars are going to be palmed off to unsuspecting customers. Tata should exercise better control over its dealers!
Old 6th November 2009, 11:42   #227
BHPian

hi GTO,

how about driving ergonomics of TATA's this car.

can someone do a heel-toe in this one, which was completely impossible in the previous generation TATA cars, due to the awkward placement of pedals?
Old 6th November 2009, 11:54   #228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Its derived from Fiat's blue&me itself. Differentiator = The Fiat can read out your SMS, while the Manza can be paired with 5 mobile phones.
I was told this wasnt a Microsoft product but made for Tata and hence by a sister concern of Tata?

And I bet this is gonna be the car that will have its every part checked, dismantled and rechecked etc since people still cant believe a product like this from Tata. I see that most checklist people throw at it gets a Hi5 from Manza.
Old 6th November 2009, 13:17   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post

nutcase - body roll is what i encountered going at 80kmph at Bandra Worli Sea Link.
Soft Clutch is not nessecerily a good thing. A clutch needs to have a fair amount of firmness in it!!!!!!!
Well as GTO said , the MANZA's suspension is on the softer side for giving a better ride comfort and in doing so, the handling has to be compromised a bit. But i feel it is not a bad trade off. So the choice is yours.

I cannot think of why you would want a firm clutch unless you are into multitasking and bodybuilding! ( Arni's thighs anyone ?) . If it was unusually soft clutch it could be because of brake fluid being less in the particular vehicle.
Old 6th November 2009, 16:19   #230
BHPian

Hi GTO and others,
I was wondering, Thou Manza is a VFM car at its price. But will Manza also go the Indica way of becoming Taxis. Few months down the line Meeru Manzas and Easy Cab Manzas may rule the road when Logan is doing so poorly. Thats something which may be a big turn off for some buyers. It sure is a decent midsize sedan with a huge boot to be considered for a taxi fleet doing airport-city-airport rides.

Tata wont hesitate to sell them as a fleet to some company or will they?
Old 6th November 2009, 16:25   #231
BHPian

Quote:
I have checked the Fiat website on Blue & Me its claimed that it can be paired with 5 phones as well, and have provided a list of compatible phones.
Old 6th November 2009, 17:12   #232
BHPian

You are right. Blue and me can also pair with upto 5 phones.

However, don't expect to use 5 phones simultaneously ... only 1 of the paired phones (one which pairs first) will be active.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsan02 View Post
I have checked the Fiat website on Blue & Me its claimed that it can be paired with 5 phones as well, and have provided a list of compatible phones.
Old 6th November 2009, 18:33   #233
BHPian

Both Blue & Me and Blue5 are similar in function except that Blue & Me also has voice commands and SMS reader which Blue5 does not have.
Old 6th November 2009, 18:56   #234
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Manza definitely has a soft suspension, though not overtly soft like the previous Indigo.
Oh! The old Indigo has a soft suspension? I won't say my Marina's suspension is soft! My older Indica had a more compliant ride than my Marina.
Old 6th November 2009, 19:08   #235
BHPian

Hi to all team bhpians.I am extremely happy to be part of this forum.
This is my first post and would like to share in my views and learn a lot from all of them in the forum.
I would like to tell my Test drive experiance os the Tata Indigo Manza.
I had visited the Concorde motors for the Test Drive of Manza Surprisingly they had both the Manza diesel as well as petrol. I test drove both and was really impressed with the both the versions. Out of both i felt Diesel gave a refined and comfort ride. Petrol is also not bad.
The good things that i noticed was:-
**Looks like a upmarket sedan that too a mouth watering price
**Even the Aura version has got all the features except the ABS and Airbag
**Rear seat is extremely confortable
**Driver's seat is well place and steering handling position is perfect
**Braking was excellent. I drove a ABS equiped car.
**Diesel engine pick up and performance was good and was responsive. The turbo lag was good and was almost on par with dzire. But infact Dzire is even more a peppier car to drive.
**I think the fuel efficiently must be better than the Dzire and Linea Because of the taller gearing, Even though the Dzire weighs lesser than the manza the fuel efficiency of Dzire is a bit less than the Manza.Arai has certified 21.06kmpl for diesel Manza
**Rear view through the mirror from the dfriver's seat was far better than the dzire. Dzire rear view is horrible.
**I personally felt that the petrol was nosier than the diesel. I just raised the acceletor and checked and felt that the Diesel engine was very refined and quiet. And you really never feel that that you are driving a diesel car.
**Real VFM
** Acres of space inside the cabin and spacious boot.
** Rear is spacious enough even after draging the front seats to the last possible extent.
The things which i didnt like were:-
**The interiors were ok and not upto the mark.
**The Console was ok and not vey attractive.
**All the features are avaialble as far the interiors are concerned but the plastics used looks cheap. The steering mounted audio controls look same as that of Linea.
**The Tata people dont even have a colors shade card to see the colors, even though the same is available on the website of Tata its looks somewhat graphical.
**Rear could have been done better but not a big problem.
As far as A.S.S. is concerned i have no idea about Tata and have heard people saying its worst among the others.
Old 6th November 2009, 19:26   #236

Though it is being claimed as Tata's best product so far, but still not many will have the stomach to purchase one. Same old Indigo feel still will be a deal-breaker for many. Good that Tata has tried to generously uplift Fit and Finish of the interiors. I only wish that Tata had given this VFM product with a completely revamped exterior brushing aside Indigo hangover. But sadly Tata has gone in for old assembly line production, keeping costs in check but inspiring little change in perception amongst people.
Old 6th November 2009, 19:39   #237
Senior - BHPian

I had a look at Manza the other day at Concorde. The frontal view looks odd, but the side view is quite proportional. Overall, the exterior shape is much more pleasant on the eye than the Dzire.

There have been some improvements in the interiors. But there are still huge panel gaps and flimsy looking switches.

The biggest USP of the Manza: The rear seat. It's just too good. Not sure if even a Laura has a back seat as big or as comfy.

There was a marked difference between the kind of people looking at the Manza and the Linea. I don't think Fiat should be too worried just yet.
Old 6th November 2009, 21:39   #238
BHPian

Hi guys, this is my first post here. I didnt get a chance to TD but visited the Concorde showroom at Prabhadevi , sat in all the seat positions and went thru all the switches and the knobs and realised 3 things 1) Like said by everyone before me, the seating is simply great not only with respect to available space but also with respect to comfort 2) the doors shut with a thud better then previous Tata vehicles and 3) Till now Tata could afford not to emphasise on the niggling problems , especially the electrical ones, with Manza and all the new equipment for e.g. electrical ORVM etc Tata needs to pull up its socks. If they do it then they have a potential Manza owner in me.

Last edited by MihirC : 6th November 2009 at 21:42. Reason: spelling mistake
Old 6th November 2009, 23:41   #239
BHPian

One more thing guys, need your advice on this. Im planning to buy the Manza Aura +, in Q1, 2010. My intention of waiting till then was 1) BSIV compliant version to be launched in late March (Although the car is technically BSIV, it is currently registered as BSIII) 2) Was planning to wait for around 6 months post launch so that the next lot of Manza's with the niggles ironed out is available.

What I would like to know is there any way of knowing if the car is from the second lot/the lot with the niggles ironed out?

I hate this confusion
Old 7th November 2009, 00:26   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihirC View Post

What I would like to know is there any way of knowing if the car is from the second lot/the lot with the niggles ironed out?

I hate this confusion
By Q1 2010 which will mean a few months after launch and deliveries. So I guess you will stand a better chance of getting a less-niggled(!?!) car, than if you book right now simply because Tata might get time to sort them out by then.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks