Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2013, 16:01   #3121
Senior - BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Beat View Post
yeah, even i was at first. But when i checked the replaced parts, i could see 4 spark plugs. Hence i assumed. I could be wrong though.

EDIT: Just googled this, "In general, cars have a spark plug for every cylinder in the engine"
Ohh yes, very true !! Even I googled Wiki Answers and they too say that one spark plug each cylinder. Some performance cars have 2 spark plugs per cylinder.

Waiting eagerly for your review of the 3 years service, specifically the break up of costs.

Source: HERE

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-spark-plug.jpg
Old 8th July 2013, 16:10   #3122

Quote:
Originally Posted by auto-one View Post
Finally, the Beat gets what was badly needed, viz. driver's seat height adjustment, across all the fuel options it offers ( variant dependent)
Heard from the local dealer that they removed auto A/C option in LT models to accomodate height adjustment
Old 9th July 2013, 10:03   #3123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Beat View Post
The amount is quite correct. I paid INR 7010 for my 3rd year 28000 kms service.
Thanks for the responses guys. My car was delivered back yesterday itself - and the bill came to exactly Rs 7100 including 100 Rs tip for the pickup/drop driver.

And yes, the bill looks similar to what you've mentioned - 4 spark plugs, oil, etc etc.
Old 9th July 2013, 13:36   #3124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravijai View Post
Heard from the local dealer that they removed auto A/C option in LT models to accomodate height adjustment
Auto AC is available only in Beat Diesel LT.
Topolino is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2013, 14:09   #3125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjt View Post
I think amaron site is down, try after some time to select the right battery
http://www.amaron.in/choosebattery.php

How old is your car? Mine is 3.5yr old (2010 '02) model still going strong with upgraded 100/90W HLs, 4Ch Amp with Sub Woofer.

Attachment 1107131
Thanks for the screenshot sajjt.
I changed to an Exide battery. The stock was Exide too.

Apparently, the battery in the Beat is only fit in the Beat, U-VA and Sail models. No other models by any of the other manufacturers. So this could be a reason for it being slightly more expensive.

Mine is also about 3.5 years old. The battery was dying out, and I had to head out for a trip to Agra, so decided the to change it. Otherwise, the old one might have held on for another month or so.

I have a similar audio & headlight power consumption level.

Cheers,
Sam
Old 10th July 2013, 14:13   #3126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topolino View Post
Auto AC is available only in Beat Diesel LT.
Hi Topolino,
I happened to see the latest BEAT diesel LT and it has silver lined interiors with manual AC and driver seat adjuster. The auto AC I heard is now not available.
Old 10th July 2013, 20:10   #3127
BHPian

Yes, the auto a/c option is no more offered on the Beat. I confirmed this with one of the Chevy dealers in Pune. Ironically, the Beat was launched with 'Segment -first auto a/c' as its USP. However, I am not complaining with this deletion, as I do prefer the driver's seat option rather than the auto a/c option. I also feel that the refreshed Beat, which is expected in 2014, may add this feature again . I am keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 12th July 2013, 00:55   #3128
Senior - BHPian

Beat Drifting !!! Loved It.

P.S: This is NOT ME. Just found on You Tube. Drive Safe.
Old 12th July 2013, 09:38   #3129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Beat Drifting !!! Loved It.

http://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=OUXrXBQ70YQ

P.S: This is NOT ME. Just found on You Tube. Drive Safe.
Well, the video is good. But this is not drifting, I guess. Drifting an fwd vehicle is next to impossible
Old 12th July 2013, 09:58   #3130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
Well, the video is good. But this is not drifting, I guess. Drifting an fwd vehicle is next to impossible
These guys were purely burning out rubber. At one point, it seemed that the car would roll over !! Nevertheless, I would say it was a good attempt.
Soumyajit9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2013, 16:20   #3131
BHPian

If anyone has replaced their wiper blades recently with hella, can you tell me the size you used? The originals are 23,15,12. However, hella does not have 23 or 15 (they have 24 or 22, and 14 or 16). I'm not sure if I should go bigger or smaller.
Old 1st August 2013, 12:06   #3132
BHPian

Hi Fellas,

I am getting good deals on wipers in Malaysia. Could someone shed some light on the wiper sizes for Beat, and will any brand/make do? Also, found something called "Wiper Scrubber" which "Rejuvenates" the wiper. Are they useful? Also, if someone could post a picture of the parking light bulb in beat, I'd be grateful- looking to replace those too. What types are they?
Old 1st August 2013, 20:33   #3133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyf16 View Post
If anyone has replaced their wiper blades recently with hella, can you tell me the size you used?
Quote:
Originally Posted by adg_andy View Post
Could someone shed some light on the wiper sizes for Beat, and will any brand/make do?
I replaced mine about 6 months back. Here are the sizes:
Driver Side: 22"
Passenger Side: 16"

After a lot of headbanging over Dynaedge and AeroTwins, I went for the regular ones from Hella. Costed me Rs.500 in total.
Incase you still have doubts, ask them to open the existing blade, measure it with a tape and buy the exact same size.

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-20130801_201809.jpg

Quote:
Also, found something called "Wiper Scrubber" which "Rejuvenates" the wiper. Are they useful?
Haven't heard or seen one. Googled and found THIS link. Sorry, unable to help you here.

Quote:
Also, if someone could post a picture of the parking light bulb in beat, I'd be grateful- looking to replace those too. What types are they?
BHPian sajjt had responded to a similar query HERE. You could PM him for more details.
Soumyajit9 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2013, 00:02   #3134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
I replaced mine about 6 months back. Here are the sizes:
Driver Side: 22"
Passenger Side: 16"

Hahaha! Finally this mystery has been solved by you. Samarth and I both have dyna-edge by Hella but none of us remembered the size. It was so awkward to tell people to go for Hella's and yet not know the size.
Old 3rd August 2013, 11:24   #3135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhishekB86 View Post
Hahaha! Finally this mystery has been solved by you. Samarth and I both have dyna-edge by Hella but none of us remembered the size. It was so awkward to tell people to go for Hella's and yet not know the size.
Haaahaaahaa
Even I had seen bbyf16's post sometime back, but everytime I saw it, I was at work and didn't remember the sizes. When I came home, I used to forget. Luckily, I saw adg_andy's post and set a reminder on my mobile. Came home, took out the boxes and shot a pic.

Pretty much confusing to get the accurate sizes, unless you measure them at the shop.

By the way, how is the Dynaedge performing ?
I wanted to fix Dynaedge, but Reliance Autozone didn't have stock of the size I required. So instead of waiting (call it impatience), I went for the regular blades. They seem to be doing a good job though.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks