Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2011, 09:41   #1786
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Mahindra Thar (2011 - 2019)

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrot_eater View Post
Dear Jaggu

Would you know what critical niggles are being sorted out. I am aware of the fuel tank issue - what else is getting sorted out?

Cheers
Carrot

I know one niggle was the fuel intake manifold replacement for vehicles in my batch. Mahindra sent out a circular containing the VIN's to be recalled and Sireesh promptly replace all parts related including the fuel tank.

OT: I changed from the standard Bridgestone Dueller H/T to Yoko Geolander A/T. Oh my, what a difference it made to the ride and my back. I could not believe that tyres could have such an effect. I cursed myself for not doing this *** soon as I got the vehicle.

I primarily changed to A/T since the H/T's were so lacking in couple of my offroad trips. Seriously, Mahindra should ship Thar with better tyres than the Bridgestone. Some notable difference in city rides

-At least 50% Plush Ride compared to before
-Comparatively lesser bouncing/rolling around
-Lesser road noise
-being 255 profile tyres, i looks good as well.
Old 18th July 2011, 01:34   #1787
BHPian

Hi All,

Finally broken down and begged the wife, and I will be placing the order for the Thar this coming week. Hopefully the waiting period is not a lot!

The main reason she agreed was that the work on the hard top is almost complete. And to finish, we need a Thar...

A quick question - what is the best tyre to change to once I buy the Thar - I saw one with Maxxis Bighorns on some thread a while ago (can't find the thread) and it looked very good!

Thanks,
Manas
manasm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2011, 08:21   #1788
BHPian

hi friends , thar is selling a lot in punjab i say this because 7 of my friends have booked it 2 of them have booked the black thar crde in the same dealership togather ,and the rest five of them have booked the thar crde togather and they are getting pearl white colour of the scorpio which is not offered in thar ,but i confirmed from them ,they will be getting pearl white thar crde in about one and a half month all five of them on a single day thanks
Old 19th July 2011, 17:58   #1789
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bajwasingh View Post
hi friends , thar is selling a lot in punjab i say this because 7 of my friends have booked it 2 of them have booked the black thar crde in the same dealership togather ,and the rest five of them have booked the thar crde togather and they are getting pearl white colour of the scorpio which is not offered in thar ,but i confirmed from them ,they will be getting pearl white thar crde in about one and a half month all five of them on a single day thanks
Seems like Punjabis love the Thar

Never heard so many people vouching for Thar. And pearl white will look good.
Do post some pictures as soon as you lay your eyes on them.
Here in Ahmedabad, i have seen only 1 of them in black, a month back. Seems Gujaratis are more comfortable in their Hyundais and Marutis
Old 19th July 2011, 19:33   #1790
BHPian

yes vaidya they surely do love the thar ,the college going are specifically crazy for the thar . i hopefully will book one too waiting for the factory fitted ac lets see how long will mahindra keep us waiting
Old 20th July 2011, 00:15   #1791
Senior - BHPian

Yes Punjabis do love the thar a lot.There is a Leh tour guy from chandigarh who's bought a fleet of 20 Thars for his tours.
Old 20th July 2011, 10:05   #1792
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the rest five of them have booked the thar crde togather and they are getting pearl white colour of the scorpio which is not offered in thar ,but i confirmed from them ,they will be getting pearl white thar crde in about one and a half month all five of them on a single day thanks
Oh so they are your friends? I had heard about these bookings, I was also told that somewhere else in Punjab there was a bulk booking of 6 more Thar's in a similar color. Are these also your friends?

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Yes Punjabis do love the thar a lot.There is a Leh tour guy from chandigarh who's bought a fleet of 20 Thars for his tours.
That is good news Navpreet, all bookings are from Chandigarh area?

Spike
Old 20th July 2011, 10:11   #1793
Senior - BHPian

No idea about where he bought them from but he is on tour as we speak.These are elite tour operators who generally tour only with foreigners. The Packages are very expensive and lavish.
Old 20th July 2011, 11:37   #1794
BHPian

Hi spike, yes they are my friends i was also to be the one of them to book a thar alongwith them but I am waiting for the factory fitted ac, afterall i do not want someone fiddling around with a new jeeps engine. They have booked it at goel motors mohali. Hopefully mahindra will provide an ac at factory level then we will see many more thars flying off the shelves, because I personally know a hell lot of people waiting for the factory fitted ac. Spike hope you are all ears to it. Thanks.
bajwasingh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2011, 12:57   #1795
Distinguished - BHPian

What is Thar "Adventure" version???

Hi,

I had seen an "Adventure" vesion in a photo in the first post and somehow forgot about it because there hasn't been any discussion about it on the forum ever since.

Last Saturday, when I was at Sahyadri Motors (a Mahindra dealer in Pune) to get the quote for Thar CRDe, the person said I can not register Thar with RTO because I live in MH-12 area which is Euro-4. I said "C-R-D-e", and he looked puzzled. Then he handed me over to someone who was "supposed to know" and he gave me a quote but clearly said this vehicle is rare and no TD is possible. Also, the deliveries had stopped for some time due to some problems with the vehicle and have resumed only recently.

More importantly, he said if I am so much interested in Thar, why don't I oder the "Adventure" version - which can only be ordered from the company directly "online" and dealer can not help in any way.

Any info on this?
Old 22nd July 2011, 13:45   #1796
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Spike hope you are all ears to it. Thanks.

Sirji, I am only ears now, nothing beyond that.. However, I will escalate it to the right ears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post

More importantly, he said if I am so much interested in Thar, why don't I oder the "Adventure" version - which can only be ordered from the company directly "online" and dealer can not help in any way.

Any info on this?
Adventure version is not a factory product, it is done up by the Customisation team on a production Thar CRDe.

Spike
Old 22nd July 2011, 14:45   #1797
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post

Adventure version is not a factory product, it is done up by the Customisation team on a production Thar CRDe.

Spike

What does this mean to a customer? And to a dealer?
Old 22nd July 2011, 15:08   #1798
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I had heard about these bookings, I was also told that somewhere else in Punjab there was a bulk booking of 6 more Thar's in a similar color.
Spike are you saying that Mahindra does a special colour if 5 or more people book a Thar and want it in a particular colour? or is it a new colour being added to the lineup next month?
Old 22nd July 2011, 16:38   #1799
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
What does this mean to a customer? And to a dealer?
For a dealer, it is just like any other car. For the customer, he has to take delivery and send it to Mahindra Customisations in Mumbai. For further details you can contact Mr. Jaggi Nanda of Mahindra Customisations - main

Spike
SPIKE ARRESTOR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2011, 16:46   #1800
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
For a dealer, it is just like any other car. For the customer, he has to take delivery and send it to Mahindra Customisations in Mumbai. For further details you can contact Mr. Jaggi Nanda of Mahindra Customisations - main

Spike
Ok, Thanks.
Good to know.

I wonder why the dealer is is not aware of this!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks