Team-BHP - Lambretta scooter lovers here ?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Post-War (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-war/)
-   -   Lambretta scooter lovers here ? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-war/16994-lambretta-scooter-lovers-here-20.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by karlosdeville (Post 1397533)
To each his own. The handle bar I think is taken from a Piaggio 3 wheeler. Integrated neatly I suppose.

Agreed, Karl! Yup, the handle is from an auto rickshaw! No complaints about the actual execution...neatly done. But why ruin a perfectly good Lambretta...the handle looks ok, but that headlamp looks bad, IMHO!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanher (Post 1396782)
Neither am I. I think he means SX 150, in which case, luckily for him, its an imported model!

Thank you chanu! However, my work is yet not near as impeccable as Saurabh (SA7VA5), check out his 1968 Lambretta resto thread! I'm sure he is the right model for the rest of us.

As for my scoot, well I'm afraid I'll have to momentarily re-register it as WIP 4713, considering the state of things for now! :(

A bend in the rear body frame needs to be corrected and I intend to get the scoot running first, so I can drive it down to the denter's and get it corrected. Unfortunately, the concerned mechanic has got a tad busy and so have I, with a new afternoon job!

But he has assured me he will be free in 2 days to resume my work. I hope to get things sorted out ASAP.

Am sure that mine is a Imported Lambretta, may be its SX150 only because am not so good at Lambretta model names. Its an 1965 model still runs great and i belt the vehicle real hard(Sorry if my language is slang here !!). Am a New Bie so cant post pictures i guess.

Pictures of my Lambretta are available on my Orkut Id : "Sujith T(TRANSPORTER)"

Quote:

Originally Posted by karlosdeville (Post 1397533)
To each his own. The handle bar I think is taken from a Piaggio 3 wheeler. Integrated neatly I suppose.

Hm...yeah, handlebar's come out good enough. But the least he could've done was to fit a s1 horncast with the integrated headlamp cowl- I'm told you can get moulded ones quite easily in Bangalore. So anyone looking for a genuine s1 ought to watch out!! :D

Seeing this thread makes me reminisence about my younger days on a Lamby since i practically grew up on them. Dad always rode a lamby and god only knows why the heck did i sold it away:deadhorse

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sujith1100 (Post 1398504)
Am sure that mine is a Imported Lambretta, may be its SX150 only because am not so good at Lambretta model names.

OK, here are some SX 150 pics. courtesy mr.google..does your scoot look like this:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/227/5...049f07.jpg?v=0

http://www.dreamscooter.net/photogal...s/IMG_0412.JPG

http://www.mmlambretta.com/bikes/SX150%20Green%201.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 1398552)
Seeing this thread makes me reminisence about my younger days on a Lamby since i practically grew up on them. Dad always rode a lamby and god only knows why the heck did i sold it away:deadhorse

Yes you did mention this before. But anyways, no use crying on spilt milk. I would buy her back if still available (else atleast go for another one), if I were you! :)

Albeit they've become a bit more pricey than they would've been when you sold yours!

BTW, was your dad's scoot a Lamby or LAMBRETTA (like hillram's)?? the 2 are rather different, you know. Atleast on the outside.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanher (Post 1398684)

ya mine is the same kind of scooter with some small changes because of some accidents my father had !
but the vehicle is just amazing, i have run it so many times with out engine oil and it has never seized. also used brake fluid as engine oil:uncontrol

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sujith1100 (Post 1398756)
ya mine is the same kind of scooter with some small changes because of some accidents my father had !
but the vehicle is just amazing, i have run it so many times with out engine oil and it has never seized. also used brake fluid as engine oil:uncontrol

Am interested to know how these Lambrettas found their way into India? Do you know how your dad got hold of it? I think your scooter is called 150 Special. Rest of us have the LI 150 Series 2. Your scooter is slimmer, and referred to as slimstyle. Our scooters are rounder and broader and referred to as widebody. I am sure your scooter has a lot of original Innocenti parts, please be very careful if you give it to any mech. Hang around, and supervise the work, else they could fleece you and take off some of your real good parts. Karl or Shyam would know more about your scooter. It possibly shares a parts bin with the Vijai Super, but do try and get real quality parts from abroad...try not to settle for local parts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sidman (Post 1399258)
Am interested to know how these Lambrettas found their way into India? Do you know how your dad got hold of it?

You'll be surprised how many imported scooters, bikes, cars and buses came in. By the hundereds! Usually with people working abroad and then returning, expats, priests/missionaries, multinational corporations and the like. There is an SX150 in daily use in Pune that came from a very obscure place like Paraguay or thereabouts (I forget).

Quote:

Am interested to know how these Lambrettas found their way into India? Do you know how your dad got hold of it? I think your scooter is called 150 Special. Rest of us have the LI 150 Series 2. Your scooter is slimmer, and referred to as slimstyle. Our scooters are rounder and broader and referred to as widebody. I am sure your scooter has a lot of original Innocenti parts, please be very careful if you give it to any mech. Hang around, and supervise the work, else they could fleece you and take off some of your real good parts. Karl or Shyam would know more about your scooter. It possibly shares a parts bin with the Vijai Super, but do try and get real quality parts from abroad...try not to settle for local parts.

Ya my father said it shares some parts with VIJAI SUPER. And till now i didnt know that my scooter is an rare one, i guess thats the reason why i haven't spotted any Lambretta just like mine yet. And also all my Original logos/monograms were missing when given for repairs, that why i want to know any real good trustworthy mechanics in Bangalore experienced with Lambrettas

Mr.Stanher or Mr.Sidman

Please send me the addresses of the mechanics you know in Bangalore as a private message. I may start the project on my Lambretta 2010 January
please:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sujith1100 (Post 1400780)
Mr.Stanher or Mr.Sidman

Please send me the addresses of the mechanics you know in Bangalore as a private message. I may start the project on my Lambretta 2010 January
please:

I'm 99% coming for the Fiat Club meet! Will give you the details. Stanher is based in Hyderabad, he might not be able to help you. Take your time restoring the bike, sourcing good parts takes time. If you start sourcing replacement parts soon, you'll be prepared for the final restoration. Less running around and bothers at the last moment. So now's the time to build a "parts mountain" for yourself!

Thanks Sidman,

but now i have run out of cash after my Fiat's work.
will try slowly taking your help

Quote:

I think your scooter is called 150 Special. Rest of us have the LI 150 Series 2. Your scooter is slimmer, and referred to as slimstyle. Our scooters are rounder and broader and referred to as widebody.

From his pics. on his orkut album, I found out that it's actually a SERIES 3 Li. But yes, also a slimstyle body. Most original parts intact.

Hi, I have a 1960 LI 150 myself. Can anybody suggest some good mechanics (BLR) and places where I could find parts? Thanks