Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2010, 15:13   #226
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
Thanks Manish for the inputs and direction towards workshop, bike sure needs paint as its fadded and worst part is pilled out from atleast 30% surface area so just to avoid rusting i need to paint her, i'll try my best to keep stock looks but internals should be performace till certain level.
Tough to find but was lucky enough to get this, found one more in Korba but the owner is not willing to sell, i'll be trying once again after couple of months as i am sure he will give up after some time.
Ajay , all the engine bits are available here New , i can send them to you
Old 22nd November 2010, 15:57   #227
BANNED

Thanks buddy you know this bike better then me
Also if you can help me in finding the bent pipe, tak pads, tank logo, tank cap, meter, tail lamp and all possible stuff.
Old 22nd November 2010, 16:17   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks buddy you know this bike better then me
Also if you can help me in finding the bent pipe, tak pads, tank logo, tank cap, meter, tail lamp and all possible stuff.
I can send the engine parts , the cosmetic bits are hard (if not impossible) to get here .

I think you would need the Tank pad Tank Logo, petrol cap and the tail lamp to make it complete 100% .

My advise would be to restore it to genuine factory specs (100%) or leave it as it is , how many bobbies on the road today will have original factory 1978 paint and that too in reasonable condition , a good detailing/polishing job will yield good results IMHO.

Cheers
Old 28th November 2010, 20:50   #229
BHPian

Bobby rajdoot under restoration for the kids.
Attached Thumbnails
Rajdoot GTS "Bobby"-bobby-014.jpg  

Rajdoot GTS "Bobby"-bobby-001.jpg  

Rajdoot GTS "Bobby"-bobby-002.jpg  

Rajdoot GTS "Bobby"-bobby-004.jpg  

Rajdoot GTS "Bobby"-bobby-005.jpg  

Rajdoot GTS "Bobby"-bobby-007.jpg  

Rajdoot GTS "Bobby"-bobby-008.jpg  

Rajdoot GTS "Bobby"-bobby-015.jpg  

Rajdoot GTS "Bobby"-bobby-017.jpg  

Rajdoot GTS "Bobby"-bobby-018.jpg  

dominator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2010, 08:26   #230
Senior - BHPian

Beautiful job, Dominator!
Though the blue one's handlebar is flayed too much.
Any luck with the tank badges or chain guard?
Old 29th November 2010, 10:13   #231
BANNED

Folks need help in getting the copy of invoice of Bobby as i need it to pay the road tax in Karnataka, if someone can scan and post it over here will be really great help.
Old 29th November 2010, 18:15   #232
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Folks need help in getting the copy of invoice of Bobby as i need it to pay the road tax in Karnataka, if someone can scan and post it over here will be really great help.
What invoice do you refer to? The original sales invoice when the vehicle was first bought? For a 30 year old vehicle?! How ridiculous is that!
Old 29th November 2010, 18:31   #233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
What invoice do you refer to? The original sales invoice when the vehicle was first bought? For a 30 year old vehicle?! How ridiculous is that!
The original invoice is never required, what is required is a documented paper for the price the vehicle is bought to arrive at the amount to be paid as a road tax.

An original invoice if there will do or else a paper stating the sale price with a revenue stamp and sign of previous owner will do.

Ajay, please contact an agent and he will make job easy for you.
Old 29th November 2010, 19:13   #234
BANNED

Yes here in Bangalore RTO guys are asking for original sales invoice :(.
Manish i think the option suggested by you is fair enough, will give a try.
Old 29th November 2010, 19:26   #235
Senior - BHPian

Manish Sir thanks whole heartedly for giving this peice of information I have a KA04 regd Palio 1.2 which I wanted to re registed in AP but the same saga was brought up by the RTO here, I even tried to get the original invoice never got a invoice even if I had got it would have stated the price then 2004 somewhere around 4-5 lac as I am not sure wherein I have purchased it for 1.80 lac why would someone pay tax at the rate of brand new car wherein the purchase was done for less. I guess the RTO themselves have no clarity on this apart form that I have been also told that once re registered the previous state where the vechicle was registered would get some refund is it true.

Last edited by chanu : 29th November 2010 at 19:35.
Old 29th November 2010, 20:04   #236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes here in Bangalore RTO guys are asking for original sales invoice :(.
Manish i think the option suggested by you is fair enough, will give a try.
Ajay and Bala,

This is the only workable solution, if you can get a cheaper price written down on paper it will work out cheaper.

And Ajay don't go for NOC, reregister the bike in your name at your hometown, pay just the road tax in Bangalore and this way you can ride in both states without any problem .

Ajay Can you share us the pictures and if possible the registration number
Old 8th December 2010, 11:13   #237
BANNED

Re: Rajdoot GTS "Bobby"

Friends looking for Mr. Gopi's details as need few stuff and some knowledge from him to restore my two Boobies.Appriciate PM as its not good to put contact details on open forum.
Old 13th December 2010, 10:47   #238
BANNED

Got the original invoice after hunting around and its showing 5600 on road price, my RTO agent said hardly 250 Rs road tax for this price.
Forgot to mention Bobby landed at home and now she is waiting for restoration work.Will post the pics soon.
Old 20th December 2010, 13:29   #239
BANNED

Need inputs for restoring Bobby as i need to get it done ASAP and my mechanic who does things for me is sitting on big pile of work, dosent looks he will be able to do in next 2 months, i need mechanic who can do engine assembling and chrome and paint job from my preffered guys in Bangalore.
Old 20th December 2010, 13:46   #240
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Need inputs for restoring Bobby as i need to get it done ASAP and my mechanic who does things for me is sitting on big pile of work, dosent looks he will be able to do in next 2 months, i need mechanic who can do engine assembling and chrome and paint job from my preffered guys in Bangalore.
Ajay,

You ask doubts, but at the same time keep us deprived of the pictures , please for our viewing pleasure post the pictures.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks