Old 9th June 2009, 19:04   #151
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S@~+#0$# View Post
Congrats on your Bobby Siva.
Quote:
Originally Posted by girishpv View Post
Congrats Shiva......great find.
Thanks for your wishes. I hope to bring this tiny boy into the its old days look

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
The tank monogram on the early bikes was the old one with E/L written on it. Anyone remembers this?
I hope my bike would have been show cased with E/L, I have only heard of it but never seen it. Anyone in this forum got the model of it.

Last edited by trammway : 9th June 2009 at 19:05.
Old 12th June 2009, 22:03   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trammway View Post
Thanks for your wishes. I hope to bring this tiny boy into the its old days look

I hope my bike would have been show cased with E/L, I have only heard of it but never seen it. Anyone in this forum got the model of it.
Here's it friend,from my Bobby (GTS)

& now, Iam sending this GTS tank with side panels to you Mr.Siva.
any way you will have tough time in getting the tank fixed to its stock shape !!
Attached Thumbnails
Rajdoot GTS "Bobby"-sdc11411.jpg  

Rajdoot GTS "Bobby"-sdc11455.jpg  

Rajdoot GTS "Bobby"-sdc11453.jpg  

Old 12th June 2009, 22:52   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertwin View Post
Here's it friend,from my Bobby (GTS)

& now, Iam sending this GTS tank with side panels to you Mr.Siva.
any way you will have tough time in getting the tank fixed to its stock shape !!

Sir, simply excellent. I don't really feel this task going to be tougher as you mentioned. Thanks a ton for this tank.

With this I'm completing to collect Tank shield, Tank rubber pad, Stepney mount, Silencer cover.

I only need the following now and it is always happy to see the number of rare parts list is going down on my restoration phase.

1. Tank monogram (hopefully i will get replica face one tomorrow, sure E/L is a tougher one)
2. Tank lid (the cap)
3. Side shield Rajdoot GTS plate (Will fabricate either with steel plate or sticker)
4. Tail light - now got an idea to convert the Ambassador reverse light into the bobby tail light. Just simply painting the lens with the slide colors will make my tail light ready. However I will continue search for the original one.
Old 12th June 2009, 23:01   #154
BHPian

Mr.Siva,

Try to use tail lamp from normal jeep, I have used the jeep tail lamp for my GTS.
Old 14th June 2009, 19:09   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishpv View Post
Mr.Siva, Try to use tail lamp from normal jeep, I have used the jeep tail lamp for my GTS.
Could I see your bike's picture with the tail lamp that you are referring ?

I just returned from Bangalore after successfully collecting few items for my bike. My only need for the GTS restoration is now the tank lid and tail light.

Rajdoot GTS "Bobby"-image026.jpg

Rest of the items were also collected. Here are the parts that I collected in bangalore:

Rajdoot GTS "Bobby"-image030.jpg

Rajdoot GTS "Bobby"-image031.jpg

Rajdoot GTS "Bobby"-image042.jpg

The silencer front portion shown above is a replicated one and it was done in half a day time. The stepney mount also replica one and all of these items were collected and given to me by Mr. Gopi, he got these items replicated for me. Guys the GTS lovers should meet him once

Rajdoot GTS "Bobby"-image019.jpg

He is a regular visitor to TBHP but I doubt if he got a handle here. He owns none other than 2 bobby and got good amount of parts for the GTS. He personally got the GTS logo replicated. His 1972 GTS still got the original tail light made by Hella, hence it clears a fact that the GTS was equiped with Hella made tail lights.

Rajdoot GTS "Bobby"-image017.jpg

As a gift I also got the parts catalog, and that parts catalog reveals another truth that 1972 to 1974 GTS were originally came with the silencer cover that is fitted on my bike. Hence what I have currently is also original GTS silencer cover. (Mine, an article in Hindu about GTS, Yellow GTS shown here, The Hot rod shown in this post are all having he same old GTS silencer cover)

Rajdoot GTS "Bobby"-image043.jpg

He got a completely original 1972 GTS and Hot Rod GTS 1974,the picture of the hot rod is here below:

Rajdoot GTS "Bobby"-image018.jpg

I also saw a beautiful yellow and red GTS that is getting ready in Bangalore.

Rajdoot GTS "Bobby"-image021.jpg

The red GTS painted tank gave me an idea about how my tank needs to be prepared:

Rajdoot GTS "Bobby"-image022.jpg

Last edited by trammway : 14th June 2009 at 19:14.
Old 16th June 2009, 20:56   #156
BHPian

Wow Shiv: You were so close to where I live. I just stay in the next lane to that garage and Gopi's house. He has also picked up a lovely Lambretta 48. Yeah his Bobby is one of the best restored ones I have seen and the Yellow Bobby belongs to a called Ian. It was already restored, its there in the garage for some small repair work.

The Y350 (right hand bottom corner) in the 5th pic with Mr. Gopi belongs to another T-bhpian.

Last edited by TuffRyder : 16th June 2009 at 20:59.
Old 17th June 2009, 11:41   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuffRyder View Post
Wow Shiv: You were so close to where I live. I just stay in the next lane to that garage and Gopi's house. He has also picked up a lovely Lambretta 48. Yeah his Bobby is one of the best restored ones I have seen and the Yellow Bobby belongs to a called Ian. It was already restored, its there in the garage for some small repair work.

The Y350 (right hand bottom corner) in the 5th pic with Mr. Gopi belongs to another T-bhpian.

Oh no! I didn't know that you are from the same area, missed an opportunity to see you. He really got a good hold of fabricators for the Bobby rare parts. I was seeing him with full of enthusiasm about the Bobby bikes and very helpful.

Yes, I did come to know about the lambretta 48 as he was referring through the conversations.

I did see the mechanic's son who drives a blue color RD350. I'm sure you are referring the Red colored J350, is it our TBHPians ?
Old 17th June 2009, 21:57   #158
BHPian

No the red J350 belongs to another person (who I think is a member here) who has the most enviable collection of jawas and yezdis in his garage. Ive learnt a great deal from him about these bikes. I was talking about the black Y350.
Old 22nd June 2009, 21:50   #159
Senior - BHPian

Can some one tell me if Rajdoot GTS got a mufler (core) at the end of silencer pipe ?

I'm trying to identify alternate parts for the Rajdoot GTS

Mufler core:
I heard someone saying that the GTS was sharing the Yezdi half sized mufler (core) in the exhaust system for noise reduction. Any pointers?

Handle bar:
Rajdoot GTS owners here, Please let me know if the TVS 50 XL and Rajdoot GTS shares the same handle bar ?

Wheel Rim:
I got a Lambretta disc (wheel rim) for my GTS as stepney as I could see it from the rim pattern both are matched.

Air filter:
The Rajdoot GTS shares the same airfilter as Royal Enfield Crusader one

Tail light:
Thought the GTS tail light is no direct sharing with other vehicle, the close one is the Mahindra MM540 side indicator lights. Instead of blood red as seen in the GTS tail light the MM540 one got white color. This could be painted with a transparant color to make it look like original (Thats what I did)

There are many items were common among Rajdoot D175, Runabout and GTS. Hence I'm not discussing them in here.
Old 23rd June 2009, 10:15   #160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trammway View Post
Can some one tell me if Rajdoot GTS got a mufler (core) at the end of silencer pipe ?
Yes there is a muffler core at the end of the tailpipe. It is fastened by one hex screw (the core has a nut welded to it at the correct position).
Not sure whether any other bike shared the same core.
Old 23rd June 2009, 10:48   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes there is a muffler core at the end of the tailpipe. It is fastened by one hex screw (the core has a nut welded to it at the correct position).
Not sure whether any other bike shared the same core.
Wow, can you post a picture of the core if possible. I would really appreciate if you can remove the core from the tail pipe and post the core picture here, so all GTS restorers can have it as reference.
Old 23rd June 2009, 11:58   #162
Senior - BHPian

Trammway, I'll try to do that. Give me a few days please.
If it is not totally jammed inside, I should be able to do the needful.
Old 23rd June 2009, 22:04   #163
BHPian

Shiv: U should have asked Gopi about it. even Ian's bike has one. Will try n take a picture the next time around.
Old 30th June 2009, 07:39   #164

Quote:
Trammway, I'll try to do that. Give me a few days please.
If it is not totally jammed inside, I should be able to do the needful.
hey buddy no need to do that labour... here are the pics of a brand new core... i have one...
Attached Thumbnails
Rajdoot GTS "Bobby"-30062009939.jpg  

Rajdoot GTS "Bobby"-30062009940.jpg  

Rajdoot GTS "Bobby"-30062009941.jpg  

Rajdoot GTS "Bobby"-30062009942.jpg  

Old 14th July 2009, 16:55   #165
BHPian

Is there is anyone with a Rajdoot GTS 175 a.k.a. Bobby service manual ???
I am in the need of one, can anyone will be able to scan it or send me a xerox copy ??
Please do reply.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks