Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2008, 12:09   #391
Senior - BHPian

Sittin here, waiting for some clamp for the comp. I'm getting a sinking feeling that this guy has really gone to the gelf to get it!
Old 14th July 2008, 12:41   #392
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuav View Post
The hvac unit that it has is a combination unit. For directional air flow it has the 170 degree turnable front quarter glass. For mass airflow it has 4 wrist torque operated pane glass air control system. For hot air we have Steer. Steer is getting greedy and wanting to put some phoren a/c from gelf. I think it is called neshonel or something.
Hahahahaaha Good one man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Sittin here, waiting for some clamp for the comp. I'm getting a sinking feeling that this guy has really gone to the gelf to get it!
So JayD is the chaperone eh! Good work JayD!
Old 14th July 2008, 13:21   #393
Senior - BHPian

Couldnt fit the rear lens we got from Ajay?
Old 14th July 2008, 13:29   #394
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Couldnt fit the rear lens we got from Ajay?
nopes, can't fit that now. We got only the lens from him, we need to make the assembly for it.
Old 14th July 2008, 14:15   #395
Jay
BHPian

The car is out of Bangy, you guys were here and i didnt even know... Wanted to see the car once it was completed... Anyways, Congrats Steer.
Old 14th July 2008, 14:42   #396
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
The car is out of Bangy, you guys were here and i didnt even know... Wanted to see the car once it was completed... Anyways, Congrats Steer.
Sorry Jay - I landed there past noon and it was evening by the time we got into the city from the airport. Were supposed to get delivery in the evening, but it was past 7.30 pm when we finally left, and we hit the highway straight. Had a few things to sort out so we took the backroads from Bannarghatta Road to Hosur Road and landed up on Hosur Road after electronics city and 3 stops to fix the throttle, check the engine and the rear springs.

Really didnt have time to call and speak to anyone as we were anxious to make it to Cochin before daybreak. As it turns out, we had a long stop for dinner just before Hosur, and left Bangalore officially only at about 10.30 pm after exchanging a lot of stories about the build and our experiences.

Took us 13 hours to get to Cochin with a longish stop for breakfast and morning duties and several chai/ciggie/leak breaks in between.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Got the clamp, got the compressor, work is progressing and we've been asked to return at 4.30 pm. The compressor is a Sanden 507 (or 504?), the blower unit is not notional but Super King. Standard Amby stuff.

Hopefully all will go well and I can drive the car without sweating out half my fat.

Last edited by aah78 : 17th July 2008 at 03:30. Reason: Expletive removed. Posts merged.
Old 14th July 2008, 15:59   #397
BHPian

steeroid-amazing job dude,congrats,i was about to point out few glitches,but then its already been mentioned by others[paint flaking on the dash and removal of mud flaps] and that you are already in the process of changing it.so nothing else to mention other than "great work".
Old 14th July 2008, 16:23   #398
Senior - BHPian

As with all tbhp cochin events, we have live updates! The work on the 'visible' ac Is progressing, and should be complete by evening!
Attached Thumbnails
My Landmaster Project-140720081473.jpg  

My Landmaster Project-140720081474.jpg  

My Landmaster Project-140720081475.jpg  

My Landmaster Project-140720081476.jpg  

Old 14th July 2008, 17:00   #399
Joz
BHPian

Brillant job on the car! The rear of the landy is bootilicious!

Congrats to all involved; especially the torque crazy mad man from the gelf who managed it all. And all the best for the rest of the job.

How is the torque on this one Steer? By the way, I am writing this sitting at 'BREWSTER'S Cafe - DMC 14". Get back to work!!!
Old 14th July 2008, 18:25   #400
BHPian

I missed this one.

Congratulations Santhosh & the entire team. She is beautiful & no picture does justice to it.

Take her to the jewish synagogue in Mattancherry or the Vasco da gama church in Fortcochin for a photo shoot out.
Old 14th July 2008, 19:42   #401
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joz View Post
By the way, I am writing this sitting at 'BREWSTER'S Cafe - DMC 14".
DMC 14 is my office bldg, Joz. Next time you're there, pop up to Level 3.

EDIT: The a/c is freezing cold, even at the lowest thermostat and fan setting. I drove with my windows half down thanks to all that petrol smell inside the car.

Last edited by Steeroid : 14th July 2008 at 19:44.
Old 14th July 2008, 20:00   #402
BHPian

Quote:
I drove with my windows half down thanks to all that petrol smell inside the car.
Why the petrol smell in the car? I too have this problem at times on my Amby Avigo.
Old 14th July 2008, 20:09   #403
Senior - BHPian

The a/c install was completed some time back, the car is literally an igloo on wheels! Even at the lowest fan speed, the whole thing freezes within a minute! And this is after we closed off two vents.

Now getting the work done on the car's horn. The one on it was very weak, so now fitting some period jalwa horns on it.
Old 14th July 2008, 20:12   #404
BHPian

JayD Upload the Video of the Lando Doing the Drag From BTH Yesterday Night.

The "Visible A/C" Is All Brrrrr...... So Goddamn Cold. As JayD Put it It's an Igloo Which Smells Of Petrol.

The Wheel And The Tires are to die for.
Old 14th July 2008, 21:08   #405
BANNED

Drove around in the city for a short period after the horn(y) install. The whole city was giving a horn(y) attention to the car. Dropped jaws, smiles, envious looks and unlimited astonishments.
Guys! It was fun.

The horns need a bit of tuning. But it sounds beautiful already and loud! After the tuning, the mechanics are claiming to be almost 30% louder. My GAWD!!!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks